Something New, Something Old (Numenera)

[QUOTE="Paeniteo Azrael]Curses. Ah well, at least I'll be on the waitlist.

[/QUOTE]
If too many people throw in their names, since I've been giving the thread a few days, I'll pick people at random.

I never said it was first come first serve.

The forums will either come tomorrow or Saturday.

I have stuff to do today, so I can't do it today.

In the mean time, if anyone has any pictures they think would fit the game, do let me know! I have not picked one for the banner yet.

SephirothSage said:
Am I already in?
No one is in yet. I haven't seen your submissions.

I can't do that until the forums are up and I give you my character template, and other information.

How are we handling the suggested links between PCs? (Such as for Works Miracles, another PC suspecting that Mix may be supernatural.) Do we wait until we see who's in to decide such links? (And presumably such links will have to have the other player's approval.)

[QUOTE="Winged Cat]How are we handling the suggested links between PCs? (Such as for Works Miracles, another PC suspecting that Mix may be supernatural.) Do we wait until we see who's in to decide such links? (And presumably such links will have to have the other player's approval.)

[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Even If players are not always together it will be interesting for someone in the world know...say your secret or what ever other link you have.

Blech, I was kind of hoping we would ignore those. I'm not too fond of other people dictating what my characters thinks, no matter how innocuous =/

If it isn't too much trouble Dark could give the out at random/in secret. Also, some of the links are just "someone knows what you are"

JayTee said:
Blech, I was kind of hoping we would ignore those. I'm not too fond of other people dictating what my characters thinks, no matter how innocuous =/
No one controls your character in any way.

Most of them are. "Someone knows what you are" favors, etc.

JayTee said:
Don't you ask if it's okay with the other player first?

Like I said, "presumably such links will have to have the other player's approval". So to clarify, this is what I suspect:

1. We wait to see who's in, what their characters are, et cetera.
  2. We ask the other players, in whichever order we choose until someone says yes.
  3. After approval has been gained, we update our characters' backgrounds to note this link.
  4. At least one link may or may not be required per RAW. The form of the link might or might not need to be as printed in RAW - we may or may not be allowed to form alternate links, just so long as there is something to link our PC to another. (Especially need TDW's clarification for everything in this item.)
  5. Second and further links are neither required nor forbidden.

A further question about the crank crossbow: if I'm reading it right, it only takes an action to reload once the magazine's depleted, right? Just turning the crank doesn't take an action?

Also, if we pick a ranged weapon as one of our starting weapons, does that come with a free set of ammo? (12, presumably, since that's what the ammo's sold in.) And how hard or easy will it be to recover our arrows/bolts/etc. once they're used? (I recall one game in another system where my PC only had one "arrow", but recovered it after each fight, making it last the whole campaign. It wasn't the shortest of campaigns, either - a bit over 50 sessions, IIRC. I could try to pull the same again if I have to.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Forums will be made today, and I will start filling them up with Character Templates and all other relevant information, if I finish tonight, the forums will be open for posting and users can start submitting characters and I will help them, etc.

If not, I should be done by tomorrow.

I am curious and may throw my hat in if there is space.

If only because Monte Cooke and I have huge differences of design philosophy and there's no reason it can't be fun and educational.

Grey said:
I am curious and may throw my hat in if there is space.
If only because Monte Cooke and I have huge differences of design philosophy and there's no reason it can't be fun and educational.
Not sure who is still in. So until the game starts, anyone is welcomed to toss their name in.

The forums are up in the place they go to before any game goes live. I'm already filling them with content.

Should be live by tomorrow!

I apologize for the delays. I did not take the holidays into account.

This will be up for real by Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back