• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Souls Lost on Black Tides [WoD]

NovaPheonix

Drifting Writer
When it comes to WoD cannon I tend to create my own lore or invent my own rules while using the normal lore as a guideline, so feel free to ask me for any lore-based questions if there is confusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demon Rulings

-Demons, for example, are being presented in the fantasy/christian sense here rather than techno-demons like in Descent, but still use Descent rules.

-Aether is similar to Spiritual Essence used by Ghosts, Werewolves, and Spirits, but is different enough not to be identifiable. However, Essense when used by Angels/Demons gives off Aether (similar to Exhaust from a car) that is different than base Essence. This Aether identifiable/detectable by demons.

-I'm trying to move everything into using the most up-to-date version of the rules from NwoD [Descent]. For example, I could have used Inferno or Fallen rules for Pacts, but I'm using the ones from Descent because I want everything to be streamlined under one engine rather than using three different rules.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In general, I expect at minimum one quality post (1 paragraph, propper grammer, reasonable amount of detail, ect.) per week. I will edit posts for grammar and spacing if needed. Smaller posts are excusable if multiple posts are made that week. During combat, players who do not post during the week will have their turn passed (they can take a turn later if they become available).

World of Darkness uses a d10 die pool system where attributes and skills are combined. 8+ on the die is counted as a success and 10s are rerolled.

I also wanted to make a note that I'm applying most of the Stop-Gap Mage Rules, but the Mage 2nd Edition is in development right now and should be released soon.

Mood: Atmospheric, Gothic Port City, Rain and Moon, Espionage/Investigation

Tropes:

Aerith and Bob, Token Black Guy/Gang Banger [Derin], Lonely Rich Kid [saede],

Cue the Rain, The Paranoiac [Yuzuki], Deal with the Devil [Yuzuki/Xanthus]

Themes: Destiny, Shadow-Self, Dreams and Memories, Oaths and Deals

Conflicts: Demons looking for Naomi, Demon Influence growing, Werewolves resurface

Inspirations:

Game of Thrones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Anime Battles, Shadow Hearts

Books Used:

Chronicles of Darkness (WoD 2nd Ed) unless stated otherwise.

Resources for Demons (Using Fallen for Lore)

>World of Darkness Inferno

>Demon the Fallen (CwoD) and Companion Books

>Demon the Descent (NwoD) and Companion Books

Resources for Mages

>Mage the Awakening 1st Edition and Supplements by Request

>Mage Stop-Gap (Waiting for 2nd Edition)

Other Templates

>Werewolf the Forsaken/Pure

>Wraith the Oblivion and Risen, using some NwoD conversion rules as needed.

>Vampire the Requiem 2nd Edition, using 1st Edition rules as desired.

House Rules

My Critical Failure Rules

>A critical failure will result whenever a player fails and there are a number of 1's. If the roll consists of 1-3 dice , a single 1 is needed for a crit fail. Two 1s are needed for a dice roll of 4-6, and anything beyond that requires 3 1s.

On a chance die, the single 1 is treated as normal. Also, if reduced to a negative die, it increases the chance of critical failure on the Chance Die by that much. If half or more of the dice come up 1's and that was a success then that roll is still a success, but something bad happens as a result as well.

-Initiative as dice pool (rather than 1d10+Initiative)

-Templates that have not had their Morality updated to 2nd Ed will use rules closer to 1st Edition.

-Automatic Quickdraw:

Drawing an item from your person or a container on your person is a reflexive action during your turn. If the item is rendered difficult to reach and equip, such as a knife at the bottom of a loaded backpack, make a Dexterity roll with a -1 penalty. On a success, you draw the item as a reflexive item. On a failure, you draw the item as an instant action. On a dramatic failure, you are not able to draw the item during your turn at all.

-Stunting, as judged by the Storyteller.

>Stunt bonus dice can apply to offensive or defensive actions. Simply add the bonus directly to the Defense of the target in the case of defensive stunts. It should be noted, however, that a given stunt is really only worth dice once. Each stunt must be interesting and innovative.

>Interesting Description (+1 die): An attack that uses an interesting description is worth a single extra die. These stunts are the actions of epic heroes, feats impossible to normal people.

>Using Thematic Qualities (+2 dice): Going a step beyond an interesting description, using thematic qualities involves tapping into the symbolic themes or environment already present in the fight.

>Maestro's Performance (+3 dice): Finally, a three-dice stunt is the rarest of them all, because it isn't sufficient that the stunt be described well. Instead, a three-dice stunt is any two-dice stunt that forces the gaming group to concede that the stunt is not only appropriate and impressive but actively adds to the fun of the group.

Forum Rules

-PG-13 Rating for sexual content, unless we work outside the forum.

>Violence and Cursing are allowed.

-Include Dice Rolls in OOC, and make dice rolls before or after a post as needed.

>Remember that, if using the exalted roller, set the difficulty to 8 or just roll 10 sided dice on the normal roller.

>The Storyteller has the right to roll dice privately without posting the results in the OOC.

>For stunts and social rolls I recommend posting first due to the fact that your speech and actions can affect the dice pool.

-I'll be including the session number and scene whenever a scene or session starts and ends.

-PvP is allowed as long as both parties and the GM can agree to reasonable terms on how it is played out. As a general rule, no social rolls against players (or domination type spells) unless that is prefered by the defender.

Beat Exp

5 Beats = 1 Exp

-1 Beat is given for surviving a dangerous situation after taking massive damage, overcoming a condition, or dealing with a Flaw in a significant way.

-1 Beat per Session, a Session is a set of scenes that is declared to end by the GM. Otherwise, refer to time-based beats below.

-1 Beat for completing or working towards a character goal. The goal must be known by the GM or written on the character sheet.

-1 beat is given for risking a possible Breaking Point, which often leads to an Integrity roll and a Condition as well.

-Once per scene, a player can change a normal failure they rolled into a critical failure to earn a beat.

-The GM may award bonus Beats for any reason, mostly for good roleplaying, tactics, ect.

I also tend to give out bonus beats for providing things like fan-fiction or art.

-1 Beat will be given every two weeks of real time, if a session has not ended, but only if the rule of maintaining one quality post per week is met. If a session ends soon after this reward is given, no beat is given for end of session and the time-count is reset.

Willpower is recovered by Resting, Victory in a Scene or Story, or embodying Vice/Virtue. Willpower can be used to gain +3 to a roll, or +2 to a resisted roll (defense).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back