Food [deleted]

I honestly think, like any other group, that 97% of Vegans are just normal human beings who go about their lives without causing a fuss, but it's usually the 3% of extremists that draw the bad rep to the whole group.

However, I can understand their argument to a degree. In the US, a lot of slaughterhouses got closed down, partially because people didn't want to live next to them (and for good reason, since they would smell, etc), so animals literally get shipped to the few slaughterhouses across the country. This leads to over exertion of resources and extremely cruel circumstances (intended or unintended) for both the people working there and for the animals. For example, pigs are extremely smart creatures, and workers are forced to electrically stun the animals because they're fully aware of what's going on.

This also leads to improper sanitation, which means salmonella, e.coli, and other bacteria can contaminate fresh vegetables, peanut butter, and other food products.

Milking cows and egg laying chickens, especially when mass produced is extremely taxing on the animals. For so many of them, their whole life is confined to a tiny square. Cows are given hormones to stimulate their heat (is that the term?), and then artificially inseminated to produce a calf, and then ultimately be milked. When the calf is born, it's usually taken from it's mother in a matter of hours, which can cause emotional distress to both animals, and shortens their life span.

But on the other hand, just eliminating all domestic animals and setting them wild would be impossible. Dairy cows and sheep, for instance, have no instincts left. They don't know how to fend for themselves. Also, shearing sheep is literally giving the sheep a hair cut.. There's nothing cruel about it, unless I've incorrectly understood something.

I would also like to point out that we've got teeth specifically for biting and chewing meat. Our bodies were designed to process it, and for many, it's necessary to survive.

I have nothing against vegans, and I think their fundamental belief behind eating like this is to respect animals, because they are also a life. A lot of times we forget that, but they're just as capable of emotions as we are. It isn't humane how we keep and slaughter them. I think it's important to improve the conditions surrounding domestic animals, but I also know it's impossible to do so. Not everyone can afford organic or humanely raised meats and products.

Does that make them bad people?

Absolutely not.

I think a lot of people who become vegans live in privileged circumstances. It's not a cheap life style, and for many, it's not affordable.

What I do have a problem with are the people who force their beliefs onto others. No one cares what you believe in as long as you are happy and those around you are happy. It's your life and no one should dictate that. Nothing is more "right" than the other. I don't agree with vegans calling meat eaters "horrible humans" and forcing them into eating vegan foods.

I suppose that is my stance on the issue ^^;

I honestly think, like any other group, that 97% of Vegans are just normal human beings who go about their lives without causing a fuss, but it's usually the 3% of extremists that draw the bad rep to the whole group.

However, I can understand their argument to a degree. In the US, a lot of slaughterhouses got closed down, partially because people didn't want to live next to them (and for good reason, since they would smell, etc), so animals literally get shipped to the few slaughterhouses across the country. This leads to over exertion of resources and extremely cruel circumstances (intended or unintended) for both the people working there and for the animals. For example, pigs are extremely smart creatures, and workers are forced to electrically stun the animals because they're fully aware of what's going on.

This also leads to improper sanitation, which means salmonella, e.coli, and other bacteria can contaminate fresh vegetables, peanut butter, and other food products.

Milking cows and egg laying chickens, especially when mass produced is extremely taxing on the animals. For so many of them, their whole life is confined to a tiny square. Cows are given hormones to stimulate their heat (is that the term?), and then artificially inseminated to produce a calf, and then ultimately be milked. When the calf is born, it's usually taken from it's mother in a matter of hours, which can cause emotional distress to both animals, and shortens their life span.

But on the other hand, just eliminating all domestic animals and setting them wild would be impossible. Dairy cows and sheep, for instance, have no instincts left. They don't know how to fend for themselves. Also, shearing sheep is literally giving the sheep a hair cut.. There's nothing cruel about it, unless I've incorrectly understood something.

I would also like to point out that we've got teeth specifically for biting and chewing meat. Our bodies were designed to process it, and for many, it's necessary to survive.

I have nothing against vegans, and I think their fundamental belief behind eating like this is to respect animals, because they are also a life. A lot of times we forget that, but they're just as capable of emotions as we are. It isn't humane how we keep and slaughter them. I think it's important to improve the conditions surrounding domestic animals, but I also know it's impossible to do so. Not everyone can afford organic or humanely raised meats and products.

Does that make them bad people?

Absolutely not.

I think a lot of people who become vegans live in privileged circumstances. It's not a cheap life style, and for many, it's not affordable.

What I do have a problem with are the people who force their beliefs onto others. No one cares what you believe in as long as you are happy and those around you are happy. It's your life and no one should dictate that. Nothing is more "right" than the other. I don't agree with vegans calling meat eaters "horrible humans" and forcing them into eating vegan foods.

I suppose that is my stance on the issue ^^;

I absolutely agree with you. Well said, very well said.

I'm vegan, but I don't really give a fuck what anyone else eats. I wouldn't want someone to make me feel bad for being vegan, so why should I make them feel bad for not being vegan?

I went vegan for a little while but it just didn't suit me well. I became way too skinny, lost all of my body fat. And I was hungry all the time. Now I try to avoid junk food and eat just like any other omnivore would, and I thankfully gained back the weight. I think it's healthiest to consume animals and plants, since that was how our bodies were built and programmed. We do best when we have a very varied diet, and while we don't need additions like milk and eggs just simple meat and vegetables suits us very well.

Some people say veganism works for them, but I'm all about nature so I like eating what humans have eaten since the beginning of time. And I own a ball python that eats live food, so I've kind of become callused to the circle of life. I don't really care anymore.
tongue.png

I do wish that the animals bred and raised in factories weren't in such harsh conditions, but with so many people to feed you really do need quantity and people who run those businesses stop caring about the animals' best interest.

I just watched Okja and am considering going vegan. I already have half my school convinced that I actually am because of a single joke, so why not?

I just watched Okja and am considering going vegan. I already have half my school convinced that I actually am because of a single joke, so why not?
Have you ever had any meat substitute that you genuinely enjoyed as much or more than the meat it was substituting

I think the point of veganism/vegetarianism isn't usually just that it tastes better, though. If I just ate what tasted best to me, I'd be eating ice cream or chocolate bread for every meal, but I don't do that because it's unhealthy. Most vegans/vegetarians are so because of their concern about factory conditions and/or their own personal health.

Last edited:
I once won a bet with my vegan girlfriend. She said that if I, who packed my own lunch normally, could find a chicken nugget, she would eat it. I immediately went straight up to the cafeteria counter and got the school lunch which was chicken nuggets. Her face was priceless.

I don't agree with vegans calling meat eaters "horrible humans" and forcing them into eating vegan foods.

Actually, because they don't use euphemisms(Which is way more arrogant and pretentious in my opinion) and immediately go for the hyperbolic, overblown language, they make us sound like death metal cultist Khornate Berserkers in some capacity and makes meat-eating sound....slightly bad-ass.

Instead of eating meat, we 'cannibalistically devour' our meat in a state of ;frenzied bloodlust'.

I mean, this post sums up about how I feel towards those insults.

XCgweq1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back