Sooooooo yeah, I need help with a tiny thing.

Lady Insanity

I live for the chaos, yet I'd die for peace.
Okay. The fantasy thread is centered around magic, whimsical settings and mythical creatures, worlds unlike our own. And the realistic threads are grounded in reality, with elements of fantasy and sci fi as features, but not the main point. My question is...what if I'm planning a roleplay where its set in reality, yet the focus is fantasy?

The plot is still in works, however the setting is in real life, but the characters are from a fantasy realm that have bled into reality, engaging in mythical battles and whatnot. It's a magic/fantasy based RP set in reality, while also focusing on reality and the struggle of fitting into it....WHERE DO I PUT THIS THREAD? It's as much fantasy as it is realistic, basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't quote me on it, but I believe the tags refer primarily to setting. So despite there being heavy elements of fantasy, the realistic setting places it in the Realistic forum.

Staff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it's mostly a Fantasy focus, with reality mixed. You'd want to place it in Fantasy, but have a secondary tag of Reality? I believe that's how things would work.

I agree with Infinite. Regardless of whether it's set in the real world or not, if it's got fantasy elements, it immediately falls into that category.

Sounds like it's mostly fantasy that is also sometimes set in a realistic setting. I'd go with fantasy but maybe staff can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back