• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Smoke and Mirrors (Amaranthine & FirePolaris)

Amaranthine

Dreamer of Impossible Dreams

Smoke and Mirrors

820604.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Juliette Athene Lyons

Time: 4:30 PM

Mood: Chaos

"No, for the last time!" Athene yelled at her best friend. Classes had just started back up and Aurelia had already scouted out a frat party to go to. Athene, on the other hand, was bogged down with several different assignments early into term. "Elia, you are the spawn of Satan and I know I shouldn't trust demons," Athene mumbled as she jotted down some notes on the neurotransmitters in the frontal lobe. It was too damn early for partying - some people actually had shit to do.

Aurelia simply laughed and grabbed another dress from her bulging closet. "This one would look so cute on you!" The outfit she was holding out was petite, to be generous. The look on Athene's face caused Aurelia to nod and turn around to rummage around some more. "This party is supposed to start the season off. Besides, I know someone there and I want you to meet him."

"Was this the cute barista?" Athene asked. It wasn't uncommon for Aurelia to go through boys like last year's fashion magazine. Aurelia had been texting this boy from the local coffee shop recently, so maybe?

"I swear I told you about Harrison!" shouted Aurelia from the closet. "He's the goalie of the university soccer team! You know, the one with the dreamy eyes and nice abs?" She finally reappeared with another dress, this time a more low cut version of the previous one. "He also has a friend!"

"Elia..." Athene shook her head. She didn't have the time for this, nor the interest. The last person that Aurelia had set her up with was a professional dancer. His specialty wasn't ballet.

"C'mon! We haven't gone to this one before!" Aurelia finally threw a dress at Athene's face, hitting its mark.

"If I do this, will you take me to the coffee shop in the morning?" That place had the best cranberry scones.

"But I broke up with Michael..." Aurelia's pretty face turned into a perfect pout.

"That's my price."

3 hours later...

Time: 7:30 PM

Mood: Disgruntled

Athene was sitting in the corner of the room, trying to ignore the blasting music and drunken people making out around her. Aurelia had run off earlier, beer in hand, leaving Athene to meander her way around the sweaty bodies to find a comfortable couch to sit on. Her dress was modest enough, making her stick out among the scantily clad girls. Sighing, Athene sipped at her beer, grimacing at the rank taste. What a night this was turning out to be.

embed.php

Time: 7:30 PM

Mood: Somewhat buzzed

People were grinding, music was blasting, and he only wished he locked his room before the crowd started invading the place like hordes of ants. Dante was amused by the sight of females gazing their eyes on him, the perfect orbs raking at his body as if to examine a fine specimen. He was used to the attention and being around Harrison didn’t help his case either. His hair was neatly gelled back giving him the mysterious yet cleaned and shaven look. He decided to go casual, his pair of jeans with a half buttoned up white dress shirt. The guys were busy getting the alcohol, setting things up and preparing for this party.

A few of his favorite frat boys gathered around him, their shot glasses in hand as the guys made their way to the table with tequila. Though Dante preferred vodka, he didn’t mind drowning some shots down. The roaring of his group of friends were loud, cheering for each other as shots kept being poured. Harrison, slightly more drunk than Dante, whistled when a girl passed by and one of the frat guys decided to get lucky tonight. A couple of more roars from the group before they all decided they were wasted enough to get laid. Harrison and Dante were the only one left with the both of them more buzzed than completely drunk.

“Dante, my man. Who’s your next target? Don’t tell me you don’t have one." he asked, knowing it’ll stir the challenger inside his friend.

“Easy there bro, I'm on it.” He didn't have one but Harrison didn't have to know that. The guy knew how to grate Dante's nerves and challenge him to something stupid, not that it hasn't been fun. Deeming all the females in his plain sight were just "been there, done that" material, he finally shrugged and went back to grab a beer. Either he had bang them or they were too easy for him to try, and easy did not equate to fun.

“Maybe you should start settling, find the right girl,” Harrison suggested being the usual true romantic that he is which only ignited a roar of laughter from his friend.

“It’s the alcohol talking man. I’ve never settled and I never plan to. My reputation is at stake here.” Not that he cared much about his player reputation, it was just he couldn’t imagine being with a girl for so long.

Aurelia Knight

Time: 8:17 PM

Mood: Mischievous

Aurelia had been watching Harrison and his yummy friend for a while now. The more she saw, the more developed her plan became. Aurelia curled her lips into a devious smile and sauntered over to the two fine men. "You never properly introduced me to your lovely friend, Harrison," said Aurelia as she wrapped her arms around the Frat President and pressed a soft kiss to his jawline. She sent a sultry look toward the other one, the one that looked like he strolled out of an Italian photo shoot. "I'm Aurelia Knight, this idiot's lover."

After introductions, Aurelia knew that Dante would be just the guy for Athene. What that girl needed was some excitement, a touch of rebellion, and a whole bunch of the sex that was rolling off of this hunk. He didn't seem like the average player, though. This one was special and so was Athene. "Dante, have you ever met my friend?" Aurelia started. Oh boy, this would be fun.

Juliette Athene Lyons

Time: 8:56 PM

Mood: Sullen

Athene had been hiding from the pervert drunk who had tried to feel her up for the last 40 minutes. First, she had been perfectly fine sitting in the corner and internally laughing at the different kinds of drunks. Then, all of a sudden, this imbecile came out of nowhere and puked on her shoes before trying to cop a feel. He was obviously too inebriated to do anything serious, but you can never be too sure. It was to Athene's immense relief when she saw Aurelia on the other side of the room, chatting up two guys. Then, she realized something. She was chatting up two guys. That. Bitch. Aurelia had left her because she can't keep it in her pants?

Athene quickly strode over to her so-called best friend, pushing people out of her way. Oh yes, hell hath no fury like a scorned friend. "ELIA! We're leaving!" Athene yelled when in proximity. Aurelia's pretty blonde head whipped around, a guilty look on her face. But her face quickly changed to a sly smirk as she unwrapped herself from one of the boys.

"And this is she. Athene, you look lovely as always." Aurelia placed her hand on the arm of the other boy, her manicured fingernails slightly digging into his muscles. Wait, muscles? Athene was so flustered that she didn't have a chance to register the faces of the two males. The taller one was striking. The first thing Athene noticed was that he towered over her; she felt small and delicate in his presence. And his eyes - the most beautiful eyes she had seen. They looked like the sky right before a storm, dominance and mystery eminent in their depths. Her breath caught slightly in her throat.

Then, recognition. It was that guy from her freshman English course. He often came in late, hungover and with hickies on his neck. All the girls in that class gave him longing looks which he took in stride, often seen walking away with a different one every class. One of her distant friends, who was very much straight laced, had spent a night with him and giving him her virginity. She thought he was serious. Poor Lacy, she had her heart broken by him. Athene's eyes narrowed as she remembered how the girl sobbed in her dorm for a good afternoon.

And now Aurelia was conversing with him. Whatever was going on wasn't good. Athene didn't want Aurelia to get hurt by this callous asshole. Over her cold, dead body.

embed.php

Time: 9:00 PM

Mood: Fascinated

Michael sauntered passed the two guys, both his arms were wrapped around the females waist. “Getting slow, Dante?” he provoked the guy but they both knew it was friendly rivalry. A notorious casanova vs. the leading quarterback, something people like to bet on when they're drunk and high.

“Just having standards, Mike,” he replied, his head held high as his eyes never wavered. He wasn’t interested in bimbos, and this frat party consisted mainly for that. He ached for something exhilarating, something that can capture him as much as soccer. Harrison laughed between the two of them and Michael left to his room. However, if Dante had a weakness for anything, it would be brunettes. Something about their grace, air, elegance was enticing, seductive. It didn’t matter whether they wore a sneer, they walk as if they own the world and that was attractive. Taking another gulp of his bottle of beer, his eyes lit up at the sight of a blonde supermodel strutting closer to him. Her hair was exquisite and the way her body moves screams danger. He was slightly interested until danger screamed off limits. Dante forced himself to not shake his head disapprovingly. Harrison attracts the female version of Dante and Harrison was nothing like Dante. Poor guy, it wasn’t like Dante wasn’t a good wingman…he tried and failed miserably.

A subtle smile graced his face and Dante took another swig of his beer as he watched her slowly trace kisses along Harrison’s jawline. Son of a gun, he’s smitten, Dante thought but gave nothing away.

“This is Dante Caruso. My right hand man, the co-captain of soccer team,” Harrison introduced his friend as he slipped his arm around her waist to pull her close. Harrison had a weak spot for blondes and especially ones that could carry themselves like they own the world. Dante smiled at the introduction, shaking her hands and small talk occurred. “He’s an idiot, I’m glad you stuck out with him,” he said with approval while Harrison grinned with pride not before punching the guy tightly in the arm. Dante was just about to excuse himself seeing how his friend was busy now and he had a prey to catch. It wasn’t long before Aurelia mentioned a friend which piqued his interest.

“Someone as lovely as you?” was all he could say before a furious brunette made her way over. “Call me, intrigued,” he murmured playfully. Looks like I don’t have to hunt as hard, not tonight. She was quite smaller than him but many girls were and he was used towering over others. His eyes gazed directly into hers and his devious smile returned. He was almost stunned by someone even more lovely. The chestnut brown hair. The beach like waves cascading down her shoulder. Her face screams innocent yet still, alluring. The tension felt electrical between them but Dante broke away turning to Harrison who seemed to be contemplating something.

Shit, that look on his face. Whatever the new challenge was, it can wait.

“Dante Caruso, nice to meet you,” he pulled out all the gentlemanly charms on her. Sure his reputation precedes him and every game made him even more infamous. His eyes studied her, the way her accent rolls out, her nimble movements, her curves, and she had an aura of curiosity that he wanted to explore.

"Can't be leaving so soon," Harrison joined in, his eyes flashing with delight. "Dante got nothing better to do. Let him show you around the frat house."

A glare thrown at Harrison's way, Dante didn't want to play babysitter. What is this devil up to now?

Juliette Athene Lyons

Time: 9:07 PM

Mood: Perplexed

Athene was stunned for a few moments, unsure of how to respond. She glanced at Aurelia who was grinning from ear to ear. "She would love to, Dante. Anyways, Harrison and I have some... catching up to do." With that, Aurelia grabbed Harrison's arm and strode away, leaving a dumbfounded Athene behind.

"Did she just - ?" Athene mumbled. Shaking her head slightly, she turned to Dante, giving him a suspicious look. It seemed like she was stuck here for the time being because she drove over with Aurelia who had the keys. Escape was not an option. Athene sighed and began to walk toward the kitchen - she needed something a little stronger if she was going to stick around.

Grabbing a shot, she downed it quickly, grimacing at the burn. Then, Athene turned back to Dante and took a deep breath. "Well, let's see the house. Just steer me away from the places where people puke and hook up."

embed.php

Time: 9:15 PM

Mood: Amused

Dante held back a glare towards Harrison, the frat place wasn't exactly what he had in mind but Aurelia was away linking arms with Harrison and whisking him away. His eyes lingered for a second and then turned back to the fuming beauty before him. Looks like I have a lot on my plate. He smiled down at her, wondering how different the two friends were and even their personality are seemingly opposites. Usually he isn’t fond of the shy ones who keep to themselves, but Athene seemed to radiate both personality wickedly well. He’ll just have to make an exception.

He nodded at her mumbling to reaffirm that her friend had indeed just left her with a wolf and she looked so weary as if he was going to gobble her up. He would but not yet. The game had to be played first. He followed her to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of tequila and drank a quarter of it from the bottle. He was a heavy weight being around Harrison, a renown alcoholic. The burn was thrilling in a way and he turned with a devious glint in his eyes. "Other than my room, you'll see people hooking up every corner. Though, I don’t think my room should be your final destination for tonight," Dante replied with his deep rumbling chuckle that followed. He always hinted at his room to provide anticipation but every guy knew his room was off limits. To girls, to guys, to anyone but his family and Harrison. Only Harrison because the guy barged his way in and refuses to leave all the time.

"C'mon, I'll show you the room we converted to the library," he nudge his head towards the direction. He was somewhat sure that no one would be crude enough to dirty the library but some of his frat brothers are idiots. Further down the hallway as they walked, Dante pointed to the long line of people who looked as if they were about to pass out. “Downstairs bathroom, a place you want to avoid if you don’t want to hear people having sex,” he drawled out, a sly smirk creeping to his face. “Anyways,” he guided her to the large room they turned into the library and walked her inside.

“I figured you’d feel more comfortable at the library. There shouldn’t be any-“ he was cut off my moaning noises and he inwardly cringe. “God dammit," he murmured a curse under his breath. "I spoke too soon," he led her out and pointed at several places like each of the rooms and finally they moved to the pool outside in the back.

"Care for a swim?" Removing his shirt, Dante turned to give her another fun look before diving into the pool. "C'mon Athene, didn't Aurelia say you need to live a little?"

Juliette Athene Lyons

Time: 9:47 PM

Mood: Irritated

Though she had wanted to see the library more, Athene was rather happy that she didn't need to see what was going on between the books. However, much to her dismay, the insufferable dolt took her outside to the pool. Though she would never admit it to Dante, Athene was incredibly scared of water and had never learned how to swim. "I think I'll pass, thank you," Athene murmured. "In fact, I'm going to go call a cab to get back to my apartment. I have class tomorrow."

As Athene pulled away from the frat house, she let out a breath that she had been holding in. It was a mistake going to that party and she had a feeling that she would regret everything that just happened.

The next morning, Athene woke up early to go to class. Aurelia had gotten in later last night, mumbling something about having a wonderful time with Harrison. Athene pulled a blanket over her best friend's shoulders, making sure that she wouldn't get a chill. Their apartment tended to get rather cold, something about a wacky thermostat.

After her chemistry lab, Athene received a call from Aurelia who was at their favorite coffee shop. Aurelia sounded urgent, saying that there was something important that they needed to talk about. When she got there, Aurelia already had Athene's favorite drink, London Fog, waiting for her on the table. Something was fishy about the whole situation, but Athene couldn't put her finger on what her best friend was up to.

"Hey bae, I have a proposition," Aurelia began. "How about a bet - just to liven things up a little?"

Athene glared at Aurelia. "You ditched me last night with your man toy's idiot friend!"

"Dante's not a bad guy. But he is a player and that's why I wanted you to meet him. Look Athene, you're gorgeous but you never give yourself a chance to get out there. Harrison tells me that Dante needs to be pushed off his throne and that's where you come in. What about you play the player for a change?"

"I can't do that! I'm not that kind of person and I don't even know the first thing about love."

"It's just a little game, Juliette. And if you win, I'll tell Daddy to talk to his doctor friend for you. C'mon, this is an offer you can't refuse."

embed.php

Time: 9:55 PM

Mood: Confused

The sting of rejection slightly hurts but it only fazed him a little…just a little. His attention was taken away by arms snaking around his waist and he slowly turned around with his usual arrogant grin. Red-heads are gorgeous as always. “Rejected Dante? Want me to make you feel better?” Her arms slid up from his waist as her nails left marks on his back.

Of course, he didn’t expect anything less from her. “Mm, I’m interested. Let’s hear more,” he brought his head closer to hers until their lips collided and the rest of the night was Dante’s usual night.

The flash of sunlight passed the screens and stirred Dante from his slumber. He yawned, stretching his arm upwards and looked at the body next to him. A smile graced his face and he slowly shook her awake. “Come on beautiful, I have school and you need to leave,” his soft tone made her feel special. But Dante reserved his soft tone for everyone, it was just one of his charms and girls tend to take it the wrong way. Once the girl left, Dante debated whether he wanted to skip school or not and decided that he rather be playing soccer than be in lecture.

After soccer practice, Harrison pulled Dante aside and they were both drowning their Gatorade on a nearby bench. “How was last night?” Harrison asked, though he figured the whole story out already. He already had a game plan in mind but he couldn’t make the guy suspicious of it.

Dante smirked, his head fell back as both of his arms rested on top of the bench. “Cryptic messages Harrison. How did you think it went?”

“You can’t get Athene in bed?”

“Wasn’t the goal. Just showing her around the place.”

“Getting rusty, aren’t you? Maybe she’s too hard for you.” He knew that line began to reel in Dante.

“What do you mean? Is that a challenge?” Dante furrowed his eyebrows. No girl was too hard for him. He wasn’t trying last night, he was just showing her a good time.

“C’mon man, since when can you not get a girl in bed?” Harrison began, he was getting closer to the result he wanted as he noticed how tensed Dante has gotten.

“She’s a challenge, alright. Give me a month, I’ll break her,” his confidence oozed through his words. His dark blue orbs glanced at his friend with a smug smile. “Challenge accepted. Harrison, don't you know better by now than using a girl as a challenge?” Every girl crumbled before him and he wasn't expecting any different.

"Bro, you have no idea what's coming."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back