• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Trek: Odyssey, The Ten-Year Mission

Leaky_Faucet

Drip Drop
- STAR TREK: ODYSSEY -
The Ten-Year Mission
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Pitch

Hello everyone. So I've been on a bit of a Star Trek kick lately, and recently I binge watched Star Trek Voyager. But after finishing Voyager, I'm left wanting more and I can't help but wonder what would happen next. The Next Generation era captured my imagination in a way few shows can and it's giving me a craving that I need to sate.

This story would take place after any Star Trek series or movie yet. This gives us the advantage of having an open canvass to write our story on, without having to worry about staying within canon. The start date will be the year 2390, approximately 3 years after the destruction of Romulus, and 10 years before the end of the 24th century. We will be playing the crew of the U.S.S. Odyssey (NCC-71832-A). The second ship of her name in Starfleet, and first of the new Odyssey-class starships. (For those of you who are familiar, this is the same Odyssey from the Star Trek Online video game).

Following the discovery of a wormhole leading to the heart of the Delta Quadrant, Starfleet has decided to take a daring step forward in its mandate of deep space exploration. The Odyssey is to be the first Starfleet ship to undertake a ten-year mission, to explore and map out the uncharted portions of the Delta Quadrant. But there's a catch. Once the Odyssey is through the wormhole, Starfleet anticipates the tunnel will destabilize and collapse. The only way home will be the 10 year journey at warp back to the Alpha Quadrant.

Obviously there's a lot more to work out, and this is just a concept that has been rattling around in my head for a while. Rules of the RP will be decided upon by the group once enough interest has been generated to warrant a start. Also, with the mission length of 10 years, I figure we can do several time skips as necessary in order to freshen things up and add new life to the story when needed.

Like I said, just a concept and there's a lot of work to be done. I'm just checking to see if there's enough interest before I start sinking some time into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back