Squad 5 IC

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
For all things relating to Squad 5, this is our realm, our castle, our lands.

Jonin- Koma
Chuunin - Yukari Hyuuga
Chuunin - Sei Teshima
Chuunin - Misumi Sarutobi

SQUAD 5
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505

It was that time of year again, well, more like month at this point.

Searching far and wide was a couple of little papers, floating upon the winds in their hunt for their respective targets. The papers were in fact shikigami, the very same yokai that had attacked them not to long ago, upon them carried a missive from their sensei, to meet at the front gate for their next extremely important mission, and too pack for mountain climbing. When nearby their target, the paper fell tot he ground, folded into a little person and marched forward, bouncing with each step of their little flat paper legs, slipping underneath doors, fending off cats and dogs, anything to simply get to their target.

Wherever they may be, and no matter what they were doing, those valiant little paper soldier would risk it all to deliver that message!

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

She was at the meeting place early for once. Kuro lounged on her shoulders like a odd necklace. He flicked his tongue at her. "A mountain mission. . . at the very leasst, you may find ssome wild plantss to add to your collection."

"Maybe on the way back. Koma-sensei doesn't like giving us all the mission details beforehand. I have a feeling he'll pull something on us." Sei snapped the branch in her hand and threw one piece into the dirt by her feet. It stuck.

"Remember to call on my brotherss if you need to."

The second half of the stick was thrown into the ground. it quivered and fell over.

"Darn it." She picked up another stick and repeated the process. Her grandmother hadn't been pleased when she announced her mission, but she managed to placate her by telling her team was going out to collect supplies for the village. Sei had a feeling her grandmother knew she was lying but at this moment, she didn't really care as long as she didn't show up to talk to Koma.

Kuro lifted his head and looked back towards the village. "Where are they, anyway?"

"I wanted to be on time for once." Sei searched around for more small sticks to throw while she waited.

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi was minding her own business in her room when a small, white, moving blur in her peripheral vision caught her attention. She turned to look at the small moving thing and quickly recognized it as a shikigami, much like the ones that had attacked Sei and herself. She drew one of her fans and began to keep an eye out for more paper men. It took her a moment to notice what looked like writing on the shikigami. The handwriting looked like Koma's.

"Is that a message from Koma-sensei?" she asked the shikigami. It nodded. Misumi holstered her fan back to her hip. She crouched and held out her palm to the paper man. It climbed into her palm and folded itself out into a page of paper, allowing her to read the message.

"Message received. You can go back to...wherever you came from," she told the shikigami after she had read the message. "Sorry for burning your friends the other day," she said as it began to leave. It seemed like the little guys weren't fully evil after all.

Misumi packed up her ninja tools and the requested mountain climbing gear before making her way to the front gate. Sei was already there. Misumi waved.

"I didn't know you had a snake. Is he a yokai too?" she asked.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter KageYuuki KageYuuki

Yukari Hyuuga

Yukari frowned, reading the small missive. She was hardly back in fighting shape yet, mountain climbing definitely wasn't any better. The snippet of the conversation she'd heard while searching for Koma in his house did little to help matters. They were climbing a mountain to fight more Yokai from the sound of it.

Though she had a feeling the clan wouldn't really bat an eye if she got killed now.

The walk to the gate was slow. Even packing light, her pack still hurt to carry. Gonna be a long mission... Seemed Misumi and even Sei had managed to get there before her. Great, now I know I'll just slow everyone down. Yukari didn't say anything as she arrived, just silently leaning back against the wall. The two kunoichi likely wouldn't even spot her if she remained quiet. The snake would, not that it mattered.

Koma

Standing infront of the gate, awaiting his students, was indeed the man of the hour. Smiling, as per usual, he stood and waited paitently for his students, a mission in mind that was quite the important one indeed. For no war can be won without information, and they were being sent off to collect one big juicy tid bit for their country, info that evaded their grasp for quite abit of time. He only wished there was a more easier way to go about it, but he couldn't leave Yukari behind for this right now, considering the trip had a dual purpose getting her back to damn normal. it was near pitiful watching her limp about, it was like watching a hurt sad sassy puppy.

Who could on demand see 359 degrees around themselves...

Man, the Hyuuga were weird.

Course, he had more normal, ish, students in Sei and Misumi. He has yet to have anything of note aside from Misumi aside from beign a FAN of fire, best he write that one down for later. And Sei? That girl was a mystery that just wouldn't open up, like she didn't want to learn anything from him for crying out loud. Sure he subjected to to a world beyond reality and maybe on occasion put their lives in dire peril and MAYBE showed up abit late to the fight against the mist jonin....

Okay.. in truth she had quite abit of reason to question his abilities.

But he also hasn't really heard of anything happening between the three, like, are they friends at all? they came to his home for a visit, but... Hell, even that was just a wreck. No thanks to his daughter, but thats to be expected. Did the three not want anything to do with one another on their free time? Were they just work friends? Comrades? After this war would they even stick together?

Man....

Thats a sobering thought...

But if thats what happens thats what happens. Not everyone could be like him and those two love birds in his old squad, old fart certainly gave him a scare though, poor Ayame...

"Hmm... Now where are these ladies? Maybe they finally ditched their sensei?"

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Sei shook her head. "This is Kuro. He's just a normal summons snake."

Kuro flicked his tongue angrily at her. Normal wasn't exactly a word he liked being applied to him. She ignored his annoyance.

"I'm kind of surprised Koma hasn't taught you summons yet. It was one of the first things he did for Yukari and me." Kuro nudged her chin. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the Hyuga approaching, taking her time. It was plain to see she hadn't fully recovered yet. Sei gave her a small wave but Yukari ignored her and leaned against the wall.

It's pretty cruel of Sensei to make her climb a mountain like that. She really shouldn't be pushing herself.

"Well," she picked up her bag, "I guess we should find Sensei." Sei waited for Misumi or Yukari to take the lead. It wasn't a position she wanted.

KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi was a little surprised that Kuro wasn't a yokai, but that didn't stop her from flashing the snake a smile. "I haven't been a part of the squad for very long. If having a summon is a mandatory thing, I guess Sensei wanted to make sure I was adjusted to the yokai stuff first," she replied. She began to think about what her summon could be. Maybe a fire spitting six tailed fox, or a flame yokai that resembled a Will-O-Wisp.

Sai's wave caught her attention and broke her train of thought. She looked over at Yukari and greeted her with a nod. "Right," she said, turning her attention to Sei's statement about finding their Sensei. "He's got to be around here somewhere."

Misumi took the lead and walked at a pace that Yukari could keep up with. When the group arrived at their Sensei's location, Misumi greeted him with a formal bow. "We're here like you requested, Sensei."

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Before him stood his three students, well, for the time anyways. He would be their superior he supposed in some amount of time, they would be conducting missions on their own with the knowledge and advantages he has gifted to them. Their mission would be a tough one largely on the fact he couldn't quite join them for it. Though with the strength they had it was without question that they could succeed.

And should they make it to a certain point, one issue of the journey could be easily solved.

If they make it that far...

Koma stood before the three and produced a scroll. "Today you will have a very simple task, knowing your potential, you will be able to complete this task with ease, should you be ready for it." he Tossed the scroll their way, before continuing. "Upon that scroll is a map, the point you need to reach has been marked down accordingly along with a path towards the mountain your target stands upon.

Your target is a yokai, they have knowledge of the bijuu and why the attack upon our new found enemy is so conveniently timed. He is a wise old coot and it grouchy on the best of days. How you all gain the information is up to you, you may find it easy, you may find it difficult, use whatever you need to to wring the information from him. You have a side objective to find a certain spring, partake the waters of it and you shall have an easier time heading up and down the rest of the mountain." he motioned abit towards Yukari. "You'll thank me later."

"With that said, the mountain's name is Kazeyama, you will have to head east for some time. Follow the trail on the map and you wont get lost. Once inside, do your best, but do not be afraid to turn back. Tengu are ornery at the best of days. Watch for other denizens of the mountain as well, if need be, use this." the man handed them another scroll, looking as if something was sealed inside it. "This should allow you to persuade them to leave you be.. or net you a strong friend... You know how yokai are at this point." the man sighed before looking the three over.

"...And try to have some sort of fun alright? Who knows, maybe you may be doing solo missions henceforth.." the man scratched his cheek abit before cutting to the chase. "Alright, if you have any more provisions you wish to grab, go ahead and do so. I wont be joining you on this journey as i have a mess here to deal with, think of it as me preparing this place for your safe return eh? Now then, I'm off to fix a mess or two. See you ladies in a week or so!" the man waved as he began walking off towards the village.

"And don't soak in that spring to long!"

Sei Teshima, Squad 5
Opening the scroll, Sei studied the map. If they stuck to the road, it wouldn't be too hard to find the spring; the biggest issue would be pace. They would only be able to go as fast as Yukari could walk unless they found some kind of transportation.

She looked at her teammates. No one had bothered to act as leader on this mission. Damn it. Sei sighed and put the map in her pouch. "So . . . uh, I guess we head out. Yukari, let us know when you need a break. We've got time so . . . there's no need to rush." She waited, expecting one of them to take the lead before realizing she'd stepped into that position. Dread washed through her. Leading a team was part of the job but Yukari was more of a leader than she was. "Uh," Sei shifted the straps on her bag and looked at the road ahead of them. "Shall we?" She turned and started down the road, listening for her teammate's behind her.

She was suddenly reminded of her first mission under Koma, her assigned teammates letting her walk into the yokai realm all on her own. The memory sent a shudder through her and she couldn't stop herself from glancing over her shoulder to make sure they were still there.

Kuro flicked his tongue, tickling her ear. "Aren't you forgetting ssomething?"

"Hmm?" It took only a second for her to remember. She spun around, walking backwards so she could still talk to Yukari and Misumi. "Oh, so, uh . . . I've expanded my collection of poisons. Some are pretty dangerous so," she pulled four small syringes from her pouch and held them out to her teammates. "I made these for you. They're basic antidotes just in case one of you are exposed to something. For the weaker poisons, it'll take care of most of the symptoms. For the more dangerous ones, it'll slow it down until I can give you a stronger treatment." She handed the antidotes out before turning back to the road. Hopefully they wouldn't have to use it but still . . .

KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Orikanyo Orikanyo

Yukari Hyuuga
Yukari frowned, "You're just sending us to this far away mountain alone? Forget we're in the middle of a war here?" The Hyuuga rubbed her eyes, getting to the mountain was going to be bad enough in her condition. They could only hope the Mist were still too busy with their own destroyed village to be out. But as usual, Koma didn't seem all that concerned and was leaving.

Rolling her eyes she started after Sei, frowning as her teammate looked back. "We haven't even left the village yet and you look like you're going to lose it..." Yukari muttered. "You really think I'm just going to ditch you like that?" her lip twitched as she suppressed a sneer, "Thanks for the vote of confidence." Sure, she was hurting and definitely not looking forward to the long walk ahead of them. But she wasn't just going to vanish on them. Not that her teammates seemed all that trusting.

Misumi made sense enough, only being with them a few weeks and not really doing any missions together. But Sei...

Yukari took the vial, stowing it in a pouch before moving on ahead. "If you're going to mess with more dangerous poisons, maybe you should learn some medical ninjutsu too?" A pained shrug, "But what do I know."

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi listened to what Koma said, but wasn't too keen on the idea of him leaving. It seemed to her that throwing students into the deep end was her sensei's teaching style. At least she wasn't alone. Hopefully they wouldn't run into something as powerful as a Mist jonin.

Misumi turned her attention to Sei and grabbed two of the antidote syringes. She was about to vocalize her thanks when Yukari gave her seemingly grumpy remarks. It was understandable; she hadn't fully healed yet and probably didn't want them to feel like she was slowing them down; sill...the ditching line hadn't sat well with her. "We don't doubt your loyalty, Yukari," Misumi replied. "We're just trying to look out for you. You aren't fully healed yet. We don't want to push you too hard. So until we make it to the spring, don't be afraid to say something if you need a break or some help. It's not always easy, but as a team it's out duty to support each other," she stated matter-of-factly.

"I'm ready to go when you two are."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Orikanyo Orikanyo

Narrator-chan's mission revisal corner~!

*confetti*

Now while originally our heros would have set out on a dangerous quest to find information from a likely dangerous source, it has been ruled that is a very, very, very long and drawn out idea that brings nothing towards the CHARACTERS, more just exposition thrown at you. Tossing that idea into the trash our glorious leader devised a new plan with the thoughts of the people actually doing the damn footwork! And thus the mission changed.

The objective?

Find the mystical healing spring and bring back two bottles(which are provided, their glass with a cork stopper, so be careful.), the mission shall still take them towards a mountain, a difficult challenge for the group with their current injured pale eyed friend limping along and will require aid throughout the endeavor.

Surprise jump cut
After some time, the trio had reached the main source of their trials and tribulations, the trail slowly becoming more inclined as they moved on down the path that the pace became quite slow as their third attempted her best to keep up. The surroundings soon changed from the heavily wooded paths to a more mountainous and rugged terrain, the sudden change in altitude only noticeable once they had fully cleared the immense forest that surrounded their home, the woods becoming smaller and smaller in the distance with each passing step. The map urging them on wards with promises of a journey soon passing the first hurdle.

Breaching the top of a moderately tall hill the group found their first stop, on the side of the pathway stood another shrine to what might be one of the local mountain gods, while not extremely well kept the shrine looked sturdy as it was largely made of stone, with only the wood of the offering box in front of it showing wear from time. While the path they walked upon continues on wards, the directions upon the map lead into the shrine and past a small archway created out of stone, inside would be their true path to the mystical spring.

On closer inspection the shrine held a small statue of a stone man carrying a mallet, but no spirit seemed to occupy the area. The area felt peaceful as the sun gently shone down upon the trio, the brisk breeze alleviating any sense of heat bringing the area to a light chilly temperature.

What do you wish to do?​

Yukari Hyuuga
At Misumi's little speech Yukari only clicked her tongue, electing not to say anything for the time being. Sure, she was in pain and by no means wanted anything to do with climbing the mountain. I'm nothing but a liability to them... A burden. The thought left her tightening her grip on the straps of her pack. Were they really any better than the clan?

Sei seemed to only turn up if Koma summoned them for a mission or whatever nonsense he wants to pull them into that day. Even then she didn't really seem to care about the mission at hand. Misumi certainly wasn't seeming to be any better. Not that she'd been around enough to really begin figuring her out.

The Hyuuga kept her gaze forward as she walked. Out of all of them, Sei was the only one that didn't help fight off the Swordsman. Out of all of them, Yukari was the only one to be injured. So why out of everyone involved was Hideki, from an entirely different squad, the only one to ever visit and see how she was healing!?

And they were the ones acting like she would just be a burden on this mission...

One long and incredibly shitty hike later...
She was not ready for a mission...

Well, she could probably handle something small, in the village or the local Yokai realms.

But a couple day hike to and up a mountain? No... Yukari wasn't anywhere near ready for this shit.

A thick silence seemed to dominate the group ever since they left the village, the Hyuuga preferring to keep any responses short and to the point. That wasn't to say they were rude, far from it. It was easily the most polite she'd ever been towards her teammates. Hikari showed up frequently as they went onwards, the Nekomata rubbing against or weaving through her summoner's legs.

Upon finally reaching the small shrine, Yukari stopped in front of it. Both to try and study the shrine to an unfamiliar spirit and to try and rest. The thinning air was far from helping matters. Damn that Swordsman... "I don't feel any spirits nearby," She quietly mused, taking off her pack as she knelt in front of the shrine. Well, there was Hikari... somewhere. Close enough to feel yet out of reach.

Probably lounging on a warm rock nearby.

Doesn't seem like anyone's visited lately either, Yukari silently added as she withdrew her water and a cloth. The offering box wasn't in the best shape, but there wasn't much she could do there. The dead leaves were cleaned out of it and the statue washed off. As coins lightly clattered into the box she found herself wondering why she was even bothering.

Because the guardian spirits were important.

Because they cared when someone remembered them and visited. It was needed, appreciated. Nona still bombarded her in thank yous and accidentally-too-tight hugs. Maybe that was why... She was just being selfish.

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi walked at the back of the group and stayed close to Yukari as they trekked toward the mountain. She silently helped her teammate when her aid was accepted and patiently watched when it wasn't.

Upon reaching the shrine, Misumi also stopped beside the shrine and eyed it over. She was close enough to Yukari to hear her comment about the visitor count. She did find it a little odd that the shrine's upkeep was a little lacking. With a spring of youth, or whatever, on the mountain she figured more people would try to take advantage of it. Either the magical spring was a well kept secret or not a lot of people respected this mountain god. Misumi sighed as she thought about the reality of the situation. If she had stumbled upon this place before knowing about the Yokai realm, she too probably would think the mountain god depicted was nothing more than a superstition.

"Since there are no hostile spirits around, I think we should use this opportunity to rest and get used to the thinner air," Misumi said to the group.

The Sarutobi girl pressed her hands together and politely bowed toward the statue. "Thank you for this place of rest," she reverently said to the statue. She then sat down and leaned her back against the entrance archway. She looked down the mountain path they had just climbed up, keeping a watchful eye for any surprise arrivals.

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Eyes downcast, Sei huffed up the mountain just a little ahead of her teammates. She preferred walking beside or even behind them but after Yukari's remarks, she didn't feel like she would be welcome back there. And even after they'd traveled long enough that it wouldn't have mattered, she felt somehow obligated to continue ahead of them. This is ridiculous.

Stopping by the shrine was a relief. She put her hands together and bowed her head, silently paying her respects before looking up at the trail before them. "The forest is nice," she said. Yukari was right, there didn't seem to be any spirits nearby. "Maybe they're closer to the spring." Pulling out the map, she scanned it, looking for the shrine along the thin line they were following. "It looks like . . . we're supposed to continue through here. . . Assuming Koma-sensei's map is accurate."

Sei realized she was just talking to fill space. Folding the map, she took her time creasing it before slipping it into a pocket.

Kuro stirred around her neck, waking from his nap. He poked his head up, testing the air with his tongue. "If you three are going to resst, i would like to ssun mysself a bit."

"Yeah, sure." Sei helped him to the ground where he gave her a stern look before slithering away to a sunny stone. Sei sighed. Of course, he was right. Looking from the path to the shrine to the trees around them, she struggled to come up with a conversation starter. "I wonder if the guardians will be nice like Lady Nona," she hesitated. "if they aren't . . . do we have a plan? Even a general one? I've been practicing some immobilizing jutsu but . . . I'm not sure how effective they'll be against a spirit."

Yukari Hyuuga
Yukari quietly tucked her things away, listening to her teammates. Misumi suggesting they rest there for awhile and Sei seemingly talking just to talk. She didn't seem one for silence then... not that she ever really bothered to look back or speak to them much during the trip so far. It was when she spoke up again that Yukari had to suppress a sneer and bite back any remarks.

I would have known you were working on a new jutsu if you ever actually visited. Or talked, or acted like a proper squadmate. Misumi was no better in that regard. Other than nearly setting Koma's shop on fire and carrying that damn fan around with her, Yukari still knew nothing about her.

Hikari gave a distasteful hiss as she climbed down from her perch behind them, padding over to the Hyuuga's side.

"I'd guess the scroll sensei gave us would help. Seems to be bottles of some kind sealed inside it."

Last edited:
Misumi Sarutobi
"Bottles?" Misumi asked aloud. She got up and began to inspect the scroll. After opening it she discovered two glass bottles with cork tops and a note from Koma. Judging from the note it looked like the squad was ditching the info gathering in favor of retrieving spring water. Misumi wondered how Koma put the note in the scroll, but summed it up to Yokai magic. She didn't dwell on it very long.

"Looks like the mission has changed. Sensei wants us to retrieve some of the spring water instead. Since there are two glass bottles and it looks like these are the only two we have, I think two of us should hold onto one each; that way if one of us has an accident, both glasses won't break." Misumi pocketed one of the bottles into her ninja tool pouch and left the other one out for Sei or Yukari to claim. She turned her attention back to the scroll and rolled it back up.

"How does the scroll work anyway?" she asked. "Is it a document a spirit is supposed to respect? Or once activated does it capture them?" Misumi was still new to the Yokai/spirits stuff. She hoped Sei or Yukari knew how the scroll worked; if they didn't, hopefully it would be easy to figure out in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:
Sei Teshima

"I'm not sure," Sei shifted, relieved Misumi didn't seem pissed at her. "Maybe it's just a formal introduction. I guess it'll depend on who's guarding the spring. And I think Yukari should take the bottle." She nodded to her other teammate. "You're most likely to get near the spring, assuming the spirit is willing to help us."

Whatever she'd done to offend Yukari, Sei hoped she'd be able to make it up to her. But what's the best way to do that? A light wind rustled through the trees. Sei looked around, waiting for a sign of danger but nothing happened. I'm still too paranoid. Shaking her head, she turned back to the conversation.

She nodded to Hikari. "Do you know who it is? You probably have more knowledge about this than we do." Sei offered the cat a small smile. "Or do you not come out this way too often?"

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Yukari Hyuuga
Yukari sighed, shaking her head, "It's just a jar of sake, nothing special." She unrolled the scroll, showing the pair the jar's outline in a sealing formula. The Hyuuga then shrugged, returning the scroll to her bag and taking the other empty bottle. Hikari walked past the group, looking up at the sturdy arch. "He was here recently, nyah. It would be a paw idea to anger him, his weapon isn't to be messed with."

Yukari winced as she stood back up, "Did he go through the gate, then?"

"Pawssibly..."

Sei Teshima

Sei studied the large gate. Odd. None of them could sense a spirit but if Hikari was to be believed, there was one close by. Could some of them mask their presence? She guessed it made sense, but it wasn't a comforting thought. She shifted. "I guess .. . We should get going. It'd be rude to keep him waiting." Glancing around, she spotted Kuro sunning himself on a rock.

"Go on," he flicked the end of his tail at her, "if you need me, you can alwayss ssummon me."

Sighing, Sei adjusted her pack before offering a hand to Yukari to help her up. "You'll be back to your full strength pretty soon. . ."

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Misumi Sarutobi
Misumi looked a little disappointed after learning that the scroll Koma gave them just had a bottle of sake. She was expecting something a bit more mystical. Hopefully the god of the mountain, or whatever powerful spirit that had passed through recently, liked sake. She didn't want to imagine what would happen if he didn't; judging by the way he was described, he wasn't the type of entity you wanted to anger.

Misumi stood up after Sei mentioned getting moving again and walked over to the gate. She waited for her teammates before walking through.

Last edited:
Getting down to business!
With the group moving forwards into the gate, as they might expect the scenery does indeed change, the bright and sunny day they had been accustom to had turned cloud and uncertain, the sky above them riddled with thunder clouds that seem to spark and exchange lightning as they hang ominously above. In the distance, you can see a singular mountain, ominous and imposing, with a red sun stalwart in it's position on the horizon, painting the world a deep crimson throughout the land and making the mountain a dark silhouette.

As your eyes turned to the immediate situation, you see a road towards the mountain, a winding road with various very tall metal pillars dotting it's sides, some looked to be broken in what could've been one to many strikes from above, or perhaps something else in this foreboding place.

the group's ears almost pop from the sound of it, a loud crack from above as lightning struck down with immense force upon the pillar nearby that watched over your entry, the immense metal structure taking the blood and turning almost pure white from the heat, but the group experiences not a shock from down below as the pillar's top absorbed the sky's mighty blow.

Opposite to the pillar, was a stone with words written upon it.

"Upon the back's of giants, race to victory."

Lightning resounded in the distance, striking another pillar down the road, as another strike hit clear into the road, causing another scorched pok mark down it's length from areas where the great pillars lay broken.

Leave it to sensei, to not tell you the full situation, or perhaps he knew you could deal with this?

Sei Teshima

Shuddering, Sei stepped closer to her teammates. Storms usually didn't bother her but this one . . . super natual storms seemed more threatening than a normal one. "Reminds me of when the village was attacked."

The message didn't help her feel any better. "So . . . giants. The guardians are giants." Great.

She nodded towards the mountain. "Now how to get there without getting fried."

Another strike along the road. The stone cracked and sizzled from the impact. Sei swallowed. Walking there seemed out of the question and she didn't trust this world enough to step off the path. So what other options did they have?

She studied the placement of the pillars. Maybe they could run from one to another? Lightning was supposed to strike the tallest thing around, right? "Any ideas? I mean . . . We could duck and dodge for cover but . . ." She glanced at Yukari. Would she be able to make it between the pillars? "Maybe we could take turns carrying you. It might be safer that way."

KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Misumi Sarutobi
After entering the gate, Misumi flinched at the first crack of thunder. She hadn't really been expecting the drastic change in scenery. She glanced around the area as she began to adjust to the scenery. The mountain and the repetitive lighting strikes looked a little imposing. Judging by what little info their sensei gave them, she thought they just had to climb the mountain to reach the spring. Now she realized why it didn't seem like the healing spring was common knowledge back home.

Misumi briefly wondered why her sensei forgot to mention this. Maybe he forgot to, didn't want to scare them before the mission, or just thought that they could handle it. Misumi would have liked a little word of warning before hand, at least she could have mentally prepared before hand. Maybe she should have a chat with her sensei after this whole ordeal. Let him know that his throwing-into-the-deep-end style wasn't going to scare her away. She was a part of Squad 5 now, the only way she'd leave it is if she died. She wouldn't be much of a future Anbu warrior if she couldn't deal with the situations that get thrusted upon her.

She covered her ears as thunder rang out above them and looked relieved as she realized that the metal overhead had kept them from getting zapped.

"That's a good idea," Misumi told Sei. "Would you feel more comfortable if Sei carried you first?" she asked Yukari. Misumi hoped that she knew that, as her teammate, she wouldn't purposely drop her, but she also realized the Sei and Yukari had been teammates longer, making it more likely for a stronger bond between the two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread