• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Spirit Animals! new & improved

Calibutcher

Did you think me Defeated?!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is an RP I GM'd when I first started on this site it eventually died off and I took a break from it taking time to improve my skills before trying again.

First off just a little about me and what I expect.

I am a pretty chill guy and am willing to incorporate ideas and interests you might have so please don't be afraid to ask me anything. I intend for this to be a semi-detailed RP but I'm not gonna freak out if ya have a short post here or there. If you can turn out at least a moderate paragraph and keep the story moving all is fine and dandy by me. So if your still reading I take it you might be interested. So on to the real part of it all.

Basic outline. I will include more information in the actual thread that I will start working on soon.

The world isn't much different then it is today People go to work and have jobs and families. Mechanics still charge to much for vehicle repair and politicians still squabble over most everything. The only difference with this world is that everyone has a spirit animal. Well everyone that is 16 years or older that is, since there is an initiation process and one must find the proper paired animal. These animals that are paired with people are intelligent some can talk some can't, some simply choose not to, but all have a mental link with there person so they can communicate with at least them. This link is affected by distance though and has a maximum range of only about 120 yards the length of a football field. So generally the animals stay close to their person so they can keep in touch. If they do get out of range there is no ill effect except that you cannot communicate with your animal. Some people claim that being beyond range they feel something is missing others say there seems to be no difference.

The other significant thing about a persons paired animal is that the animal the person is paired with posses the same base traits as the person. So say for example someone is very stubborn they are likely to be paired with a goat or Donkey or other stubborn animal, Someone very strong is likely to be paired with a Gorilla or Polar Bear, Someone educated may be paired with a Monkey or owl. However there are abnormalities sometimes the animal matched with a person does not have the same base traits. That can be because the person still does not know them self well enough or that they were just odd balls and got a very different animal.

But now a little bit about the plot and such. There are still bad people in this world which also means there are some bad animals too. And there are also aptly named Loners. Loners being either a animal or person who has lost there pair. Many 'lone' animals become Rouges Animals who incite others against humans or even other animals. Rouges are becoming an increasing problem in this day and age and so a group known as the Spirit Walker's is working on putting together a team to quell this threat. Spirit Walker's are those who are tasked with finding a person there animal pair.

Ok so I'm done typing for now I said more then I meant too anyway hope I didn't bore anyone.

I am looking for a lot of people but probably no more then 10.

I am looking for both rouges and those to be hired by the Spirit Walkers.

So please if you are interested make it known. I look forward to working with all of you.

I am interested as well. I have a few questions though, how would you identify a spirit animal as a rogue? As you said before, if a human and his spirit animal get separated more than the maximum range, there would be no adverse effects. So how can the lone animals be identified as rogue? How do they become rogue? Also, what happens to a loner human? Does being alone without a spirit animal change the human? What would happen if a human died, will the spirit animal die too?

Definitely interested. What kind of RP will this be? Casual? Detailed? Simple? and how would the world progress. What kind of an adventure are we looking at here? If there is an adventure at all.

First off the animal can survive without the person. A rouge is usually a disgruntled animal that has lost it's person and is seeking vengeance though there are varying circumstances, I do not want to get into it too much as I discovering why they are Rouges is part of the story.

Also this RP is meant to be Semi-detailed but I will have it listed as Causal.

@CrimsonEclipse

@shadowz1995 .

i was inerested the last time but was unable to join....But NOW...I will be abble and seeing a reboot...Count me in!

and i imagen animals that are nice and all...will be something like this....do i know they/some cant communicate but..Imagen

"Ok Man...Cross me through this river so i can steal them Pies!"

299FD1BC00000578-0-image-a-1_1434322387934.jpg

I would be interested in joining! I've never done a roleplay with more than 3 people before, so it would be a nice change. c:

Let me know if you approve!

I can also draw other people's characters as stories progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back