[Star Wars] Senator Lexstra Auria

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Let me know what's bad, what's okay, and what's I should change!

UPDATED 4/7/2016

interstellar_dog_fight_by_johnsonting-d8u27e4.jpg

Lexstra Auria

Footage of Republic Starfighter Pilot Lexstra Auria in live combat

℘ Full Name

Lexstra Auria

℘ Title

Senator Lexstra Auria of the Galactic Republic

℘ Personal Info

Human

● Blonde

● Female

● 26 years old

● 5'7"

● 135 lbs

Credentials● 1½ years service to the Republic Starfighter Corps.

● 2 years service to the Galactic Senate

pool_party_lux_by_skyzocat-d90hjg6.jpg

Characteristics

℘ Positives

Strong-Willed

Wily & Creative

Compassionate

Broad-Minded & Understanding

Pragmatic

Cool & Composed

℘ Negatives

Stubborn

Ruthless

Uncooperative

Reticent

Distrustful

Manipulative

Please click on a colored box for more info

Personality
Lexstra Auria is unusual for a Senator: her concerns coincide not only with the matters of her own people, but of the common citizens of the Republic's whole. A true humanitarian and one of the few ethical politicians in the Galactic Senate, she's an empathetic and compassionate woman with deep sympathy for the plights of the common and oppressed.

To most who know her, Lexstra is cool-tempered and sympathetic. She is willing to hear out other's opinions and makes an effort to understand them, even in scenarios where they conflict with her own. Rarely does anything faze or upset her, with the exception being cruel abuses and flagrant disregard for the people. While her time in the Senate has tempered her composure after being faced with politicians of such corrupt demeanor every day, her confidants are keenly aware of her furious criticism for it.

She is nonetheless pragmatic, and her reality is viewed from a wider scope than most people. Lexstra understands that idealism's passions and energy have to be restrained to enact actual change in the real world. Her cunning becomes most apparent when Lexstra begins executing her goals, deftly manipulating society along her puppet-strings and smoothly making a difference in galaxy, one step at a time.

Underneath her external presence—which, while genuine, does not necessarily represent the entirety of her character—Lexstra is an impassioned crusader living under the facade of innocent naiveté. She believes that it is unacceptable for the Galactic Republic, and especially its leaders, to blindly act in pursuit of self-interest without even simple regard for their constituents. There are many who share her views, yet Lexstra continues to act alone or with the sole support of her few trusted because she is naturally combative and stubborn, refusing to abide or believe by any way but her own. While she may indeed make a genuine effort to understand another's beliefs, she, by no means, feels obligated to adopt it. Most often she takes it as a tool to discover her opposition's weakest point and develop strategies to ruthlessly dismantle it, piece by piece. Moreover, she tends to distrust others, especially other politicians, and maintains a secretive reticence of her own life cautiously guarded among her enemies and friends alike.

She becomes evasive, deceptive, manipulative, and sometimes cold-blooded in order to achieve her goals. Nobody expects a bright light such as she to play an insidious game of deception and intrigue in the dark, but that misdirection is in some ways her greatest tool. The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Background
Lexstra was born daughter to the Senator of Kuat, and granddaughter to the head of Kuat Drive Yards. Her grandfather’s position naturally also made him the effective ruler of Kuat, so by extension, his family was practically considered royalty in the lush Core World.

Her parents were often away on business, with her dad working for the Republic Navy and her mom for the Galactic Senate, so she tended to be left under the care of her uncle at home. Lexstra enjoyed his company, but she always yearned for the day when her parents would return. Sometimes they did, but rarely ever together, and Lexstra grew up lonely and longing, especially since she didn’t see many other kids either.

When her uncle began taking on more responsibility for her ailing grandfather, Lexstra begged to be taken along to the massive ring of shipyards orbiting Kuat: the factory base of KDY (Kuat Drive Yards). Delighted to provide something for his niece, her uncle agreed.

During her first visit, Lexstra grew enraptured by the glowing sea of eclectic colors through the clear transparisteel of her shuttle. Half-completed starships rested comfortably in the orbit, innards billowing out into space while tiny figures clamored over their surfaces. Other, intimidating battleships of grandiose power soared by, flashing into hyperspace far, far away.

Lexstra was determined to learn more about the massive rings, but too afraid to explore such unknown places with gusto. Yet, with each visit, she became more and more bold. One day, Lexstra met another group of children on the ring: residents whose families lived and worked there. She cringed, expecting them to treat her differently with sycophant smiles. To her surprise, they didn’t. They invited her to play tag with them, and with a timid smile, Lexstra agreed.

In just a few years, Lexstra had become a known regular among the massive spacedock. Her adventures and curiosity blossomed as she learned more and more about the galaxy, meeting people of all different backgrounds, statuses, sizes, species, and personalities. More than she did from the private lessons she received from tutors each day, Lexstra began to understand people of other classes than her own.

She developed a keen fascination with engineering and mechanical work, which while unbecoming of royalty like herself, allowed her to be more like the kids she met in the station. Her uncle was reluctant. Still, he eventually acquiesced to her wishes and allowed her to informally train in engineering with the workers at KDY.

Said engineers were apprehensive once the young blonde, one of the most important children in Kuat, excitedly walked up and asked them to teach her. But, like with most of the common people she’d met, they eventually grew to love and adore her as one of their own. Lextra’s new hobby later became a creative skill. Many mentioned that she seemed to be naturally in-tune with the machines. A few even joked that she must’ve been part droid to connect with circuits so well.

The rest of Lexstra’s childhood passed by in a flash. When she reached her eighteenth birthday, both her parents had taken a day off to celebrate. They threw a grand party and showered her in presents, inviting friends and family from across the galaxy. The party wasn’t the most exciting part of that day though. It was after, when the night was reaching a close, that Lexstra gathered up the courage to ask her parents to enroll her in the Anaxes Naval College.

As expected, they were outraged and frightened. Lexstra was cooly prepared, but even she felt the overwhelming heat to be a bit overbearing. Still, she wanted to be like the brave spacers she met in the past, whose adventures seemed like a romantic dream. More than that, while Lexstra had worked on and in starships, she rarely got the chance to fly one. That was the culmination of all her training and experience in KDY: a deep need to get behind the controls of a starfighter and just
fly.

They begrudgingly agreed, even if her dad, now an Admiral, was wary of allowing his daughter in such a dangerous profession. The training at Anaxes was harsh, and Lexstra was spared no mercy, but she managed to trudge through it all. Her piloting scores even broke long-time records at the historical institution. Lexstra soon became remembered as a promising cadet and prodigal pilot. After a grueling push to graduate with top honors in just two years, Lexstra was out.

She was now an official starfighter pilot in the Republic Navy. It was a dangerous profession, especially with all the tensions and combat permeating the galaxy, but Lexstra quickly proved that her prestige was well-deserved. She earned up plenty of experience in dozens of high-pitched battles, becoming an Ace and her squadron’s commander after just a year.

Then, in the aftermath of a pivotal battle, she disappeared. Declared the only MIA member of her squadron by virtue of being the only one not officially KIA, Lexstra was nowhere to be found. Her family was devastated. They desperately searched for her, but in time, grimly accepted that she might have indeed died.

They were half right. Lexstra had found herself drifting through an unfamiliar region of space in a badly damaged ship. Eventually she was picked up for scrap by pirates, and quickly discovered that she was a long ways from home.

For four years, Lexstra survived in the Outer Rim underworld, becoming a famous smuggler and dealing in all sorts of illegal matters. She never revealed her true name there, and did her best to hide her identity with disguises in the day-by-day. There were dozens, hundreds of chances for her to return to the Republic and her home. Despite that, she didn’t. Something had occurred that pivotal battle and completely disenchanted her with the Republic, but to this day no one knows what.

Four years after her exile, Lexstra evidently changed her mind and returned to the Republic, met with celebratory cheer by her friends and family. She has so far kept quiet about her experiences in that four-year period, and most around her accept that it was—and still is—too soon to discuss something no doubt traumatizing.

Lexstra wasn’t done yet though. Completely surprising her family and galaxy, Lexstra declared she wanted to be involved in politics. Her mom was overjoyed to know Lexstra wanted to follow in her footsteps in a less deadly profession, and immediately set to work on grooming the young blonde. Her father, horrified by the loss of his daughter and relieved for her return, didn’t disagree.

First becoming involved by representing Kuat in the House of Representatives, Lexstra quickly learned the intricacies of political life. It was no surprise she picked it up so quickly, considering her childhood life was subjected to obscene quantities of it. In just one year she has replaced her retired mother as the Senator of Kuat, and while new, has made a lasting impact on the galactic community.

Relationships
Best Friend

Lexstra is, unusually, best friends with a renown smuggler named Latia Su, also known as Nara Reth. She tends to keep their association clandestine because of her involvement in the scrutinizing political community.

Ally

Lexstra has been regularly partnered with Jedi Counselor Shaen Kenidai on various diplomatic of humanitarian missions for the Galactic Republic. She acknowledges his skill and respects him, and as such is careful to immerse into her crafted facade when nearby him.

Nemesis

Lexstra's crusade has been going well for the most part, except for one particular thorn in her side: Jedi Counselor Shaen Kenidai, a detective searching for a dangerously manipulative individual among the Republic's massive Senatorial Office. She's devoted herself to helping him and allowing him to confide in her, in part so she's aware of his every move on her tail.

Conflicts
Lexstra is tired of the rampant corruption and self-serving individuals leading the Republic's government, especially in the Senate. Hoping to make a difference, she's inserted herself into the environment and engages as a public example of hope for the people. In secret, however, she's engaged herself in a covert war against the traitors, spies, and corrupt in her government.

It appears, unfortunately, that said Republic has come to view her as one of those individuals herself. They consider her a dangerous saboteur as threatening as the other enemies of the state. Lexstra now finds herself with very few allies, fighting the enemy while hiding from the entity she seeks to protect.

Equipment
X-70B-Phantom-TOR.png

The Ethereal Vixen

Kuat Drive Yards Advanced Phantom-Class Stealth Transport

An advanced, and extremely expensive, ship, the KDY Phantom is designed to be a light, fast transport able to outrun and evade any pursuer. It was originally a military design for a covert intelligence operations, but the cost of production meant very few actually entered service.

The Ethereal Vixen is Senator Auria's personal transport, equipped with amplified military-grade shield generators, more powerful engines, and a faster hyperdrive in place of the obsolete stealth field generator. It has ample room for up to five occupants, but the nature of its design mean cargo is limited. However, the ship has four powerful turbolasers on the starboard and port sides, as well as a fully stocked medical bay and luxury furnishing.

Blaster-Pistol_01.jpg

【Blaster】

Arkanian CS-17 Sporting Blaster Pistol

Sporting Blaster Pistols are smaller, more "civilized" alternatives to large and clumsy blasters. They are suitable for hunting small game and most common among nobles or aristocrats. Although having less range and power than a normal blaster, the wealthy prefer it's sleek design, affordability, ease of use, and small, portable size. Besides, who wants to be seen walking around with a gaudy rifle?

Lexstra's kept this weapon ever since she's returned to the Republic, and although she's never had to use it, the Senator keeps a concealed weapon on her at all times.

℘ History Among the Galaxy

Recently, Senator Auria has become renown as an outspoken humanitarian and honest politician in the Galactic Senate. While most of the elite disregard her as naive, they grow increasingly wary of the young Senator after observing the unexpected cunning and creativity in her efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, thanks. My BBCoding is really mediocre, I just borrowed a lot of elements from tutorials I saw from Yuuki of the Strata and asking people who had cool CS's xD

Haha awesome xD But I really like your character! I really like how she is a nice person overall~

Meisaki said:
Haha awesome xD But I really like your character! I really like how she is a nice person overall~
Haha, glad to see someone looks past all the dirty things she has to do. Being Batman ain't easy (^.^)

Yes, being Batman is amazing and hard xD I posted many characters on here. No one criticizes me though D:<

I'd love to take a look at a couple of your characters, but only if you can say one bad thing about my sheet and how I can fix it =P

Yea but I sleep late so it's all cool xD Sorry, I just suck at criticism. I'm good at receiving it but not good at giving it xD

I hope you're not just saying that so you can get in my pants ;)

Do you have a link to a character sheet that you'd like me to take a look at?

Haha no xD I'm just bad at criticism and anyway, my characters are in my signature that says Character dump~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back