Snow: A character seven years in the making

Jennete

Suit Gangs Official Cuddle Buddy
I have been RPing in different places for about 7 years now. I always have this character Snow ready to go as my first character and in doing so she has developed a lot over the years. In most RPs you see her in she is sweet and innocent and naively trusting. But I decided to shake things up a bit and I feel like she has finally reached a whole new level of character, a sweet and innocent girl who is forced to give up on trust. I would really like feedback on how to make this sheet better since I would like to use it as a base for my many more RP adventures to come! :)  Any criticism is appreciated because it means you took the time to read what I wrote, and that is something I thank you for in advance.

Snow

Quote:

“You take my power till I have nothing. I still have my will to live... You cannot take that.”

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]The Incarnation of[/SIZE] Bia[SIZE=18.666666666666664px] the greek goddess personification of power.[/SIZE]

Her blood can grant power-enhancing abilities to all who take it and share their own in return. The laws of her curse are what rules her power. Once you take her blood for your own, her blood will take your heart in its thrall.

A forced need to protect…

to possess.

Goddess Form:

1WXN2WhqCkmdvXLMkhIEMx4GgIqEC2MmXeN7FrUsT8k4eQny31fVcAs8Sl5Ll38HXOZ3mroRec23QfLOErguNX6TlPUZ4ZhbDZqCaji3OW0BdXrEQf8LSarEuc7Mo4IfaFuNgsRm

Appears: 18

Actual: 18

Goddess: Incarnation of Bia

Orientation: Straight

Pet Peeves: People pitying her. Liars.

Hobbies: Reading, walking, maps (she dreams of a life of adventure and travel)

Human Form:

eJkNN6xcSqRYNRp9kl1uxdTPQ0AAdLq-_fCvPj3xy-3FSdqQiBuQC_oCgzWN6GZCcZNRsslwTGGKWJ_Fy6dgHGDI32kbbtP6wgnzKa0G1EVXvFk9pX-5UthxYZeWKeP1j9C_ItH9

Bio: (play theme song while reading if you want)

Born to the world was a babe with the palest skin and almost white blonde hair.

"As delicate as a flower," her father said who shook his shaggy brown hair. In the village the babe was born, dark hair was the most common.

"As unique as a snowflake." Her mother whispered with love in her eyes.

"We shall call her Snow. Our unique delicate Snowflake." To the parent's horror...the baby opened its eyes.

As a young girl Snow was marked as different from birth. Her eyes were the color of roses. They stared into your soul, into the darkest deepest depths you had never even visioned yourself. Her Mother and Father realized the goddess Bia resided in those eyes. They're precious baby girl with eyes of rose, would grow up to the personification of power itself. The village feared the child and in their fear, they isolated her. Even her own parents avoided touching her skin.

Word spread and the Lord of the land where the village lay, came to the house of Snow. He brought with him his priest to the gods in hopes of using this child for his own gains. The priest put a seal on her soul to lock away Bia's powerful nature. She could no longer use any of her power to defend herself or attack others, only grant it to those who took her essence as their own. The leader was thrilled! He had trapped the power of Bia in a human vessel. As he led her out of the house back to a life of slavery, the gods saw what had become of Bia's powers.

The sky broke open in thunder, crying from the heavens. The gods wept for their lost sister. Little did they know, Bia's powers was far from contained. She showed Snow the ways, letting her give her power alright, give them to the storms. The rain froze and a blizzard covered the air so thick that it seemed as if all were blind. In the storm, Snow escaped.

On the road, she met a Traveler who was not afraid of her eyes. The two grew together for years... and fell in love. They moved from place to place, following ancient maps while Snow began to regain what the village had taken from her. Trust in people. He was her hero.

The Traveler asked for her hand and the two wed at a small chapel in the hills... when they returned to the house he had built for her, they were ambushed. The stories of taking Bia's powers from Snow had not faded with time, no they had only grown stronger. The threat of a man having her as his mate for eternity spurred the bravest to act. Her husband was killed before they had ever made love. He had only ever kissed her twice. When he told her "I love you," and on their wedding day. Snow wept and ran as her husband was slaughtered.

She hides now from those that wish to trap her as a prized bird in a gilded cage. Her whole life is destined to make her a tool to be captured and used. Along her travels, some covens said they only wished to protect her from the world. That she needed to be protected. "How could you ever defend yourself? You need a savior. They will break your seal." How wrong the were. She had learned three things as she ran from her husband's house. Love was a weakness not to be trusted. Safety was a breath before capture. To rely on others... is to condemn them to death. She strives to never make those mistakes again. Her greatest wish is to be her own savior. No one would ever be allowed to be her hero again.

Even if it killed her.

Personality:

Empathetic, selfless, nervous, cautious, independent, easy crier, shy, embarrasses easily, guarded, anxious, anxiety attacks, fearful of blood, authority issues.

Powers:

Blood Share: If a creature drinks her blood and shares their own, their power is enhanced triple the original amount.

Blood Song: Once Blood Share is completed the creature will be compelled by strong needs to protect her. Ignoring them is painful. They will always be able to find her as her blood now sings like a siren's call to them.

Power granted: Simply touching another being gives them a small burst of pure power.She can also increase the power of natural forces such as winds, storms, and earthquakes.

Telepathy

Enhanced Smell: Can smell intentions

Advanced healing of herself and others

Immortality (In the way of she never ages past 20)

Skills:

Non-threatening

Extreme gymnastic ability and agility

Observant

Good listener

Theme Song:

Last edited by a moderator:
3 hours ago, Borkus Lazorus said:

Uhhhh, how is this a skill?

And what RP do you plan to apply this character to? 

Just a general outline that can be tweeked and changed for any future fantasy RP. And I labeled it as a skill for if you are trying to not get killed you need to be able to not seem like a threat. If you really are tougher or you want sympathy, to look like you want to fight them or could harm them will open no doors. She has the skill to act and appear non-threatening. But if you think that trait could be somewhere else please tell me! I really would love all feedback! :)  

I'm often repeating myself in thoses feedbacks but oh well. 

- Too sane: From my point of view, she is way too sane for her backstory, some quirks and illogical fears would be nice.

- Wow her parents are some special kind of assholes, why would they abandon their baby like that ? Sure, she may be feared by the townspeople but please, not her parents. The church might kill them later but yeah, I think you should have her parents try to help her during her childhood (besides, they might even be forced to do it by snow's powers) 

- Her conclusion: (To rely on others... is to give up your freedom.)

Fail to make sense to me, everyone who tried to protect her succeded even in death. Why wouldnt she trust people to protect her ? You may wanna change the conclusion or make it something like "Everyone who try to protect me iremediably dies... I dont want more of my friends to die... For their sake, they should just never meet me."

I have much more to say, will continue later. 

20 hours ago, Lil Carnage said:

I'm often repeating myself in thoses feedbacks but oh well. 

- Too sane: From my point of view, she is way too sane for her backstory, some quirks and illogical fears would be nice.

- Wow her parents are some special kind of assholes, why would they abandon their baby like that ? Sure, she may be feared by the townspeople but please, not her parents. The church might kill them later but yeah, I think you should have her parents try to help her during her childhood (besides, they might even be forced to do it by snow's powers) 

- Her conclusion: (To rely on others... is to give up your freedom.)

Fail to make sense to me, everyone who tried to protect her succeded even in death. Why wouldnt she trust people to protect her ? You may wanna change the conclusion or make it something like "Everyone who try to protect me iremediably dies... I dont want more of my friends to die... For their sake, they should just never meet me."

I have much more to say, will continue later. 

Thank you so much for this! And with the parents, I was going with if you have ever had in counters with those who are super religious and then have a gay child, sometimes they completely reject them. These parents are from a religious town and their daughter is born different so they reject the child. But if you truly think it would help her then I am open for change. Like the conclusion, I like that!! I will get on reworking in quirks.

Thank you again for taking time to respond to this. I really appreciate it.

Some points for consideration:

• Everyone's parents are either dead or a bunch of sh*theads. What happened to normal people?
  • Possible plothole: the king/lord/whatever drank her blood but when she escaped he didn't feel the compulsive need to follow her and protect her? It's explained as an innate effect.  Also, how did a baby escape in a blizzard?  Consider your timeframes when explaining a backstory.  
  • This traveller: Did she meet him as a child?  Was he a child?  Were they teens?  Give that character a name. 
  • Character screams: "damsel in distress seeking white knight." Personality reinforces this view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back