• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern | sparring partners |

Characters
Here

Waraeru

lee taemin stan

| sparring partners |

Muse A, an accomplished martial artist for his young age and the coach of a small kickboxing club in his university, comes into contact with Muse B, an arrogant beginner to the club who boldly challenges Muse A in a sparring session.

Muse A | Waraeru Waraeru
Muse B | pasta pasta

Last edited:

Jin Jingyi

It was a suggestion by his mother to go to a kickboxing club. She stated he needed a way to force out all his negative feelings.

"Jingyi, you seem very unhappy and negative. I think you need a way to let it all out. It could damage your work ethic. Why not join a kickboxing club? The university has one. Why not try it out?"

Only his mom could talk him into something like that.

He hated to admit it, but she was right. Mother knows best. But, he didn't know if kickboxing was the best choice. Couldn't it have been something a little more challenging? Although it wasn't true, he believed he was an expert fighter.

Jingyi had done some intense research the night before. He wanted to see if this club was really worth his precious time. It seemed good from what he had read, so he felt confident in his choice. Today, he was planning on signing himself up and seeing what it was all about.

He raised an eyebrow as the car stopped in front of its destination. He scoffed with disappointment as he unbuckled his seatbelt. The man beside him stared at him, concerned, for a few moments before speaking, "Is there something wrong, Young Master?" The young man visibly cringed at the way he was addressed, finding it disgusting. He didn't even deserve to call him that.

"Told you not to call me that," He snapped. "It's pathetic."

"Oh, uh, sorry, sir," The driver mumbled. "It's a habit." Excuses. He was only apologizing because he had to. That pushed the "Young Master's" buttons. He felt his blood boil, but he kept his lips locked and eyes trained on the building.

Jingyi shook his head and opened the car door. "I'm going in myself. Just wait out here," He ordered as he removed himself from the leather material, stepping onto the cracked pavement. "This is it." Sighing, turned to close the black car door and walked towards the front entrance. He knew at some point his pride would be damaged, but it was too late to turn back. He couldn't go back to the car and embarrass himself.

He entered the building, his poker face greeting whoever was there. His eyes scanned for a front desk or someone who looked to be the owner. Perhaps a middle-aged man or some woman. Maybe a professor was the owner. Clearly, he hadn't researched enough to know who the owner was. He only skimmed over the various blocks of texts. He clasped his fingers together and pursed his small lips as he waited for someone to say something to him. It was like he expected everything to be done for him. Someone would approach him and show him what to do. That's how it was supposed to be though, right? Waraeru Waraeru
oof. im insecure. i hope it's good. lil fucc boy is a brat, clearly.

M O O N xJ I - S U N G xxxxxxx
──────────────── ──────────── ─────── ────
// ''location campus dojo ''⋅'' role muse a ''⋅'''' faceclaim''⋅'' tagsx pasta pasta

indentThe scent of cleaning products hung so heavily in the air that it could only be described as suffocating. It felt like it seeped into every ounce of your being, infecting every pour of your skin and violently flooding them and washing them out with lemony goodness. The class hadn't even started yet, but Jisung's knees were possibly bruised already from being knelt on the floor, scrubbing at the mats. The position had probably had unhealthy impacts on his back, too, but it was a small price to pay to keep his pride and joy, his gym, clean.
Usually, the least painful, tedious and obnoxiously pungent way of cleaning the mats was through using a fancy and industrial steam cleaner, but unfortunately even the concentrated blasts of scalding hot steam aren't enough to neutralize the lingering scent of sweat that managed to seep into the mats. So, as a result, Jisung found himself on the floor with cloths, disinfectant and wet wipes in hand. As painfully overwhelming the fumes were, Jisung couldn't deny that cleaning was extraordinarily therapeutic. In fact, he was a fan of it. Especially, since that cleaning the mats had also led to an opportunity for him to organize some of the gym's equipment.
He hummed a light tune as he went about his work, though remaining cautious to not breathe in too heavily. That was, until his tranquility was shattered by a shrill voice screaming out his name from across the room.
"JISUNG, OPEN A DAMN WINDOW, YOUR CLASS IS ABOUT TO START."
Poor Jisung practically jumped 10 feet into the air with shock, narrowly avoiding knocking over his bottle of disinfectant. His face flushed with colour, he managed to pull himself up onto his feet, straightening himself out and warmly smiling at his intruder, a pretty woman, perhaps younger than him by a few years. Jisung had known her for several years, as before he had been able to open his own gym, he had trained at the same kickboxing gym she had, even if she was only a beginner at the time. When the time came around that Jisung was finally able to open his business, she loyally followed him, something that Jisung could never emphasize how much boosted his confidence as he was just beginning as a coach.
"As always, I appreciate the enthusiasm, Yongsun, but was shouting really necessary?"
Despite his words, what Yongsun had hollered at him did strike a nerve. He had let himself get so engrossed in cleaning, that he had almost completely forgotten the session that he was supposed to teach shortly. Now embarrassed, the colour in his face refused to subside. Not only was kickboxing his passion, so was teaching, and he was almost ashamed that he got so involved in wiping a floor that something so important had slipped his mind.
Perhaps unwise due to the persistent scent that was present, Jisung inhaled deeply and nodded, a broad smile arriving on his face.
"You are completely correct, however. I admit, I completely forgot. You know how I can be with my cleaning." He mused, moving to pack away his cleaning implements. With the bottle of disinfectant in one hand, a balled up clump of cloths in the other and the pack of wet wipes tucked under his armpit, he made his way over to the corner of the room, opening a cupboard door with his foot with surprising grace and ease.
"Oh, and since you entered the gym early and without my permission, you can open the windows yourself whilst I finish up, considering that the smell is strong enough for you to complain about." He chimed happily, with his head still buried in the cupboard. Yongsun let out an exasperated sigh, muttering things about how cruel Jisung was for forcing her to move around before the session had even begun.
Within five minutes, the windows were all ajar and Jisung has finished clearing up after himself. The cool Daegu air filtering in through the windows was able to somewhat negate the potency of the cleaning products' aftermath. Yosung stood proudly over Jisung from where he was sat on the floor, a smirk plastered onto her face.
"You see, now when everyone arrives they won't immediately be knocked out!" She cackled, playfully kicking him in the shoulder.
"No, they'll be knocked out by your world-renowned kicks that can strike fear into any opponent." He retorted, softly chuckling until she kicked him again, this time significantly less playful and now aimed at the ribs. Jisung brushed off the attack, his attention now focused on the members, well, his students, that he could see outside in the small lobby, through the glass of the door. He jumped to his feet and rushed over to the door and opened it. Before being permitted to enter, each member removed their shoes in the lobby and with one that walked through the door, Jisung warmly greeted them with a bow, with each individual bowing back. It wasn't particularly common in kickboxing, but he believed it strengthened the mutual respect they all had with each other.
The members in the numbers, perhaps just over a dozen, placed the rest of their belongings along the wall with the door. Jisung was able to keep his usually friendly tone but significantly raised the volume when he next addressed them all.
"Alright guys, once you're all settled I want you all lined up on the back wall. No newbies tonight, so you all know the drill - I want you bouncing and shifting your balance from foot to foot. Keep it nice and light, or you'll roll your ankle and we'll all be laughing at you rolling around on the floor." He beamed, heartily clapping some of the members on the back as they walked past him to line up along the back wall. Jisung stood before them all as they all bounced on their feet, grinning. To the left of the lineup, he noticed Yosung trying desperately trying to communicate with him, but without making herself too overtly obvious. By the time that Jisung had narrowed his eyes questioningly in response, other members had noticed what she had noticed, slowing their hopping or ceasing altogether, their focus planted behind Jisung. Yosung ditched the attempt at being covert, indiscreetly motioning for Jisung to turn around. He played along and eventually saw why.
A young man - Was he younger than Jisung? He couldn't quite tell, but it wasn't like it mattered anyway or anything - stood at the entrance of the room. He struggled to formulate a first impression of the new individual. Jisung might have been able to admit that guy was somewhat good-looking, if it weren't for the look on his face of pure apathy and indifference that implied he'd rather be anywhere else than where he was currently standing. That alone had made him wary of this character.
Nonetheless, Jisung warmly smiled at him, before briefly spinning around and addressing the class.
"Thirty press-ups. When you're done, back on your feet and back to bouncing." He announced, before wheeling back around again.
"So, who might you be?" He asked with a soft curiosity, lacing his fingers together. "And, assuming you're here to participate, why are you late to my class?"

/ / word count - 1'215
/ / notes - im not really proud of this post, i'm sorry :c

face claim: zitao
mood: triggered irritated
role: muse b
Waraeru Waraeru

jin jingyi

The class seemed to be managed well. The only that struct out to Jingyi was the teacher; he was a lot younger than the Chinese male expected. He seemed pretty established for someone his age -- it was appealing. Appealing was used loosely, Jingyi couldn’t come to conclusions too quickly. He didn’t want to admit it, but the activity seems fun and light-hearted. A smile appeared on his face for a few moments, but it soon faded like a seashell being washed from a sand. But, these people weren’t his type of people. In fact, they were below him.

Maybe he should sign up. Perhaps his dear mother was right.

As he began to focus on his surroundings, something struck him; the air was suffocating. Cheap cleaning products filled his pure lungs, lining them with artificial lemon. It gave him a headache. The rich male kept as much respectfulness as he could and pushed aside his roaring ache. It must’ve been cleaning day; at least they cleaned the place, right? Maybe some scentless cleaning products would be better or perhaps some better ventilation systems.

“No newbies tonight, so you all know the drill.”

So was he not supposed to be here? For a hot minute, he was considering leaving and coming back at a later date. He didn’t want to invade an “experienced” class. But, at the same time, it hurt his ego. He wasn’t a newbie in the slightest. Kickboxing couldn’t require a ton of skill, right? All you needed to know was how to fight. Of course, he was completely wrong. But, his ego was bruised wouldn’t let him acknowledge that.

As he was turning to leave, the owner approached him. It felt like the thick, citron air was wrapping its arms around Jingyi and pulling him back in, forcing him to stay in the kickboxing building. But, really, it was Jingyi’s own interest keeping him from leaving. He could feel a few eyes on him, which made him want to appear powerful, which that only made him look arrogant and self-centered; like a lemon sucked dry.

“I’m Jin Jingyi,” He answered quite professionally. His posture was perfect and his hand extended out to shake with the warm and welcoming male.

Late? No, he wasn’t late. He wasn’t even planning on participating today; maybe to just get a sneak peek of the class. He only wanted to sign up and come in, next class. “I’m not here to participate.” He began. “I’m just here to sign up. Besides, you aren’t expecting any newbies, am I correct? I can come back at a later date if it’s needed.” He couldn’t help but let a slight irritation leak through his voice. "But, I would like to see how you run your class. It seems fun."

What was fun? Something that brings you joy. And would this get him excited? He could faintly remember enjoying karate as a child, but that was with a private teacher. This was a whole group of people. It was more faces to impress, more faces prove he was better than.
lololo new layout bc i like it better wow

M O O N xJ I - S U N G xxxxxxx
──────────────── ──────────── ─────── ────
// ''location campus dojo''⋅'' role muse a ''⋅'''' faceclaim''⋅'' tagsx pasta pasta

indent Jisung couldn't help but hesitate before accepting the newcomer's handshake. For now, he had no reason to distrust the new arrival, however, there was something in the formality of a handshake that perhaps managed to intimidate Jisung. Admittedly, he was accustomed to bowing within his gym and whilst it was entirely possible that this guy would be able to learn in time, this handshake felt more like the finale of an intense business agreement as opposed to a first introduction.
Jisung didn't let himself pause long enough to create an air of suspicion or conspiracy, smiling and nodding as the young man before him introduced himself as Jin Jingyi.
From the handshake alone, Jisung noted how seemingly brimming with rigidity Jingyi was. If the shake hadn't felt like a business deal when it had first been offered, it certainly felt like one now Jisung had withdrawn his hand. It was brief and to the point. The firmness was certainly unexpected, yet he attempted to hide any of the surprise from his countenance. Jisung managed to study Jingyi for a moment whilst he spoke to him, trying to keep his lips from tightening slightly, but whether or not it was as a result of concentration or dislike in what he learned was unknown. His voice and the manner of which he spoke were not unlike the shake. He was evidently well-spoken, but perhaps a little concise, or even curt. And his posture - Did it not hurt his back, straining it that much?
In Jingyi's defense, perhaps Jisung's laid-back nature was reflected in his arguably poor posture, but he felt it more comfortable to slouch. Jisung couldn't understand why Jingyi felt the need to practically be balancing on his tiptoes, but it didn't matter. If he was trying to make himself look better, Jisung was probably taller. Slouching or not.
Admittedly, he found it difficult to suppress a blush at Jingyi saying that Jisung hadn't been expecting any newcomers. He abashedly scratched the back of his head with his hand, grinning and gently shifting his weight from foot to foot.
"Ah, so you heard me say that, huh?" He chuckled somewhat nervously. "I have to admit, I wasn't expecting anyone new, you're right. But that's probably because they contact us before coming."
Jisung made a small note of the undertones of what was perhaps irritation in Jingyi's voice and was quick to make amends.
"But, no. You being here right now is perfectly fine, of course. Even if you don't intend to participate right now, which I must say is a little disappointing." He joked, mischievously weaving in a wink. "However, I have to confess, it's curious how you've been here maybe a minute or so and have already decided it's fun."
Even after he had finished speaking, Jisung's eyes lingered, looking into Jingyi's. He still couldn't determine what he thought of the young man before him. Was he rich? It seemed like it. He carried a certain aura about himself. Pride? Perhaps. What was annoying Jisung was that it was bothering him. Why couldn't he just make a decision on if he liked the guy? He seemed polite enough. Yet, he couldn't help but feel like it was forced. Even when he said 'fun', it sounded like a strain.
"So, uh, right now-" He began, glancing over his shoulder at his class behind him, with the most of them probably around the 20 push-up mark. "They're just warming up before we get into the session. Obviously, that's so nothing decides to go snap whilst we're training. After that, I'll usually demonstrate a combination of attacks, and then they'll spend time practicing on a partner."
He paused for another moment, scrunching his nose slightly as he thought. Jisung was curious about this guy, but couldn't identify why.
"So, I'm curious. What brought you here, exactly, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked, his tone innocent and inquisitive enough to hide his ulterior motives. What exactly was his deal? All he'd really said was his name. Nothing about wanting to get more fit, or even admitting to wanting to release anger. He wasn't normally this nosy, but he supposed he'd just have to dig.

/ / word count - 702
/ / notes - hmm i'm a little worried there isn't enough content for you to write a response to im sorry :c

face claim: zitao
mood: judgy confident
role: muse b
Waraeru Waraeru

jin jingyi

Jingyi watched the members of the kickboxing work while the instructor narrated what was going on. He tilted his head slightly as he focused on the moves. Easy but, they all seemed well behaved. The sport looked like it took a lot of self-discipline. This wouldn’t be a challenge for him at all. The males inflated ego was letting him neglect the fact that his blades of grass for arms were weak. He couldn’t successfully fight someone if it was to save his life.

His thin fingers pushed back his neatly styled hair before they rested back in a tight clasp. He played with the rings adorning his hands as he thought. “So this is how every class starts?” He asked while silently judging the faces of each member. He couldn’t help it; the first thing he looked at was someone’s face.

For him, looks were everything. Maybe that's why he was tolerating Jisung; he was attractive. At the moment, his feelings towards the instructor were positive, but who knew if they'd change? It wasn't the first time he held respect for a man because of their looks. (lmao he's just homo & thirsty, but he won't admit let's be real).

It was like that for his entire family. Being such important social figures, they had to look good. His mother even got a nose job to please his father. They had to be the best-looking family if not the most powerful; always well dressed, have prettiest children, and live in pure luxury. The Chinese pressed loved them, and it seemed like they could do no wrong.

His eyes flickered back to Jisung when he asked why he decided to attend the class. He pondered for a few moments. Should he tell the straight truth? He licked his lips before speaking, “Well, just needed something to do,” He answered. “I don’t have many hobbies, so I decided to entertain myself.” That was part of the truth; he really didn’t of much going on his life. But, he thought it was best to leave out his anger or narcissistic issues.

To tell if taking this class was really worth his time, he wanted to fight Jisung. Challenging the teacher, it made sense. Jisung was the most experienced in there. It wasn’t too much to ask for right? His dad told him to always question the teacher to see if they were qualified.

A smirk appeared on his face as he raised an eyebrow. “Just to make sure, I’d like to duel with you.”
he's back, bb
anyway it's kind of short, forgive me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back