• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Spence and Spaghetti (Criminal Minds RP)

It 'll take a while. I write my replies/ starters over a few days (author's habit^^) so don't get nervous. The longer it takes, the better it gets ;)

It was raining outside. The rain dropped against the windows and then made little rivers, flowing downwards. It was awfully quiet inside the building, but it wasn't as if that bothered him a lot. He had his book and that was all he needed right now. He hadn't been able to sleep for multiple reasons, so he just had come to work early, looking through some pictures on his phone first, then he continued reading. His eyes flew over the pages and he took in every single word. Sometimes he wondered what was behind all those stories, the man behind it. How had he felt when he had written "The Never Ending Story"? Everything he read was some kind of study, a learning process. He never just read for fun. Well, the learning part actually was fun. Stuffing his brain with as much knowledge as possible, because he could. His brain was a tool, that was why he used it. As long as he could...

Those thoughts were sneaking up behind him again and he rubbed his tired eyes. He really needed some sleep, for the sake of his body. His mind played along most of the time, but his body... He was feeling worn out, yawning all the time, but still he tossed and turned at night, trying to escape the images...
There was a 2.15% chance that she would come back wounded or not at all. It wasn't a big, not even significant, but there was a chance that she would never come back home.

With a bad feeling in his stomach he faced the book again and tried to focus. Moonchild... that sounded almost schizophrenic. The whole book sounded like the hallucinations of a schizophrenic boy who didn't get proper treatment. Which brought him back to his mother and her condition and that she was alone in there. He should have visited her months ago, but he just hadn't been able to do that without getting any proper sleep the night before. Which he hadn't, not in days. She had promised to Skype him, or send an e- Mail every day. Now it had been quiet fir three days and he was really starting to worry. His sleep hadn't been the best before, but with Willow not calling him, it had gotten even worse. He slowly sipped his coffee and told himself that he was paranoid. He just couldn't help considering the 2.15%...

The door opened and he looked up from his book. Garcia sneaked in and looked around. When she saw Reid sitting there, all alone, she made her way to him, looking at him in pity.
"Oh, what's wrong...? You look horrible...", she asked, which made Spencer frown. He did feel horrible. But he just pulled out a smile from the back of his mind and put it onto his face.
"I'm fine, really", he replied and tried to look like he was telling the truth. Maybe it worked...
"Oh, uhm, okay...", Penelope mumbled and looked at her shoes, "If- and only if you wanna talk about it, I'm..."
Spencer nodded. He knew that she was there if he needed someone to talk. But he also knew he wouldn't take that offer any time soon. The only person he would talk to was Rossi. Because he knew what Reid was going though and that made things a lot easier.

Garcia tiptoed away, leaving him alone again. He looked at the book and tried to focus. The first three pages were a little hard, but then he dived into it again, imagined that the author was sitting in front of him... and he saw through it. He saw through the lines, right into that man's mind and the message behind it all. Some people claimed that this book was about religion, shame or maybe even war. But was it? Or was it just the work of a man trying to describe a bad dream he had had as a child? The scary world of a child that has to grow up thinking it is crazy? Or maybe a simple psychotic break?

While Spencer was sitting in the office, David Rossi sat at his computer and typed vigorously, while he ate his breakfast. He couldn't choose when his inspiration striked, and just as he had gotten up and made some cappuccino, it had hit him like a rock. He had set himself an alarm to when he wanted to leave and now he was writing the new chapter.

In the back of his mind there was this pounding, the certainty that something was about to happen. One might have called it magic, but for him it was just experience. A good feeling for guessing parameters that lead to things happening. And today was such a day. But it was- except for the rain, which Rossi couldn't stand at all- a beautiful day and he was happy. When the alarm rang, David got up and sighed. It was the worst thing he could do now, but he had to get up and leave. Otherwise he would be late and Aaron would be grumpy.

So he got inside the car, started the engine and just wanted to drive off, when he saw a slim female silhouette appear at the sidewalk. He rubbed his eyes, then squinted, to have a better sight. He wasn't getting old, but he definitely needed glasses at some point...

Willow walked into the office, still in uniform and her bomb dog was right next to her. She straightened up as she looked around, alot of people greeted her with 'Captain' and a nod. She knew she had respect here, it made her feel good, but there was one person she was after, and when she found the brown haired boy, she walked up to him and smiled, "Spence" she whispered, her raspy voice was strained from little use and she had her hand bandaged up. She also had a green bag and a bulky rifle on her shoulder. "I'm back"

This time Spencer hadn't looked up from his book when the doir had opened. He was trying to distract himself from any possible reasons why his fiancé didn't call. Some of them were foreseeable, but some of them were just worst case scenarios, which were very creative, but still scarily possible. 2.15%. It wasn't completely impossible. There were enough soldiers who didn't make it back... 2.15 soldiers in hundred, that meant 21.5 in thousand. There were about 1700 soldiers stationed in Iraq, which made it approximately 36.55 ones of them getting hurt and or not coming back at all. While he stared at the book, his brain started rattling, counting through all the numbers that he had just calculated. Until...

There was a voice. Quiet, first, but he still looked up and saw her... And he jumped off his chair and took her in his arms. His Willow was back. His beautiful Willow. He couldn't say anything, he just had his arms around her, smiling a wide smile that didn't seem to even halfway express the relief and happiness, which was flowing through his veins right now.

She dropped everything, even the leash to her dog. She jumped up, wrapping her legs and arms around him, she started crying tears of joy and happiness, "Spencer Reid, I'm back and ...... ready to be your wife" she told him, pulling back and pulling him into a kiss. It was true, Willow had resigned and was stationed back home in the K9 unit, so she would travel to work with Spencer and even work cases with him. This is what she dreamed of, but at the same time, it has been so long since she had been home, and luckily, she was actually home and alive.

Spencer was a little overwhelmed by her jumping on him. He wasn't sure whether or not he was strong enough to hold her. But Willow had lost weight, so even he could carry her. Reid looked down at her, realizing just how tired she looked. After all, she was a returning soldier from a war zone.
He enjoyed the kiss and stroked her back carefully. She looked like a tough woman in that uniform. But her eyes told a story. She had been through a lot, and Spencer knew that. He also knew what to expect when a soldier came home from war. It ranged from nothing at all to severe emotional changes, aggression, flashbacks, panic attacks, sleeping troubles...

He still smiled and wiped her tears away with his thumb, kissing her softly.
"I missed you...", he whispered and buried his head in her hair, "I missed you so much..."

Just the second when he broke the kiss, the door opened again and Rossi came in. He was running and looked a little stressed. He had been stuck in traffic and was about 15 minutes late. But no one seemed to care. There was another center of attention.

"Mamma mia!", he exclaimed, when he saw who was standing right there, in the middle of the office.
The dog noticed him first, though. Dakota sprinted toward him and jumped up on him, wagging her tail like crazy.
"Ooh hi good girl ", he smiled and petted the dog, "At least someone notices me..."
After a while of dog petting, Rossi went toward the couple, which was still cuddling and didn't seem to let go any time soon. So he just crossed his arms and coughed slightly.
"May I borrow my daughter for a moment?", he asked with a big smile on his face.

Willow jumped down and smiled, running up and hugging her father. "Oh Daddy... You are so crazy.... Oh my god it's been two years" she said, pulling away from the hug and taking off her army cap. She tussles her own hair and smiled, "It's been awhile..." She told them and grinned even wider when Dakota curled at her feet. "Spencer, I'm ready to be on a case... Hotch is gonna check me mentally and then I'm going on a case with you guys, K9 unit supervisor Willow Reid at your service" she said with a bow and a smirk, "They transferred me here"

"Wait, what?", Rossi interrupted, "You're going to what? You need some sleep first, captain supervisor whatever", he stated and looked at his adoptive daughter with concern. "You can't just pop up in here and decide to join our team, moreover this isn't..."
He sighed, noticing that the arguments in his head didn't make any sense. So he just shut his mouth and frowned.

"I'm worried about you...", he admitted, "You're even more slim than you were when you left. Just take some time to regenerate and then... Can't you just sit at home and be safe? Watch too much TV so I can complain when I get home? Maybe go to school again and mess with the other teenagers?"
The gray haired Agent sighed once more and his glance went sad, almost nostalgic.
"Sounds foolish", he stated and his friendly smile flickered back on, "Maybe I'm too old to make those decisions", he shrugged.

Spencer greeted Rossi with a smile, but their loos started to communicate soon after. They were really good at sending those nonverbal messages by now, especially if they didn't want Spencer's fiancé to know about any surprises or concerns they had. Yes, she really had lost weight, but her mood didn't seem changed at all, except for the fact that she seemed happy to be home. But anyone would.

Spencer was happy to have her back, too. It was almost like the weight of a world had fallen off his shoulders. He took Willows hand, not ready to let go for the rest of the day. No matter what she looked like or what seemed to be off. His girl was back and this was the most perfect moment in ages. He pushed his worries about all the could-have-beens and might-be's away and inspected the bandage on her hand instead.
"What happened...?", Reid asked, insecure if he could actually touch the bandage without hurting her.

Willow giggled and unraveled the bandage, "Nothing, Just punched the crap out of an enemy, and I don't think the guy could breath when I was done..." she said and shrugged, "Try to hit on me and that's what you get, damn it!" She said with a wink and picked up her green bag, releasing Spencer's hand, "Going to go change, ok?" She said, walking to the bathroom. When she got there, she looked in the mirror for a long time, or so it seemed, the memories of shots fired in her mind. The girl cleaned up and changed into a black sweater, some jeggings and boots that went past her knee, and she walked out and placed her bag in a locker that was in the changing area. Afterwards, she was back at that doorway again, a real smile now visible, "So.. I want to ask you guys a question, well two actually, Where is the nearest restaurant and do you mind if I have the wedding in your backyard dad?"

Suddenly someone turned up behind Willow and touched her shoulder. It was Garcia, who hadn't intended to sneak up on the young woman. She had just been on the toilet and was now heading for the sink to wash her hands, before she would be heading back to her office. She was as surprised as Spencer had been when she saw his fiancé just turn up here in uniform and with a gun on her shoulder. So touching her from behind hadn't been the best idea, Penelope figued. But well, everyone was cleverer afterwards.

Willow smiled when she saw Penelope, "Hey Pen!" She said and hugged her, "So where is Hotch and Morgan?" She asked as she slid her hands into the back pockets of her jeans, hiding her scabbed over hand. Willow went into a daze, her mind travelling back to war and when she heard a gunshot from the range that was close by, Willow reached for the strap of her gun, her breath caught as she spoke something in the Iraq language. When she came back to Earth, Willow shook her head, "Ah crap."

Garcia tilted her head slightly and looked at the young woman in front of her.
"Are you... okay...?", she asked insecurely, "You've been gone for quite some time...."
The hacher frowned and thought about what her team had told her about soldiers and PTSD. There had been this case with a soldier who had kept on snapping and killed people, because he thought he was in a war zone... that had been brutal. And scary. Mostly because he hadn't realized that it had been innocent people he had killed...
She also knew from herself that it caused sleeplessness and nightmares, terrible nightmares and that fear of always being followed or in danger. So all in all, she knew quite a lot about PTSD.

But Spencer had also told her that not all soldiers came back with PTSD. There were some who had something called... what had that been? Resilience? It meant that they were more stable than others and the trauma couldn't leave that much damage...
But in her- non psychological- eyes, Willow looked horrible, really horrible. And then there had been Hotch, making strange implications of getting a new team member and how they all knew who it was...
Maybe Spencer's fiancé was the new team member? But that would mean she would work under stressful conditions and Penelope wasn't sure if that was such a good idea, with the trauma and all... Well, Hotch had to know, right?

Willow smiled, "Ha... Yeah... I just need to work... It's just what I do.." she told the woman and walked out of the bathroom. She wasn't alright, her head and stomach felt funny and she was about to hurl. She needed a break, but she wouldn't take one. The blonde haired, grey eyed woman walked all the way out of the BAU and to the K9 unit that was near, and right in the doorway was a beautiful German Shepard, her Lab had been trained well, so it had followed her. Willow packed up the dog and walked back to the BAU, almost getting suffocated in hugs by Hotch and Derek in the process. Walking back in, the girl settled down at a empty desk and took in a harsh breath of air, "Spence... For once, I'm craving Asian, Italian and Indian food..." she says with a laugh as her dogs sat beside her.

"Well, I can do something about the italian hunger", Rossi smiled and looked over at his daughter, "Dinner at my house tonight? I'll make a big Italian three course menu. As soon as we're out of here."
He knew how much Willow loved it when he cooked for her. And especially pasta had always been his daughter's favorite.
"Spencer, you're invited, obviously. I need some help in the kitchen", he smiled.
Spencer looked at him and smiled shyly. He wasn't good at cooking, not at all. It was too much intuition and too less science for his taste. And Rossi knew that. But he still kept trying to motivate his soon to be son in law to engage in his cooking activities. He was determined to teach the genius how to cook. It wasn't that hard, he could manage that... with the right teacher and a little patience.

"Oh, that sounds great, Rossi, but..."
Just as Reid was about to contradict, Penelope made her way through the room, her face pale as the walls behind her. That expression of hers could only mean one thing: A new case. And hell knew what it was this time. David sighed and looked at his shoes.
"Dinner's moved, then...", he grumbled.
Hadn't he predicted that something would happen? Hadn't he seen the trouble already?
"What is it, Garcia?", he asked, signing within, as the blonde woman gathered the others around the table. She activated the PowerPoint presentation and the picture of a corpse appeared on the screen in front of the BAU. Reid frowned and looked more closely. It was a young woman, who looked like she had been ripped apart and then sown together again.

"This...", Penelope explained with a heavy swallow, "Was Alicia Wales. She was... Abducted from her home, then gone for two days and found like this... Ripped apart and sown back together again... there was..."
Garcia took a deep breath. "A lot of blood and the medical examiner says there are probably surgical skills involved."
Reid nodded slowly and bit his lip.
"The other three victims, Sarah, Jordan and Felix were killed exactly the same way", Penelope mumbled, trying to keep her voice neutral.

Willow repeatedly snapped her fingers as she though, "Felix is a Sweden name...At least I think, Ah hell..." Dakota proudly sat on her owners lap as she thought, "Remember the sayings most people say about reinventing yourself, he has to be doing that with his victims. He takes pleasure in redesigning a person" Suddenly it hit her, "Penny, Is there a star on the backs of the victims?" She has asked, "Also, check for inside down crosses, because I have a idea from a military clearance case I worked in Afghanistan, the dogs were unable to find the SOB who killed my partner, and the case went cold. So now, I'm guessing he is returning."

Garcia's eyes widened slightly.
"No, there... are no satanic signs on the bodies... in fact... I did some research and... I didn't find anything similar about them except their disappearance..."
She sighed and looked at the team, instead of the pictures she presented now. The photos were close ups of the bodies, from all angles and the crime scenes.
"They were sent to sleep with drugs and then cut apart. They were still alive... Why would someone...?"
Penelope sighed.
"Just be fast catching them....", she begged.

Reid squinted and looked at the images more closely.
"Can I have that on paper...?", he asked, "I think I saw something."
If one looked closely at the faces of the victims, they would see what Spencer saw. The nose wasn't fully identical, neither was the skin or the lips. Though perfectly sown together, there seemed to be something off...

"Up in 15", Hotch stated and got up from his chair, "Captain Rossi, you're coming with me."
He smiled politely and lead Willow to his office. He even held the door for her, when she entered.
"Take a seat", he offered her and sat down on the opposite side of the table, "You know what this is about, right?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back