• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sorcery!!! (Completed)

"No, the Analander King destroyed it. I sealed it in time. You must have noticed that, you have been using your Beacon to unravel my magic. The magic that I set to give my people some peace before I can undo what was done!" He slammed his palm against the desk, suddenly enraged. There was a tear at the corner of his eye. "I know, there was no other way for you to come here and finish your quest." He took a deep breath to calm down. "You have been compelled to march here, by your lying King. I have simply armed myself to protect against him."

- "It is my mission."
- "Give me Crown and end this."
- "The King did not lie."

>> "Give me the Crown and end this." <<
Blue eyes sharpened as the Archmage slammed his hand against the desk, her body instantly recoiling in her seat. "Why would my King have destroyed Ishtara?" Aquila replied sharply, unsure who to believe anymore. "The Beacon takes me back in time before the lands were destroyed. It was not my King's name that they cursed there." She whispered softly. "Give me the Crown and let us end this."

"For once in your life, think for yourself, Aquila." The Archmage said, standing up.

Aquila could feel her magical barrier falter. It would fade soon.

She had heard the story of Ishtara from other people. Gaza Moon hinted at the power of the Crown and how it was too much for anyone. Xirin spoke about Ishtara being destroyed by the conflict between the King and the Archmage. Many people believed her to be the doom, yet also many people wanted her to be their salvation. Were the Archmages intentions good or bad? Was Aquila deceived from the start? Or was this all just the last attempt from the Archmage to fool her?

- Take the Crown from him.
- Trust his words.

>> Take the Crown from him <<
"I cannot just think for myself," Aquila said as she stood up from her chair. The lives of many rested on her shoulders whether she chose to acknowledge that or not. "But I think we're all fools to believe we aren't being manipulated by the Crown." She breathed, hands clenched into fists as she felt her barrier falter. There wasn't much time left as they'd spoken for too long. "The Crown must be destroyed." And then she was reaching for the Crown.

The Archmage did not protest as she removed the circlet from his forehead. Instead he just slumped down in the chair.

"I used to be just a scholar once. Your Kings starved out my people, cut off our supplies, forced us to bring wagons from the east. Your King destroyed Tinpang and the Baklands, believe it or not."

He was nothing but a crumpled shell now. And aged relic that should have been dust a hundred years before. Perhaps he did have noble intentions once, perhaps he really tried to help his people, but the Crown eventually gave him too much power and he was not able to control it, just like all the others.

- Break the Crown.
- Put the Crown in your pack.
- Put the Crown on your head.

>> Break the Crown <<

Aquila shivered at the emptied look in the Archmage's eyes, as if he'd been hollowed out and left to be a shell of his former self. Once upon a time she would have leapt to her King's defence or even been swayed by his words. But things had changed and now the only way she could truly stop this was to destroy the Crown. To put an end to the cycle of the Crown's absolute and corrupting powers that seemed to drive sane people mad.

"I cannot be entirely confident in whose views I believe anymore," Aquila said softly, giving the Archmage a sympathetic glance before she stared down at the Crown. It seemed so small and harmless to be surrounded by such shadow. "All I can do is try to stop this from ever happening again." With that said she turned her attention on the destruction of the circlet before her magical protection ran out.

And the circled snapped. With so little pressure, like it was made out of glass. A Sun Stone fell out of it, rolling across the floor. The pieces fell on the boards, turning into dust as soon as they landed. It was done, the Crown was gone.

The Archmage let out a pitiful wail as he watched it disappear. He suddenly looked even more ancient.

- Kill the Archmage.
- Tie him up.
- Leave him there.

>> Kill the Archmage <<

Aquila's gaze followed the Sun Stone as it rolled across the floor and she distantly wondered whether she needed to pick that up. Numbness followed her actions as she recognised what the next step must be. She'd promised Shank that she'd kill the Archmage and as she looked upon the old withered man she realised it was probably crueller to leave him alive.

"I am sorry that it had to end like this," Aquila whispered as her hand twitched around the hilt of Rhain's long knife. "May you find peace among the stars." She murmured before pushing the blade through his heart. It wasn't until she'd stumbled backwards that Aquila realised she was crying, genuine tears streaming down her face as she struggled to remain standing on shaky legs.

He left her no choice after all. The Archmage's look was empty even as the blade cut through his robes and his flesh. Even as the blood streamed down his chest. Even as his tired body slid back into his chair.

There was no change in the air, as one might have expected.

Nothing, expect the doors behind her bursting open and hands wrapping around her in a tight embrace.

"I am so, so sorry." Rhain whispered in her ear, his voice trembling. "I was so convinced that I had to kill you. I... was not myself." He moved slightly then, but still not letting go of her. "Also you have no idea how to tie someone up."

- Answer.
- Hug him back.
- Kiss him.

>> Kiss him <<
The loud bang of the doors bursting open caused the red-head to jerk into awareness, only a familiar pair of arms managed to stop her from violently spinning around to face her perpetrator. Rhain's voice in her ear caused her to tense for one painful moment of recollection before she registered his words. Aquila laughed at his comment -- an awful, painful, wet sound -- as her knees almost gave out. Instead she turned to face him, gently cupping his face between her hands.

"I believed you," Aquila admitted in a small moment of vulnerability. At first she'd panicked at his honesty but then he'd seemed so sure, so controlled, so cold and unlike himself. "But I know... I know the power of the Crown now. And it's over." She shuddered and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead like he'd first given her. "It's finally over." It was a whisper now, her forehead falling to rest against his chest as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"It's done." Rhain said, holding her in a protective hug. It lasted for but a moment longer, before the assassin asked. "How are we going to get out of here?" He moved away, inspecting the window. "There will be chaos now in the Fortress and I don't believe it for a second that all of the Archmage's guards are good people. We can't fight our way out."

Through the opened window of the turret Aquila could see the armies still fighting. They looked tiny though and it was impossible to see what exactly was happening. And then it came on the wind, a sound she knew. The calling of the Eagle. She heard it, but she could not see it.

- Jump down with Rhain.
- Try getting through the Fortress.

>> Jump down with Rhain <<
"The Eagles?" Aquila murmured curiously as she ventured over to the window, standing beside Rhain as she peered out. The battle was still raging on despite the destruction of the Crown. They needed to get down there quickly. "I think if we jump out this window then they'll catch us." She offered lightly, stepping onto the window sill as she peered down. Blue eyes were turned onto Rhain, if he refused to take the leap then she'd have to fight her way out with him. "Are you ready to jump?"

"No, I'm not." Rhain said, but still he took her arm and pulled her down, not letting either of them have a moment longer to think, lest they changed their minds.

And then they were falling. Fast and down below any point where an Eagle could have flown. The tumbled, the great walls of the tower flashing by, the mountains coming up to meet them.

Then there was a sudden rush of air above them. Claws caught her shoulders, yet gentle. Rhain let out a gasp as he was caught as well.

"This is... something." He said, hands reaching up to take a hold of the Eagle's feet, not completely trusting the bird.

But they were both caught and the Royal Eagles would not let them fall down.

--

The two of them were left off on a field, a little further away from the battle. The bloody carnage looked to be over as they approached, yet the field was littered with corpses.

Ruven was the first one to run up to her, shaking her hand swiftly, a grave expression on his face.

"I think you succeeded. The Archmage's forces surrendered. It took us too long to realise that." Aquila could see beyond Ruven now. What little was left alive of the Archmage's forces was now gathered together as the werewolves patrolled around them. They slaughtered them even as they surrendered. So big was the anger of the people. "You still saved us." Ruven said, breaking the silence. "Most of us."

- Ask about Shank.
- Ask about Halla.
- Ask about Yan.
- Ask about Xirin.

>> Ask about Yan <<
The circumstances of the battle caused her to grimace; that the Archmage's army's surrender had been ignored and that they'd been continuously slaughtered. When Ruven greeted her with a handshake she made sure to pull him into a relieved hug, regardless of whether he wanted such a thing. Aquila was just happy that one of her friends had survived the battle.

"Shank is dead," Aquila acknowledged sombrely and hoped that neither of the men would comment on the way her voice broke when she said his name. "Is... Yan... please tell me he's still alive?" She whispered quietly. It was impossible to imagine the sweet, head-strong little Minimite being anything but alive and demanding of attention.

"What-" Ruven tried as he hugged him, then patted her back once and moved away with a smirk. "The stubborn Orc is alive. Werewolves have amazing regenerative powers it seems. He is missing a couple of fingers and an ear, but I think it improved his appearance." The Elvin smiled, it was apparent that he too had been worried about the Orc at some point.

"Yan is alive and well too. So is Halla, but she is the only Satyr left now." He frowned. "Her people rushed into the fray along with Shank's Wolves when you disappeared. For some reason, everyone seemed to like that crazy Orc."

Ruven then scanned Rhain, as if seeing him for the first time and when the assassin did not move to introduce himself, the Elvin shrugged and turned to walk away, gesturing for them to follow.

Before Aquila could move, Rhain grabbed her by the elbow. "I'm leaving." He said. "This fight might be over, but nothing has changed for me. I still serve Sindla and I must return to continue my work."

- Ask him to stay.
- Ask to go with him.
- Let him go.

>> Ask him to stay <<
"Shank is... alive?" Aquila breathed as she almost choked on her own breath. To hear that that troublemaker of an Orc was still alive and kicking was beyond anything she could have hoped for. Shank, Ruven, Yan, and Halla. All of them had survived the battle. Her answering smile was blinding in its intensity, only to be diminished by Rhain's hand on her elbow and his hurried explanations.

"What? N-No, stay!" Aquila whispered hurriedly, her own hand coming up to grasp his in genuine desperation to keep him close. "Stay until I've said my goodbyes then let me come with you."

Rhain snorted. Then suddenly laughed. "You are hopeless. You would abandon Analand to pursue a life with me? You know I can't promise you safety." Then he brushed her cheek with a thumb gently. "But, after killing the Archmage, I guess you don't need to be protected." He sighed. "I'll wait for you in the forest. Hurry up."

--

When Rhain went away and Ruven led her into the encampment she saw tired and injured people opening barrels and pouring ale, laughing and drinking. The Elvin were the loudest.

"Maybe we should mourn the dead, but I think it's better to pay the respects by toasting in their honour." Ruven said, approaching his people.

She could see that the tent were still there, the same as the night before. She could also see the crown of prisoners, just beyond the camp limits.

- Find Halla.
- Find Shank.
- Find Xirin.
- Stay with Ruven.

>> Find Shank <<
As Ruven returned to his people she immediately turned and headed for Shank's tent. Amidst all the death and loss from the battle Aquila should have felt guilty for her sudden rush of excitement at knowing he'd survived. She'd been so confident that he'd died and yet he'd proved her wrong again. This was the second time Aquila had thought Shank had reached death's door, hopefully this would be the last.

She found Shank lying on his cut inside the tent. He was wrapped almost head to toe in bandages, his right hand secured firmly, but he was very much conscious.

"I knew I smelled magic." He said with a grin the moment she walked inside. "Everyone says the Crown is gone." He nodded with approval. "Good, it shouldn't have been made in the first place." He tried to rise up, but he failed and groaned in frustration. "Did you flail the skin off of that bastard?" He asked through gritted teeth.

- Answer.

>> Answer <<
"I thought you were dead," Aquila whispered as she ventured over to Shank's side, though her lips were pulled up in a wide, watery smile. "You must enjoy making me cry at this point, hmm?" Careful not to hurt him she leaned down to press a gentle kiss to his bandaged forehead and then quickly retreated a few steps backward. He wasn't going to like what she had to say about the Archmage.

"Once I had taken the Crown from him the Archmage turned out to be just an empty, bitter old man who thought he could control a power greater than himself," Aquila said quietly, blue eyes glazed over as she recalled the conversation and the hollowed look in his eyes. "But he... is dead now." She confirmed, slanting the Orc a tired smile. "I made you a promise after all, huh?" But that wasn't the only reason she'd done it and Aquila knew that. In a sense killing the Archmage had felt like mercy, the only thing she had left to give.

"It's what I do. I break hearts and rip out throats." Shank laughed, then held onto his side with his free hand, grimacing in pain.

"Good. You killed the bastard." Shank nodded as she finished speaking. "I don't care what he was, he needed an axe to the head." Her growled, but soon contained himself and turned to Aquila. "Now go become the Warleader of your Analand and we will speaking about uniting our tribes." He gave her a savage grin.

- Seek out someone else.
- Leave.

>> Seek out someone else: Xirin <<
"Actually, I have some luck of my own to follow now," Aquila smiled, throwing a secretive wink in Shank's direction before she turned toward the exit. She paused briefly. "Hopefully we'll meet again, Shank." And then she was stepping outside his tent back into the camp. There was one last person that she wanted to see before she met with Rhain; he wouldn't want to be kept waiting for long after all. Aquila just wanted to know whether Xirin survived and what would happen to the prisoners now.

Xirin was tied up with the others, but he was the easiest to spot. His while hair and white and silver armour stood out even though they were matted and muddy. The Werewolf guards let her pass to see the Elf, but still they watched her with reluctance. It will be difficult for everyone from now on to trust sorcerers, no matter how good they were.

"It's done." Xirin spoke the moment she came to stand in front of him. His hands were tied behind his back so he could not cast spells. He was no longer bleeding from the sustained wounds, but he looked exhausted. "Thank you. I don't suppose you want to set me free?" He tried with a weak smile.

- Release him.
- Leave him, but put in a good word with Ruven.
- Leave him.

>> Release him <<
"Oh?" Aquila's lips curved up at the edges at his request in an almost feline smile, her gaze flickered over her shoulder toward the guards watching them. The likelihood of them cutting either of them down was a lot higher if she released the Elf. But leaving Xirin like this wasn't fair especially when she was about to disappear. Her expression was notably softer when she turned back to him, pale hands coming to silently untie the bonds that held his hands together. "Just like old times, huh?" She prompted gently, giving him an almost fond look. "I hope you find freedom or whatever it is that you're looking for in this life, Xirin."

The Werewolves snarled as soon as they saw her untie his bonds. They rushed through the prisoners to get to them and they would not be gentle about it.

"Give me the amulet back, quick." Xirin said urgently and as soon as it was handed to him he whispered a spell, one hand holding hers.

--

The two of them were in the forest now, away from the army, away from the camp, away from the angry Werewolves. While surely Ruven and Shank would understand, Aquila could not go back to explain in to them now, it would be too soon.

"Thank you again." The Elf spoke, still holding her hand. "I did not expect you to do it. I did murder many even before I was under the Crown's influence, but still somehow you had some faith in me." He shook his head with a smile. "I think I am going to disappear for a couple of years. Then I might return to Mampang, with time the Fortress will need a new Archmage." He let go of her hand and whispered a spell and was gone again, leaving only his slightly ominous words behind.

- Call for Rhain.
- Call for the Eagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back