• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: Next - Gen

Zane quietly strolled atop the stairs of Death Weapon Meister Academy, the sounds of his steps echo as he continues to walk. Students would make way as he walked through the various people in his way. He sighed as he kept his hands in his pockets. First day of school, a wonderful day for the students and teachers. He opened the door to his classroom and stepped in, sitting at his desk quietly. He checked his watch and then adjusts his robe. "Hopefully Tamiko isn't late", he thought to himself as he shuffled some papers around, "Not a good way to start off the first day of School." He slowly counted down the seconds to himself when the bell would ring for class, ready for the obnoxious noises of students running into the classroom and shattering the silence of his beautiful classroom.

3... 2... 1... RING!!!

Tamiko was in the room just in time. She looked round the room as she sat in her designated seat. She gave her partner a small smile as she set her bag on the floor by her chair and gave him her attention.

Kelsey yawned as he walked toward his first class of the year. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he walked into the room shooting Tamiko and Zane a smile as he sat in his designated seat near the top. Slumping in his seat he set his head in the palm of his right hand as his other hand reached into his pocket to take out a candy cane. He hoped class began soon.

Milo walked into the classroom, shortly after the bell, he didn't run or funnel just a casual walk as people filed all around him in waves upon waves. Sitting down he looked around for Roxie, "Dang, she's still not here. She's a good person, hopefully a good partner." Grabbing at his headband he began playing with it to pass a little time

Francis walked into class humming a popular song in German as he took his seat. He was excited for his first day and nervous since he hasn't caught sight of Liam this morning. He began to twirl his pencil between his fingers as he waited for the day to begin.

'This is amazing! I finally get to begin my training as a Meister! This is gonna rock!' He thought to himself happily as he began to take notice of the other people in the room at varying desks. 'Everybody here looks just like a normal person. I would've figured theres some kind of defining aspect of the person to kind of show what they're meant for but that doesn't seem to be the case. That's kinda cool actually.' He began to trail off more and more into thought until the ringing of the bell snapped him back to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roxie arrived at the door to the classroom, having fast walked there after the bell rang. She entered, looking around at the others, before heading to her seat. "Morning." She said, to Milo, as she saw him. She slipped around him, and took a seat nearby.

She was wearing her usual attire, a black hoodie jacket, with small ears attached to the top of the hood. The pocket and hood look to be stitched on with orange and white thread. Her pants where a brown color, and were at full length, stopping at the top of her tennis shoes, which were white and black. Close to her knee, on the right pant leg, was the DWMA symbol, again stitched on with the orange and white thread. Underneath the jacket, she had on a plain yellow shirt, which remained visible.

She sighed, pulled her hood onto her head, and brought out her ear-buds and mp3 player. After putting one ear bud in, she turned on her music, and sat back, waiting for class to begin.

Zane sat with his legs crossed on his chair, his robe covering his legs as well. He opened his eyes the moment he heard footsteps clutter around, there were many students for his first time on the job. He looked over to see Tamiko wave at him to which he replied with a kind smile seeing her again. He gave an approving nod at the student known as Kelsey. He looked back over the other students, males and females all over the place. He was about to stand up and walk over to the board when he caught something in his eye, an earbud. He quickly pulled out a throwing knife and threw it at the lone girl with the earbud, hitting the mark right in the edge between the wire of the earbud and her ear, stabbing the wall behind her with a satisfying thud.

"First rule in my class, NEVER listen to music as I tell my lesson, you can keep the knife to remember the first lesson Miss Dailoin. Also, congratulations on being late Mr. Cash", he said, not looking at the group of students.

He waved his hand off dismissively as he turned to the board, writing his name on it in chalk. "Mr. Furukawa: The Blademaster."

Last edited by a moderator:
Tamiko jumped a bit. She should be used to that kind of behavior by now, yet she was always surprised. She let out a quiet sigh through her nose and pulled out a notebook and a pencil.

"Hey, watch it!" Yelled a random student as Erika sprinted by, almost knocking him to the ground.

Erika had a overslept a little bit due to the fact the other night she had lost her eye-patch and spent almost an hour searching for it. She had slept fifteen minutes more than she should. But, it wouldn't matter how hard it could be, Erika would arrive into the class before it was too late. She couldn't afford to make a mistake of such magnitude, specially when this was her first day in the Death Weapon Meister Academy. After some more running and pushing Erika successfully rocketed into the classroom just as the teacher began to write his name on the board.

"Good, I made it in time..." Erika thought, seeming pretty relived, as she sat down on the first row of seats. She didn't seem to pay that much attention to the rest of the students and only focused on the teacher.​

Milo leaned back and grabbed the knife, "Sir I wasn't late, I was just behind the bell." Even though he was a pacifist it didn't mean he couldn't be a smartass. He looked at the teacher, not in a testing manor, but a way most people hate. It's not meant to start fights its just his indifferent face, eyes a quarter of the way down, and normally a smile with it. (The smile isn't meant to piss people off it just happens ok mister, it's not my fault everyone dislikes it I dont have that many looks.)

Zane perked an annoyed eyebrow, "Behind the bell is another word for late, Mr. Cash." He sighed as he simply marked the kid on time with a roll of his eyes. "Since today is your first day, I'll simply be letting you off with a warning today, if this happens again, you'll be marked with two demerits Mr. Cash." He turns around and faces all of the students with his arms together behind his back.

"Now then, I should officially start this day off. Good morning, I am your instructor and your teacher. My name is Mr. Furukawa and welcome to MY class." He said as he paced back and forth. "My class, while it works for capturing kishin souls, is mainly focusing on teamwork, the bond of the weapon and the Meister, and the bond of yet one Meister and weapon between another Meister and weapon." He looked at them all with more of a smirk then a smile, "Now students, please turn to Page 1 of Chapter 1 in your booklets please."

Tamiko turned to the page he instructed to turn to. Man, the sass in her classmates... On the first day, too! She let out a silent sigh, reading the words on the page. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to wet the dry scleras and pupils.

The silver haired woman took some notes in her notebook over the material, jotting down notes over the subject.

"Wei, please be more attentive. Class is about to start." A small voice came from a skinny flat-chested girl with clothes and hair that had no pigment. She nudged the boy to her left who seemed like a sibling, due to their similarities in their looks. The girl shuffled her books around and got her pencil out.

The boy moaned a bit in agony. Apparently his name was Wei, well according to the girl. He snapped up all of the sudden and nearly punched his sister. "W-what the hell you said class started early today?"

"It was the only way to get you to come here at least on time. We cant be late on the first day." The girl flinched a bit and snapped a look at the boy. Luckily she was able to trick Wei into coming earlier otherwise he never would of come in.

He looked over at the two students, twins they seemed to be. "Hey! Keep quiet!", Zane exclaimed, throwing a pencil at the boy, hitting him smack dab in the center of his forehead. He cleared his throat as he returned to the lessonbook.

"Now! As I resume my lecture, The Bond between a meister and a weapon is a strong one. Or at least MUST be. Fear of a weapon losing control of their form is a horrible reality. Bonds are what keeps meisters and weapons strong."

Zane clears his throat again as he coughs, looking back to the students. "Bonds not only keep control, but increase powers as well. When a meister with his/her weapon, soul bonds with another meister with his/her weapon, their souls amplify each other, making each other stronger then the latter."

Goddammit. I knew I shouldn't have pressed the snooze button...

Talon grumbled angrily to herself as she scaled the side of the monster of a building known as DWMA. The sun in the sky laughed on, seemingly at her current debacle. Ms. Talon Mortifena did a great job in sleeping in on this morning; the morning of her first day back at school no less. She'd barely set a foot on campus before the bell rang, which automatically deemed her late for class. Brilliant. So Shinigami like, amirite? It would've taken her too long to simply walk to her classroom. Climbing staircase after staircase after staircase...not to mention there was the threat of running in to a rogue teacher who would possibly have the power to chew her out for being late. She'd rather not have to deal with that, thank you. But if she had to, it'd be easier if it were coming from her designated teacher. That would be inevitable if she just waltzed in through the front door of the classroom.

So what was plan B? Scale the side of the school. No big deal. She knew what classroom it was, what floor, etc. She was lucky enough to figure out it had a window too, or else this idea would've been a tad bit harder. Her only other option would have been to climb up to a balcony and walk the rest of the way, which would've ended the same way as climbing all the stairs and all that jazz. She hung off a brick for a moment and wiped a bead of sweat from her brow. "Happy first day of school," she muttered to herself before starting to climb again. It was too damn hot today to be forced to come to school. That's probably another reason why the damn sun was laughing so hard. Oh, I'll be super hot today, that way the day will be ten times harder! That had to have been it's thought process...if it could think, that is.

If Talon was lucky, the teacher was also late, and she was moments away from beating them to class. Which would mean she technically WASN"T late. Ha. Wouldn't that be special. And highly unlikely. For all she knew, she had an overly competent teacher who slept in the classroom the night before to assure they wouldn't be late. She huffed again just as she made it up to the window she was looking for. She hoisted herself up so she was level with the nob that would open the pane. She jingled it, trying to be as stealthy as she could, and it popped open with a distinct 'click'.

She quietly pushed it open and peered into the room. She was met with the sight of a full classroom, and a teacher at the board. And look. He'd already written his name. AND he was already starting a lesson.

A deadpan fell over her face. "Sh*t," she muttered to herself. "Welp." She pulled herself the rest of the way up through the window and down to the floor, quietly guiding the pane shut with her foot on the way in. Hey, she wasn't going to stop her stealth mode JUST yet. She quietly somersaulted to her left toward an empty seat she'd managed to point out and stood up, throwing herself into it and leaning back with her hands above her head, trying to catch her breath.

At least I made it.

Zane sighed as he facepalms himself with one hand, and throws yet another throwing knife, hitting the wall right next to the side of the so-called "Sneaky" girl's cheek, barely scratching it. He stood up and returned to the board, writing examples of souls and their wavelengths as he calls out to the girl, "Miss, you are a tad bit late, what is your name. You shall receive a demerit, but if you try to avoid telling me your name, or lie about your name, expect 2-3 demerits." He speaks as he continues to write on the board, not even looking at the girl.

Tamiko sighed softly. Some people were having some pretty bad first days. She looked at her partner as he lectured the new arrival. He was very serious, and she liked that about him. If he wasn't so serious, they wouldn't mesh so well together and get so much done. His strict, serious attitude balanced out her laid back and 'go-along-to-get-along' tendencies.

Talon barely flinched as the knife was thrown at her. She merely raised a brow and cocked her head to the side slightly. She rubbed at her cheek, as to assure there was no blood. Teacher man had eyes on the back of his head, eh? Even better. Not.

She pursed her lips and turned her head to look at the knife embedded into the wall. She examined it for a moment before reaching up and pulling it from it's curtailment. "Make it 5 demerits and I'll even tell you why I was late," she replied, leaning back into her chair and spinning the knife between her fingers. "Sleek," she commented, tossing it up in the air and catching it after it spun 3 times. "It's Talon, professor. Please go on, I'd hate to interrupt."

Zane simply laughed as he heard her comeback, he waved a finger over at her. "Cocky, I like that. I'll do it like the rest of the students, since again, its your first day, there will be no demerits, but if anyone is late again, expect 2 demerits for one." He turned around after showing a diagram of a balance between a meister and a weapon's soul, with the bond in between. He looked back at the students, adding the new one, with his hands to his back. Standing professionally as he explained the power of a bond and the balance of a Soul Wavelength. "Now students, open your workbooks to page 1 and begin answering your work questions, I'll give you a few minutes in class before you have to take it home", he said, sternly, as he slowly walked back to his desk.

"It's not cockiness, sir. It's sarcasm," Talon muttered. She continued to spin the knife around between her fingers, finding some sort of pleasure in it. She was overjoyed to hear that she wouldn't be getting any demerits, however. She found more joy in hearing that than the weapon she just obtained. Yeah, she showed blunt sarcasm toward the subject, but in reality she was a pretty dedicated student. A blemished record was a no-no. Sometimes she had her days, unfortunately. It was going to be a hobby of hers this year to assure she didn't screw up again like she had today. And if this happened again, she'd just have to scale the building a lot faster.

She listened to the rest of the lesson lazily. She gradually zoned in and out and even yawned once or twice. We can chock that up to the early hour she forced herself to get up (even though she had slept in, she wasn't a morning person regardless). Once it was over, she was happy to hear that they would be partaking in book work. Goody, something she could speed through. Then she could zone out for the rest of class. Maybe even take a nice little catch-up nap. Scaling buildings after rising early usually resulted in fatigue, you know. She pulled out the assigned workbook and promptly began the work.

Francis let out a small sigh when he heard the teacher say bookwork. He hated having to learn like this, but he really had no other choice. He pulled out his book and started reading the questions lazily. After a few minutes he finally noticed something that had been feeling 'off' this whole time. His partner wasnt anywhere to be seen in the classroom! He started looking around to see if they had just sat in different places but he couldn't spot him anywhere. He turned around and sighed again as he got back to working on the questions.

"Perfect, first day and my weapon is absent. This year is definitely off to a good start." He muttered to himself as he did his assignment.

Wei and Leblanc both sighed in unison and began working on the assignments before them. Wei looked at some of the girls, seeing if any caught his eye. He already had one in mind. "Pssst. Blanco (this was his nickname for her), Lets try to get into a supervised fight. I want to show us off." Wei leaned over to her and she gave an evil look.

"Hell no I am not going to get in a fight! i pulled my leg muscle from training last night!" Leblanc snapped back, yet quietly. The girl shook her head and looked back to her papers.

Wei slammed his head into the desk and groaned. He really thought this girl was pretty! All pretty girls like a guy with muscles. "You wouldnt of had a pulled muscle if you didnt train all damn long day!" The boy sighed.

Talon completed her work rather quickly. "And...done," she announced to herself just as she slammed the book shut. Once again, she slumped back into her chair, sighing to herself. "Easy peasy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back