• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Spirit Hunters: Reincarnation

Dante Verren

Poi
Supporter
Do ghost and spirits really exist? If they do exist then what do they do? Do they just float around, pull pranks, or terrorize people like they do in the movies? What happens if you see one? Can they kill you, or can you kill them? Is reincarnation real? What happens if I die? These are just some of the questions that run through your head while you are supposed to be paying attention during class.

You are a high school student at a school by the name of Rising Sun Academy, a school for Children who barely managed to scramble through their middle school years. A school full of the lazy, unfocused, etc. Rising Sun Academy was your last choice of school but it was better than nothing. You have heard the rumors about Rising Academy before but you never believed them that was until you stepped through the front gates. The moment your foot entered the front gates you were hit by a wave of visions. Some people saw great works of art, some saw visions of war, and others saw great political events. The visons only lasted a moment but it left a nagging question at the back of your mind. What secret is this school hiding… and what exactly were those visions?

Alright now that the introduction is done time to actually explain what this Rp is about. In this Rp we will be playing as a group of high schoolers at a school with a bad reputation that is the center for many rumors. In this Rp Ghost and evil spirits exist and prey off the souls of people. It just so happens that your high schooler that you will be playing as shares a soul with a famous historical figure. Once the historical figure is awoken your high schooler will be given the ability to fight and destroy the evil spirits. Once THE historical figure has awoken inside of your character they will be granted armor/clothing and weapons to fight the evil spirits to your high schooler. While your character is in their normal form the historical figure will be present in a spirit form small enough to fit on your characters shoulder. They will only be visible and audible to other awoken humans.

The first little bit of the Rp will be introducing your high schooler and setting up the ceremony to awaken the historical figure. After that we will lean towards more Spirit Hunting rather than high school interaction unless we decide we want to do more with the school.

Right now I have two ways to determine who your historical figure will be. Regardless of which way is picked your high schooler will be somewhat similar to the figure. Basically if you make a more villainous character you will have a more villainous figure from history.

The two ways-
1. You the player choose your historical figure like you would when making your characters.

2. You make your high schooler and submit request for which historical figure you would like to have. In the end I would decide who your historical figure would be and Instead of telling you who they actually were I would give you a few visions for your character and drop hints as to who they were. You wouldn’t actually know who your historical figure is until the awakening ceremony is complete.

I am fine with going either way, the second option is just to provide a little more mystery to it. If we do go with the second option then we will make the combat portion of the character after you have learned what historical figure you have.

Now if you are still here you are probably asking yourself what if the historical figure I have wasn’t a person who took part in a war or combat. The answer to that is even if you chose or were given a painter or something not combative they would still be given combat capabilities but it would be more support based.

Well that is about it. If you have any question feel free to ask me and I will answer them

Last edited by a moderator:
It caught my attention.

Cool welcome welcome.

I would like to have anywhere from five to seven people before I get it started.

Ah and if you two could tell me how you would like selection for the historical figures taht would be apreicated. What do you guys like better, Option 1 or 2?

@Oceo Frose @Drakerus (I know you said maybe but I would like to hear your opinion on this as well.)

@Dante Verren

Well, in my personal opinion I like the idea of choosing our own ancestor, but the second opinion would be the best in my general opinion as it would make sure that no one could choose an OP ancestor.

@Dante Verren

I also like #1 but mostly because I had someone in mind for my character's ancestor. My unbiased opinion leans towards #2 because I really like the idea of characters getting powers based on who they are as people.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am interested. to find out what kind of high school this is.

Then I am happy to welcome you aboard. If you would please take a look at the two options for how we will be deciding on are historical figures and let me know which way you would like it would be much appreciated.

nomper 1 sounds like i am roleplaying a history hero and number 2 sounds like i am dabbleing in past lives. an intrest of mine.  i think i was guesha or a samori i love guesa stuff and sameri weapons plus japanese coulture. i also think I ws a civil southern belle i love the big dresses and the culture of the old south. lol number 2 sounds fun

Wait, I'm confused. 

On 1/31/2017 at 4:37 AM, Dante Verren said:

1. You the player choose your historical figure like you would when making your characters.

2. You make your high schooler and submit request for which historical figure you would like to have. In the end I would decide who your historical figure would be and Instead of telling you who they actually were I would give you a few visions for your character and drop hints as to who they were. You wouldn’t actually know who your historical figure is until the awakening ceremony is complete.

So it's one of the two?

I'm interested! This sounds great  <3

As for the historic figure options, Im gonna have to go for two. It's always great when role plays have things the gm chooses for each character

Do to majority of the votes going with the second option to decide ancestors. I will be taking request for region, time frame, and profession(if they had one) but not specific people.

I'll vote for #1. I want a character that I would know how to do stuff with, like Charles Darwin or Yoda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back