So has anyone else about given up on Exalted 3e?

Are you still going to Pick Up Exatled 3e when or if :) it hits?

• Heck yeah.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. The endless delays have honked me off, I'll stick to 2.5.

• I think I'll wait and see what the word of mouth says.

• I think Onyx Path will go broke before they are done with it anyway.

• Total voters

hellrazoromega

Department of Redundancy Department.
This many be a sore subject. But with all the delays the chatter on Exalted 3e went from a trickle to nothing. In fact the leak may have done Onyx Path some service by keeping it in the internet consciousness for a bit longer. I, like many, was so jazzed when I heard about 3e and was even kinda bummed I missed the KS. I am now glad I missed it and am not in the same boat as the myriad of disgruntled backers.

So I have to ask, has the endless string of delays brought things to the point for some that they won't even bother to pick up 3e when it hits, or are most still planning to buy?

As a huge Exalted fan I thought it would be fun to poll where people stand if that is OK with the staff? If not I am sure they will act swiftly to send me to Siberia.

I'll stick to using M&M for the ruleset and picking whatever ED of fluff for games. Probably will be ignoring the new 3ed stuff cuz some of it is retarded even for Exalted like the new splats save for the bootleg exalts of X.

3e has been written, developed and tested. It's currently in the layout stage, which is the very last stage before it's sent out.

The delays have been obnoxiously long, but I am still going to get it. Anything is better than the clusterfuck that is 2.5.

I'm extremely disapointed in the so called professional way this was handled. The fact that it keeps not coming out is a reason why almost all Exalted support has died on the site, maybe when E3 comes out if it ever does, we'd get an E3 fanbase going again.

Right now D&D5, The soon to be released star wars force and destiny, Shadowrun, all these things have slowly become more popular on the site and they've been keeping me well entertained.

There is certainly no lack of games in the world.

As for if I'm going to get it, I don't have a choice, I was gifted a golden book from the kickstarter. Hopefully E3 will turn out to be well worth the wait.

As a company however, there are much better groups to be giving out my hard earned dollars to.

Yeah I am really looking forward to Force and Destiny, at least I know I can trust the vast majority of what Fantasy flight puts out. I love Shadowrun, more now that I am older than I did when it came out oddly enough, and am astounded by its continuing popularity. I put out a call for a tabletop game at my local store and in the span of 3 days I got 13 players itching for a game so now I am running two SR games.(@V@)( :o )

I like some of the things I have heard about Exalted 3e (no system I have yet encountered is perfect or even close to it) so I am sure it will have its flaws. But I agree the handling of this has been horrible, a sad state for a company that holds so many great licenses from what was once one of the top game companies that ever was. Whether you liked it or not in the late 90s and early 00s you could hardly walk into a game store without seeing a (sometimes literal) wall of White Wolf books. Even were I not a WW fan it is a shame to see a game company (or its former IP) fall so far, as I think it diminishes the hobby as a whole. I am sickened by what OP has done because WW created three of my all time favorite settings Exalted (far an away my favorite game, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and the Aeon/Trinity line.

Having played the 3e leak, I am still looking forward to it- but thats mostly because unlike a lot of people, Exalted was never The biggest deal to mě.

Always prefered dnd, shadowrun, and call of Cthluhu.

I love SR and CoC. DnD can be fun, though Pathfinder is my fav version(with some house rules to prevent all the cherry picking people do to min-max characters). I just love Exalted so much becasue it breaks the Ethnocentric/Tolkienesque habit of so many fantasy games that lore and societies have to resemble "Western" structures. Seeing something based on Eastern ideas (with a dash of Central and South American flavor), without defaulting to, "Its like Japan and/or China," was refreshing beyond words to me. Far to many fantasy games are set around either European knights or Japanese samurai, as if that is all there ever was. Sadly, that is based on the sorrowful lack of education about cultures not descended from Europe in Western academia. I suppose I could add the Nipponophilia that pervades geek circles to explain the knowledge of all things Japanese. I mean most could tell you what a Kitsune was but far fewer would know what a Huli Jing or Kumiho was; the point being there is so much more to Asia than Japan, something Exalted just gets so well. As a historian I am often appalled about the sheer lack of history classes (here in America) based on Asia, Oceania, Africa, or Latin America.

To see Exalted blend Indian and other Eastern as well as Native American ideas with a bit of over the top Wuxia action is what makes it my all time favorite. All that to say that as much as I hate to give OP my money I'm probably going to pick up the book, should it ever arrive, because I just have to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
hellrazoromega said:
I love SR and CoC. DnD can be fun, though Pathfinder is my fav version(with some house rules to prevent all the cherry picking people do to min-max characters). I just love Exalted so much becasue it breaks the Ethnocentric/Tolkienesque habit of so many fantasy games that lore and societies have to resemble "Western" structures. Seeing something based on Eastern ideas (with a dash of Central and South American flavor), without defaulting to, "Its like Japan and/or China," was refreshing beyond words to me. Far to many fantasy games are set around either European knights or Japanese samurai, as if that is all there ever was. Sadly, that is based on the sorrowful lack of education about cultures not descended from Europe in Western academia. I suppose I could add the Nipponophilia that pervades geek circles to explain the knowledge of all things Japanese. I mean most could tell you what a Kitsune was but far fewer would know what a Huli Jing or Kumiho was; the point being there is so much more to Asia than Japan, something Exalted just gets so well. As a historian I am often appalled about the sheer lack of history classes (here in America) based on Asia, Oceania, Africa, or Latin America.
To see Exalted blend Indian and other Eastern as well as Native American ideas with a bit of over the top Wuxia action is what makes it my all time favorite. All that to say that as much as I hate to give OP my money I'm probably going to pick up the book, should it ever arrive, because I just have to know.
You say you want to incorporate less popular cultural inspirations with wuxia action in a cartoonishly superpowered environment?

Do you PbP?

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]You say you want to incorporate less popular cultural inspirations with wuxia action in a cartoonishly superpowered environment?
Do you PbP?

[/QUOTE]
All the time, I run more than I play at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back