Solar Healing Times

That's handy. I usually round to the nearest half hour, personally.

-S

Just let me get something straight: each month in Creation has 28 days, right? Which, (adding calibration's 5 days) sums up to a total of 425 days a year. Is this correct? It does seem like an awfully long year...

Just let me get something straight: each month in Creation has 28 days' date=' right? Which, (adding calibration's 5 days) sums up to a total of 425 days a year. Is this correct?[/quote']
You are 100% correct.

-S

What's weird about it? If anything, it's more logical and regular that what we deal with in real life.

What would be weird is if Creation had 365 day years, since that's based on a cosmological system that doesn't exist in that world.

-S

Stillborn said:
What's weird about it? If anything, it's more logical and regular that what we deal with in real life.

What would be weird is if Creation had 365 day years, since that's based on a cosmological system that doesn't exist in that world.

-S
Ok. I'll grant you that one. They've got no solar system. So, it's pretty much up to them how they want organize their calendar.

Also, dont forget that Creation is flat.  This is pointed out in Savage Seas, when they show the difficulty of navigation and trying to find your position since there is no 'magnetic north'.  A compas points to the elemental pole of earth.  You can also expect that the seasons will not work the same way.  I dont remember seeing anything in particular in any of the books about this, but I run my games with five seasons, one corisponding to the element of the month.  Fire is summer, air is winter, etc.

Sherwood said:
I dont remember seeing anything in particular in any of the books about this, but I run my games with five seasons, one corisponding to the element of the month.  Fire is summer, air is winter, etc.
You can search the forums, as I've spoken on this before. I'd just like to mention briefly that not only does our real world Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall model NOT exist in Exalted, but that it's also IMPOSSIBLE to reconcile cleanly with the calendar. It's best you abandon the idea of these seasons entirely.

-S

I'm pretty sure they do have seasons, though. I remember reading in some book that Fire months are hot, Air are cold, and flowers blossom dureing Wood.

Also, the Ascending and Descending months are milder, in which the season's distinguishing condition is rising and decreasing, respectively. Which leaves Resplendent as the "strongest" month (Resplendent Air is coldest, Resplendent Fire is hottest, etc.)

I'm pretty sure they do have seasons' date=' though[/quote']
Yes. Five of them. These seasons don't flow in a regular hot-cold-hot-cold cycle that our seasons do, however. the season of Fire really isn't much like summer at all. Same for the rest.

-S

The book that covers the Court of Seasons (I forget if it's GoD or the ST Guide) has some info on it.

Typically, the books do make mention of summer, winter, etc. This is just sloppy inconsistency, however.

-S

WW should really put some effort on standardizing things, and on revision; so this kind of thing doesn't happen so often. It seems as if every author can write wahtever he/she wants, as long as its just slightly related to the original scenario.

StarHawk said:
I recently remade my healing times chart, and this time it's online, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.
http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/wiki.pl?St ... alingTimes

It's a work in progress, but it's there. I hope to add more to it, to make it ultimately useful. :)
I think I found some errors.

3 hours are 180 minutes and so an exalted with body mending etc. needs 18 Minutes not 13.

2 days are 48 hours or 2880 minutes, wich means 288 minutes or 4 hours and 48 Minutes instead of 4h 28min.

And at least (not really imortant) One tenth of a week is 16h and 48 minutes not 40, but that doesnt really matters.

CU

Sturmfalke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back