• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy SkyReach Orphanage (IC)

Other
Here
George was happy, it was the first day classes started again, he was looking forward to winning this year's tournament, and to teaching Ari how to use her powers in a more effective way. He was very fortunate to have her as his Student/Partner/Lil sister whatever you would like to call their unnamed relationship. He considered her his little sister and apprentice however, and thought it his job to protect, teach, and care for her. He was likely to kill someone if they harmed her, despite his unusually patient and calm nature. They were all sitting in the common room after a large dinner, and they would probably have a small party to celebrate the new semester. You see, while normal subjects like math, reading, and writing were taught, they also learned how to control their magic, and eventually come up with their own ways to use it.

He looked down at Ari, who was sitting next to him on one of the couches in the common room, ruffling her hair lightly. "How are you Sunshine?" It was a phrase that was special to him, and something that he now only used when addressing Ari. He looked at her nodding towards the boy that looked a couple of years younger than her, the new one Wade. " You don't have to sit by me you know.... Why don't you go ask Wade if he is allowed to play with you right now? He looks bored, and nervous. Also, try not to be tooo shy with him, I am sure he won't bite. " He grinned down at her after he said this, ruffling the top of her hair again.
OceanBunny OceanBunny

Lynarria sat beside her "big brother" as she curiously watched the other kids in the room, a stuffed bunny held in her lap. Some were newer than others, some had been there when she arrived. But George was the only one she had really become close to in the two years she had been at the Orphanage.

She looked up at him, a bright smile on her face, as he spoke to her. "I like sitting with you George." She said with a light giggle, turning to look at the new boy. "I can try to play with Wade though. He must be sad.."Her voice turned quiet at the end, remembering how sad and scared she had been when she first arrived. Standing up she took a step towards the boy before turning back to George with a nervous smile. "You'll be be right here?" She asked, looking at Wade and then back to George again.

TeslaRoleplayer TeslaRoleplayer

He grinned slightly, looking down at her, he picked her up, turning her so she was facing him, and sat her in his lap. "Silly girl, you think I would ever take my eyes off you? I promise I will be right here, and if he's mean I'll get him. But that doesn't mean you can just say he was mean, because I WILL be watching." He then picked her up and set her on the ground feet first, so she was facing Wade, who was sitting by Thea, resting his head on her shoulder.

Ruth was bored. When she was told that there would be a party after dinner she had assumed that there'd be games, toys, or at least a cake! But no, just a bunch of kids chit-chatting or standing awkwardly in corners. While normally she would be perfectly willing to bounce around talking to all the new people, today was different. It would be the last day without classes, and here she was waiting her dwindling free time standing around inside!

She had to get away, but with her "Big Brother" Jack sitting next to her she couldn't just run out the door, and he knew her too well for an illusion. She had to hide it. It was then she noticed Lynarria walking over towards what's-his-face. Wade? Regardless, it was a way out. "Jack?" she said, putting on her most innocent face, "Can I go talk with them?"

johndoe johndoe

Jack was having a great time, no classes and good conversation. He probably should've been paying better attention to Ruth, he knew how bouncy she got sometimes.

"Yeah sweetie, you can go talk to him, just meet me back here when it starts to get late ok? I think I'll go mingle with the older kids."Jack walked over in the direction of George and saw him watching Lynarria. "Hey George, you know after all this time her name still hasn't gotten easier to say. Nice night though, eh?"

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

After he had sat down Lynarria, he turned towards Jack, laughing slightly. "I could say it if I wanted to, but I am to lazy, plus I think she likes being called sunshine. If she doesn't she hasn't spoken up bout it yet. Also, you might want to send an animal to watch Ruth she is a slippery one." He hid a scowl with another small laugh. There was no way Ruth actually wanted to hang out with the little kids. She may be in their age group, but after this year she would be moving up. He turned back to Jack. "How is Ruth doing with her training under you anyways? Lynarria is really easy to train since she uses the same magic as me, so she is a year ahead, but I was wondering how the other students are doing."

"Yeah, I thought ahead, I always have a group of mice trail her, it's helped me out in a few rough situations." Jack said with a laugh as he ran a hand through his hair and sat down. "And her training's been good, I've been having her disguise as various animals, since that's my specialty but I am having a bit of trouble with her behavior. Hopefully that'll change with age but she's playing a very dangerous game and I've tried explaining that to her, she's just too sweet for me to actually be angry at her." Jack sighs at the end of his sentence.

"Ya, I definitely know what that's like, I mean look at Lynarria and I. I know she rarely does anything to intentionally misbehave, but even when she does its impossible to be mad... Of course the average person yelling at me doesn't make me mad. I usually just think in my head 'This person's an idiot' and then I walk away" It was true, he rarely got mad at anyone, and usually just walked away if he felt it starting to anger him. "Wanna go play some pool?" He asked nodding towards the Billards table off to the side.

Jack nodded "Yeah, why not? I'll go first." Jack walked up the table and set up his shot, it was a fairly good shot but nothing too special. "Hey, so I've been thinking and am I gonna get a new kid to mentor after Ruth turns ten? I love mentoring the kids." At that moment a mouse climbed up Jacks arm and sat on his shoulder, Jack gave it a quick pet and ignored it.

Lynarria flashed George a grin after he set her down. Then she walked over to Wade, fidgeting nervously as she stood beside him. "D-do you wanna play?" She asked quietly, looking at him for a second before dropping her eyes to the floor. She held her bunny by one arm as it swung slightly from her grasp. "I-it can be k-kinda weird when you're new." She mumbled, glancing back towards George. She smiled as she saw him move to the pool table with Jack.

Emmy surveyed the room, watching as little Lynarria approached the new boy, Wade. She smiled and walked over to a chair that sat by a window. Curling into the comfy seat, she rested her book open across her knees and began reading. If someone wanted her attention they would approach, but for now she was content to get lost in the her story.

Thea closed her eyes, listening to the other students talking amongst themselves. Wade was a confortable presence against her, his head resting on her shoulder. She felt a surge of protectiveness as he moved a bit. She was happy to finally be able to help mentor a younger child, as her abilities had strengthened beyond measure due to her time here. Thea was known as one of the old timers, she had been left here when she was 4, and spent almost 12 years in the orphanage.

She looked up as a younger girl, Lynarria, asked Wade to play. He was new, and could use a friend. Thea glanced down at the younger boy, giving him a slight nudge and nodding confirmation.

Interacting: TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays
Mentioned: OceanBunny OceanBunny

"Hi Lyn, bye Lyn" Said Ruth as she passed Lynarria and the new kid. Now that Jack was distracted, She began to pick up speed as she went toward the exit. A walk that turned into a skip which turned into a sprint that continued until she nearly slammed into the door out. After taking a quick glance over her shoulder to make sure no one was looking she opened the door crack and slipped out. She grinned and quickly caste a simple illusion over herself that made her appear to be nothing more than a dark silhouette. She was free, and ready to make her final classless night count.

Unbeknownst to Ruth, she wasn't alone in the hallway. A small team of mice had been tailing her ever since she made her move. After she left the party the mice squeaked amongst themselves before one squeezed back under the door to report what it had seen while the others continued to pursue her down the hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back