So, I have an awesome story, and I wanna change it from RP, to novel.

PenBlade1326

The Faint Light In The Dark Tunnel Of Life
A couple of years ago, I had a role play on here that lasted about 2 and a half months, and it was one of the best RPs I had ever done. It was the first one I created here that actually had some success, and I really enjoyed it, and the 5 other players involved made it even better.

And now, I'm older, smarter, and still think about a RP I did in late 2014 that lasted 2 and a half months. It's a good story, with a lot of fun and detail. Thought it's dead, I tried re doing it...no success. But now, I'm in a phases where I'd like to turn that RP into a novel, with new characters, names, etc. My question is, would it be ethical to make a RP I created into a book, while changing names, descriptions, and minor personalities of characters? Or is that plagiarism, and is it wrong? I don't want to break rules or upset anyone, just as RP creator, I don't want my baby to forever die. Thoughts?

Using the same characters, whether you change name and minor personalities or not, would be taking someone else's intellectual property. It'd be a massive legal headache.

Hmm, well, if you want to use characters from the actual RP, PM those RPers. If you're going to use different characters and stuff, then no, it's not plagiarizing. It's YOUR RP, so I don't see the problem. It's just like converting a novel to an RP if you use different characters. Hope this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back