• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern somethingSTRANGE in lil'ol Pasecoda

sorrow made you

from the bottom of the dark, dark sea
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
vRKtEYM.png

_____
somethingSTRANGE.

STORY.
Away from the busy bustle of the uppermost city in Oregon and the lowermost city in Washington is a road that leads out to what seems to be the middle of a forest along the base of a mountain. The road is dampened with the most recent rain and seems undisturbed by other drivers. Through the mountain pass, a thick fog will obscure your vision until… you see a single old-fashioned lamp post. Nothing else around, just a single lamp post. The light flickers every few seconds and when you drive past it, you might catch a glimpse of a person obscured by an umbrella they hold. They weren't there just a second ago, were they? You look back to see that no one is there anymore. As you continue further, you find the only gas station for miles. It seems a little run down, but the chance you'll come to another gas station seems slim, so you decide to gas up just in case. Stopping there will give you information about the nearest town.

Pasecoda.

Hidden by tall lush trees is the small town of Pasecoda. Population 1000 people or so. Pasecoda is directly on the border of the states Oregon and Washington, which can get a little confusing asking where exactly you are. Its a quaint little town that doesn’t worry about the stresses of busy living. Time seems to pass slowly here, but it's peaceful. Citizens here are relatively peaceful and life here seems rather nice.

That is…
until the fog rolls in.

What lies within the mysterious fog? Every night, whether there is rain or not, the fog lingers. You are told by some of the older locals that it would be best to not go out and about while the fog is out. Why? Something is strange about this fog, don't you think?

"It may be an old wise-tale to keep kids from getting in trouble, but... monsters walk around through the fog." an older woman tells you as she generously gives you keys for a room to stay in for the night.

Monsters?

Just before you head to your assigned room, your eyes flicker to the newspaper on the side table.
'MISSING PERSONS REPORT' it read in bold print on the cover of the Pasecoda Daily. A curious thought came to your mind, but it left you as quickly as it came.

Nothing terribly wrong could go on in little ol' Pasecoda, could it?

About Pasecoda.

Pasecoda was founded in 1840--just two years before Salem, Oregon was founded. The town was founded before Oregon and Washington joined the United States, and so the city was neither of Oregon or Washington territory. Now, it lies on the divide line between the two states. The norther half of the town has a Washington area code while the southern half has an Oregon area code.

The town is landlocked just off the side of a mountain, and there are a few lakes reservoirs nearby where water has rolled down from the mountain tops. The town and roads nearby are all surrounded by thick and lush forestry. No matter the season, Pasecoda is green. Temperatures stay relatively cool, never reaching higher than 85 degrees Fahrenheit, but during the winter, it does get pretty cold. Occasionally students will be fortunate enough to be blessed with a snow day.

Pasecoda itself is a relatively small town with a population of only about 1,000. It is mostly forgotten and the only people that seem to stop by are those heading into Washington or into Oregon using an alternate route than the main road. This is one of the few towns that chain companies and major advertising hasn't tainted it. It's a quaint and quiet town where everyone knows their neighbors. Many people are born, live, and die in Parecoda. Several dream for something bigger. There's even a few that actually leave. But for some reason or another, most find their way back into Pasecoda.
NEED TO KNOW.
1. This will be a Detailed roleplay, and thus the Detailed regulations will apply. Also, be sure to read my rules in the Overview section.

2. I will only accept real pictures for characters. I don't care if its a popular model or not. Feel free to make them as pretty or average as you feel, however, try to keep them from being like another character. Also, try not to have their personalities too everywhere.

3. There are three different "races" in this roleplay: Paranormal (supernatural creatures in hiding), Extra-Sensitive (people that can see the abnormal), and Normies (your average human). More are described about them in the
Overview and Notes pages. Spots for Paranormals and Extra-Sensitive are severely limited, and I am more inclined to accept normal humans over everything else.

4. I'm going to be treating this rp like a tv drama series. So everyone will have their own storyline, and become a main character for their story, and a side character for someone else's. I'll be PMing people individually to help them work out their story as well as how they can contribute. Each story arc will be in an "episode", in which there is an end goal. I won't tell you how to get your character from point A to point B, so that's entirely up to your creative freedom. More information will be given about this is you're interested.

5. The CS for this rp is BBCode heavy. If you don't feel comfortable filling it out (whether the code isn't working for you or its too confusing), PM me your character information and I'll put it in the code for you to post. I'm willing to work with people if they're willing to work with me. =w= b

6. Have fun with this. Its not as intimidating as it may seem, I swear. >__<;; I love character developing, so that will be a very big focus in this roleplay. Any questions or comments, feel free to hit me up.
HOW TO JOIN.
Joining is simple! You can find the roleplay here:

somethingSTRANGE.

Read through the
Overview page and then go to the Sign-Up page to grab the CS Code. You can post your progress in the Sign-Up thread, put be sure to put 'WIP' somewhere on it so I know you're not submitting a cs yet (again, if you can't use the code, let me know and I'll help you).

Make sure to post in the
OOC page, as it'll be a requirement to at least introduce yourself.

And that's about it! From there, you can hang out in the ooc and wait till your cs is accepted or declined. Any declines will be able to be resubmitted upon revising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I've been really craving an RP with this sort of atmosphere, and now here it is. After looking at the overview and such I'm definitely interested. I'll see what I can come up with.

HHHHH

THE EXCITE. <3

I'm glad there's interest so far~!

Let's see if we can fill up some of those roles. =w= b

Heya, I remember seeing the in-progress version of this xD

I had a hard time reading the "About Pasecoda" under the spoiler because the gray text was too light. You may wanna darken it up a bit to heighten the contrast, unless the point was we weren't supposed to read it :P

[QUOTE="general ostruppen]Salutations. Im interested

[/QUOTE]
NOW WE CAN BUTT HEADS IN TWO RPS! :P

Uhhh no, I haven't. NOt yet. OTL

I ended up getting distracted and had to do things. I did find some extra pictures to edit up. So I'll do that here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back