• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Soma: PATHOS II

XxLuluxX

Thar Be Dragons

"Welcome to PATHOS II kiddos."

latest

Based upon the video game. The events prior and beginning of after the meteor hit. All events within the station- PATHOS II.

Soma takes place in an underwater research facility known as PATHOS-II. PATHOS-II is a group of stations scattered around the North Atlantic ocean originally functioning as a "space gun", or more precisely, a mass driver, an installation designed to send objects into space without the hassle of building expensive rockets.

Unexpectedly, PATHOS-II became a shelter and the last known human settlement to exist on Earth after a comet impact caused a major extinction event. Here, the last humans survive on a day-to-day basis, attempting to fight the negative effects of their collective isolation. During this period, the machines in PATHOS-II began to develop human characteristics and a consciousness.

PATHOS-II is a sprawling complex consisting of eight underwater stations and one surface station. Sites Upsilon, Delta, Theta, Lambda and Omicron are located on a relatively shallow section of the ocean floor referred to as the plateau. Tau, Phi, and Alpha are located on a small section of the abyssal plain that lies below this plateau. Site Omega is located on the surface. PATHOS-II also maintains contact with several cities internationally, including Lisbon, Cadiz, London, and New York.

latest

• Upsilon - 99m
    Upsilon contains the facility's primary power generation plant. Geothermal boreholes are used to generate electricity. Upsilon also contains extensive facilities used to service and maintain PATHOS-II's collection of robots and Universal Helpers.
    Lambda - 96m
    Little is seen of Lambda in-game, but it is known that Lambda contains a shuttle transit hub that connects all of the other sites.
    Delta - 64m
    Delta is a small site situated atop an outcropping that extends up from the Abyss. Consisting of several disconnected buildings, a comm antenna and a small control center, Delta is primarily responsible for manufacturing aerodynamic projectile shells for payloads to be launched from the Omega Space Gun.
    Theta - 153m
    Theta is one of the larger complexes, and appears to contain research laboratories, staff living quarters, and administrative offices.
    Omicron - 115m
    Omicron is located on the edge of the plateau, overlooking the Abyss. Omicron is dedicated almost entirely to research, primarily focusing on marine biology, hydroponics, and the effects of structure gel. Omicron also operates the Climber, an elevator used to ferry personnel to and from the sites located in the Abyss.
    Tau - 4114m
    Tau is located in the Abyss, approximately half a kilometer from the lower endpoint of the Climber. Guide lights illuminate a path between the Climber and Tau, used to safely traverse the Abyss without provoking the wildlife. Tau contains several maintenance areas and living quarters for the crew stationed there, as well as a cargo transit system that connects to Phi, originally used for shipping payloads to the space gun.
    Phi - 3802m
    Phi is also located in the Abyss, and primarily houses the Omega Space Gun. Phi possesses a receiving depot connected to the rail system from Tau, used to load payloads into aerodynamic "bullets" which are then loaded into the space gun for launch.
    Omega - 0m
    Omega is a topside installation, situated at the point where the space gun's barrel reaches the ocean surface. Omega is primarily a meteorological outpost.
    Alpha - Depth Unknown
    Alpha is a secret installation, whole existence is not known by all but a select few of PATHOS-II's staff. Alpha is where the WAU's central core is located, and the origin point of its influence across the station.​

"What about you?"

You, in the age of 2103, are being at last minute evacuated to PATHOS- II.

This is due to, a meteorite hitting the earth's surface. Just as it impacts, you were sent down into the depths.

PATHOS- II aims to keep men and women deemed useful to the human race, alive. Such as Biologists, Chemists, Engineers, BioEngineers, BioChemists, and anything to do with Keeping. Humanity. Alive.

You have no family.

You have no friends.

You are the remnants of humanity.

Welcome to PATHOS-II - your expressway to the stars."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh nice! I'm extremely interested. SOMA is one of my favorite games. It's just the story and idea is so great ;u; It resparked my interest in sci-fi.

-fan boys in the corner-

[QUOTE="Glitched Cosmos]Oh nice! I'm extremely interested. SOMA is one of my favorite games. It's just the story and idea is so great ;u; It resparked my interest in sci-fi.
-fan boys in the corner-

[/QUOTE]
xD Im glad you're interested!

Ironrot said:
I'm interested but I don't know what I'd do
Well the storyline revolves around how you and others cope with isolated collectivsation. Soon people will start to kill themselves, Robots will gain feeling and thought mean while you will slowly discover the top secret ARK project, where upon you'll be meeting the artificial intelligence the WAU.

Alright, im looking at afew rps, but theres a good chance I'll choose this one when it gets made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back