• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom South Park

CommonlyKnownAsAngi

Big Brother is Watching You
Kyle sent a glance behind him before darting into a nearby house. His eyes darted around the living room quickly, and he held his golf club up as soon as the front door was shut behind him. Thankfully, the house seemed to be empty, filled with the same stench of half-rotted food as most places he had come across—most houses were deprived on non-perishables, but luckily enough still contained enough food that the whole house smelled disgusting. It was something that he wished he was used to. He did a sweep of the kitchen and backyard first before going through the upstairs. The signs of a rushed departure littered the bedrooms and the hallway. Probably nothing of use. He dug through the closets anyway, the only thing that was really useful being a new backpack. It was pink, but it was larger than his current pack and the seams weren’t as loose. Definite upside. He glanced out the window. A few zombies trailed lazily up and down the street. Kyle kept his golf club beside him as he transferred the contents of his old backpack to the new one. He lost more and more to this dumb nightmare every day.
No.
He didn’t want to think about that. He had his life. He had his life and he had a weapon. That was enough. He zipped the backpack up and grabbed his club, hurrying down the stairs and heading for the kitchen, ready to see if there was anything loot-able.

It had been a long and hard time since the apocalypse started, and it felt different than anything he had ever went through before. Sure, people said he was unkillable, but with the zombie virius he wasn't exactly going to die. Just become mobilized again when he was dead, so who knew if he was able to return again.

He had not been the most lucky with his searchings, he went to the gun shop in South Park, hoping that there'd be guns left. No such luck, it had been raided already. Which meant he was left with a slingshot that he had found in the backroom. Considering the security of the gunshop, he decided to make it into his makeshift base. He cleaned it up, and added more things to it to keep it from sticking out like a clean patch of concrete surrounded by dirt.

That day, he was going through houses, finding small amounts of food left behind. Killing small animals to eat later on if things didn't go in his favour. He hadn't seen any of his friends for the longest time, not since it all happened. Kenny could only focus on his doings, or else the reality of the situation was going to hit him square in the face. He heard creaking upstairs, he held his slingshot, ready to attack when he saw someone with a familiar face that he was aiming it at.

Kenny knew immediately that it wasn't a zombie, they weren't smart and this person was packing a bag.
"Kyle?"

Kyle froze at the first sign of noise, retreating back up the stairs so that he was protected by the wall rather than the banister. He held his club defensively until he registered a few facts. First of all, it spoke, so it wasn’t a zombie (that could be for better or for worse—humans could be just as dangerous in the current situation). Second, it knew his name, which meant that it was someone from South Park. Third, it...sounded a lot like Kenny.
A part of his heart that he thought he had smothered came up to the surface. Kyle, zombie slayer, was put aside, and he was suddenly Kyle Broflovski, semi-regular teenager, again.
“Kenny?” he peeked around the edge of the wall, ready to run back upstairs if need be—he was getting a little soft at the thought of human company, but he wasn’t stupid enough to let his guard down wholly. “I thought—I thought you might have died."

"Ha, thought I died? I would never. If anyone was going to die, I thought it would have been you." Kenny joked as Kyle spoke back, he smiled and put his slingshot down to his side and moved closer to Kyle. He had a sudden urge to hug his old friend, he hadn't had human contact in ages and it felt liberating knowing there was indeed people alive.

Kenny had tried hard to try and find his sister, with not much luck. After a while, his mind had grown numb to the idea that finding anyone was anywhere near possible. Therefore, he ended up giving up people searching in every shape and form, most of the time it was much too dangerous anyway.
"I can't believe it. Gosh." He whispered to himself as he realized just how real the situation was. Sometimes it felt like the things he saw were fake images of fantasies he wanted to see true. He hoped this one wasn't that.

Kyle hurried the rest of the way down the stairs, a grin on his face, "Hey, what's that supposed to mean? I can fend for myself."
He paused when he and Kenny were close, his arms halfway out as if ready to give a hug. He hesitated, letting his arms fall to his sides. He took a small step forward, "You're...you're really here, right? You're alive?"
Any hint of a smile fell from his face, his expression clearly conveying that he was actively trying to not be hopeful, "This isn't some fucked-up dream, right?"
He reached out again, uncertain to touch Kenny and risk breaking the illusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back