• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Some kind of Assassin RP

FALLENProdigy

Lord of the Thingy, Defender of the Whatever.
England, September 1939

The city is in a state of caution. Newsreels and reports of the German war machine have begun to flood in more and more frequently. Poland has been invaded, along with Austria and Czechoslovakia. People are beginning to whisper of the might of the Germans, and the inevitable downfall of the English civilisation ...

Recently, The Mentor of the English Brotherhood, Winston Churchill, has been elected Prime Minister, and has received news that Adolf Hitler's army is backed by the Templars, whom are said to be wielding a powerful Piece of Eden.

With such a dire threat facing the newly-formed Allies, Churchill has selected a group of four Assassins, masters of their art, to venture into the heart of Nazi occupied territory, and take down the dictator, whilst securing the Piece of Eden from the Templars.

However, things aren't always as they appear...

Hub-Promo_ccompetition_189183.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so basically, this will be a four person RP, with possibly the option of more people being able to join in, depending on interest and plot progression. Now, I haven't really done too much in running an RP thread, so bear with me. Or, I'm more than happy for someone else to co-lead this thread with me, keeping in mind that I have a broad, yet linear direction I want this RP to move.

This is just an interest check to begin with. If I get my initial numbers, I will give the plot, and people can decide whether or not to stay or go. Or offer their own opinions. As I said, not the best at the leading of the thread, but I CAN accept criticism like a trooper. Hehe.

Let me know if you are willing to listen to my jargon or not.

Didge.

Yeh, I have based the entire thing off of Assassins Creed games. Obviously, there wont be any immersing in the Animus, though that would probably make for a more ... Interesting plot. Haha.

Its not. Its an original concept, but I'm using influences and abilities, outfits, etc. from the games. Like, you could use Connor as a description base model for your Assassin, but this is not actually part of the series.

Welcome aboard. I cant tell you how angst-y I am, just waiting for someone to post anything for this thread. I have some ideas concerning Eva Braun, and her part in all this. I just hope that everyone else is as keen as you.

Alright, guys. So it looks like we may have enough to get started on the CS, and I'll give you all a bit more of the plot. Just let me know which you want first. I can do the plot side for starters, to give you a chance to customise an Assassin, or you can give me one straight out

... As soon as I find a template. Wont be too hard.

Oh, and before I go into any sort of CS hunting, I will let you guys know just a few things I would like.

Numero Uno: Use the style of RP that you are most comfortable with. I know, alot of GM's these days take the whole RP scene a bit more seriously than others. I'm not one of them. If you have a certain style that is different from the norm, use it. Any and all styles are welcome, I'm not discriminative.

2: Posts, I'm afraid, will have a minimum length requirement. For the kind of RP I'm hoping this to be, I would like no less than two paragraphs, but I'm not adverse to those paragraphs being short. Just try to flesh it out a bit, using whatever you can. Doesn't have to be overly descriptive. Just make it look long. ^.^

Three: Have fun. Thats it. Plain and simple as I can make them. The only one I will probably "enforce", if you could call it that, will be the second one. Because we want to have as immersive a storyline as possible, no? Haha.

Let me know if I came across too ... Restricting. I want everyone to be happy.

I did not come here to hate, but I read the starting post and I thought I'd enlighten you on some Assassin's Creed knowledge, Churchill, in fact, was a Templar. All of the Allies and Axis leaders were, because they were a ploy by the Templars to cause world turmoil. I know this isn't entirely based off of AC but if it was, this would be the correct lore.

~Wastes Storyteller (Huge AC Nerd)

OK! So, I'm going to post the character sheet on the thread tonight, because I just cant be bothered waiting around. Too much nervous energy. Hehe. Post when you can, and I'm more than happy to accept pictures in the "Description" zone.

Now a couple of things about the CS. The "Assassin Rank" can be taken from the Brotherhood and later games if wanted. I'm not fazed if we have a group of four Masters, but just remember that these people may never have worked together. If you want to have history with another player, let them and me know, so we can make adjustments.

Description. Just give me your basics, and if you include a picture for reference, then cut back on the written descriptive. But add any and all features you want, if they dont appear on the picture.

Special abilities. this will be probably the hardest thing to keep track of as a whole. I stated in the intro post that these Assassins are masters at their art. This gives us a bit of leeway in special abilities. The problem is, I really believe that to make the most out of each character, we should limit the same ability to two people. Say, Air Assassination ... If we have only two that are adept at it, when there comes a split in the journey, or a pathway that requires two points of entry, above and below, we can easily determine which character takes which pathway. You know?

History. Now, I believe, that seeing as how we're going to be plunged into the atrocities of WWII, and working within that time period, that all previous Assassin Order knowledge is open and usable to use. Therefore, any weapons, gear, locations, famous Assassins ... this is all going to be usable to us, along with the technologies of the time. This means, if you want to have a famous Assassin as an ancestor, and special abilities based off of them, go for it.

I will post my CS with this thread, so that you can see just what I mean, but if you see an ability that you wanted to use, and its taken up by two people, let me know, I can probably change so you can use it. ^.^

Name:

Assassin Rank: For ranks, see here

Description:

History:

Gear:

Special abilities:

FALLENProdigy's Character Sheet:

Name: Absalom "Salem" Richards

Assassin Rank: Master Assassin (First recruited Assassin of Churchill)

Description:

AC5-2.jpg

(Apologies. I notice that this says AC5 Reclamations on it.)

Outfit and looks as shown above. Scar running from top of right eyebrow, down to the middle of his right cheek. Left ring finger branded as per Assassin doctrine, circa 1400's

History:

Absalom was born to an impoverished family, cast out at an early age to fend for himself, so he took to thievery to survive. The slums of London were obviously no place for a boy, yet he quickly developed quite a repertoire as a street urchin, soon having other brats turning to him for advice and help. Unaccustomed to such leadership, he nevertheless took it in stride, commanding the local orphans as a small thieves cell. The local authorities used them as an information broker, paying them pittance for locations on outstanding criminals.

As he matured into a teenager, he became more and more daring in his occupation, making a notorious name for himself among law enforcement. Soon, he caught the eye of a young politician, Winston Churchill, then the First Lord of the Admiralty, due to his part in the first World War. The two developed what could only be described as a mentor-student bond, as Churchill taught him the finer points of civilisation, as well as how to use a rapier. "A gentleman's weapon, Salem" He was often heard to remark. Salem was the nickname with which he affectionately referred to his protegee, and the young Englishman grew into a fine man, displaying a poise and attitude befitting a lord, yet also showing the less humble beginnings from which he came.

Eventually, Churchill confided in Salem his biggest secret: the Assassin Order. Being a higher ranking Assassin himself, Churchill explained the Order's aims, their motivations, their history. He left nothing untold, from the disassembly of the Order at Masyaf, through to its resurrection by the famed Mentor, Al'tair Ibn-La'ahad, past the wanderings and journals of Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and even into the political struggles and the Orders efforts in Colonial America. At the end, he had more than won over Salem, and the young man was inducted into the Order at the age of 19, one of the youngest in the English Brotherhoods' history.

For the next 18 years, Salem traveled almost exclusively with Churchill, acting as his bodyguard once the politician attained the rank of Mentor, and again, this time public, as soon as the man became Prime Minister. No one knows exactly what he can do, however, he was the first recommended for the assignment into Germany ...

Gear:

Dual Hidden Blades - Reserved for the rank of Master Assassin, these blades are crafted with a combination of leather, metal and a hardened alloy.

Schiavona - This elegant weapon was found among a deceased Englishman's personal effects, and appropriated by Salem for use in close-quarters situations.

Walter P-40 x2 (Modified) - These pistols have been heavily modified by Salem, incorporating a quick clip release, larger clip size and muzzle breaks to increase effectiveness.

Special abilities:

Coming Soon

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]I did not come here to hate, but I read the starting post and I thought I'd enlighten you on some Assassin's Creed knowledge, Churchill, in fact, was a Templar. All of the Allies and Axis leaders were, because they were a ploy by the Templars to cause world turmoil. I know this isn't entirely based off of AC but if it was, this would be the correct lore.
~Wastes Storyteller (Huge AC Nerd)

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that. This is just something I threw together, and I would like to stick to it. Never come across anything in AC lore that says both sides were Templar, but I didn't really delve into it all that much.

Wasn't saying you should change it, thought I'd enlighten you. But nevertheless it is a good idea and you should stick with it.

Dear Lord. I forgot the pain of timezone differences. Haha. I may be tending to rush at the moment, but let me know via PM, (Or I suppose its called "conversation" on this site), as to whether or not you are definitely going to be in, or if you have started your CS.

Lets keep the momentum swinging in our favour, guys! ^.^

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back