Some time travelling dang OCs !

I'm back!

From a decent hiatus. To celebrate, I thought I would show off some characters from my campy time travel based RP romp! They come with cool original art from user Shi, but I will keep that hidden as I like people to have a chance to picture characters for themselves before seeing artistic interpretations.

I haven't given away all the details of these characters, as I like to keep some mystery/surprise. If you want to know ~secrets~, I can PM or put them in spoiler tabs or whatever!

Comments, critiques, compliments and questions are welcome ! My character sheets are pretty minimal so any additional info you can think to ask about each character, go ahead and ask! It'll be a good chance to develop stuff.

Note: these characters, Nadia and Algernon especially, are sort of side characters to the unassuming protagonist Will Sprint and my RP partners' characters. I've never had Will drawn, I guess that adds to his generic protagonist charm !

Algernon

Algernon is a “journeyman”- a sort of freelance time traveller who sells his services as a guide to the time-travelling establishment (represented by the Traveller’s Guild). Such people are viewed with distrust and distaste by the Guild, not only due to their position as outsiders but because they have taken the unnatural step of abandoning their timeline to live in no period in particular. Algernon- on top of being rootless and mercenary- is flamboyant, eccentric, charming, sly and selfish. The Guild find his person as despicable as they find his talents and connections useful.

Algernon's origins are obscure. It's not know what decade produced him or how he became involved in time travel. Nadia is perhaps the one who can give the most information about him, since she took him in as a young man only to have him nearly make off with her livelihood- but that's a story for another time. Nadia is Algernon's closest collaborator, and perhaps the closest thing he has to a friend.

Appearance: pale, with classical features, dark eyes and blonde curls.
Sexuality: fluid
Base timeline: Unknown
Occupation: journeyman. Algernon doesn't have a time travel device of his own, but he has the knowledge and connections to get Traveller's from one period to another.
Personality: Since purchasing his services, our hero Will Sprint has found Algernon to be cool-headed and calculating beneath his flamboyant, reckless demeanour. He has discovered him to be cheerful, waggish, eccentric, and perfectly capable of abducting a woman at gunpoint

image.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Nadia

Nadia is a time-travelling Bolshevik lesbian. Sorry, what I mean is she was born in a small Russian nation in 1900, was orphaned, grew up in Petrograd where she worked in a textile factory, joined the party after taking part in the bread riots in February and by October had seen the overthrow of the Tsar, at the age of 17. Some time during the bloody counterrevolution Nadia met a time traveller and, intrigued, travelled with him for a time. Before she knew it (it seemed) she had inherited his machine, and had not seen her homeland for over a decade. Or several decades, if you take into account the fact that she now lives mainly in the 1960s, Paris.

Appearance: Nadia has dark skin and hair, high, flat cheekbones and dark, almond shaped eyes. She wears her thick black hair braided up out of her face. She is small, lean and strong, with a tattoo on her upper arm.
Sexuality: homosexual
Base timeline: born 1900, lives mainly in the 1960s
Origin: born in Russia, lives mainly in France
Occupation: Dabbles in all manner of casual and itinerant work, including occasional journeyman work through Algernon
Personality: Nadia seems tough, cool-headed and laconic. Not a woman of many words, her stoic demeanour hides a contemplative nature- she is often often troubled by philosophical questions she has more or less resigned herself to never being able to answer.
Time travel devices: Nadia inherited from her predecessor an “illicit” device, that is, one not controlled by the guild. It is in the form of a van, which she also lives in.

Last edited:
Ruth

Ruth Sprint is the adoptive daughter of guild scientist Edward Sprint, taken in under mysterious circumstances when she was about three. Educated at a prestigious lady's college, Ruth at 17 is creative, inquisitive and- as you would expect from the daughter of a time traveller- rather modern, with a wilful, rebellious streak. Ruth has an aptitude for science, and is also passionately interested in art. Ruth is travelling with her father and several of his new, portable time travel devices when they are attacked by strangers. Edward is murdered, but Ruth manages to escape through time with one of the devices.

Appearance: Ruth has a heart shaped face, delicate features and thick, wavy, light brown hair. She has rather strong, dark brows and tends to scowl when she's thinking (which is often) giving her a surprisingly stern appearance.
Sexuality: could go in any number of directions at this point, tbh
Base timeline: raised in the 1880s-90s ;)
Origin: England
Personality: as above
Time travel devices: escaped with one of her father's new, wearable devices.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back