• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Solar War [Mecha War RP]

Pentagon

Newtype Magic
In the year 2214, the human race has conquered the Solar system. Humanity can be found from the deep seas of Europa to the peaks of Mars to the orbiting cities of Earth. It is an age of untold prosperity and expansion, technology and uncharted new lands providing lives of wealth and ease for the citizens of the Solar Union. Constant improvements to communications technology let people stay connected over millions of miles, medical technology has extended the lifespan of humans to centuries, computing and robotics have reduced the need for human labor and has let the arts and sciences flourish, ushering in a golden age of thought and reason.

555a1cac6d7ed5b2d208a6ec52890428-d33fy8k.jpg

Until one day, in a remote region of Callisto, an Artificial Intelligence became self-aware, and declared brutal war on its creators. The AI created hundreds of thousands of artificial bodies, all under its direct control, and launched a campaign of genocide, asking no surrender and offering no mercy. The Solar Union was completely unprepared, forced to rearm its almost non-existent military, conscripting millions of soldiers only to be sent to their death as a weapon was designed to win the war: the Anthropomorphic Battle Tank, better known as a Cee [though the spelling has never been agreed upon]. These piloted suits were able to take the fight to the enemy in space and on land, and after a decade of gruelling, bloody combat, the AI was destroyed.

8c886c5187ba95c6bf9acc07ef52322c-d33fuwn.jpg

Humanity was devastated. Planets were scarred, cities burned, populations decimated. The economy collapsed, with starvation and disease rampant, becoming more and more horrific the further one got from Earth, which had remained relatively untouched by the AI. A decade later, the rebuilding efforts have completed inside the asteroid belt, the old level of prosperity finally reached. Outside the asteroid belt, times are still tough. Heavy industry has been shipped to the outer planets, with the still-poor citizens leashed to internal entrepreneurs. Hunger is no longer a problem, but the lack of wealth and scarcity of employment have fostered proletarian extremist sentiment. The champion of the cause, considered a moderate by the hard-line proletarians of the outer planets, is a man named Huey Lombard, a hope for peace and prosperity between the outer and inner planets, campaigning for Chairman of the Solar Union.

bac101e49db8536c49b714ff2f1b093a-d33fxu8.jpg

On the first of October, 2235, Huey Lombard was assassinated by an unknown agent. By the 15th of October, the Jovian Confederacy has declared itself independent, representing all the Outer Planets under one autocratic government, and have declared unrestricted war against their Solar oppressors.

spacebattle.jpg

You will take on the role of a talented batch of recent graduates from ABT academy of Earth, rushed to the front lines in preparation for the first Jovian assault into the Asteroid Belt, filling in the Forty-Fourth Mechanized Infantry Squadron’s Second Wing, issued with the newest Union Cees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope: game's going to be free-form. I have had very mixed experiences with mecha RPGs, so I figured I'll just try this one freeform. If it goes completely wrong, I found a FATE supplement for mecha that I would probably use, but I do not see that happening.

A fair amount, I'd say. With exceptions made to allow for realistic-ish mecha and cinematic space combat, things are going to be as true to life as I can make them while still allowing a good story to be told, with exceptions made for heroics, seeing as the whole reason I am running this is for that good old-fashion fighter ace fun.

We're starting soon, so get in while the getting is good. Plans are to start by the end of the weekend at the latest.

Pentagon said:
Nope: game's going to be free-form. I have had very mixed experiences with mecha RPGs, so I figured I'll just try this one freeform. If it goes completely wrong, I found a FATE supplement for mecha that I would probably use, but I do not see that happening.
Fair enough. You've put in the effort, hope the RP goes well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back