• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spiffing Day for Tea

Other
Here
"That would be an interesting story to say the least, though I doubt Luna would be all that happy to be glitter bombed," he chuckled slightly as he imagined Luna chasing around Ray with a sword if he even uttered the word glitter around her. To be fair to her, that was a lot of the regulars thoughts on the matter too. Glitter was only fun in small quantities, something Ray didn't seem aware actually existed and had gotten poor Edgar in trouble numerous times on his behalf. Though glitter would always be preferred to the time when someone was killed and then brought to life--the first by accident the second intentionally--right in the middle of practice. Baltimore hadn't been there at the time but the aftermath was as chaotic as the place ever got.

"I'm not sure actually, I imagine it'll be Orland as he was the creature to initially hook Luna and Ex up," Baltimore speculated thoughtfully. "Being one of the owners of the playhouse you'd be right in assuming he is anything but normal, though somehow he manages to be one of the most sane creatures there! He's extremely dramatic in everything he does and acts like a child who had too much sugar, including the eventual crash. But he has a charm to him and is very genuine," he explained with a smile, carefully stepping around the fact that Orland could hold a grudge like no other. Only a few months ago he'd finally forgiven him for just daring to date his sister--Baltimore was very glad Orland was currently unaware he'd dated his wife Ari too at one point.

"He sounds like quite the personality," I grin, "and he's probably the right person to manage something as chaotic as the Playhouse. You know, I kinda find those type of people charming. They're really fun to hang around with and help stave off boredom with their unpredictability. With that being said, I can tell that you never have a dull day with him around, even if those days can be particularly chaotic."
In the back of my mind, I wonder how interesting it would be to meet Orlando in person. Though, I personally wouldn't ask Baltimore to bring Orlando along. That would be my door's job. In that moment, an idea pops into my head.
"If I may ask, could I visit you at the Playhouse, perhaps give me a tour of the place?" My eyes figuratively sparkle with the spark of curiosity.

"I mean," Baltimore began thoughtfully, "I don't see why not. The playhouse is a pretty open place rock, though I am not entirely sure how we'll get there. This uh...this does seem to be a different world, it's sort of my first time traveling interdimensionally rock." He swirled his stick around his tea cup awkwardly, not really sure what else to say. The conversation had sort of distracted him from the fact but he currently was in some sort of other world, at least from what he could gather from his host, and whether or not they could even get back was something he hadn't considered. Jin-ho didn't seem very concerned which was slightly calming but Baltimore couldn't shove down his sense of paranoia.

"Don't sweat the details. After I do some preparations, I can visit the playhouse no problem, but I won't necessarily appear in this form. As for you, since you're native to this world, a short walk through the exit is all you need to get home." After finishing my little rundown, I stretch my arms into the air before before letting them down with a huff and then looking back at Baltimore. "Sorry about that. Running in parallel can be a bit tricky, especially when the main me is currently travelling." I pause slightly. "Uhh.. That probably sounded weird. Forget that I said that. Moving on, would you like to talk about anything else?"

Baltimore quietly nodded along as his host rambled off some thoughts that he didn't understand in the slightest, but obviously wasn't going to interrupt them. Sipping at his tea he actually paused mid-swallow at the question, before obviously choking a little and hurriedly setting down his cup and trying to cover his cough, being quite caught off guard at it. He hadn't even realized but he really was the main person talking here, wasn't he? This wasn't usual in the slightest for the gargoyle, with anyone but his fiance, but this thought was pushed away to ponder at later. "A-Ah, I'm not sure a-actually rock, I suppose not, unless you had more to ask? I am n-not the best conversationalist," he explained defaulting back to his nervous attitude.

"Hmm... not exactly," I mention. "I myself aren't exactly the best talker, purely speaking about the main me. Anywho, I think this might be a good time to wrap things up then. Ah, if you don't mind..." I ask trailing off a bit. "I'd like to ask if you could give me a small 'gift' of some sorts as a kind of proof that you were here. It could be anything, including pocket lint or paper clips. Though, that I personally would ask you to refrain from giving those if you're able."

"Oh! Shoot, ah I was supposed to bring something rock?" Baltimore panicked, hurriedly reaching into his pockets to see if he had anything completely caught off guard. As expected they were empty, he rarely put anything in his hoodie pockets as they often tended to slip out when he did any sort of manual labor, and he already cracked his phone enough without letting it smash on the concrete floor every 5 minutes. "Oh...ah, um excuse me a moment," he said with a nervous grin, standing up in his seat and reaching behind his back to retrieve a small handbag hidden within the depths of his thick hair. As one of the many creatures of Lilypad who rarely wore any clothing, he had come up with other more unorthodox methods of keeping his belongings on him, though he felt incredibly awkward doing so in front of someone he didn't know particularly well. Trying to keep the flush down, he opened up his bag and rifled through it, wanting to give something somewhat decent. "Okay," he began nervously, glancing away from the bag and giving Jin-Ho an apologetic grin. "It's n-not much but I do have a couple things in here! I have ah some bells, that's sort of the currency where I c-come from, though maybe it is here too rock I s-should have asked. Um, alongside t-that I have a few theater coupons, I g-guess if you wanted to come over rock then they might come in handy! Oh, and a 'Royal Princess Ari' doll...I was restocking them earlier," he listed not sure if any of the items would be appropriate gifts but not really having anything else to offer.

"Oh, would it be fine if I could take a theater coupon and the doll?" I ask. Not that I'm into dolls, but I have a penchant for odd gifts when it comes to this body. As for the coupon itself, I want to send a representative in the future after I've visited the playhouse for myself. However, I might be getting a bit too greedy, so I add, "Though, if that's a bit too much to ask, you can just give me the doll."

"Oh no it's okay rock! I get these every show and I never really use them, since...I sort of co-run the shop anyway," Baltimore assured, handing them a pair of theater coupons alongside a small green leaf that had a rather plasticy texture. Once it was set on the table the leaf let out a little puff of smoke before turning into a small plush cat wearing a purple dress that had a tag from the Meadow Heart Playhouse hanging from it's ear. "Oh uh, if you ever need to store that it c-can be popped back into a leaf, I uh...don't know if things do that here rock," he explained nervously with a smile.

(Click the links to see the images!)

When I see the leaf pop into a puff of smoke before turning into a doll, I raise my eyebrows and give a smile. Animal Crossing, huh? I place my hand on my chin with a grin.

"Oh, don't worry about that. This room is equipped to adapt to the rules of any dimension." I pick up the doll, and as soon as I fully lift it up, it pops into a puff of smoke before turning back into a leaf. "You know, I've actually seen this tanuki stuff before, though, not exactly up front and personal like this." As I talk, I also take an opportunity to pocket the tickets. "Regardless, thank you for the gifts," I thank Baltimore. "Oh, and one more thing." I procure from my pocket a small white slip of paper. "If you ever want to visit my room again, just rip this piece of paper in half to summon my door. Ah, you can also bring other people along if you'd like." I hand Baltimore the piece of paper to him. "Though, fair warning, this piece of paper might disappear when you leave the room, along with your memories of this place if that happens."

"Oh ah...duly noted," Baltimore replied, stuffing the small scrap of paper into his pocket and offering out his claw to shake before he left this strange strange interaction. In all honesty it wouldn't be the first time he had found himself in an alternate dimension and experienced an entire thing only to wake up later with little to no memories of the incident--having Extinct and Bug explain the whole train/murder mystery mansion hullablu was a very very strange afternoon, the only reason he even believed any of it was that he didn't think Bug was quite weird enough to make something like that up. Idly Baltimore kind of hoped he would have at least some memories of this interaction, it would certainly be awkward if Jin came by and he couldn't remember them, plus this would make one heck of a story to tell Wren!

When Baltimore extends a claw, I shake it in turn and wave goodbye as Baltimore leaves my room. In the near future, I might (if not certainly) make a surprise visit to Baltimore... granted when the dimensions have aligned.

...And that concludes our tea session! Though, that doesn't mean that this is an indefinite end! Feel free to request another tea session if you'd like, and if you feel comfortable with it, bring someone else along. I'd be more than happy to have multiple guests over! :'D Ah, and there might be a few other things I'd like to talk about, but that'll be kept to the pms. Anywho, good tidings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back