• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Skeleton Keys

The apartment was surprisingly quite from the small guest room he was in. There was a glass of water by his table and the wheel chair was no where to be found.

"Doesn't seem like anyone else is up yet.

Sanz shuffled to the edge of the bed and sat up. He was mildly relieved when the room didn't spin as a direct result and reached for the water.

I am going to avoid needing surgery again if it takes everything I have

Sanz thought quietly to himself as he slowly drank the glass of water, draining it entirely before trying to stand up. He was a bit shaky, but otherwise he felt like he could move.

"I need to exercise, I'm going to lose muscle mass . . ."

Roen was in the living room drinking a cup of what smelled like coffiee and reading the newspaper when ever Sanz manage to wounder into the living room, "Morning, you feeling better?" Roen asked.

(I somehow stopped watching this thread >.>)

"Hm." Roen said flipping through the paper he had in his hand. "So listen... that guy who brought you in. The one who kind of looked like a motorcyclist. With the helmet. He comes in whenever he gets hurt from doing.. god knows what. He seems like he does good things.. mostly a vigilant I guess. He sends me random checks for any medical expense.. and if you thought the surgery was free, it wasn't. That guy paid for it. I just want to know what kind of connection you have to him."

Sanz shook his head

"I don't. Or if I do, he hasn't made it clear. I got into a large fight, Sage was involved, and halfway through the whole thing he showed up and bailed us out of there."

"I see..." Roen put his paper down, "If you need help like this again.... feel free to come by."

"I sincerely hope I never need help like this again. But thanks."

Sanz shook his head and looked around

"Is Rhea not here?"

"I--"

The sound that suddenly echoed through the room sounded more like it belonged to a creature of the abyss as of yet unknown to man. Sanz took a look down, in disbelief that it had come from his torso

". . . yes."

So . . . Rhea didn't live here, then again she had said that yesterday. He could barely remember that. Presumably she still lived with her parents. Did they know what she had been doing?

"Tongue tied?" Roen nodded, "come on into the kitchen." He walked into a small room connected to living room before pulling a pan out. "eggs and toast ok?" He asked.

"That sounds good--thanks."

Part of Sanz wondered why he wasn't so opposed to accepting food from Roen when he had been very adamant about not accepting Sage's. Then again, Roen was a doctor and Sage was . . . Sage. He lacked the appropriate vocabulary to accurately describe him.

Roen nodded before starting to cook, "Rhea told me you gave her a hard time helping her. In fact she wouldn't admit that you proubuly threatened her." He turned to look at Sanz, "I hope I am wrong. I won't stand some brat talking down my little sister."

Sanz gave Roen a puzzled look before a light bulb went off in his head.

"Oh. That. I just got into another fight that morning, some asshole brought a ka--"

Sanz stopped himself before he said the word 'katana' out loud.

"--at any rate, no I didn't threaten her. I was trying to push her away but she's too damn nice for her own good."

"That is good. But by that definition, you're telling me i'm a moron too. Since I help punks like you and vigilantes." Roen said raising a brow, though his back was turned to Sanz so he couldn't really see the expression he was making. He cracked a few eggs into the pan and they sizzled as they started to cook. Roen may had made a threat to Sanz earlier.. but to be honest he was not prepared to fight. In fact Sanz was more likely to win a fight. All he had was instinct. But for her sister he would do anything.

"Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling you would know if someone was trying to use you . . . I'm not so sure about her."

Sanz rolled his good arm around in its socket. He was definitely going to need to work out for at least a little while, even if he couldn't use his left arm.

"If I sound ungrateful, I'm not trying to be--this is a bit out of the ordinary for me."

Roen wouldn't admit out loud that it was true, he didn't think Rhea had the compasity. It made him nervious, but that was not really something you can teach someone, but more like what you had to learn on your own. "I don't think you are ungrateful. I would have kicked you out by now if Ithought that." Roen told Sanz. He flipped a few of the eggs onto two diffrent plates then handed Sanz one, "If something happens like this again, just come to me after hours and i'll have a look."

"I sincerely hope I never have to do that again."

Sanz took the plate with his good arm and set it down on a nearby table.

"Thank you . . . for the offer though."

He started to nibble away at the eggs on his plate. Food was definitely sitting better now.

Roen nodded before sitting down to start eating a bit on his own, "Remember not to take the meds on an empty stomach and don't hit your arm too hard till you've given it enough time to really heal. You should come back and see me in a couple of weeks. Or what ever day your friends rebreak your arm."

Sanz shook his head quickly

"I won't be seeing them again for at least a while longer."

Violet had to be in the hospital after that episode. If his arm was going to be out of commission for at least a few weeks, then she was likely out of commission for over a month.

"I suggest you find who signed your paper incase you need something like this again. Someone is on your side. Dispite how illegeal this is." Roen told Sanz.

Half of that statement was true. He definitely needed to find out who signed that paper. But he wasn't necessarily sure they were on his side. He could think of more than a few people who would like to have him owe them a debt.

"Um . . . on a scale of 1 to 10, how illegal is all of this actually?"

"Maybe a 7. Because you are a minor It could be a 10. So it makes this all the worse." Roen told Sanz. He didn't look all that worried about it though. He scraped up some of the leftover food around his plate and took the last few bites. "Don't sweat it too much. Though I'm sure my masked friend would be very upset if I got arrested because of this."

"I'll . . . keep that in mind."

Okay, now he really needed to find out who had signed that form.

"I--should probably head back home before I get you into more trouble."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back