• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Splatoon: Echoes from the Deep (RP Thread)

Morzone

The Known Stranger
Another Beautiful Day in Inkopolis!
The weather over inkopolis square was perfect. Barely a cloud in the sky. Inklings and octolings chatted and gossipped, comparing new weapons and their freshest new clothes. The lobby for turf wars and rank battles was as packed as ever. But today wasn't quite as perfect as it may appear. Among all the business, one corner of the square stood almost empty: The Salmon Run shop. It was no mystery why, either, despite being open on such a busy day.

The recent events had been all over the news. Strange radioactive looking octolings with mad blue eyes had been washing up on the salmon run spots and attacking any inkling, octoling, or salmonoid that came near them. To make matters worse, some of the more recent attacks had sent inklings to the hospital. In a surveillance clip now gone viral on the news, one of the strange octolings had gotten hold of one of the inking's weapons and attacked them with it. Their ink had been a radioactive blue-green like their tentacles, and seemed to be almost acid-like, causing extreme pain to anyone attacked with it.

Now, everyone avoided salmon run. Well, almost everyone. A single inkling was sitting in front of the store, anxiously watching the time on his phone. His name was Jason, and he was Agent 3 of the New Squidbeak Platoon.

'This place is more deserted than I expected. We're going to have trouble finding a 4th member for the salmon run I expect. I knew I should have convinced Callie or Marie to come in disguise. I hope 8 and 4 get here soon.' Jason thought to himself, scanning the crowd for his fellow agents. Marina had finally been able to get some fore-warning on some incoming sanitized octolings and the agents had been put on a mission to clear them out before more civilians were hurt. If they were lucky, they might find a clue as to why these sanitized octolings were leaving the metro. The thought of the metro made Jason shiver despite the warmth of the day. Without realizing it, he was scratching at the side of his head as though tryong to force off some sticky goo that wasn't there.

On the other side of Inkopolis square, Ciel the octoling excitedly chomped into a deep-fried Shwaffle from the Crust bucket truck.

"Its SO GOOOOOD! Great Zapfish I'm in heaven!" She squealed, relishing in her favorite food. try as she might to slow down and savor the flavor, Ciel ate her way through her shwaffle before she knew it. "Time for an encore!" Ciel rushed back up to the food truck, ready to buy a sweet drink to follow her meal.

"ha ha, I'm flattered! But I think you better check your wallet Ciel, you're out of money!" Crusty Sean said, stopping Ciel dead in her tracks. No money?? had she really spent it all on food already? Oh man she could already imagine what her sisters were going to say.

"Well, it was money well spent, I say." She huffed, turning away from Sean and the food truck. Getting more money surely couldn't be too hard. Turf war got her a little, but it was always so busy and noisy in the lobby. If she was going to deal with all that she'd rather spectate one of the high rank matches. Those were always worth the hassle. As she pondered her options, the nearly-empty salmon run shop caught her eye. She'd always heard salmon run paid well if you met quotas. Today would be as good a day as any to try it out.

Mochizuki Mochizuki Bloody_Death Bloody_Death (We're Live :D)

Today was more or less a normal day in Inkopolis. The plaza was bustling per usual. The lobby and shops were filled with excited and chatty inkling's and Octolings. This was very much Valentine's. So to see the salmon run corner basically as a ghost town was quite unsettling. He, of course, heard about the sanitized Octolings showing up. And unlike his fellow agents, he can't say he's ever had the pleasure of having to fight one. But that was about to change today. And he can't say he's looking to forward to it.

Knowing how unpopular Salmon run had been since people have been sent to the hospital, he could have guessed that finding a full crew was gonna be tough. So he had tried asking around the plaza earlier. Since he wasn't going to even think about asking one of his friends to come to a dangerous place. But of course, no one was willing to come. Saying it wasn't worth it. Oh well. Maybe they'd get lucky. Or have to wait hours. Either way this was going to be a pain. He soon arrived at the empty part of the plaza. Spotting 3 from a mile away. As he was the only one there. With his hands in his pockets he jogged up to Jason. Offering him a small nod of acknowledgment. Glancing around and inside for any sign of 8 or a possible 4th member.

"No one else, huh? Greattt..." He sighed while crossing his arms. "Who knows. The hardest part of this might just be finding a fourth person so that we'll even be allowed to head there." He pointed out while leaning against the wall. After a few moments of glancing at 3 and looking around he finally spoke what was on his mind. "So, how do those sanitize octolings usually act? Do you think they'll talk if we manage to capture one?" That'd be the easiest way to get information after all. "I wonder if Octavio even knows this is happening to other octarians." He really wanted to think that Octavio had a least a little bit of humanity, and caring about the people he's supposed to be leading. Or at least wanting to stop what's happening to them. But he wouldn't put it past him to not care even if he does know.

Morzone Morzone Mochizuki Mochizuki

Agent 4, or Valentine, was the first to arrive. Agent 3 couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the similarity of Valentine's words to his thoughts. He appreciated the his fellow agent's attentiveness at least, even if it was followed up with a barrage of questions. he glanced around to make sure no one else was coming up who might overhear before responding.

"I spent most of my time in the underground sneaking around and staying out of sight as much as possible. The main facilities were usually too busy to allow me a chance for a closer look." he explained, pausing to try and remember all the details before he'd had to blow his cover to save the capn and agent 8. "The sanitized octolings were... strange. Like living robots, they followed orders in a way Octavio's mind control never could compare with. On the few times I saw some without orders from the AI, they just sat on the ground like zombies. Alive yet completely without thought or motivation. It makes these recent attacks all the more strange, they should have been neutralized when that phone what was controlling them was destroyed." He shook his head, not sure what to think. He scratched at the side of his head without realizing it.

Before Agent 3 could continue, an octoling nervously walked up to the two inklings.

"Excuse me... Are you two waiting to do a Salmon Run? Could I join you? I'm short on cash and really need to do some work, but like, no one else seems to be here for some reason so I was wondering maybe if you two were planning to and maybe needed another person?"
Ciel spoke all this very quickly in a single breath. Talking to strangers for the first time always made her nervous, especially to these two very serious looking inklings. She had a feeling she'd seen the one with the visor before, had they been in a magazine at one point? Something about X rank players stirred in her memory, but she couldn't quite place him.

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death Mochizuki Mochizuki

The night prior

Her breathing stilled as she exhaled calming every cell in her body, her eye trained on her target like a beast ready to hunt it’s prey.
Suddenly she applied tension to the trigger and the shot moved across the air with quickening speed finding its mark against the opposite teams member right along the cheek as they fell. Reis shouldered her splattershot and began moving from the platform she had been perched on. The opposing team started focusing on her as they tried to regain the ground her own team had covered literally with their color. She had been holding them back with her sniper fire so they could not take back the ground they had lost. Green ink splattered all around her as she slid off the platform free-falling towards the floor below. Reacting quickly she drew her splattershot and fired four rounds in quick succession each landing further from one another. She then transformed and dove into the first small puddle. Spinning as she exited she fired a shot midair taking down one and quickly retreated into the next puddle before attempting to use the same tactic again but upon exiting she was met with a roller and was unfortunately splatted.
The match ended shortly after but her team had won the turf war. Everyone congratulated one another and after some time she exited into the plaza on her way home. Once inside she sighed happily, she always loved a great match but wished she had pulled off another KO with that technique she had been using.
After dinner and a “shower” Reis headed to bed. Her alarm clock clanged loudly as she sat up sleep heavy in her eyes and her hair a mess.
“Oh no, I’m late for work!!”
She cried as she fumbled out of bed and rushed to make it to the cafe in time for the remainder of her shift.
“Take care Reis, and great work today”
“Bye, I will see y’all next week”
Reis exclaimed whilst waving from outside the cafe she worked at before turning and beginning her trek towards her apartment complex. Luckily her boss was not too upset she was late but he had scolded her a bit and she had to clean the restrooms which she visibly shuddered at the thought of reliving ever again. She had her music blasting in her headphones bobbing her head to the beat.
As she passed by the plaza her eyes were glued to the large screen playing yesterdays turf wars. She blushed seeing her name and picture as a spotlight for A ranking players with a video clip of her match last night and her final moments after some shots of her skills. The inkling tried to hide her face and sneak away before anyone tried to confront her or congratulate her. She continued her pace until her footfalls finally had her standing before the Salmon run corner. Among herself were three others. It seemed as if one octoling was trying to join the other two on a salmon run expedition. Suddenly the thought that this was a perfect way to earn some funds for her sisters birthday coming up and hone her skills with more practice.
Reis stepped up and cleared her throat calmly before introducing herself.

“My name is Reis, and it looks as though you guys were one short for a salmon run. I would love to join if you would let me?”

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death
Morzone Morzone

Valentine kept his arms crossed as he listened to Jason talk about his experience in the metro and what he's seen from the sanitized. And honestly it was like they were actually zombies. What did that strange ink do to their minds? Were they able to come back down that? Or were they actually just zombies? Since they seem to attack anything that isn't sanitized like them. Ugh. He never liked the idea of zombies. To be dead but not fully dead. It creeped him out.

"Could it be possible that someone else took control after that phone or whatever died?" That seemed to make the most sense. Unless the ink is making them go berserk now they there isn't something telling them what to do. He gave a small sigh, but soon looked up when another octoling approached. Blinking a bit when everything was said super quickly but soon pushed himself off the wall and nodded.

"Yo, we actually do need one more person so this is perfect. Feel free to tag along. We were just waiting for another buddy of ours. But they seem to be running late." That was easier than he thought! They had another member so all they had to do was wait for eight. Or- that was until another inkling showed up. They had four right now...would it be fine to work one shift without eight? He turned towards Jason and raised a brow. As if you ask if it was okay to let them both join. He personally was a bit on the edge. It didn't seem like these two knew about the possible sanitized octolings that could show up. Though he was pretty confident he and Jason could make sure no one gets seriously injured. And who knows! Maybe these two would be really good and hold their own!

Interactions: Morzone Morzone VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

The funniest part about Inkopolis was the ports. They were always so full of boats going in and out, cargo going everywhere, a lot of yelling and mechanical whirring. Pretty bland to everyone else, but funny to him because of the absolute ignorance of most of the sailors. The lot of them never paid attention to the smaller ships. Little fishing boats or the egocentric with sailboats. And then there's him, pulling up to the eastern docks close to the craters. A motorized ski boat that he bought from a snarky crab for a couple of gold pieces because the guy said the engine didn't work. One day and a favor later, and Spy's got himself a rickety ride to Inkpolis across the sea.

He'd rather take his motorcycle, but he crashed the thing into a wall. He was fine, but it was totaled. A little misjudgement on his behalf! He thought there was a turn, then BLAM! Absolutely toast! Maybe he should listen to Cam when she keeps telling him that he shouldn't be driving... Eh- he can drive if he wants! Especially on the open water, where it's real easy to see what's ahead of him. Even in broad daylight, surprisingly!

He pulls up to an empty spot, kicking the old engine to get it to quit before hopping onto the docks. He's just done up in some casual clothes plus a bag draped across his back. It doesn't have a lot, save for some gold, his notebook, a pocket knife, and a Splattershot Jr. Will he get into sudden backalley fights? Probably not, but he's not risking it!

Nobody on the western docks really questions his existence as they go about their legal and/or illegal business - and he doesn't talk to them either. Getting to a decently open area, he quickly transforms and shoots himself into the sky. Here's another thing his sometimes-caring partner in crime worries about. He's really good about jumping into the air. It's just coming down that he has problems with. But he's jumped around the city PLENTY of times! Should be fine!

BLAM

Smacked right into pavement, he did. At least it wasn't a building this time? Though he's got a killer headache. He transforms and holds his head for a second, making sure his shades and intact and on his face. Yup. Still there - cool. He can hear the crowd around him so he quickly gets up. He's gotta look fresh, after all - and oh my Cod the world's just a tiny bit more dizzy than before!

He steadies himself pretty quickly, though, and tries to get his bearings. This is.. well, not where he wanted to land. There was a giant tower before him with what he could assume were billboards and advertisements. And the smell of body-destroying yet devilfish-ly sweet food hit him harder than the ground. He absolutely knows where he's at.

Inkopolis Square.

...or was it the Plaza?

Eh, details, schmetails. He's hungry. Not why he crossed the sea, but he's hungry and hasn't tried that food truck in ages. Eons, perhaps. Centuries! Whichever one was bigger. Twisting his pack, he fumbled around trying to look for his coin pouch. If he remembers correctly, he should have enough to get him one of those waffle thingies. And his pouch should be.. there? Or, eh, was it in that one? He couldn't find his stash of cash. Rather, he ended up finding a hole. Oh, dratz, he KNEW that patch wouldn't stay on forever! A little bit hurried, he tried to see if maybe it was just misplaced, but no... he's not an idiot. His coin pouch probably landed on some lucky idiot's head.

Time to get some cash then. He didn't have his gear, and he heard stories of the Square or Plaza or whichever one was popular nowadays. You could get decent gold from doing matches. Looking back towards what he assumes is where he has to go, he starts walking towards it. Though, a shady and quite frankly awful sign catches his attention to his left. He can't read it, but as the guys always say, "The shadiest places give the best gold!".

How bad can it be? He takes a left and starts heading up the ramp, looking at this-that-and whatever he can to get some idea of the place and what he'd be doing. He'll just do a bit to grab him a little snack, then he'll be on his way. Place smelled straight up rancid and the decorations (??? He hoped they were???) looked right up his aesthetic alley. This should be easy!

Spotting a group of strangers nearby, Spy pockets his hands in his hoodie's pocket and decides to approach. They looked like they were from the area and knew what this place was. Jackpot!

"Ayo!" Spy gave a half hearted wave as he approched. Thank Cod that headache from earlier was already wearing off, "Folks! Got a slick o' an idea what this place is?"

With his waving hand, Spy curled his fingers and used his thumb to gesture to the open abyss that was the sketchy place. He didn't register his accent at first, though switched it when it hit him. Right. He was used to how things were back home.

"Ahem. Anyway. That place, what do I gotta do and what does it pay?"

To see the sunrise
Dazzling in hopefulness
Brings me peace

He tore out the page and stuck it to his corkboard. He always started and ended his day with a poem - it helped ease his mind. Made him feel grounded and safe. He only put the more hopeful ones on the corkboard, though, so he could see them whenever he woke up. His apartment wasn't that big after all. In fact, his bed was right next to his small workspace. Two windows with handmade curtains cover them and a wastebasket full of scribbles and forcefully forgotten memories sits between the bed and window wall. He's got a pretty nice couch and coffee table, and his bathroom is small but basic. Same for his kitchen, with both connecting to the studio part of his place. He stands up and stretches, yawning a bit as he opens both of his blinds. The sun hasn't even come up yet. He usually climbs out of his window, onto the roof of his crumbling building, to watch the sun rise every morning. It's the least he can do for the ones submerged in blue.

Nevermind that, though. He makes sure his workspace is clean - his floor is clean, his couch is clean, bed is made, Octoshot underneath is fully taken apart, scrubbed,
sanitized, and left to rot - before putting on his usual clothes. He makes sure to not look in his bathroom mirror as he goes about getting dressed and ready. It's methodical and he usually does it quickly to beat the sunrise so he could watch it. He will see it when he leaves, though, for he's got a plan today.

A part of him wanted to drown the Agent. Forget everything and everyone, leave it all be and become something new. But that would mean forgoing everything that happened. He couldn't bear to spit on his enemy's sins and call them nothing by leaving them be. So, he took up the mantle despite his fear. And then he waited in silence. There was nothing for him to do. He couldn't stop another world-ending calamity or fix society's surprisingly many problems overnight. All they told him was to just enjoy life, because he deserved it, but it felt like he was sitting by doing nothing! He wouldn't say that to any of them directly, though. He doesn't want to upset anybody.

So, he filled his time with Salmon Runs. They paid decently and he found out he was good at it. Sure, he could do the ever-popular Turf War things, but he didn't feel comfortable fighting against other Inklings or Octolings - especially Octolings - even in a carefree setting. Especially after he found out what the "Ranked" modes were, and the maps that they were played on. Extremely similar to the few memories he has. Those that he's thrown in the bin and considered burning if it wasn't a very obvious fire hazard. Also he's not too sure he can properly handle a fire. Could he properly handle a fire? Now that he thinks about it.. he's never seen a fire before. He knows about it because he read in a textbook what a fire was and saw someone smoking at one point and wondered "Oh, what is that?"

He's going to be late.

He makes sure he has everything in a slung bag before shoving on his shoes, grabbing his keys, and leaving. He's not too confident in super-jumping around the city (he did once and ended up in a waste management field, and not only did it smell awful but he was lost for several hours), so he elects to take public transportation. That is an entirely different metaphorical can of worms, as he's heard others say - though, really, who is putting worms in cans? Oh, what kind of worms? What would a worm taste like in a dish? Now that is a much more preferable line of thinking! Thankfully, the crowds of usual city go-ers haven't woken up yet. The train stations (the above ground ones, he can't use the underground subways yet, but again, he refuses to tell anybody why) were pretty clear of others. He especially liked the station near his apartment, because it went higher than the surrounding buildings. One morning, he had actually come here to see the sunlight, but had almost been arrested when he climbed on top of the train. Granted, they were correct when they said it was dangerous. But he's a very careful guy! He was very much safe.

Scanning his train pass, Eight walked to the station's platform and waited for his train alongside some other sea folk. His train came and he hopped on, letting his bag sit next to him on a bench as he got up on his knees to watch the morning sun. He would probably be early to the meeting... ah, but he refuses to miss the moment. Even though he has to blink because of his contacts and the fact you're not supposed to stare directly at the sun. He found that one out very quickly, no need for a textbook! He still did it as much as he could anyway. Even as buildings started to grow taller and taller, cutting his view, he still watched the sun rise.

After awhile, he saw his apartment building again.

WAIT.

HE FORGOT TO GET OFF.

Eight quickly turned around, grabbing his back and looking around as if he commited treason. He went around the entire city! Thankfully he knew he'd be taking the train a lot and bought (what he thought the Inklish text said, anyway) a train pass so he could go anywhere without being paid too much based on distance and what not - but still! Now he really will be late! He's got a poor perception of time, but he's not completely helpless in the matter. It took around 30 minutes to get from his home station to the one closest to the Square, and if he went around the entire city-

The bus was started to get full of the usual crowd, too. Soon enough, the train was packed, and Eight found out very quickly he did not like it. It was awful to be squeezed in like a bunch of fish! Or that metaphorical can of worms! He had to listen for when the bus let off and quickly leave. The first station he could, he immediately tried his best to get off. It was like a sea of fish - or, well, no, it was a sea of fish. All going and getting and moving in several directions at once. He's usually pretty good at understand what's happening, but this is confusing him! At least he made it off the train and to the side, sitting on a bench to compose himself before trying to figure out which station he actually got off at. It wasn't difficult to find a sign with a giant dot on it. He assumes that's where he was... it wasn't too far from the Square. So he leaves the station and starts to head.. where he thinks the Square is, based on the map.

And he was supposed to meet up early with the other Agents today. News was coming out about sickly Octolings appearing during Salmon Runs. He did them quite frequently for money and heard the stories from others, yet every run he went on there wasn't one to be found. Perhaps it was because whenever he went out, there were mounds of Salmonids? Too many to process - so many that they climbed over each other trying to get at them! Quite horrifying the first time he experienced it, though he has much greater fuel for his nightmares. As he quickly rushed through the streets, though, he couldn't hide the smile on his face. They're doing something. While he prefered that it had no connection to his past period, he can't deny the soothing relief of being able to do something. Like an itch that he's finally been able to scratch.

He was a wheezing mess by the time he made it to the Square, immediately spotting his allies.. as well as a small gathering of others, in all honesty. He approched one of them from behind, leaning just past to insert himself into the little circle. He huffs as he raises a hand.

"Sorry, train long, I am," His Inklish wasn't the best, but it was getting there!

The one he appeared behind, though, jumped with a yelp.

"AYE- Dude! Don't sneak up on people!" Spy grimanced at the new guy, who just looked at him.

"Oh- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

" 'S cool dude. Didn't even hear you..." That guy was speaking formal Octarian.. Ew, gross. He hates the language, but speaks it back. Guy's Inklish sounded choppy, so he'd throw him a bone this time.

"Eight, finally. I was worried you were never going to show up!" Jason laughed, waving agent 8 over to himself and agent 4. He kept his tone light-hearted so as to appear as though this was nothing more than a group of friends doing some salmon run together. Though Jason would happily have chewed 8 out for being late to a mission he was so centrally important for, he knew keeping their identities secret took priority.

He turned to the three others who had come up while they had been waiting, two octolings and an inkling, "Well the three of us were planning to do this together," he motioned to himself, Valentine, and Eight, "I don't mind who joins us as the 4th, but we really need to get a move on so-" "YOU CAN ALL COME" a loud, radio-static filled voice interrupted him. It was the own of Grizz Co. Mr. Grizz. The talking statue shook as it shouted at them from inside the shop, "SO MANY COMPLAINTS, AS THOUGH WORKER SAFETY IS SUDDENLY IMPORTANT. FOR NOW GRIZZ CO. WILL SEND OUT LARGER TEAMS FOR 'SAFETY IN NUMBERS' SO ALL OF YOU GET IN HERE AND GEAR UP TO GET ME MY EGGS!"

"Hooray! Let's earn some money everyone!" Ciel let out a cheer and lead the way into the facility. Jason gave his fellow agents a glance, worried about keeping their mission secret with 3 other civilians working with them. There was no time to discuss it however, Grizz kept talking over them and pushing them to get ready and get out to the transport ship as fast as possible.

Soon enough all 6 of them were on the Grizz Co. workboat, sailing out toward The Spawning Grounds for their shift. Jason tried hard to look relaxed, keeping a cool upbeat expression, but he couldn't help but keep checking his watch to see if they were going to arrive before the sanitized octolings would.

Ciel meanwhile took an opportunity to talk to Agent 4. "Hey- um- oh man this is awkward but are you maybe Valentine the X rank player?" She looked as though she was fighting to contain her excitement, having finally remembered where she thought she'd seen the inkling before. There had been an article in the popular turf-war magazine 'Turf'd Up' that had talked about an inkling that had raised his ranked level at insane speeds then disappeared, only to reappear shortly to jump his rank up again when X rank had made its debut.

peppermintTea peppermintTea Bloody_Death Bloody_Death VeiledPariah VeiledPariah (Sorry for the delay, my notifications seemed to not be alerting me for this thread for some reason)

Eight wanted to object to so many people coming with - after all, it was super dangerous - but at the same time... He's heard from other "Profreshional" rankers that difficulty is based on rank? And it didn't matter if newbies came or not, the scent of a "Profreshional" player was enough to cause the Salmonids to go wild. He didn't think much of it (he showered often and brought hygiene products to refresh himself inbetween every shift!) but there was some truth to it. Those poor newbies that got stuck with him when the Glowflies came...

He sat near the bow of the ship, twiddling his thumbs as he wondered. He'll just have to be good enough to fight off the masses! Oh- what weapons would they be using? And what is everyone good with? He knows, vaguely, what the other two Agents are good with, but what about everyone else? Ah- there was so many things to think about and they're not even going on a normal run! How would they react? How would the three they're with react? Oh, he really should've spoken up before they got on the boat! This was already heading down a bad route! A very, very bad route indeed!

He turns to the conversation near him. It was Inklish, but he could take some things out. Rank, X, "Valentine" (Sounded like a name, though sometimes he got the two confused)... Wasn't that a Turf thing? It was something to focus on, though. They were speaking and he didn't want to interrupt, however, so he instead spotted the closest newbie near him and decided to walk over, nervously. He'd talk to that Octoling, but they're.. oh, they're gnawing at the stem. What. Actually, he's going to avoid them until they get to shore. That's something his overfried brain isn't ready to process.

"Excuse me," Eight awkwardly approched the pink-colored Inkling. Ah, his favorite color! It always made him warm inside, "Er- You.. weapon? Skill? Other help?"

...He's trying his best!

Spy was, as the other Octoling saw, chewing on the end of the bow's rim. He's got his hands gripping the sides in a death grip formation and his knees bent. He's not JUST eating it for the metal, though. On the edge of the boat is hard twine. He's trying to gnaw it off, cus his hands wasn't doing the job. Why does he need to cut the hard twine on the edge of the boat? See, back home, he uses everything he's got. Decorations don't exist (though he does decorate his space, everything has a purpose and he won't hesitate to take it down if needed). This hard twine on the edge of the boat - to his knowledge - is JUST decoration. Half makes him mad and half gives him ideas. He doubts everything's going to go TOO poorly, considering there's 6 of them, but precautions are precautions! Cam would absolutely gnaw at the boat to get the hard twine and use it for something. So he's following in her footsteps, or rather, presumed footsteps. Presumed gnawing tactics.

Does he have any ideas for the twine? Absolutely not. Is he going to stop on his own? Also no.

( VeiledPariah VeiledPariah btw, it's your character i'm referencing that Eight's speaking too! I usually don't put names unless the character knows them, but some times it's confusing so- here! )

6FA02866-31C2-4F6C-BC2B-B926D64A4FD8.jpeg

Reis had waited whilst the group formed and a few words were exchanged. Her face for a brief moment held a twinge of defeat as one of the group stated that only one of them could join and the other girl had gotten there first but as she was about to accept the removal of herself from the group an announcement came from the statue causing her to jump at the sudden booming voice.

Annnndddd that was how she ended up on the boat having changed into her turf gear prior to getting on. The pairing of six all en route to conduct this salmon run. Reis felt weird being on the boat and her stomach was churning. Not from the boat itself but the anticipation of the task ahead, her hands shook but she moved them to her beanie and adjusted it around her hair taking a breath and exhaling.
Her concentration was broken as words met her and she turned to face where they emanated from. An octoling was doing their best with trying to hold a conversation in inklish. Reis raised a brow for a moment but soon understood and smiled before replying.
“Oh?, Reis and I use the splattershot mostly ….is he okay?”
Reis tilted her head looking past Eight and to the other participant currently eating the ship they were on.
The inkling then shook her head deciding not to pay that any mind rather choosing to focus her attention back to the octoling who had asked of her .
She could tell he was having a hard time and decided not to show her confusion as bluntly.

“I mainly support but if your worried about me don’t, I will stay out of your way”
the female explained further with a warm smile trying her best to speak a little slower and with better diction so eight could understand her words more clearly.

Interactions: peppermintTea peppermintTea

He was eternally thankful for the Inkling's, Reis, slow speech. It helped him grasp everything just a bit better! Looking back over to the other Octoling, Eight just turned back to Reis with a shy smile. The comment about being.. support? That worried him, if it meant what he thought it did - not being on the front lines, but rather helping by the sides and making sure everything was alright. While he was confident in Reis' abilities, he wasn't confident in how they'd handle what they're going up against. Ah- someone should have spoken up! He's got a gross feeling in his gut that something's just not going to go right.

"No, no-" Eight waves his hands in front of his face, trying to ease Reis' anxiety - at least, from what he could guess about their current state, they seemed a little on edge, "Fine, you. Ah.. put together you and you."

With his first "you", Eight pointed to himself, the second one pointing to Reis.

"Too, they," And then he pointed to the rest of them.. including the boat-eating Octoling.

"Safe with large group!" He gives Reis a slightly more confident smile. Moreso just confident in himself rather than Reis, but he's hopeful that he's wrong about his assumptions.

Spy stops eating the boat - finally. But now he's got his hands on the twine. Grinning like a stereotypical animated shark (perhaps from a movie about lost fish kids), Spy takes the piece that was completely disconnected due to his gnawing and lets it flop to his side. Then, he starts to yank on the rest of the rope. Already, his hands protest, but Spy's not going to let something like rope go to waste! Who knows when you'll need it, eh? Maybe he'd have to bungee jump or.. something. Lasso a Salmonid and ride it into battle! Yeah! That's actually a cool idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back