• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Some Vampire x Hunter Shit

Emmi

Jumin's Bae
The halls of Winterville University was full of laughter and faces full of joy. Some students joked around with their friends, some bothered other students, and others spread rumors. The school was known for being expensive, and it was difficult to earn a scholarship. Some were business majors, and some were majored in graphic design. The possibilities are endless. They lived without fear, believing that supernatural creatures, such as vampires, did not exist.

"I heard a singer was taken away by a bunch of men... they did some weird crap with her."

"Really? What did they do?"

"Well... they checked her mouth for 'fangs'."

"What? That's ridiculous!"

"It's true! I was at the concert!"

"Wahhhh! Really? That's weird."

. . .

Maybe they aren't as fake as people think.

Kozilek Kozilek

Being among so many humans at a college was both a blessing and a curse; it was such an vast source of blood, with the vast majority of mysterious deaths attributed to aggressive boyfriends, jealous girlfriends, or even just a party gone wrong. On the other hand, the vast source of blood placed a vampire in a situation similar to a child in a sweet store, with so much choice within reach, and yet having to restrain themselves so they weren't caught. The only difference was, if the child was caught, they might get a telling off from parents. If a vampire was caught, they would have enough of their blood spilled to replace all they had taken.

Such was the position of Caine, resident vampire at Winterville, and as far as he knew, the only one for a long distance. He had been aware of another some miles away, but they had been caught, and presumably killed. A tragic loss, but at least they had served to draw suspicion away from the fact there may be a second vampire. For a while, the hunters had toned down their search, performing routine checks every now and then to make sure everything was ticking over nicely. More recently however, they had started putting in more effort, presumably because dead bodies and strange wounds still kept turning up. Caine had tried to stop himself, but like the child in the sweet store, it was too tempting. He had heard of the singer being searched, and inwardly laughed, gloating over the stupidity of the hunters: if their search for a vampire was public enough that people knew they had checked a singer for fangs, then it wouldn't be hard to keep a track of their movements, and hopefully stay one step ahead.

Now though, far from laughing at the idiocy of his enemy, Caine was irritated and tired. He hadn't eaten in several days, and he could feel the pain in his gums as his fangs tried to expose themselves, tried to sink themselves into any one of the people around him. The sun shining down on his skin didn't help either, with the rays giving him a mild migraine. Why the university had to place dorms for their students in one building, and the lecture halls in another, he would never know.

He walked into the dorm building with a smile and a wave to the people who greeted him, and moved up the stairs with the pace of someone trying to get somewhere quickly, but not make it obvious that they were in a hurry. A brief walk down a corridor, and he pushed into his room, dumping his bag on the floor and hissed through his teeth, putting a hand to his mouth to mask the sound from anyone who might be listening - not likely, buy an old habit. There was a dull pain in the back of his hand, and he pulled it away to reveal twin pin-pricks in his flesh, dull red marks which refused to bleed. It had been a godsend he was on his own when it happened, or someone might question the sudden appearance of twin wounds on his hand, and teeth looking like they belonged more to a dog than a human.

Clearly, he would have to eat tonight, not only to sate his hunger, but to stop himself revealing his nature to any hunters around.

Aella Rose

"Fuck them, fuck their cow, and fuck their family. I hate them."
260fa1d1.jpg

The green eyed female's eyes darted around the halls of the university, letting out a small chuckle. With a helmet on her head, she strapped on the helmet, and stepped on her gray skateboard. She slid her foot, and she started to move on her skateboard, as fast as lightning. "MOVE!" she screamed at the crowds. Students screamed and moved over, letting her roll past, her blonde hair caught in the air inside the college. She then noticed the dean. Her eyes were wide and her eyebrows were furrowed.

Shit.

"AELLA ROSEEEEE!" the dean shouted at Aella. She paused, and cringed, stopping her skateboard. The dean and her wasn't very... "simpatico" at the moment. The dean hated Aella's guts to the point where she literally had to hunt her every single wrong move, and find an excuse to kick her out. Aella? Well, she doesn't really mind. She loves pestering her and annoying her.

"Yes, Mrs. Griselda?" Aella asked, innocently, clutching her skateboard. "Another punishment point for you!"

"This isn't high school, miss," Aella replied, sharply. Mrs. Griselda's face turned a bright shade of red. "I--"

"I'm just simply trying to go to class, miss. I'm a bit late... and I thought using a skateboard would be fast..." Aella fibbed, faking a frown. "I just didn't want to miss class and mess up my G.P.A...." Mrs. Griselda nodded, sadly. "My dear.. of course... run along." The blonde woman faked a sob, and started to walk by. Once the dean was out of sight, Aella's face turned back to normal. Woah! I didn't know she was that gullible!

Last edited:
It was a welcome distraction when the vampire heard familiar yells filtering through the open window, the sound of students dodging a rather reckless member of their species. By far, Aella was a human dear to Caine's heart, and he wasn't entirely sure why; perhaps she reminded him of himself in a time gone by. Whatever it was, it wasn't something he dwelled on often.

Knowing he needed something to take his mind of eating for at least a few hours longer, Caine left his room, taking the stairs two at a time. As he hit the bottom of the staircase, he could hear Aella feeding the dean a line about her GPA, or something or other. Her brazen-ness brought a smile to the vampires face, and he wondered, not for the first time, if she was a vampire herself; while he had never seen any bodies beyond those he had created himself, her almost manipulative attitude seemed fitting should she turn out to be his kin.

"Aella!" He called, seeing the girl at the end of the corridor, and with a brief check of his teeth disguised as a scratch, made his ear towards her.

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

Aella stole a fresh doughnut from some kid and started to eat it. The delicious flavor of chocolate bursts in her mouth as she eats in delight. Wow... I'm in heaven... she thought, happily bunching on the chocolate side.

"Aella!"

Aella heard a familiar voice call out. She turned to face the voice, and her cheeks tinged a bright red. "Wh-wha... when did you um.." she coughed, and placed her hands in her pockets, acting coolly. "Hey... Caine.." she scratched her neck, her cheeks still red. "How's uh... life, huh?" She felt her heart thump repeatedly, and her chest was warm. She held out her palm over her heart.

She looked at him.

Then back at her doughnut.

She broke off a piece from the side she hadn't bitten, and held it out. "Want a piece?" She grinned. "It's good."

Like you.

"And delicious."

I believe it'd be like you.

Wait, what?

'How's life'. Such a statement might have made Caine laugh were he paying attention, or if doing so wouldn't have seemed a bit strange. As it happened, he just smiled, taking note of her semi-sheepish stance, before raising a hand to decline her offer.

"I'll be honest, I've never really liked chocolate" he said, something which wasn't untrue - human food in general made him sick, and while he might trust himself to eat some on a better day, he doubted he should try if he hadn't eaten what actually kept him alive. Perhaps that should be the goal of this conversation.

"So, what are you up to tonight?"

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

Caine raised a hand to decline her offer.

"I'll be honest, I've never really liked chocolate" he said. Aella cringed. "H-how.. chocolate is the best thing existing on Earth!" she gasped. "My.. if you don't like chocolate you're... inhuman." She spat the last word out, imagining those horrible bloodsucking creatures. She immediately shook her head. "S-sorry about that!" she stuttered, her cheeks warming.

BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Stop it, my stupid heart.

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP.

"Wh-wha...?" her face went a bit red. "I'm.. going.. to uh--" she stuttered, looking for the right words to say. She doesn't really know what to say. Aella's one of those vampire hunters, who does her own business without a partner. She's one of those hunters who are actually plausible and don't go around opening peoples' mouths. And heck, she's one of the best ones out there. Which is why they put her on night duty every other day.

She has to lie.

"I um... I have uh--" she paused. "I have a date with.. Caleb!" she stuttered. She internally face palmed. That was an obvious lie. How am I not able to lie about this!? Caleb is one of Aella's best friends, and partner in crime. He would join in the fun when she's pranking people. Caleb's in their class as well.

Her response brought a wry smile from Caine, and the vampire wondered how she might act if she actually knew what he ate. Probably not well, people rarely did.

"Of all the things that make me inhuman..." he said, thinking to his more dangerous attributes, "...I doubt not liking chocolate would top anyone's list." Far from Aella's stuttering and stammering, Caine remained decidedly unemotional, even in the face of her turning him down; her objection even turned his smile into a grin, and he silently hoped, to which ever god guarded his soul, that any fangs weren't exposed.

"...With Caleb?" he asked, amused incredulity clear in his voice. "Would you like another attempt at that? I think I'd believe the fact the fact that you crept around checking people's teeth more than that one." His grin widened when he thought back to the hunter's actions, and he immediately pushed it out of his mind when the thought of how hungry he was followed.

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

"...With Caleb?" he asked, amused incredulity clear in his voice. At that moment, Aella knew that Caine didn't believe a word that came out of her mouth. Did she blame him? Certainly not. It wasn't very convincing either.

"Would you like another attempt at that? I think I'd believe the fact the fact that you crept around checking people's teeth more than that one." His grin widened. Her face went a bit pale and her eyes widened. She then shook her head, shaking off the thought that he knew she was a hunter. "Um..." she looked down. I always know what to say.. why am I stuttering now? Aella suddenly felt self conscious. She was wearing a plain white tank top, and black jeans. She took a deep breath, and cracked her knuckles, and jutted out her chin cockily, and faked a frown. She also furrowed her eyebrows, and looked down.

"I wasn't going to say anything, since it's a private matter," she started, "but my mom died, so I have to attend her funeral."

Sorry... Caine.

She started to shed a fake tear. "She was still so young..."

In reality, Aella's mother is alive and well, but she considers her an orphan. She never considered her a mother. Heck, she wished that her mother was in Hell already. Rotting and getting tortured by the second. She even wished she would send her to Hell herself, but it's frowned upon in all fifty states.

"Anyways..." she started to say, "I have to leave. My next class is starting soon." And with that, she took off her helmet, and started to walk off.

"...I have to attend her funeral."

From his long life, and his even longer death, Caine knew that this wasn't something he should challenge her on: it was, at least for humans, too sensitive an issue, and challenging Aella might not be the best of ideas. He wasn't entirely sure she was telling the truth, but he wasn't willing to deal with an abrasive or upset Aella for the sake of finding out why she was lying - clearly, she was going to do what she wanted, and any hopes of an easy night for the vampire were dashed.

Caine put on a face which he knew from past experience to be solemn, and nodded. "Here's hoping it goes well then." he said, doubt creeping into his mind when he saw the tear. He vaguely recalled her saying that she didn't even like her mother that much, but as the phrase went, love does strange things - whether one of those strange things was turning hate into love would have to be seen. He watched her walk off down the corridor, and after waiting for a silent few moments, turned around, returning to his room. He had a few hours to kill until the sun set, and he didn't want to risk anyone seeing him in the meantime.

- - -

Night had fallen over the university campus, and Caine had welcomed it like an old friend, which it was. After leaving the dorm building through a window, to ensure that he couldn't be placed walking down the stairs in the case of an investigation, he began stalking the grounds, on the lookout for anyone who might also be enjoying a midnight stroll, something which was more common than one might think. Caine didn't look to different while he was hunting, retaining his basic human form, but taking on sharpened teeth, and black, dead eyes. His night vision was impeccable, and it had taken him all of half an hour to spot someone, a girl walking hurriedly, books in hand. Was she a law student? Caine thought he had seen her before, but it didn't matter much: it was the simplest of tasks to move behind her, and simpler still to sink his teeth into her neck, a slight commotion sounding as she dropped what she was carrying. The blood was sweet, and the stuff slaked his thirst like no human food could ever hope to.

'Far better than chocolate' came the thought, and Caine gently rested the girls head on the ground, breathing in deep as he stood up, like a man who has found something that was missing. He raised a hand to his mouth, wiping away the red liquid, and in the moonlight, seemed transfixed by it dripping off his fingers.

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

Once Aella arrived inside her own dorm room, she let out a sigh of relief, and fell on top of her very soft bed. "Waaaaahhhh, why do I have to patrol? I wanna sleep!" she practically shouted. She then jumped up, and started to punch a french vanilla pillow. She then paused, letting Caine's question sink in.

She blushed a deep crimson, and tumbled back. She covered her face in embarrassment. "What did he mean by that!?" she thought out loud. A thought then clouded her head. Was he... asking me out?

Silence.

"Of course not!" she nervously laughed. She then got up from her bed, and started to do push ups, trying to take that off her mind. "NOPENOPENOPENOTALL!" she shouted. She then stopped what she was doing, and opened her drawer in her closet. She then leaned in, opening a drawer. The drawer was filled with a bunch of stuff that would help Aella tonight. A UV light that generates Ultraviolet rays, crosses, stakes, garlic, silver, and vervain. She grinned to herself as she was rubbing her hands together. She was going to hunt for some vampires tonight.

Wearing a leather jacket with a hood over her head, she had a gray shirt with thick black jeans and some sneakers. With weapons and silver, she headed out, and on the campus. It was as dark as moist velvet, but the moon and stars illuminated the place. She glanced around, walking around the campus with a silver baton, and a cross around her neck. She noticed a girl walking around hurriedly with books in hand. Aella shook her head internally. Idiot. You're basically asking for vampires to suck your blood dry.

And she was correct.

Not long, a figure arrived, and bit her neck. Aella's eyes widened and she grit her teeth. So there was a vampire on campus. The figure gently placed the girl's head on the ground, then stood up. Not wasting time, Aella ran in, her baton on the guy's neck, and she lifted the vampire's arms up, her hood falling on the ground. "I got you now... vampire," she hissed. She couldn't see his face, since it was dark, but she could tell it was a man.

Caine's appreciation of the finer things in his life were cut short when someone moved behind him, holding a silver baton up to his throat like one might hold a knife. The metal burned his skin like a hot brand, and the vampire cursed his own foolishness in remaining at the scene of what was essentially a crime. Thoughts that he vaugely recognised as fear floated through his head, but they were banished as soon as he heard the voice, replaced with a red-stained grin.

"Cone on Aella, everyone knows vampires don't exist," he said, voice sounding slightly pained, but retaining an almost mocking quality.

Of all the people he thought might be hunters, Aella wouldn't have come first, or even in the top ten. She was young to be a hunter, at least from what Caine had seen, but perhaps they started sooner now. Despite her being what Caine might class a friend, thoughts on how to diffuse the situation were already coming up, and not all of them ended peacefully.

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

"Come on Aella, everyone knows vampires don't exist," the vampire said, voice sounding slightly pained, but retaining an almost mocking quality.

Aella cringed. "How did you know my name!?" she paused, gritting her teeth. "Doesn't matter. It makes sense, since you're probably in Winterville as well, and plus, you will die in my hands." She let out a crazed giggle. However, the statement from the vampire rang in her ears. He sounds... familiar. Too familiar. I just can't put my finger on it...

Shaking her head, she passed the baton to her other arm, and grabbed her silver chains, and wrapped it around him. "Any last words?"

She paused, trying to figure out who's voice the vampire's voice sounds like, she paused, squinting, and muttering things like, "Why does it seem so familiar?" It finally clicked in her. Her eyes widened, and she let go of the chains, tumbling back, and falling on the ground. She screamed, "CAINE!?"
and stayed on the ground, covering her mouth. "Wh-wha...?" her face was red, and her knees and hands were shaking.

Despite the silver chain searing his flesh, Caine kept his grin, and he turned around to face her, crouching down so he was at eye level. The blood dripped from his fangs, which he didn't bother to keep hidden. He didn't see the point, she knew what he was.

"You don't seem to be taking this very well..." he said, but without any concern in his voice. She was a hunter, so there was little chance she was unused to seeing a vampire; in all likelihood, it was probably because it was someone she knew. "...but look on the bright side: that could have been you." He gestured over to the girl with bound hands, before standing up, reaching out a hand to Aella, as if to help her up, his fingers covered in blood.

While it probably shouldn't have been, the whole thing humoured the vampire: he doubted if she would kill him here, and all it would take was a moment of weakness on her part for the chains to come off and Caine to be free. That being said, the pain caused by the metal was taking its toll, and the vampire wasn't too sure if it could hold the facade of amicable painless-ness much longer.

Aella Rose

260fa1d1.jpg

Caine kept his grin, and he turned around to face her, crouching down so he was at eye level. The blood dripped from his fangs, which he didn't bother to keep hidden. He didn't see the point, she knew what he was. Aella's eyes were wide in fear, and she just stared at his eyes for a long moment.

"You don't seem to be taking this very well..." he said, but without any concern in his voice. Her lip quivered, and her heart was beating nonstop. "...but look on the bright side: that could have been you." He gestured over to the girl with bound hands, before standing up, reaching out a hand to Aella, as if to help her up, his fingers covered in blood. She recoiled, but looked at the hand.

Why... why is this happening.

She bit her lip.

I... liked him.

No.. like him.

Why..?

She scoffed, and ignored the hand, slowly getting up. She walked over to the unfortunate girl, and checked her pulse. She's dead. "You killed an innocent being," she spat, her voice a bit strained. Tears burning at the back of her eyes, she took off his chains. "Did you ask me what I was doing tonight to lure me out and suck my blood dry!?" she asked him, practically shouting. She sobbed. "I... can't believe I loved a monster like you." With that, she quickly departed, throwing the chains and baton on the grass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back