• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern So, you wanna make it big?

Novus

Three Thousand Club
This is it.

It's been a long time coming, but we finally have a chance to make it big. The East Coast Slam is one of the biggest band comps on the map and our little group has an invitation. The Prize: A contract with Fueled By Ramen. I know...wicked.

But first, we have to get some crap cleared within the ranks. There is a lost of work to be put in, not to mention that some--if not all--of us are pretty fucked up.

Still wanna make it big?

~

Roles:

Vocals "Partnership"

1.Taken by Always

Guitars

Bassist

1.Taken By @Asylumnated

Keyboard

Drummer

the Roadies

3.(optional)

This roleplay will not be gender-specific, nor will it be first-come. You really want in, show me. Me and my co-GM, Asylumnated, will thoroughly read every single application and come to a consensus about it. There is a deadline that will start as soon as I get enough interested folks and start up my thread. This roleplay will be subject to a spin off, but has a set outcome so don't worry about the plot getting super dry. Plus, Its me and Asylumn. It'll be fun, promise.

All I really expect is regular posting at a minimum of 3 per week. School is everything, but please try. For me? Tankyou.

Any other rules will be developed within the thread when it is made. And to keep up morale, I'd like to hear some of your ideas for the RP below. Thanks, my RPeeps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here because you promised fun and I like the work the both of you do. Please tag me when the rp's up!

And hmm...because I'm all about morale, lemmee think...it might be interesting if one or more members of the band are not, in fact, founding members. Perhaps a member or two jumped ship at one point and will also be attending the East Coast Slam with their new band.

This roleplay sounds really awesome (I love band roleplays!!), and I've got a feeling the both of you are awesome GM's (even though I've never roleplayed with either of you). I hope this roleplay lasts till the end of time (even if I'm not in it), because it sounds promising, fun, and even slightly humorous.

So, for ideas.. what if, going along with what Trace said, an old member of the band sabotages them right before they go on stage? So they have to quickly think of a backup or solve whatever sabotage crap happens up there. Just an idea. (Oh, and I'd love to be a singer if there's a spot still open.)

Guys, All spots except those chosen are open. I hand pick characters in RPs like you'd pick vegetables. Don't worry, everyone has as much opportunity as the next person...excluding the creators, to the smallest extent.

I need a few more opinions and I'll be motivated to put this baby into gear.

So far, the ideas are nice. While we wait for the C/S deadline, we can discuss these thoughts further, though I really dig the Swashbucklingly ship jumpy Idea.

RedLikeRoses said:
This roleplay sounds really awesome (I love band roleplays!!), and I've got a feeling the both of you are awesome GM's (even though I've never roleplayed with either of you). I hope this roleplay lasts till the end of time (even if I'm not in it), because it sounds promising, fun, and even slightly humorous.
So, for ideas.. what if, going along with what Trace said, an old member of the band sabotages them right before they go on stage? So they have to quickly think of a backup or solve whatever sabotage crap happens up there. Just an idea. (Oh, and I'd love to be a singer if there's a spot still open.)
Ruined/Stolen equipment? Bribed the agent to give up their spot? Some singers drink vinegar before their shows (I think) so, in terms of sabotage, the drink could be switched and screw up the vocals throats.

Ohhh the deceit.

I have some ideas for the character I'm concepting but outside that...universal ideas hmm...

Have the cars break down and have them stranded in some backwater town in the middle of nowhere for at least a night and a day. Chaos ensues.

~Dude, I got this~

• Someone gets too deep into the rockstar life and develops a drug problem that the others must worry about
  • Someone is sleeping the band to the top/sleeping with all the right people to get them what they want
  • A prank war with another band (who could act as NPC/Neutral characters?) that gets out of hand and causes some sort of harm
  • Someone is considering leaving the band for a solo career option they've been presented
  • They face legal troubles for a similarity to copyrighted song, thanks to a rival band, who pointed it out to the original artist
  • The band is literally so fucked up from their pasts with each other and love triangles that their music begins to suffer, and they set a rule: no bandcest during the competition, which only angers others.

~I could do this all day. If those aren't good enough to get your gears going~

And the thread is in works as of right now. Thank you those who have expressed interest. You, and any others who pop up here, will be tagged in the OOC. I will also put the link up above for anyone who just wants to click at it sporadically. Thanks for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back