Idea "Spec. Tacklers" - Ghost RP discussion

Tardy Grade

The Page Turner
Pitching a simple premise with a mix of three groups. Normals. ParaNormals. Ghosts.

'Page-turning concepts'. I know.

Normals: Nothing new to any of us, just people trying to get through life as best as they are able. Everyone abiding by their own methods to do so.
ParaNormals: Born or trained. Individuals with abilities that blur the line between what is explainable by science and full-blown miracles. Abilities can range from simply a sensory boost allowing them to detect certain kinds of spirits as result of this 'mutation' to inherited 'powers'. Trained individuals capable of handling a variety of 'Ghosts' or specific types as well.
Ghosts: Benign or Malignant. If humans are healthy cells that know when to die via apoptosis then 'Ghosts' are the effect of something gone terribly wrong in the process. Left on the mortal plane after being tethered by some unfinished matters they can wander idly or stalk with dreadful purpose.

My idea for a group RP, if I were to ever design one, would focus on the sudden 'explosion' of spectral activity across the world as of the year 2020. Initially coming to notice by govt. across the world, as a minor statistical increase in accidental deaths, the efforts of a few show the irrefutable presence of ghosts. Addressed initially as an elaborate world-wide hoax by those who didn't witness events directly, it grew increasingly obvious by the end of the year. Studies were immediately conducted revealing that ghosts only seem to move within certain 'confines'.

These confines were all linked to man-made structures and constructions. Cities were evacuated in their entirety. Possessions ripped from their hands even as they began to live on the periphery of their old homes. It would seem that ghosts could also not cross water on anything other than man-made items.

A lot of other ideas in my head as well but this is the gist of the backdrop.

What happens next?

Man waits. Man plans. Man tries to retake his home.

Therein lies the humble beginnings of the joint 'Spec. Tacklers' initiative. A group of people, both normal and not, that are trying to figure out the mystery behind the sudden explosion of spectral activity and how they can return things to the way they were before.

Below is a little sample of the tone for how things might be in an encounter early on:
----------
The boy did not seem hostile, and he stopped in front of Mary. He looked at her curiously. A small child with an inquisitive expression. Then, he reached out to grab her hand and said with a sweet and naive voice, “Come play with me big sister.

Mary feared for her life, so she cried and pleaded with Sam, “What … what am I suppose to do?

Big sister, come, I have something that I want to show you …. ” Unable to resist the pull from the boy, he forcefully dragged her along with him. When he saw this, Sam quickly rushed forward to block the boy and asked, “Why don’t I come play with you instead?
The little boy slowly raised his head and looked at Sam; his eyes suddenly glowed red. Then, with a deep and haunting voice, he replied, “Move aside!

Don't be like that kid. Can't you see that 'sis' isn't feeling too hot? Don't you want to play with me instead?” Sam asked before abruptly reaching out to strike the boy’s right shoulder. Before the boy even walked close to them, Sam had already prepared for the worse, so he had already cut his finger to draw a Vedic symbol on his palm. This strike would probably have killed a common spirit or demon.

However, this palm only pushed the little boy back. This shocked Sam more than he'd show in that instant.

This strike had forced the little boy to let go fo Mary who quickly picked up her bag and took out her scanner, aiming it at the short figure. Then, the boy held onto the region that Sam had struck him ... and started to cry. But the cries quickly turned into strange laughs. Voices overlapping between childish and demonic until it sounded like a choir in disarray. The two of them became horrified when they saw a visible rate of necrosis that started from his wounded shoulder. The sleeve of his shirt withered into dried leaves. His skin became wan and flaked off like old paint revealing a brick-red surface underneath.

Soon, a large area of bloody flesh was revealed.

My god… ” Sam mumbled, as began to take slow steps away from the 'thing'.

The boy continued to reveal its gruesome form directly before them.Soon all his skin had rotted away, while his flesh underneath had become an extensive mess. Not satisfied with his appearance, the boy vigorously shook his head. Then, with the sounds of bones cracking, the top of his head fractured into pieces and revealed some of the internal white matter. Spongey but without the a single hue of red.

The strangest thing was that it almost looked like … cotton?
-------

So if it's a newly opened mall or some such we'll have much less 'activity'. Vice-versa a small antique pocket watch could house as much activity as one such mall. Size-to-ghost ratio.

Over time a 'corrosion' is noted for these physical objects regardless. A saturation point of sorts upon which these items will be 'destroyed' releasing more 'consolidated' spectres. This can either be an increase in 'numbers' (ghost-clones) or a stronger entity than the one that possessed the object.

So like an incubatory cocoon. However, each following item must be 'older' than the item occupied before it.

Honestly, the only reason I even wrote this down is that without an outlet the ideas would flood my brain.

And I need my brain for other purposes than 'ghost-writing'.

Badum tiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back