• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Splatoon RP, Anyone?

Arinemone

A Tired Veteran Weeb™
So I know i already have a Partner Search thread going around, but after some plotting and a long few hours spent playing my Switch, i've suddenly found an intense craving for a Splatoon thread or two. If you want to know more about me as a roleplayer/general expectations, you can look here for more info, but there is a specific req i'm looking for if you want to rp this with me;
  • I ask, very kindly, that you know a decent amount of information about the Game/Franchise before asking to plot. While normally i don't mind going over a few things, to go over both games and then to go over the minutiae of every little thing is, well, a bit much. I can only explain so much before things start getting confusing, and id rather play with someone who has a decent idea of what they're getting into-- especially since a lot of the stuff we rp outside of turf war/ranked mode/salmon run is probably going to be based on a lot of headcanon and personal plotting between us. (Now obviously if we've already have a plot in store and you don't know much about the game, our plotting/what we talked about still stands and we're still gonna do it). If your'e interested in the plots and want to look more into what Splatoon is, here's the wiki for the first game and the second game. Those should get you up to date with everything you need to know, and if you're not interested in the more story mode-related plots, all you'll need to look at is the wiki for the second game, since that's where all the plots/ideas take place.
  • And as a sidenote, all of these plots take place WITHIN the world of Splatoon. So yes, we'd be playing as inklings/octolings/etc.

Now without further ado, the juicy stuff!
(Bold roles are the roles that i'd prefer to play. Anything marked with a ❤︎ means that i'd prefer a romance sub-plot between the mains; Anything not marked with one means that it's not much of a concern, but i'm still open to it (Also, anything not marked with a romance sub plot, whatever gender you decide to play doesn't matter to me))

Experienced/Ex-Player (Muse A) x New Player (muse B)
Muse A is an Experienced and high-ranking Turf War player from back in the Inkopolis Plaza days. She's a jack-of-all-trades player with a championship title under her teams belt, and feels like she's on top of the world. But then things start to go downhill when she starts to loose a long streak of solo games, and even ranked matches. Her rank goes down the drain, her team doesn't qualify for the last tournament before the big hub switch, and even her own team starts to disperse due to medical issues and personal reasons. And to top it all off- nowadays she doesn't see the enjoyment in the game anymore, and feels like she's playing the sport just to get some quick cash and float along, not for any sort of enjoyment. She's lost that spark.

Then came the switch to Inkopolis Square.

Everything's different from before-- All the previous specials have been replaced, there are new weapons, new sub-weapons, new maps, new TV Idols, new clothing and new stores with new shop owners-- even Crusty Sean is new and improved from before, moving on from selling shoes to driving his own food truck and selling food. The transition didn't happen over night, but it did happen rather quickly, and Muse A has come to the decision that maybe she should head into this new turf war scene as a new person, too. So she clears her previous profile from all records, re-enters under a new name, changes her whole look, and jumps into this new world of turf war with hopeful eyes and a optimistic outlook.

On day one, she runs into a match with Muse B-- who enthusiastic, sure, but not all that great with their weapon of choice. But while playing with them, she sees an excitement and drive she hasn't seen in herself since... well, back before everything went downhill. It's not long before the two meet each other outside of the turf war lobby, and a partnership begins to form between the two players-- but before that, Muse A need to teach Muse B the basics of the sport, while at the same time becoming accustomed to the new adjustments herself.
Agent 3 (Muse A) x Agent 4 (Muse B) (It's a slight AU to the Splat2 Story mode)
It's been 2 years since Agent 3 gave DJ Octavio the 1-2 beating he deserved and returned the Great Zapfish to Inkopolis Plaza. Now in Inkopolis Square the zapfish has gone missing once again-- along with the well beloved squid sister, Callie. Marie, the other Squid sister/Agent-In-Disguise, has taken the place of her Grandfather and recruits Muse B to be the next Agent of the Squidbeak Splatoon, Agent 4. In the beginning, there was nothing Agent 4 couldn't handle, despite their young-seeming age, they were very skilled at the job and cleared the first handful of missions without a problem. Unbeknownst to Agent 4, Muse A gets a message from Marie that she has a bad feeling about all of this, and requests her assistance with dealing with Octavio a second time around.

Agent three is just about to finish off the second Boss Kettle when their ambushed by some top ranking octolings. Finding no other way out, Agent 4 attempts to fight them off and avoid capture for as long they can. As Agent 4 becomes weary with exhaust, and seen themselves getting backed up into a corner of no return, it's agent 3 who ends up riding a grind rail to the rescue (Having received a call from Marie, who hadn't heard from Agent 4 since they went down into the boss kettle), and with her help the two manage to escape with their lives still intact, but not without a few hiccups along the way.

Back in Tentakeel Outpost, Marie and Cap n' Cuttlefish agree that it's best if Agent 4 and Agent 3 work together from now on to get the fish, in case another ambush like this happens again. It's better to work in numbers rather than to go on in alone. Agent 3 begrudgingly agrees, despite her disagreements and beginnings of dislike for agent 4. Meanwhile, agent 4 wants nothing to do with this partnership. They insist that they don't need help, and that they'll be more careful when scoping out the zapfish, but neither Marie nor Cuttlefish can fully agree to it. This hadn't been the first ambush-- though it certainty was the most dangerous one so far-- and they know it wont be the last. So with a 3-1 vote Agent 3 and Agent 4 are paired up together, for better or worse, and now head out to the last 3 maps in search of Callie, and the remaning zapfish. Will they end up getting along? Or is it all downhill from here?
Rival (Muse A) x Rival (Muse B) ❤︎ (WHEEZES IM REALLY DOWN FOR THIS PLOT)
Muse A and Muse B have been fierce rivals since day one of their turf war careers. They vaguely knew eachother growing up, and have had a friendly rivalry since they were young. But with Muse A being a quick-footed, aggressive player who acts before she thinks, and Muse B being a calculating, sharp shooting Sniper who's hard to find/hard to counter, their heated turf war rivalry was only destined to blossom. But as these two start to be forced together-- whether its through salmon run shifts, being forced on the same team in random battles, or finding out that they both picked the same side for the splatfest that month-- they ends up realizing maybe they work together better as a team. In the beginning their different personalities and past hangups are too strong to let them work together properly, and it doesn't look like these two will ever be able to be on the same team without wanting to tear eachothers tentacles out.

But during the final splatfest of the year, Muse B hears that Muse A has been wrongfully kicked out of her apartment and has to move out within the week. Panicked and with nowhere to go, Muse B offers to let Muse A stay with him while she looks for a new apartment, and now the two rivals end up intertwined in each-others lives much more than anticipated. Now being able to see one another in a way that one doesn't see in the battlefield, could a possible friendship-- or even more-- start to develop? Or will living under one roof lead them to hating eachother even more?​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back