• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sol: Planets United ( Futuristic and maybe Nation Building)

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
The year 2050. Humankind was on the brink of extinction. Within the next 50 years, World War 3 had killed a billion, famine and pestilence followed with another billion. Although humans were never again at war with each other, climate change and resource depletion has killed several hundred millions. The technology used to destroy ourselves and this planet was harnessed into making a new life among the stars.

We just could not save our home.... Earth.

With humanity finally working as a united race, achievements in space exploration allowed us to travel at .5 C. It was then that everything had changed. We realized in 2110 that we were not alone in the universe....

Martians........

That's is the intro I had in mine for this RP.

Sol: Planets United, is about humankind finding out they were not alone in the Universe. And actually the local planet neighborhood was filled with life. Planets along with their satellites teemed with life. With the exception of earth all races in the solar system were in a system wide commonwealth.

Local races include.

Martians: Humanoid. The oldest Race and founders of the alliance. They were the ones who made first contact with humans. Intelligent and mild mannered.

Venusians: Humanoid. A race made up entirely of women. These women were suited for leaderships roles in the Commonwealth, most notably within the Commonwealth Fleet. They are of a noble warrior like culture.

Mercurians: Insect/humanoid. Mercurians are the most abundant race, and the hardest working. They are the backbone of the Commonwealth and have workers in all sectors of the commonwealth's workforce.

Terezars: Reptile/ Humanoid. Fast and Fierce, the Terezars live mainly on the moons of the outer giants. They can be cunning and short tempered.

Atlantian: Humanoid/ sea creatures. The ocean world of neptune is their home. They are graceful and peaceable, keepers of the beauties in the system.

Energons: Energy Soul: Living energy and inhabitans of Jupiter and Saturn. The Martians created technology known as 'living armor' so that Energons can function within the commonwealth when needed. Genderless and simple.

Plutonians: humanoid/sheep? Fluffy. Cuddly. Petite.

Form of Government:

Triumvirate: 3 heads of State representing the 3 Sectors in the Mutual Agreement Pact. The 3 leaders are a Mercurian Head of Economy, Venusian Head of Military and Martian Head of Sciences.

Under the Triumvirate there is a parliament made up of members from all races representing the Divisions underneath each of the 3 Sectors.

Military
Forces

Diplomacy

Internal Security ( police)

Disaster Relief

Emergency Services
Economy
Agriculture

Resources

Energy

Transportation
Sciences
Telecommunication

R&D

Planetary Healthcare

Exploration

Information Technology

Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
DrCompton said:
Id be interested.
Great!

While we wait for hopefully more people to join, which of the races would you want your character to be.

Whichever you choose I would leave the development of that races background to you.

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
I would love to play as the "Energons" Race.
Kyzaba said:
Maybe I as well
Excellent. You can start working on characters I guess.

I need to expand on the setting a bit more....

I was thinking either a school base plot, easy way of gathering all races into one place.

Military plot would do just about the same thing.

Other ideas are welcome

@Shin Positron Laser

Well the setting needs to be something that would bring many differentiating races together, while allowing for the forward movement of a plot. If we do the military root it could allow for the exploration of alien planets and the creation of quests. We could also just be apart of an Exploration Crew, which would have the same affect and sounds nice. It would also allow for more character variation in what their job is on board.

Energons

Historic Files: Few files exist on the 'beings' termed Energons. Their history is not written down, but stored away in their collective mind according to an Energon. All stored history on them has come from oral presentations from themselves. As such all data stored here should be met with a certain level of skepticism in terms of factual value until physical proof is cited...

:START TRANSMISSION: Energon : In the past we used to be composed of atoms and were the results of their interactions just like you. We have, mostly, transcended such psychical limitations for bodies of Quarks, Leptons, Muons, Photons, and other particles that you have yet to recognize with your carbonized minds. Do not ask how Alien because we know well your kind took some samples already, though your low technology can't fully grasp it. Our history is quite simple you will find. We travel, learn, and debauch. Presently we are at the 'learning' stage with your species. :END TRANSMISSION:

Alliance Relations: After the first encounter with Energons they have formally agreed to join the Alliance. At this time there are only so much as 1,000 in the solar system, though their numbers is in no danger of decreasing. Due to their odd bodies they have agreed to wear specialized suits that both contains their energy and gives them a humanoid figure. For our purposes the suits actively studies their energy signatures, which they seem oddly aware of. At this time they hold no major positions in the Alliance, but lead a peaceful nomadic existence. They have said there is more of them located in another Solar System, but offer no spacial location data saying it is in some 'Quantum Foam Singularity'. As such they are treated as an endangered species and are watched over, but they are oddly aware of this.

Biological Data: Studies have proved inconclusive. Energons have no DNA or organic substances. Limited studies have made it clear that they can not be understood through a Biological lens. Their bodies, which we say loosely, is composed of highly energized particles organized around a core. From what we can tell it centralized the energy and patronized it. When the army {Data Expunged} the Energon it likely caused the {Data Expunged}. :CORE TRANSFERRED TO PHYSICIST DEPARTMENT:

Physics Data: {Your level of access doesn't give you permission to view this information. Enforcement officers have been dispatched to your location due to Illegal Hacking. Have a nice day.}

latest

latest

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
Well the setting needs to be something that would bring many differentiating races together, while allowing for the forward movement of a plot. If we do the military root it could allow for the exploration of alien planets and the creation of quests. We could also just be apart of an Exploration Crew, which would have the same affect and sounds nice. It would also allow for more character variation in what their job is on board.
Sounds like a plan. I was thinking about an exploration type rp. We can build on it together. Also, the quests thing is a good point thanks.

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
Energons

Historic Files: Few files exist on the 'beings' termed Energons. Their history is not written down, but stored away in their collective mind according to an Energon. All stored history on them has come from oral presentations from themselves. As such all data stored here should be met with a certain level of skepticism in terms of factual value until physical proof is cited...

:START TRANSMISSION: Energon : In the past we used to be composed of atoms and were the results of their interactions just like you. We have, mostly, transcended such psychical limitations for bodies of Quarks, Leptons, Muons, Photons, and other particles that you have yet to recognize with your carbonized minds. Do not ask how Alien because we know well your kind took some samples already, though your low technology can't fully grasp it. Our history is quite simple you will find. We travel, learn, and debauch. Presently we are at the 'learning' stage with your species. :END TRANSMISSION:

Alliance Relations: After the first encounter with Energons they have formally agreed to join the Alliance. At this time there are only so much as 1,000 in the solar system, though their numbers is in no danger of decreasing. Due to their odd bodies they have agreed to wear specialized suits that both contains their energy and gives them a humanoid figure. For our purposes the suits actively studies their energy signatures, which they seem oddly aware of. At this time they hold no major positions in the Alliance, but lead a peaceful nomadic existence. They have said there is more of them located in another Solar System, but offer no spacial location data saying it is in some 'Quantum Foam Singularity'. As such they are treated as an endangered species and are watched over, but they are oddly aware of this.

Biological Data: Studies have proved inconclusive. Energons have no DNA or organic substances. Limited studies have made it clear that they can not be understood through a Biological lens. Their bodies, which we say loosely, is composed of highly energized particles organized around a core. From what we can tell it centralized the energy and patronized it. When the army {Data Expunged} the Energon it likely caused the {Data Expunged}. :CORE TRANSFERRED TO PHYSICIST DEPARTMENT:

Physics Data: {Your level of access doesn't give you permission to view this information. Enforcement officers have been dispatched to your location due to Illegal Hacking. Have a nice day.}

latest

latest

Man that is some nice codding you got there. Any chance we can make that our standard?

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
@Shin Positron Laser
I don't mind you can use it and make changes as you see fit.
Great, perhaps it'll be the form used for each race. That would be nice.

CrimsonEclipse said:
I am interested as well.
Yes please join!

I would like to aim to have at least 1 of each race, although having enough people to fill each of them is not necessary to start the RP. Anyone really interested in creating a character from a race will have the privilege of making the main part of their background like @TheMadIceCreamMan has done in thread.

Also I'll hold back from making a PM convo for now, that way we can expose the interest thread to more RPers and generate even more interest.

I'm excited to see what other people do for their races. Also, @Shin Positron Laser have you already worked out how the politics work in the Solar System? How are decisions made when it encompasses multiple races?

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
I'm excited to see what other people do for their races. Also, @Shin Positron Laser have you already worked out how the politics work in the Solar System? How are decisions made when it encompasses multiple races?
Me too!

We will use a Triumvirate, 3 heads of state.

The Triumvirate will be derived from 3 Sectors in the Mutual Alliance Pact of the Planetary Interest Sectors (Shorter name tbd), basically the main interests in which all races share.

The M.A.P.P.S.I.S. includes, Economy, Sciences and Military. Each Sector has divisions underneath them ( healthcare, police etc) each with their own Division Head.

The Triumvirates will be a Mercurian for Economy, Martian for Sciences and Venusian for Military.

CrimsonEclipse said:
Nice, I'd love to play as a Terezar by the way.
Cool Terezars are yours to develop if you wish.

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
@CrimsonEclipse
I would love to see what you choose to represent a creature that evolved on a gas giant considering its hostile environment.
Well they actually live on the moons themselves.

Also it is worth noting that all these races kept themselves really well hidden from humans for eons. The commonwealth technology had blinded them even with the humans stretch into the solar system.

CrimsonEclipse said:
So are the Terezars technologically advanced, or do are they quite primitive? Or is it up to me to decide?
I would imagine that since the Terezars are part of the commonwealth, whatever they wanted shared with them such as technology would be open to them. It is good to remember that no matter which race, all races were more technologically advanced than humans of the 22nd century.

What would be good, would be to develop technology that is intrinsic to their nature.

I will try and update the first post with information we develop in the thread so that interested people can see what we have already.

So I was thinking about the plot a bit more and trying to condense it into a smaller world at least for the benefit of character interactions.

I was thinking of using a Space ship as a platform setting. We're confined to a ship to allow characters to interact and we can have the whole group put into mission situations of every sort.

I came up with this idea called Fareach ( pronounced Far Reach ) which stands for Fleet Advance Responders Emergency Authority Commonwealth Humanism.

Basically it is an organization formed directly with the authority of the Triumvirs to intervene and aid in Crisis Situations as First Responders. They sort of give time for other emergency forces, military or relief organizations to organize.

As the first word implies it is a fleet. There are 12 FAREACH fleets in the Armada. 1 for each planet, the sun and 2 for the asteroid belt. A single fleet has has at the least the following types of ships.

(1) Light Operations Carrier Headquarters L.O.C.H.

This ship acts as the main coordinator, directing other vessels, personnel and equipment during a mission. It has a standard Fighter Wing (48) and a compliment of MPD's (100) or multi-purpose drones housed in its 2 hangars. Total Length 4500m Height 1200m
Hyperion.jpg

(3) PlanetFall Stations
These ships are able to land on a planet's surface when Crisis is within the planets atmosphere. They act as support outposts and feed information directly to the L.O.C.H. Length 250 Height 75
thorax1280x800.jpg

(1) Specialized Equipment Vessel
This ship houses within its hollowed hull specialized equipment for peculiar Crisis situations. They can also house auxiliary craft and drones. Length 750m Height 400m
noname.jpg

(2) Civilian Evacuation Transport Ship C.E.T.S.
In times where huge amounts of populaces are in need of temporary relocation these ships can accommodate 10000 passengers each. Length 500 m Height 750
index.php

@Shin Positron Laser

I like the concept, but there a more ship variants any fleet would need...

(3) Orbital Mass Attack Ship O.M.A.S.
These ships carry basic weaponry such as war drones and ion canons to protect the fleet from opposition. Their smaller size and unique shape affords them the ability to move around the fleet nimbly. These ships work on the front line and are likely to be the first to meet destruction. A consequence of this results in most of the ship being run by A.I. systems and carry little cargo to reduce loss.

Lachesis.jpg
(1) Extraction Management Central Core
In most common fleets the L.O.C.H. carries out mining procedures with drones. These ships are only present in fleets organized in the asteroid belt where ores and minerals are rich. These ships extract huge amounts of ore and minerals that many other planet's colonies depend on.

2909_2009.jpg

I think how these ships run (type of energy source used, damage resistance, weaknesses) and what its takes to maintain them should be discussed.

TheMadIceCreamMan said:
@Shin Positron Laser
I like the concept, but there a more ship variants any fleet would need...

(3) Orbital Mass Attack Ship O.M.A.S.
These ships carry basic weaponry such as war drones and ion canons to protect the fleet from opposition. Their smaller size and unique shape affords them the ability to move around the fleet nimbly. These ships work on the front line and are likely to be the first to meet destruction. A consequence of this results in most of the ship being run by A.I. systems and carry little cargo to reduce loss.

Lachesis.jpg
(1) Extraction Management Central Core
In most common fleets the L.O.C.H. carries out mining procedures with drones. These ships are only present in fleets organized in the asteroid belt where ores and minerals are rich. These ships extract huge amounts of ore and minerals that many other planet's colonies depend on.

2909_2009.jpg

I think how these ships run (type of energy source used, damage resistance, weaknesses) and what its takes to maintain them should be discussed.
The ships I outlined were the basics of any of the groups. The OMAS would be more present around the systems outer rim but can be counted as a unit within each FAREACH fleet part of a stardard Fighter Wing, whereas the EMCC would be likely within the Asteroid Belt fleets and the fleet on Saturn. It is safe to say the characters will belong to one of these fleets. I am almost wondering if this fits into Nation Building.

Anyway adding more detailed ships. Once we have what we need I'll compile it into one.

(~100) Multi-Purpose Drones MPD.

These unmaned Drone Ships can be outfitted for just about any situation. Mission Fittings and Deployment are made easy within the assembly line inside the hangars of the LOCH. 3m diameter

Tristan.jpg

(24~48) Light Assault Ship LAS
The standard fighter ship in the Commonwealth. It is the fastest and deadliest mass assembly ship ever built. 2 individuals are used in piloting this craft.

Gallente+Atron.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back