Something New, Something Old (Numenera)

Hey guys I added a new house rule.

You are allowed to take the Mutant Descriptor from the Corebook(Not sure if its the player's handbook, I assume it is).

It is not under the normal list of descriptors, but actually in the mutation section.

I know some of the other books(Theres only a few and they are cheap) have descriptors, but I can't afford those books yet so those descriptors can't be used yet.

shepsquared said:
I don't have that unfortunately. I meant in the player handbook
I don't see it in the handbook but I'll see if I can summarize it or something, but it might be difficult with out just outright copying and pasting it.

Its a massive list of beneficial/harmful/cosmic mutations.

I seen mutant in character generator, along with a number of other new ones. I thought they were homebrew honestly O.o

/ALL THE MUTATIONS

Though some of the potential combinations of mutations could be excellent, the risk of odd ones scares me enough to be hesitant.

Yeah. Glaive Who Howls at the Moon..... I'd like to work out a specific alternate form with the DM.... Either Strong or Swift.

I don't think I realized this thread was up. That, or I forgot to post in it again. Count me in. Once I give the book a read, I'll start tossing around character concepts. Just haven't had a chance yet. Just got my hands on it.

Read this over and I think its got the stuff needed for approval. You can move onto the next stage when you are ready.

I am also curious about joining.

I'll try to get up the forum sometime within the next few days, no later then this weekend.

Once the forums are up and people start submitting characters, I'll work with them individuality in all of their threads, or PMs to finalize characters.

I'm really excited for this game and I hope you all are as well :) !

I've got a character concept talking at me and he won't shut up. So, applying.

I'm leaning toward a Graceful Jack who Works Miracles. But to that end: what exactly is the Speed penalty for wearing armor, and are there conditions under which one can use a Speed defense against attacks while still wearing armor (e.g. if one reduces the Speed penalty to 0)?

His name is Mix, because he is. He has a few small obvious implants, most notably his right eye (a reflective silvery orb). He dances around foes in combat yet prefers to strike from a distance, and can even perform a few nano-like tricks (commonly known as Hedge Magic). And then there is the healing numenera embedded in him - or so most people assume, for surely no mere doctor could be that good. It's the reason he gets asked to join many expeditions, enough that he's seen quite a variety of numenera.

(Possible initial picks: Intellect Edge, Identifying skill, crank crossbow, shield in place of second starting weapon, and the rest depends on answers to the armor questions.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dark Wizard]Theres no reason why you can't use a speed defense even if you are wearing armor. [URL="http://ss.rpdom.com/sWEG said:
http://ss.rpdom.com/sWEG[/URL]

There are the costs.
Thanks! So with 2 reduction to Might and Speed, medium armor looks good (-1 Speed pool while wearing it, -0 Might per hour). What's the difference between the different types of armor - e.g., why does a chainmail hauberk cost an extra shin, and the special mediums cost a lot more?

[QUOTE="Winged Cat]Thanks! So with 2 reduction to Might and Speed, medium armor looks good (-1 Speed pool while wearing it, -0 Might per hour). What's the difference between the different types of armor - e.g., why does a chainmail hauberk cost an extra shin, and the special mediums cost a lot more?

[/QUOTE]
I'm investigating that now.

I'll post something later. I had been curious my self. I don't exactly understand everything 100 percent, so it will be a learning experience for me as well :D !

Well I have managed to get a look at the core book now and shall definitely be going jack, the other two choices are a bit harder though.

But yeah, if there is still room - totally playing a Strong glaive who works miracles. His power is going to be innate.

[QUOTE="Paeniteo Azrael]But yeah, if there is still room - totally playing a Strong glaive who works miracles. His power is going to be innate.

[/QUOTE]
Everyone who wants to toss in their name is welcome to.

Only taking 12. Everyone else will be waitlisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back