• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Skinless: An Undead Story

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
So often are fantasy heroes pitched against hordes of necromancer-spawned undead creatures, abominations crafted to destroy towns, ravage countries, conquer nations. However, this story will be something different, an untelling of a story from the point of view of one such undead.

Basic Plot Synopsis:

After the Lich Wars had ravaged the land of Broan for nearly a century, the Lich King Oridon had finally reached the capital's gates. You, the Archmage, Master Wizard of the Holy Empire, stood against his assault as the last stand if all else failed. All else did fail.

The battle was intense, undead were destroyed, mages were slain, and still you were locked in combat with the greatest abomination of the era. In the clash, Oridon swore that you would serve him for eternity, draining your will and your life from your body, while you focused the power of the divine into destroying his unholy body. His dark magic siphoned your life force as you called down purest light to purge his evil soul. In a flash of sorcery, the battle was over, and the bodies of both the Archmage and the Lich King lay defeated. But the curse of a necromancer's touch does not fade, more so the power of a lich. Though your body was blessed by the priests before burial, still an undead you became, even as your body withered and your flesh rotted in the grave.

And so, several years later, you rose again, clawing your way out from your tomb, shambling your way home to find your family slaughtered, their bodies desecrated, and Oridon's presence still lingering in the air. So the Lich King had survived or reincarnated, and you had somehow escaped his dominion. You would use your newfound unlife to bring the curse full circle. You would seek your revenge and kill the Lich King with what was meant to be his greatest weapon. Yourself.

A rather atypical beginning of a generic fantasy world, good and evil eternally clashing. I have some surprises and plot twists in store, along with multiple endings depending on which actions are chosen. If this garners enough interest, I'll create the thread very soon, in the next day or so. Hopefully, we can get a group of at least 7-8 players who will consistently vote on the actions to take, though I'll accept at least 5 players before we get started. So, if this seems interesting, spread it around, tell your friends, and hopefully we'll get this going shortly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
This is fucking amazing. I'll spread some word, although I'll try not to be annoying shill.
It's definitely unique.
Thanks! I had almost given up hope that this would be noticed. I'm still rather pumped for it though, so I'm willing to bring it back from the grave (pun intended). As soon as a few more players mention that they would like to join in, I'll create the thread. I'm hoping for at least 7-8 players, as I said above, so that we can put in a proper majority vote system rather than having two or three voters and having to have randomized dice rolls to decide the course of action.

Thanks for your interest, I hope to see you and the other players in the story soon! :D

[QUOTE="Sombra Arcana]I'm in. I love your work Stickdom

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I definitely try to keep things freash and creative, so hearing that lets me know I'm doing a decent job :D Glad to have you on board, spread the word a little bit so we can get this thing off of the ground :3

Fezzes said:
I've not been very good at spreading word, apparently.
It's alright man, if you're still interested, that's cool. There will be other players eventually, I'm still dropping an advertisement here and there to pick up a few more, don't get down on yourself if it isn't popular yet xD

Stickdom said:
Thanks, I definitely try to keep things freash and creative, so hearing that lets me know I'm doing a decent job :D Glad to have you on board, spread the word a little bit so we can get this thing off of the ground :3
It's alright man, if you're still interested, that's cool. There will be other players eventually, I'm still dropping an advertisement here and there to pick up a few more, don't get down on yourself if it isn't popular yet xD
I will try to spread the word

I'm definitely interested. I have a thing for subversions of typical fantasy monsters.

Well, I have another player that said they were interested, which gives us a total of 5 players so far. So I will be making the thread later on today, can't wait to see all of you guys there.

@Fezzes @Sombra Arcana @Genon @nebulouskid @PewpewLaser

To anyone else who reads this thread, we will always accept more players to come join in guiding our character through their journey, so don't feel put off from joining just because we are starting now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, can't wait to see how this gets to unfold! Super hyped for this Stickdom! d(0 w 0)b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back