• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Sootspire Village] A Bathhouse Is For The Greater Good!

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it. This is a closed RP. Please check the Isekai Hell OOC/discord to meet with other folk for other RP opportunities.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Amanda Uasal Uasal

Regula felt an odd mixture of nerves and excitement. With all sorts of new developments having taken place in the barony, she was eager for the next big thing. Luckily, she knew exactly what she wanted that to be. A revolution in hygiene, comfort and luxury. Except... she wasn't sure how to get it done. There was one thing she did know, however, which was to get it run past Amanda first. She'd really prefer not to upset the girl again, as she was well-aware that losing such talent would be a bad thing for the barony. Hopefully her words after the shrine had been placed had calmed Amanda down a bit? Either way, today was a new day, a new plan and a new approach.

She ended up finding Amanda where she thought she'd be. The library/archives, working on yet another project. “Ah, Amanda, good morning.” She'd greet her, but she figured she'd best get straight to business. It was too early to be beating around the bush. “I'd like to discuss a future plan of mine with you, could you come to my office for a bit?” Luckily, the office was merely the next-door over. Still, it'd make any back and forth that might follow a bit more private.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1702339267680.jpeg
High-Human, Renowned Craftswoman of Sadek County, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

Amanda was engrossed in the delicate examination of the time-distorting artifact she had sprawled across the worn wooden table in the library/archives. The faint glow emitted by the enigmatic object reflected in her focused eyes as she meticulously studied its intricate details. She had found it recently in a nearby dungeon of sorts. The device alone was more advanced than anything she had ever seen before, even by her old life's standards. It was a mystery, a well of knowledge she could tap and probe to better understand how to better her craft.

Regula's entrance disrupted Amanda's quiet exploration, prompting her to carefully set the artifact aside. She raised her gaze to acknowledge the Baroness with a nod, the gears of her mind still turning with the possibilities embedded in the ancient relic. "Good morning, Baroness," Amanda greeted, her tone carrying both politeness and the lingering excitement of scholarly discovery. The library had become a sanctuary for Amanda, a space where the past whispered its secrets to those willing to listen.

As Regula proposed a discussion of a future plan, Amanda's curiosity shifted from the artifact to the Baroness. Her eyes met Regula's, a silent acknowledgment of readiness to engage in whatever dialogue awaited. "Certainly," Amanda replied, her voice a calm river amidst the intellectual currents. Rising from her seat, she followed Regula to the adjoining office, the transition from the archive's hushed ambiance to the privacy of the office marking a shift in the nature of their conversation.

Seated across from Regula in the office, Amanda's posture retained its characteristic attentiveness. The room held a different energy, one that hinted at the weight of decisions and plans yet to be unfolded. "So, what's on your mind?" Amanda inquired, her gaze unwavering. Her mind, ever analytical, was ready to absorb the details of Regula's plan, hoping for a collaborative discussion that would benefit the barony without sacrificing the careful considerations of city planning and zoning.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

As an artisan, her interest was piqued by whatever device Amanda seemed to be tinkering with. It certainly looked well-crafted and possibly more than a little enchanted, yet she managed to focus on what she was actually planning to talk about... but not before carefully testing the waters. “I hope that you're no longer troubled by the shrine's location and that your recent expedition went well?” She asked, two questions she wanted to have asked before getting into thick of it.

“As for what's on my own mind...” She wondered how to phrase it tactically. “A bit over a year ago, I was in the Aslan with Aria, where we visited a bathhouse. It's been on my mind since. Not only is it good for hygiene, it is a staple of luxury and comfort. All in all, I feel like it'd be a great show of progress within our barony if we managed to construct one of our own.” That and she'd just really like to have one for her own relaxation, which was an easy [Insight C] thing to figure out.

That said, she also knew they were a tad lacking on an important front. “Although I fear we'd lack the magic knowledge or naturally heated water, or water at all, to make it properly functional. Perhaps it would be possible to find some underground water supplies, or redirect water from the mountains along the border with an aqueduct? That might also help with crops if there's ever a drought.” Well, that was enough speculation, it'd be best to leave it to the expert now. “Do you think making one would be possible?”

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1702637230561.jpeg
High-Human, Renowned Craftswoman of Sadek County, Business Expert, Warfare Expert, Agriculture Expert, Architecture Expert, Engineering Expert, Law Expert, Investigation Expert, Mining Expert, Expert Tinkerer, Expert Artificer, Expert Enchanter, Advisor of Caelia, Ambitious, Strategist, Girl on Fire, Flatterer, Celestine Academy Alumni, Nomad, Crafter, Singularity Known

The Baroness's careful inquiries about the shrine and Amanda's recent expedition were met with a composed nod and a polite smile. "Thank you for your concern. The expedition was fruitful, and I've moved past the matter of the shrine's location," she replied, her tone reflecting a willingness to discuss the proposed topic.

As Regula transitioned into the main point of the conversation—the prospect of constructing a bathhouse—Amanda's intrigue deepened. The artisan within her recognized the significance of such a project, not only for the practical benefits of hygiene but also for the cultural and symbolic impact it could have on the barony.

Regula's honesty about her own experience in the Aslan and the desire for a bathhouse for personal relaxation didn't escape Amanda's perceptive gaze. Nevertheless, the practical challenges were apparent, and Amanda appreciated the Baroness's acknowledgment of their limitations, especially in terms of magic knowledge and a natural water supply.

Amanda leaned back in her chair, her fingers tapping thoughtfully on the table. "Constructing a bathhouse is indeed a noteworthy endeavor," she began, her mind already whirring with possibilities. "Addressing the water supply issue is crucial. Redirecting water from the mountains with an aqueduct could work, and as you mentioned, it might prove beneficial for agricultural purposes as well."

She paused, considering the magical aspect. "As for heating the water, magical solutions exist. We could explore options like fire elementals or enchanted heating stones. It would require careful planning and enchanting, but it's certainly feasible."

Amanda's analytical mind was already working out the logistical challenges, her expression a blend of thoughtful consideration and professional determination. "I believe it's possible, Baroness. With careful planning and the right resources, we can bring this vision to life and showcase a new facet of progress within our barony. But the first step will be securing a water source and pathway for said water from the mountains to the town. An aqueduct is no small undertaking. But, fortunately, I've already drawn up such plans."

She took a moment to gather her thoughts before continuing, "In exchange for my expertise and assistance in the construction of the bathhouse, I would like to request a plot of land for my personal use. A space where I can establish a workshop and continue my craft unhindered. It would allow me to contribute more effectively to the barony's growth and innovation."

Amanda's request was measured, and her gaze held a blend of sincerity and determination. The prospect of having a dedicated space for her craft resonated deeply with her, and she hoped that Regula would recognize the value of fostering her continued contributions to the barony.

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

It seemed like her strategic approach had paid off. Not only that, her proposal wasn't outright denied, suggesting that it was not merely her own desire that drove her. Truth be told, there were a few points at which she'd doubted herself in that regard.

That said, it sounded like it was time to discuss real business. “How long and costly do you think constructing aqueducts will be?” She'd seen some of Amanda's hammer-magic, so she assumed it wouldn't take the years it might take normally.

She nodded at suggestion of using magic for heating water. “I'm only worried some magic solutions might be rather expensive. Truth be told, I only know enchanting in as far as it's on tools for which people supply the mana. If it's a device that's meant to be functional without being supplied mana, I'm not sure how to make it work or how to get a stable and affordable mana supply.” That was the part she was most worried about. Some fire magic enchantments on a kettle might already get you warmed-up water, but having it do so without being granted mana through someone else's magic might be the tougher part. “I'd even consider using simple wood-fires to boil water and save cost, but it'd be a lot less efficient and far less prestigious.”

Her wings flapped a bit in excitement upon hearing there were already plans for an aqueduct. “I'd love to see them.” She replied without hesitation.

She was a tad more hesitant when Amanda asked for a plot of land. However, she knew that keeping a talent like Amanda around would likely pay itself off in no-time. Having her build a workshop here wasn't just a sign of good-will, it'd also be something that would have her returning to this place. “That would be acceptable, although we'd have to discuss the size and location. I'd rather not have it too close to our towns and you gave people a bit of a scare when the entire town shook the day before.” She admitted. “Perhaps somewhere along the way towards Sootspire would be suitable? It has some large open areas and would be closer to the mines and their resources.”

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1702751355509.jpeg

Amanda listened attentively as Regula responded favorably to her request, a sense of relief washing over her. The prospect of having her own workshop within the barony was a significant step forward, one that would undoubtedly enhance her contributions to the growth and innovation of the region. "I require quite a sizeable plot and would also request the rights to both the land below the plot and the skies above. In return, I'll personally see that the main roads surrounding the plot are modernized providing you with logistical infrastructure between the industrial heart of your barony and the capital town. But we can leave that discussion until later when I've drafted the agreement and gone through it."

As the conversation shifted to the practicalities of constructing aqueducts and the magical aspects of heating water, Amanda considered the challenges ahead. She offered thoughtful insights, "Constructing aqueducts with traditional methods could take a considerable amount of time, but with the use of my enchanted hammer, we could expedite the process significantly. The cost would depend on the scale and materials required, but I can provide a more accurate estimate once we finalize the plans."

However, as Regula expressed concerns about the potential expense of magical solutions for heating water, Amanda's mind pivoted. She suggested an alternative approach, "Baroness, I propose we reconsider the aqueduct approach for the bathhouse in particular though. Instead, we could focus on a more magic-oriented solution. Using water gems and fire gems secured from the Sootspire mines, we could create a standalone project specifically designed for the bathhouse. While the cost may be higher, amenities such as a bathhouse are not built with the intent to save money but instead to flaunt it. This approach would also align with the barony's commitment to progress and innovation, showcasing the use of magical resources for luxurious and efficient solutions."

She leaned back in her chair, gauging Regula's reaction to the proposal. The idea of a more magical and prestigious bathhouse seemed to align with the Baroness's desire for progress and luxury, and Amanda believed it could be a distinctive feature that set their barony apart. "Ultimately I can create your Aquaduct with barony funding as per the budget and its constraints. That is no issue if I mobilize my connections and utilize my hammer to the fullest extent, in fact, I could likely have the project finished within three months. However, if you would like to proceed with the luxury bath house idea, I will have to ask that you accompany me to the Soothspire mines tomorrow morning. We'll need to prospect for the gems required and I'll need a suitable guard to cover me while I focus on mining and securing the integrity of the tunnel."

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

She nodded at the first part of the request. A size-able plot of land wouldn't be too difficult. There was a lot of empty space between Stonewall and Sootspire alone. Rights to both the land and the skies above were a tad more challenging. “I'd have to reconfirm how much I can grant without consulting the Count, as well as what claims the Sky Kingdoms might hold. Otherwise I'd be willing to grant you both.” She replied, explaining why she wasn't instantly agreeing. The return of investment wasn't something Regula was too hesitant about. She had a fair bit of faith in that regard.

At the mention of finalising plans, Regula nodded. “I'd gladly leave you to it, in that case.” That's what Amanda was advising for, after all... until she mentioned the usage of magic alone. “You do have a point, but I'm not entirely sure if we're in a position to do so just yet. Aqueducts are a clearer sign of progress for everyone involved, as they would provide easier access to clean water for most people. Using gems alone might get those that won't be able to afford visiting the bathhouse riled up, especially with the associated costs.” She feared the plan would backfire at this stage, although she wasn't entire sure. “We'd have to find a way around that, to ensure it's seen as a progress not exclusively catering to the elite, even though I'd personally favour such an idea, I have to think about the overall populace as well.” It was clear she was feeling conflicted.

When Amanda mentioned connection, Regula perked up. “Right.” She rummaged through some papers in her desk, until she pulled out a few showing some basic contracts that showed her [Connected C] to the Merchant's Guild. “I was able to close ties with the Merchants, so we might be able to call in a few favours. Especially if we were to hint at being willing to share some of our designs in the long run.” Regula did, however, chuckle at Amanda's suggestion of having her come along to the Soothspire mines. “I'd be my honour to personally ensure your safety, milady~” She joked. Then she got a tad more serious. “Prospecting wouldn't be a bad idea either way, as I'm curious if those gems could be found in decent enough quantities to begin with.” She was growing curious as to what her land had to offer.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1702950528432.jpeg

Amanda appreciated Regula's understanding regarding the allocation of land and the potential complications with the Sky Kingdoms. The Baroness's commitment to consult with the Count demonstrated a thoughtful approach to governance, and Amanda respected the need for due diligence in such matters.

The conversation then shifted to the proposed magical approach for the bathhouse, and Regula expressed valid concerns about the potential perception of exclusivity. Amanda listened attentively, understanding the delicate balance between progress and catering to the broader population. "You make a valid point, Baroness. Accessibility is crucial, and we wouldn't want the project to be perceived as exclusive. Perhaps we could explore a hybrid approach, integrating both aqueducts and magical solutions. This way, we address the future need for abundant clean water access while incorporating the magical elements of the bathhouse itself. It could be a phased project that demonstrates a commitment to progress for all."

As the discussion continued, Regula revealed her connections with the Merchants' Guild, suggesting the possibility of leveraging favors and sharing designs. Amanda nodded in approval, recognizing the potential benefits of such alliances. "That's an excellent strategy, Baroness. Collaboration with the Merchants' Guild could indeed provide valuable resources and support for our endeavors."

Regula's lighthearted remark about accompanying Amanda to the Soothspire mines earned a small smile, and the more serious suggestion of prospecting resonated with Amanda's adventurous spirit. "I appreciate your willingness to ensure my safety, Baroness. Prospecting in the Soothspire mines sounds like a promising venture. It would not only provide insights into the availability of the required gems but also uncover the potential resources that our land holds. I'm eager to explore this opportunity and contribute to the barony's prosperity."

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

She nodded at Amanda's suggestion. “That sounds like a good way to make the most out of these endeavours.” She replied. She was also glad her newly obtained ties to the merchant guild weren't going to be a wasted effort, as she realised she was still lacking the business knowledge to make the most of them by herself. At least for now. “If you need anything from the guild in your planning, let me know and I'll pass it through.” She replied, figuring a request from the baroness herself would be a tad more impressive than one from an advisor. Finally, it sounded like the prospecting the mine was the first order of business. “Then let us not waste any time on it!” She stated. “We'll go now!”

As for travelling, between the Fast B on her boots, her ability to fly and her ability to [Pocket Dimension] others and equipment, it shouldn't take them too long to prepare their prospecting journey and to reach Sootspire.

Sootspire
Country of Ryke, Sadek County, Caelia Barony, Mining Village: Sootspire.
q2kCocK.png

ZC5VAhQ.png

Sootspire Mine
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Sootspire: Mine
27PZTj.jpg
HD desktop wallpaper: Video Game, Planet Alcatraz download free picture #705128

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

After arriving at the mine's entrance, however, she halted. Spotting a mineworker, she'd be quick to call out. “Can you find Hallr for us?” She asked, upon which she got a nod and saw the mineworker head off to go fetch him.

She then turned to Amanda. “I'm assuming we'll need his aid, at least, if anything it'd just be to avoid getting lost and to know which parts are still relatively undiscovered.” She clicked her tongue. “Although those would be undiscovered for a good reason. Do you think that hammer of yours could take away blockages in mineshafts or strengthen their support as well?” That's when she realised she forgot one of the most important questions. “Right, was there any specific reason you expect there to be gems in these mines?” She wasn't all that familiar with them, but it sounded like she should be.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1703369798185.jpeg

Amanda followed Regula to the entrance of the Soothspire mines, the anticipation of exploration and discovery evident in her eyes. As Regula halted and called out to a mineworker, Amanda observed the exchange with a nod, recognizing the need for guidance from someone familiar with the intricacies of the mines.

When Regula turned to her, questioning the potential uses of Amanda's enchanted hammer within the mines, Amanda pondered the possibilities. "The hammer can clear blockages in mineshafts, and should the person wielding it be able to accurately think of the design process, it could reinforce support structures as well. It's a versatile tool, designed for crafting and shaping various mined materials, including the reinforcement of such structural elements," she explained, her confidence in the capabilities of her craft evident.

Regula's subsequent question about the expectation of finding gems prompted Amanda to consider her knowledge of the mines. "The decision to explore the Soothspire mines is based on a combination of historical records and geological assessments. There have been indications of mineral deposits in this region, and the specific geological conditions of the Soothspire mountains suggest the potential presence of valuable gems. However, it's essential to keep in mind that mining is inherently uncertain, and our exploration will provide more concrete insights into the resources the mines may hold. If we're to find a suitable fire gem, we'll ned to venture deep into the earth and push into a magma field." [Mining Expert]

As they awaited the arrival of Hallr, Amanda's mind buzzed with excitement, eager to put her skills to use in uncovering the mysteries and potential riches hidden within the depths of the Soothspire mines.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Regula nodded at the mentions of the hammer's usefulness. “Sounds like you've got the perfect tool for the job.” It was clear that, as a fellow artisan, she was rather impressed.

The next part surprised her a lot. “All the way to a magma field...?” That was rather surprising. Still, Amanda seemed to know what she was doing... hopefully. She figured she'd trust her judgement. “I didn't expect our expedition to be getting so hot~” She joked.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

It wasn't much later that Hallr showed up, a tad surprised to find the baroness herself here, along with one of the advisors. “You called for me?”

“Yes. We'd like to explore some of the more uncharted parts of the mines, preferably the deepest parts. Amanda can clue you in on the details of where she expects to find what we're looking for... Fire gems, I think she called them.” Regula explained.

Hallr was clearly shocked. “That would be a rather difficult endeavour. There are few tunnels going that deep and those that do go in that direction are rather treacherous. We've tried to clear them of blockages and get in better support structures, but there's a cave troll in there that made such work impossible, so we decided to just close it off and were debating to collapse the section. ”

A smile formed on Regula's face, as she looked to Amanda. “We've got someone perfect to get rid of blockages and get in support. The cave troll I can handle.” She stated, as she rested her hand on her Faeblade. Considering they were in tunnels, she'd rather not start shooting her gun in her. That meant it was finally time for her Faeblade to show its worth.

The prospector, although clearly not entirely sure, eventually gave in. “Very well, I'll lead the way.”

As he did so, the two would be able to follow him through section after section of the mines. Taking a left here, a right there, going down a floor here, another floor down there. It was clear they'd be in a bit of trouble without a guide. With one, however, their journey went relatively smooth. Even so, Regula had to admit... “I definitely prefer places I can stretch my wings in.” She wasn't exactly claustrophobic, but the environment did start to make her feel a tad bit off. It was good they'd not have to come here on the regular.

Occasionally, Hallr started to point at some collapsed passages or areas that needed the extra support. Depending on how all-out Amanda wanted to go, she could spent some extra time using her hammer to open them all up or she could just focus on their most direction route towards the gems they were looking for.

Eventually, however, Hallr would gesture for them to halt, bringing a finger to his mouth and pointing ahead. It didn't show at first, but a bit of their light suddenly reflect on an odd green-blackish rock that had ever the slightest movement to it.

lotro__cave_troll_by_gorrem_d1mg4hq-fullview.jpg
From: https://www.deviantart.com/gorrem/art/LOTRO-Cave-Troll-98170046

Regula nodded. It seemed like it was her time to shine. She doubt she could sneak up on it, as she didn't have a lot of stealth, so she decided to go for another tactic. Gesturing for Hallr and Amanda to stay behind a bit, she moved to a slightly more open space within the tunnels and drew her blade.

Round 1
“Hey!” She called out.

Immediately, the cave troll started moving. The [monster], though of low intellect, was known to be one of the most sturdy ones out there. Its skin naturally coated by armour. Its strength fierce and dangerous. It didn't spent much time [1 – move] heading for Regula, as it would attempt to [2&3 – Smash] her with is club.

As it headed her way, however, Regula countered it by making it taste the [Faewild's Wrath] with her dagger. The cave troll's club shattered as the Faewild magic (through continuing) spread through the troll itself. The incapacitating effects of the attack against her didn't seem to affect her (A grade) whilst her own attack was causing the cave troll to take continuous damage, its very veins burning from the Faewild mana coursing through them.

Cave troll
Smash - A Strength, B Weapon, B Ability, (B penetrating, Blind Fighter, Incapacitating B) – Grade B, (6 + 5 + 5 + 5 =21 Effectiveness).

Faeblade
Faewild's Wrath B – Magic B, Penetrating B, Blight [Faewild Mana] B, Accurate E, Blind Fighter F, Contagion F, Multidimensional F, Continuing B. - Attacking with the Fae's wrath; ignores 5 grades of defending item, blighting someone with Faewild Mana (+5 effectiveness), treating speed 2 grades lower, working in dim or no light situations, spreading through contact, defying boundaries of reality, dealing 1 continuous damage for 5 more posts. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.
A Strength, B Weapon, B Ability, B Penetrating, B Blight (6 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 26 Effectiveness).

Round 2
Unable to recover due to the continued damage coursing through its veins, the cave troll attempt to try grab Regula instead, both hands reaching out.

Cave troll
Grab C Strength – D Natural Weapons – D Ability – Tangle D (4 + 3 + 3 = 11 Effectiveness).

Regula, however, still had some juice left in her dagger. It might not be as much as with her first attack, but it was still nothing to scoff at, as she counter with [Faewild's Wrath C].

Faewild's Wrath C – Magic C, Penetrating C, Blight [Faewild Mana] C, Accurate E, Blind Fighter F, Contagion F, Multidimensional F, Continuing C. - Attacking with the Fae's wrath; ignores 4 grades of defending item, blighting someone with Faewild Mana (+4 effectiveness), treating speed 2 grades lower, working in dim or no light situations, spreading through contact, defying boundaries of reality, dealing 1 continuous damage for 4 more posts. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown.
(B Strength, C Weapon, C Ability, C Penetrating, C Blight = 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 21 Effectiveness)

This time around, the Faewild Magic shred through the troll's hand like it was butter, spreading through the entire creature and roasting it like it was kindle for a fire. With a few desperate howls and cries, the creature fell down, the continuing damage finishing it off before it could even start to properly regenerate.

With the creature out of the way, Regula smiled. “Well, that's gone. Shall we continue?” She asked. She was a tad disappointed as she felt like she hadn't been able to test her dagger to its fullest, but there might be another time for it in the future.

d1au6x0-147bdfad-c702-4515-bd56-790c6d63a01b.jpg
From: https://www.deviantart.com/ragingangel/art/Magma-Cave-78670980

They eventually found an area that was highly promising as to what Amanda suggested. There were some challenges however, as the temperature had risen a lot and the air wasn't the most comfortable to breath. Regula was already trying to counter with by having activated [Safe Zone B] on her cloak, but it was now up to Amanda to figure out how to either get a better work environment or how to get their businesses here wrapped up quickly and before the environment would get to them.

Safe Zone B – Magic B, Healing B, Energised B, Area of Effect D, Selective Magic D, Control Environment E, Magic Duration E - Character creates a safe zone; healing significant injuries and resurrecting the recently diseased, 500ft -152m radius around them, lifting bad environmental conditions, ignoring undesired targets, lasting 1 day - Grade B Energised – 3 Post Cooldown.

Last edited:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1703560067599.jpeg

Amanda listened intently to Regula's remarks about her enchanted hammer, her pride evident as a fellow artisan recognized the craftsmanship. The banter about the mines heating up drew a chuckle from Amanda, appreciating the Baroness's sense of humor amidst the serious task at hand.

As they ventured into the depths of the mines with Hallr leading the way, Amanda paid close attention to the layout and structural challenges. The occasional pointing from Hallr at collapsed passages and areas in need of support sparked Amanda's eagerness to apply her craft to enhance the safety and accessibility of the mines.

The encounter with the cave troll brought a shift in dynamics. Regula's swift and skillful handling of the situation showcased her combat prowess, leaving Amanda impressed. The interplay of Faewild magic and the cave troll's attempts to retaliate unfolded before Amanda's eyes, and she couldn't help but feel a surge of admiration for Regula's capabilities. With the cave troll defeated, Regula's proposal to continue the exploration met with Amanda's nod of agreement. The journey pressed on, and as they reached the promising area rich in potential gems, the environmental challenges became apparent. The rising temperature and deteriorating air quality signaled the need for a strategic approach.

Regula's activation of a safety enchantment provided temporary relief, but Amanda recognized the need for a more sustainable solution. She contemplated the options, her mind racing through possibilities. "Baroness, to ensure a better work environment and expedite our progress, I could focus on creating localized enchantments to cool and purify the air in the area around us, taking inspiration from your cloak. It would require some time and mana, but the benefits would be significant."

Amanda moved with purpose, examining the surroundings and calculating the optimal enchantments for the task at hand. Then, with great care, she summoned forth some Mithril from her hammer's pocket dimension. "I'll need to work fast, or else we may suffocate. Bear with me, this is only my second time utilizing my gauntlet... I think I understand it a little bit better now. If I...".

As Amanda focused on crafting the Mithril Compass, her gauntlet came to life with a subtle hum of magical energy. Time seemed to slow down within the confined space where she worked, allowing her to meticulously manipulate the intricate components of the compass. The Mithril Compass, a marvel of her craftsmanship, took shape under the careful dance of her skilled hands. Using her gauntlet to manipulate time, Amanda achieved a level of precision that elevated the quality of the compass to a remarkable B Grade. The delicate etchings on the Mitral Compass glowed with a subtle radiance, reflecting the enchantments woven into its design. Each piece fell into perfect alignment, and yet the needle spun restlessly around the orb-like casing.

As Amanda completed the crafting process, time resumed its normal flow, and she beheld the finished Mitral Compass in her hands.

1703558156074.jpeg
Crafter Perk - ( Magnum Opus ) To be destroyed after RP
Core 1 - Control Environment B
Core 2 - Appraisal B
Core 3 - Supersense (Ore Sense) B (10 Miles)
Core 4 - Magic D, Magic AOE F [(E) Limitation 'Activation R1'], Magic Duration F [(E) Limitation 'Activation R1']
Core 5 - Selective B

"This should work. Though, not for long. I'm afraid without a proper workplace the integrity of the compass will only hold for so long. Still, as a prototype, it should serve us well until the end."

Raising the compass out in front of her Amanda spoke aloud "Activate - Find Firegem Grade B". Superimposing itself upon Regula's environmental control, the compass immediately halted its relentless spinning and instead pointed directly toward what it had been asked to find. Cleansing the air and normalizing the temperature around the party as it did so. "Perfect!"

Actions: 3/3

Amanda-
Magnum Opus [Artificer, Enchanter]

Chrono-Disruptor Gauntlet-
Localized Time Distortion - This high-tech gauntlet is capable of creating localized time distortions. When activated, it can slow down time in a small area, allowing the wearer to move with incredible speed compared to everything else in the affected zone (30ft radius). Useful for bypassing security systems or evading fast-moving threats. B Grade - 4 Post Cooldown.

'Anemoi' -
Anemoi - [Control Environment B (Purifying air and normalizing temperature)], [Magic D],[Magic AOE E (50ft Radius)], [Spell Duration E (1 day)], [Supersense (Ore Sense) B (10 Miles)], [Appraisal B (Fire Gem B via Ore Sense)], Selective B (Fire Gems for [Appraisal] and [Ore Sense], Allowing Control Environment to affect all of [Magic AOE]) - Anemoi creates a safe environment for its wielder and points them toward what ore it is they seek. B Grade - 4 Post Cooldown.

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Although she wasn't entirely sure what Amanda was planning, Regula nodded regardless. She knew her cloak wasn't going to keep them going for long. It's why waiting for Amanda to finish her work was a bit of a gamble, but one she figured they could make... although oddly enough, she saw Amanda starting to work at speeds that far surpassed what was natural. “What... what in the world just happened?” She asked, rather confused.

She looked at the odd object in Amanda's hands, which somewhat resembled a compass. At Amanda's words, she nodded. “I'm surprised you managed to make something this quickly to begin with.” Watching the device point in a direction, she nodded. A bit curious, she used the [Tremor-sense B] on her own boots. “I can feel movement in the ground over there... and there.” She pointed in two directions, somewhat below them. “So we might wish to avoid those areas, as I'd rather not dig into magma.”

Luckily enough, the direction the compass was pointing at didn't have such vibrations of flowing magma. “Well then, let's go.” She'd nodded, as the group would set into motion and eventually stumble upon some clusters of fire gems.

Last edited:
~Amanda Steelhaven~

1703898554856.jpeg

Amanda approached the clusters of fire gems with a sense of anticipation, her enchanted hammer held firmly in hand. As she neared the precious deposits, she focused her attention on the task at hand, preparing to harvest the fire gems with the skill and precision that had become her trademark.

With a practiced swing of her enchanted hammer, Amanda struck the surrounding rock with controlled force. The resonating clang echoed through the tunnels as the magical properties of her hammer came into play. The impact not only dislodged the gems from their rocky encasements but also ensured that the surrounding structure remained stable.

Amanda's eyes gleamed with satisfaction as she observed the gleaming fire gems now exposed. With careful and deliberate movements, she continued to use her enchanted hammer to extract the gems, ensuring their integrity and minimizing the risk of damage.

As the clusters of fire gems accumulated in her hands, Amanda marveled at the fruits of their expedition. These gems, pulsating with fiery energy, held the potential to fuel enchantments and provide a valuable resource for the barony. With the harvest complete, she carefully secured the fire gems, ready to contribute to the next phase of their endeavors.

Actions: 3/3

Amanda-
1. Uses Hammer to strike gems and harvest them

Cruthú
2. Utilized Skill [Mining B] to Harvest B grade Firegems.
3. Utilized Pocket Dimension F to store B Grade Firegems.

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

All Regula had to do was to watch, as Amanda gathered up the fire gems with her hammer. She sort-off wondered if she could repeat the same with her own Pocket Dimension, but decided not to attempt it. Perhaps she could explore the idea later. For now, Amanda was gathering more than enough. As Regula looked a the result, she couldn't help notice one thing. “You're harvesting them so efficiently that we might want to mark this spot from having been gone through already. There's barely a trace left of the gems having even been here...” It was so remarkable that it was almost too good. With the goal of their expedition achieved, it was only a manner of returning back towards the surface, possibly spending a bit of extra time to clear paths or reinforce structures in the rest of the mine, but without any other major hurdles remaining.

Sootspire Mine
27PZTj.jpg

As they got closer to the surface again, Regula realised was drenched in sweat, dirt and rock dust. “I really wish we already had a bathhouse right now...” She mumbled, as she finally managed to stretch her wings and arms again in a somewhat more open area of the mines.

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

“That was spectacular.” Hallr stated to the both of them. “To be able to work the mines so easily and efficiently, even under such circumstances... and to take down a cave troll so quickly... Is there any chance you two could come survey these mines again in the future?” He asked, clearly seeing the potential in them. “Or that you can make more permanent versions of these compasses?” He'd ask Amanda.

~Amanda Steelhaven~

1703949700268.jpeg

Amanda grinned playfully in response to Hallr's praise. "Well, if you supply us with enough snacks and a comfy bed for the night, we might consider making this a regular gig. As for the compasses, I'll look into the possibility of creating more permanent versions, but you have to understand, quality craftsmanship takes time, and the materials for these enchanted items can be quite costly. They won't be your everyday run-of-the-mill acquisitions, but if there's a demand, I'll see what I can do." With a confident yet good-natured tone, Amanda considered the potential for future collaborations. The mines, now efficiently surveyed and harvested, held promise for ongoing ventures, and Amanda was open to exploring the possibilities that lay beneath the surface.

As Amanda reflected on their successful mining expedition and the potential for future ventures, the idea of establishing her own mining and processing company began to take shape in her mind. The efficiency with which she could harvest resources and reinforce structures using her enchanted hammer hinted at the transformative impact she could have on mining operations.

The prospect of creating a mining company aligned with her aspirations for crafting and contributing to the prosperity of the barony. With a unique blend of craftsmanship and magical expertise, Amanda envisioned a company that not only extracted valuable resources but also implemented innovative and sustainable mining practices.

In her musings, she considered the various aspects of such a venture – from acquiring skilled miners and engineers to developing advanced enchantments for mining equipment. The potential for collaboration with other artisans and experts in related fields sparked her excitement, envisioning a synergy that could redefine the mining industry in the Ryke Kingdom. With determination in her eyes, Amanda considered taking the first steps toward realizing this vision, recognizing that such a venture would not only fulfill her personal goals but also contribute to the advancement and prosperity of the Kingdom.

Perhaps it was time to see the Count. With a location in Caelia secured for a factory, what Amanda needed most now was the Count's continued support on the matter. And most importantly a derelict mine she could take over on the cheap.

Sootspire
Country of Ryke, Sadek County, Caelia Barony, Mining Village: Sootspire.
q2kCocK.png

ZC5VAhQ.png

Sootspire Mine
27PZTj.jpg

Hallr
ZxgHxjD.png

The rather serious prospector looked a bit confused at the demand of snacks, glossing at Regula to try to make sense of it.

“Lots of snacks.” Was all that the baroness added, as if it was the most logical demand ever made.

Deciding not to ruin his thinking capacity further on it, Hallr instead focussed on the thing that made more sense to him. “Of course, yet having even one such a tool would be tremendous.” He added, regarding the compasses. “It would let us access parts of the mine that would normally be unthinkable to work in, unless we had a small army of heat-resistant constructs.”

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

As they eventually left the mines, Regula took a deep breath of fresh air. “Well, I'd say we're off to a great start~” She was in a cheerful mood, although tired. “I'll go visit madam Prisca for a bit, to inform her of what we've found and discussed. You can discuss some more things with Hallr in the meantime, if you want to travel back to Stonewall together later, it shouldn't be long.” She stated, as she flew off to give the mayor the courtesy of being informed of her short visit and adventure, as well as some heads-up regarding their future plans.

The End

These are only suggestions, please wait until a grader confirms them before adding them.

Narrator bonus worth = 42 points (From having multiple A-grade characters.)

Amanda
Title: [Prospector] – Character has shown to have the tools and skills necessary to find valuable ores in mines.
Narrator Bonus Rewards: 21 points
Asset: [Fire Gems] – Bright red gems, pulsating with energy, able to fuel enchantments and being considered a valuable high-energy recourse.
Asset: [Plot of Land] – A plot of empty land in Caelia Barony, located near Sootspire.
Asset: [Sootspire Mining Rights] – The rights to exploit (and improve upon) the Sootspire mines.

Isekai Hell Grade

Aftermath

While the supplies, gems and ideas for the bathhouse had been secured. The fact that there was a troll trapped in the Sootspire mine had drawn several questions. Merchant travels in the area have lessened slightly due to the potential danger. Meanwhile, merchants who are well established have started to hire adventurers in the area to keep their caravans safe from any potential attacks.

Rewards:

Regula- 31 Points

Amanda- 44 Points
Acquired Optional title [Prospector] – Character has shown to have the tools and skills necessary to find valuable ores in mines.
Acquired Optional asset: [Fire Gems B] – Bright red gems, pulsating with energy, able to fuel enchantments and being considered a valuable high-energy recourse.
Acquired Optional asset: [Plot of Land F] – A plot of empty land in Caelia Barony, located near Sootspire. (Add 7 points to spent and earned)
Acquired Optional asset: [Sootspire Mining Rights] – The rights to exploit (and improve upon) the Sootspire mines. (With this being a mining town, all the infrastructure is set up. Add 28 Points to spent and earned)

Mentions: Novama Novama Uasal Uasal Elvario Elvario

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back