• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ❀ skeleton flower ❀

Characters
Here

sox

محبت

skeleton flower

regret is drenching the white petals between us ♡

• h

vampire

dominic fike

what happens on fright night

i only showed up to tell you everyone at this party's a vampire
— this ain't red wine.
we're all food for the bloodsuckers movin' up under the moonlight
— like the vampires.

they can tell that your mind is a mess
take someone you don't even like to your bed.
when it's over, you roll out, you come down the stairs
and there's no sign, the party vanished into thin air.

just like a ghost town, your best friends weren't even there
and the whole time, you realized you don't even care.
when that alarm strikes seven like, goin' on your feather-white
bed of white lies, last night was a set up.

— one, two...

endless rows of jinro bottles lining the cobweb-coated shelves, bloody-hued strobe lights reflecting off dancing bodies, and the goriest pop songs with a booming 808 blasting through the speakers — all other halloweekend parties paled in comparison to the treachery taking place in the hazy mansion of choi sungwoon, infamous son of the athletic director and deliriously wealthy playboy. despite its renown, only the elite and the beautiful were permitted access past the doors of the exclusive venue, the guest list strictly monitored at the head of the line by a no-nonsense bouncer built like two pro-wrestlers standing side-by-side.

once past the entry checkpoint, however, only one rule remained: every guest that walked through those doors must take a syringe shot filled with a mysterious concoction of liquors— no excuses, and absolutely no exceptions.

for the restless cast of four set to gather on such a stage, the night had only just begun and expectations and adrenaline ran high in tandem. despite his faults, sungwoon was quite well-regarded for his high-budget soirees hosting a dauntingly clear swimming pool along with delectable crowd of attractive young adults. the serpent-like man was well-acquainted with nearly every beauty and heartthrob on campus, resulting in a hotspot for the university's finest singles to mingle and let loose together without the fear of aggressive outsiders barging in. the cherry on top? the booze was virtually all free; the only cover charge sungwoon asked of his guests was that everyone hit the dance floor by midnight— not too tall of an order by any means for some fresh-faced college kids.

and so the party began, already in full swing long before the clock struck twelve as werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and television characters alike lined up to shotgun spiked seltzers, compete in a few rounds of pong, make out with a stranger, or hit the basement dance floor — all while tossing back round after round of spooky-themed shots, of course. as for the host himself, he could be found lounging in the hot tub with na-ri and a handful of groupies, having discarded his jack skellington costume within the first hour save for the skeletal makeup on his face.

♡coded by uxie♡

date + time: october 31st, 11pm
weather: 14°C/58°F, comfortable with a crispness in the air

— — —

i only showed up to tell you everyone at this party's a vampire
— this ain't red wine.
we're all food for the bloodsuckers movin' up under the moonlight
— like the vampires.

they can tell that your mind is a mess
take someone you don't even like to your bed.
when it's over, you roll out, you come down the stairs
and there's no sign, the party vanished into thin air.

just like a ghost town, your best friends weren't even there
and the whole time, you realized you don't even care.
when that alarm strikes seven like, goin' on your feather-white
bed of white lies, last night was a set up.
— one, two...

— — —

endless rows of jinro bottles lining the cobweb-coated shelves, bloody-hued strobe lights reflecting off dancing bodies, and the goriest pop songs with a booming 808 blasting through the speakers — all other halloweekend parties paled in comparison to the treachery taking place in the hazy mansion of choi sungwoon, infamous son of the athletic director and deliriously wealthy playboy. despite its renown, only the elite and the beautiful were permitted access past the doors of the exclusive venue, the guest list strictly monitored at the head of the line by a no-nonsense bouncer built like two pro-wrestlers standing side-by-side.

once past the entry checkpoint, however, only one rule remained: every guest that walked through those doors must take a syringe shot filled with a mysterious concoction of liquors— no excuses, and absolutely no exceptions.

for the restless cast of four set to gather on such a stage, the night had only just begun and expectations and adrenaline ran high in tandem. despite his faults, sungwoon was quite well-regarded for his high-budget soirees hosting a dauntingly clear swimming pool along with delectable crowd of attractive young adults. the serpent-like man was well-acquainted with nearly every beauty and heartthrob on campus, resulting in a hotspot for the university's finest singles to mingle and let loose together without the fear of aggressive outsiders barging in. the cherry on top? the booze was virtually all free; the only cover charge sungwoon asked of his guests was that everyone hit the dance floor by midnight— not too tall of an order by any means for some fresh-faced college kids.

and so the party began, already in full swing long before the clock struck twelve as werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and television characters alike lined up to shotgun spiked seltzers, compete in a few rounds of pong, make out with a stranger, or hit the basement dance floor — all while tossing back round after round of spooky-themed shots, of course. as for the host himself, he could be found lounging in the hot tub with na-ri and a handful of groupies, having discarded his jack skellington costume within the first hour save for the skeletal makeup on his face.

Last edited:

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

TWYMM — all time low

foot of the grand staircase, across the spacious foyer from the entrance.

interactions

sungwoon, yuna

'four, five— no, six? fucking hell...' the grimace on haru's expression deepened even further as he gingerly counted the lengthy scarlet gashes on his back, distressingly deep scratch marks scabbing over from where he unwittingly drew blood a few nights prior.

sungwoon's chortling laughter came bellowing over his shoulder before he could slip the fake fur robe of his costume back on over the carnage, startling him out of his momentary silence.
"hahaha, holy shit, man! mijoo's fuckass talons do that to you?"

"she... can be rough. really rough."
haru muttered, brow furrowing in discomfort. despite her razor-like beauty, she'd made sure to properly leave her marks on his body after having her way with him in the form of angry scratches on his shoulder blades and purplish bruises on his hips.
"scary rough."

"good for you, man, good for you. lookin' damn fine tonight, too— all that fitness shit you've been on lately is paying off!"
sungwoon clapped him on the shoulder, oblivious to his distress as he stepped foot out of the master bedroom where haru had volunteered to help apply his jack skellington makeup.
"i'll be in the hot tub if you need me. but, like... don't need me, 'kay?"

with a cheeky salute and suspiciously knowing smile, sungwoon disappeared down the second-floor hallway, leaving haru behind to muster up the courage to plaster on a smile and rendezvous with the other partygoers tossing back shot after shot one level below. despite his general ongoing woes, the senior had been genuinely excited for this silly little rager, a prime opportunity to rid himself of his anxieties for a night and let loose among the crowd as he danced his troubles away.

now, however, the unsettling feeling of something about to go terribly sideways refused to leave his gut as he stared into the mirror, filling his head with unnecessary turmoil-inducing thoughts when he was supposed to be hurrying to meet yuna where he'd promised at the foot of the grand staircase.

'it's just another party, same as usual, yeah? that's all it is, so... we're gonna try to have fun. for her, and for you, mr. reaper.'

after readjusting the spiked harness on his chest for the nth time and collecting the styrafoam scythe from behind the closet door, haru took a deep, restabilizing breath and made his way towards the bumping sound of the 808s, a brilliant smile adorning his lips as he spotted his dolled-up date among the drunken partygoers.

to haru, moon yuna was... well, if she was that easy to describe in a few words, he'd hardly have found as much true solace in her company over the last year. when the world seemed like it was caving in on him, ready to devour him whole should he just close his eyes and let it, yuna brought him back to his senses and forced him to face his demons head-on, to look at the disheveled man in the mirror staring back at him and confront the bubbling insecurities weighing him down. spontaneous, headstrong, enthusiastic, comforting— to him, she was radiant, a guiding beacon in his corrosive darkness and the one person he never wanted to disappoint by any means necessary— and yet so often did.

"thanks for waiting, babe,"
he greeted over the music, tugging her towards his chest to swallow her up in his signature warming hug as he pressed a kiss against her hair in apology,
"and sorry it took so long. i was a little worried someone might charm you away in the time i was gone, but i mean, i can't even blame them—"
pulling back from the hug, haru's gaze teasingly raked over her body in a blatant once-over, a whistle leaving his lips as he nodded in appreciation of her costume. despite the humor in his tone, he meant every last cheesy word of praise— always had when it came to yuna.
"—damn. stunning, as always."

Last edited:

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

alone [miso, dean]

foyer, near the entrance

outfit

interactions

doyoung, haru

it came first as a whisper, when she's checking her makeup in the mirror of doyoung's car; a little louder, still, when the bouncer eyed her briefly in a way that made her uneasy; irritatingly loud, when she emptied the syringe of suspicious juice and winced as the pungent taste of alcohol hits her tongue.

just what am i doing here?

truly, there was no answer she could produce— she just was, and now that she'd teetered in in her too-high black heels and those scratchy, gauze thigh-highs she abhorred wearing, there was no way she was backing out now. her gaze passed to her companion, now emptying his own syringe into his mouth. at least she had him with her.

hyeon-ah reached for his hand as soon as he tossed the empty syringe, gloved fingers intertwining with his. she'd become so accustomed to holding his hand over the past few months, even as she reminded herself it was nothing more than a friendly gesture. even if it felt like the most natural thing in the world. she rested her head lightly against his arm as they moved further into the foyer, slipping past the rowdy crowd that had already formed.

"you okay?" his voice sent a shiver down her spine; he'd leaned down to murmur it, his face painstakingly close to her own. his words would have been swallowed up by the music otherwise, but the knowledge of it didn't stop her heart from flipping spitefully in her chest.

"yeah."
she could already feel a flush spreading across her cheeks, but she was certain she'd be okay. she wasn't a particularly fond drinker, anyway.

yet, doyoung seemed to pause at her answer, and she turned up to meet his gaze puzzledly, snatching the opportunity too to admire his face. his look today was a definite departure from his usual style, but he was still handsome. he'd always been. "just let me know if you want to head out."

despite herself, her heart flipped in her chest once more. falling in love truly was dangerous, and yet, she found herself too helpless when it came to him and all of the kindness he was so generous to give. and she accepted it graciously, enjoyed it, all the while never daring to put a label on their relationship.

she was a selfish person, wasn't she?

but perhaps he understood, wordlessly, as he always seemed to.

she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.
"i'll be fine."
his attention was stolen shortly after by another, and hyeon-ah took the opportunity to glance around the party. it'd been a while since she'd stepped foot in sungwoon's home, especially since she'd heard that he'd become a permanent member of his circle. so maybe it'd been part of her efforts to avoid him, but it was easier to say she'd never really liked sungwoon anyway, so she hadn't a reason to turn up even as he kept dropping her invites.

either way, it was none of her business whether or not jeon haru was here tonight. she didn't care.

or, at least, that was what she'd like to have said, if her eyes hadn't drifted to the grand staircase. she froze up at the sight of him, fingers tightening around doyoung's, and watched as the girl he'd had tucked into his chest leaned up and planted a kiss against his collarbone. the question returned again, this time in the deafening blare of alarm bells, and she asked herself, desperately. just what am i doing here? haru showed no signs of having spotted her just yet, and she quickly she preferred it that way.

"hey, let's—"

alas, it seemed fate had other plans for them, because he looked over and she couldn't tell if he saw her or not, but it didn't matter because it would do nothing to stop the flurry of emotions that crashed into her like a tsunami and threatened to drag her under. a vengeful, desperate mixture of everything she'd locked away in the forgotten crevices of her mind; rage, longing, concern, sadness, grief. her hand slipped out of doyoung's reflexively, so fast she didn't even realise, and then she was reaching into her bag for her phone in search of a notification that surely didn't exist.

it was a few moments of staring at the screen— there had been a notification, actually, a too-timely reminder from ari to have fun at the party— before she finally felt like she could breathe again. the phone was returned to her bag, and her hand reached out once more for her companion; this time tugging at his sleeve.

"sorry,"
she finally muttered,
"i saw something i didn't want to see."

Last edited:

zeta.

shin doyoung.

신도영

heaven — ashmute

foyer

outfit

interactions

hyeon-ah

tags

the cold air against his palm felt like a loss. doyoung's attention was snapped away by the sudden movement and fell onto hyeon-ah, following her gaze until he wished he hadn't. he glanced down at his empty hand, then at hers making its awkward way into her bag, and the bitterness of the shot he'd just had returned with a vengeance.

you saw this coming. of course he had. nothing about how haru looked surprised him anymore, not the outfit or the girl in his arms — he'd watched him change from afar, in passing when he spoke to sungwoon, or from across the room, through the bodies between them. just like right now. but it must be a shock for her. lines he already prepared since he'd asked her to come tonight. that must be why.

doyoung looked away.

"yeah, I'm sure it'll work out,"
he managed to find his way back to his conversation, toying with the lace glove tucked into his pocket,
"see you there."
almost on cue, he felt a tug on his sleeve, just as the conversation arrived at its natural end. he turned to her again, like it was the first time, barely waving his friend goodbye.

"sorry, I saw something I didn't want to see."
he didn't know how that made him feel. it wasn't relief. she was quieter than usual, and it made him want to ask, though he knew it was the upteenth time: are you okay? do you really want to be here? but questions like those often have the opposite effect, when heard one too many times.

"it's fine,"
he said instead, his tone an imitation of nonchalance. a breath.
"it's sungwoon's show, there's always things we don't want to see around."
even he didn't know how many meanings he'd assigned to those words. he didn't want — didn't care, he reminded himself — to think about it right now. something about the smile she flashed told him she was feeling the same.

wordlessly, he took her hand back into his, interlocking their fingers. it was terrifying, how quickly things can become a part of you. her warmth felt like a habit, now, like coffee in the morning. subtle, small. your day doesn't feel quite right without it.

"do you want to go further in?"
he whispered, pulling her closer to his side with the excuse of letting someone pass by behind them.
"I know I said I didn't want dinner, but I might be hungry after all."
another excuse.

he gave her a smile of his own, the first since they'd stepped inside.
"we'll get too drunk,"
his voice took on a teasing lilt as we left his lips,
"if we don't eat, right?"

epsilon.

moon yuna.

문유나

Square (2017) - yerin baek

foyer

outfit

interactions

haru

tags

The bustling environment and the effort put into the production of the party was enough for Yuna to know that Sungwoon was the type of guy with the mindset of "you have to go full out or not do anything instead."

But despite that, Yuna was somehow used to this kind of scene, and she would always find herself with someone else. It was almost as if she belonged there, but at the same time, she didn't.

It was almost as if she saw herself like those puzzle pieces that, at first glance, you knew would match perfectly, but once you put them on, you realized the gap between the connecting pieces was wider than you expected. That was how her life had been since the accident.

Prior to the accident, she was a champion, and now she was a nobody. She was part of a group, and now she had to fend for herself, despite her reconciliation with Haru and Doyoung. It wasn't the same because she wasn't the same; they weren't the same.

"Thanks for waiting, babe," Haru's voice surprised the girl, but the feeling was easily discarded by the smile that Yuna gave him. And when Haru hugged her, all of her worries drifted away. For a brief moment, she felt like she belonged somewhere, even though she knew perfectly that no matter how hard she tried to fit in, she was not the missing piece in Haru's puzzle. Even with this knowledge, she still agreed to carry on with the decision of having him, but at the same time, no.

Yuna let out a small giggle at Haru's comment.
"Well, it flatters me that you would be worried, although the one that should be preoccupied about someone charming you away would be me. I am assuming this costume was Sungwoon's idea."

Yuna noticed Haru's gaze on her, and perhaps it was the attention she was receiving from him that a small sense of courage took over her. She leaned onto Haru, kissing his collarbone and leaving the mark of a kiss.
"I guess that's going to work as a charm to keep the other girls away from you, at least for tonight."
She added playfully.

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

above the salt — portair

bedroom at the end of the hall, in the opposite direction as the kitchen.

interactions

sungwoon, yuna, hyeonah, doyoung

the rosy tint that adorned yuna's soft, grinning cheeks at his flirtatious greeting brought forth a matching phenomenon on haru's own gaunt countenance, a wordless admission of guilt in the serial case of bubbling attraction plagueing his tender heart. had she always been so effortlessly endearing in his eyes, demanding his rapt attention with every slight gesture, or was he so jaded towards love that he'd simply been blind to it all along?

"a little bit,"
haru confessed, pulling the robe a little tighter at the close scrutiny. his efforts proved to be for naught soon enough, however, when yuna leaned up and pressed a searing kiss into his collarbone, leaving her scarlet imprint behind as though marking her territory. the bold display of affection sent haru's pulse into overdrive as much as it comforted him— reminded him once again that yes, that fuse buried deep within him still stood tall under the pollution and debris, waiting for the right spark to set everything in its path ablaze once again.

"I guess that's going to work as a charm to keep the other girls away from you, at least for tonight."
as yuna pulled away and the gentle scent of her perfume— lavender? no, hyacinth— went with her, haru just barely caught himself before he could reach out and catch her waist, trap her against him for just a moment longer while the party raged on without them. 'get a grip, man, oh my god.' perhaps there never existed a more potent narcotic— perhaps, before he knew it, he'd already become addicted long ago.

the newfound warmth swirling around his chest dissipated as quickly as it came, however, when haru glanced away to avoid embarrassing himself further only to spot two sickeningly familiar faces in the crowd. the booming trap music filling the cramped space came to a grinding halt in his ears as he unwittingly made eye contact with a witch-themed hyeonah staring at him as though he'd somehow already ruined her night by merely existing in the same room. the smile dropped from his lips in a heartbeat, replaced instead with a debilitating combination of shame, longing, bitterness, and above all: fear.

fear of her gaze full of blame pointing directly at him, devoid of the compassion and empathy she'd once harbored for him. fear towards the implications of her appearing before him hand-in-hand with his former best friend, who unlike his alleged girlfriend, had yet to spot him through the haze. fear that all the bravado he'd spent the last year painstakingly building up might wither away into dust the moment either of them dared to pity him while looking so... complete, so full of vitality and trust in each other's company.

"oh, shit,"
sungwoon's voice appeared out of nowhere, startling haru out of his downwards spiral as he tsked at the situation he'd just walked into while suspiciously donning bits and pieces of other's people's costumes.
"look what the cat dragged in. that's tough, man. hate to see it."
he leaned in closer, speaking directly into haru's ear as though sharing confidential intel.
"tell you what— i've got some nice bourbon in the bedroom down that hall over there which should be pretty empty right now. why don't you go take a breather, and we can play a round of kings after, hm?"

all haru could muster in response was a curt nod, tearing his gaze away from the nightmare couple as he swallowed the lump in his throat. as much as he wanted to believe he was better than that now— that he was just fine and definitely did not need to escape the scene with haste— the shock to his system was too sudden, too unexpected and without warning, that haru could no longer delude himself into indifference. turning to yuna, he took hold of her dainty hand and brushed a kiss over her knuckles in apology, letting his lips linger there for a moment as he took a deep breath.

"i think i'd like a second to clear my head, if that's okay with you,"
he murmured, leaning down to speak directly into her ear.
"i'm okay though, don't worry. i'll be back soon, i just—"
a subtle glance over his shoulder at the duo would easily reveal the subject of his distress,
"i didn't expect them to show up tonight. my mistake, haha."
the nervous laugh that followed failed to conceal the shakiness in his breath, though he knew yuna would understand him better than anyone in that situation. she always did.
"check out the drink options for me? i'll meet you out there asap. i'm really sorry."

with a final, self-reassuring squeeze of her soft hand, haru opted to follow sungwoon's advice and evacuated to the vacant bedroom at the end of the main hallway, immediately shutting the door behind himself and flopping down into the loveseat to bury his face in his hands in shame. what the hell was wrong with him? he was always running away, always rushing to escape the second anything dared to disturb the fragile, unstable peace in his mental ecosystem.

he ran whenever hyeonah questioned his integrity as her boyfriend all that time ago. he ran whenever the sprouting roots of love threatened to take hold in his brain. he ran whenever he woke up in yuna's embrace and saw the affection he felt mirrored in her shimmering irises.

and now? he'd be damned if he ran from this party just because he couldn't let the past remain exactly that— the past. no, he had someone rooting for him now, someone vivacious and full of optimism who'd be disappointed if he let the tides of inferiority consume him yet again. with her by his side, the typhoon named baek hyeonah and shin doyoung became nothing more than dreary weather, raining on his parade but never again submerging it like they once were able to.

never again would he let that happen. haru would make damn sure of it this time, no matter the cost.

Last edited:

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

alone [miso, dean]

foyer → kitchen

outfit

interactions

doyoung

tags

the mellow tone of his voice, something she'd come to memorise after every late night they'd spent together, showed no indication she had seen him either. perhaps doyoung could guess— he knew her, no, all of them well enough— and hyeon-ah couldn't shed the inkling of shame when he slipped her hand into his once more. it was tiresome worrying about how he thought of her, but how could she not, when just the feeling of his hand against his was enough to pull her back to earth?

and then he was pulling her closer gently, his mouth forming syllables she couldn't quite make out the sound of over the noise. her eyes stared perhaps a beat too long at his lips, before darting to meet his own as she caught his next sentence. "i know i said i didn't want dinner, but i might be hungry after all."

"you're hungry?"
she repeated, leaning up.

he smiled down at her, and hyeon-ah was, god-forbid, thankful to sungwoon and his love for dim, coloured lights, because it was doing everything to hide the flush that must have spread across her cheeks. it was the alcohol, surely, but at least she was sober enough to stop her hand from snaking around his waist that she'd be giving him a loose hug. at least.

"we'll get too drunk if we don't eat, right?" we? she knew better than anyone that she was the only lightweight here. still, one of the few times she'd seen him pass out surfaced in her mind; a rose-coloured memory that hadn't been drudged up enough to be tarnished by the grim fetters of lost loves. her free hand rose to stifle the soft laugh that managed to slip out.

"yeah? but you're not drinking that much, are you?"
she said lightly, nudging him forward in a motion for him to lead the way,
"or else i'll be the one driving us home later."
the slightest scowl flashed across her lips as a drunk partygoer came a little too close, and she moved closer to doyoung.
"knowing sungwoon, though, he's probably spiked the food or something. hopefully we find something normal."

normalcy, it seemed, could only come in the form of suspicious-looking snacks. it was a decent spread laid out in the kitchen, if not for some treats having fully traded visual palatability for halloween flare. hyeon-ah gingerly picked up a bloody, misshapen finger, turned it over warily in her hands, and then offered it to doyoung.
"for you, since you're a vampire."

she laughed as he recoiled away, making to place it back onto the stack. "no, actually," she paused as he caught her wrist, gaze shifting to him, "i'll try it." with that, he took a swift bite from the biscuit— she could feel the corners of her lips turning up when he came close— leaving just a third of it pinched between her fingers.

"how is it?"
hyeon-ah watched his reaction briefly before popping the last of the treat into her mouth, too,
"mm. it's really not as bad as it looks."

Last edited:

zeta.

shin doyoung.

신도영

heaven — ashmute

kitchen

outfit

interactions

hyeon-ah, npc

tags

the carved pumpkin on the marble counter beamed back at doyoung, like it knew something he didn't. maybe it was that he shouldn't have taken such a big bite out of the witch's finger; hyeon-ah's smile had distracted him in the moment.

pistachios were one of those mysterious flavours only everyone else seemed to enjoy, and it dominated the macabre treat's otherwise delicate palate. his eyes searched for something to drink and found themselves met with nothing but a row of soju, as hyeon-ah remarked,
"it's really not as bad as it looks."

"sure,"
he agreed, managing a short laugh,
"it'd be concerning if it was."

he glanced across the spread of snacks and pastries, recalling sungwoon's dramatic claim. if you won't come for me, man, he'd said, hand on doyoung's shoulder in that annoying way of his, you should come for the food. the food wasn't particularly worth coming for. doyoung glanced at the pumpkin and its suspicious smile again.

"nothing looks normal here, baek hyeon-ah, you must've jinxed it,"
he joked, looking away from his inspection to take in her reaction, watching as her eyes curved for a fleeting second, before shifting into a small pout, and her lips parted in mock offense:
"hey!"

even after all this time, his heart still skipped a beat; he'd long stopped reprimanding it for things it couldn't help. instead, he reached for two pieces of cocktail sausages, splattered with crimson but safe-looking nonetheless, and offered one to her in appeasement.

amidst it all, the figure approaching slipped by their notice, until doyoung-

"doyoung!"
a vaguely familiar voice cut between them, followed by a loud — perhaps louder than necessary — clunk. he turned towards the direction of his name, coming to face with a grin slightly more familiar. images flashed by his eyes like a powerpoint as he took in the put-back-together cowboy outfit and an accompanying box of what seemed like dry ice. oh. he recalled, sungwoon's friend, we've talked a few times.

doyoung swallowed the food he'd been chewing with lessened enthusiasm, as he drawled out a lazy,
"yeah?"

"aw, don't be heartless, dude,"
the guy continued without a hint of letting his cheeriness be cooled,
"help me carry this out to the hot tub."
doyoung paused, the words me? why? sitting just on the edge of the tongue. why not come as a pair to carry this in the first place? why was this all the way back here if it's meant for the hot tub? why put it in a heavy ice box if you're keeping it in the kitchen, and the fridge is enormous?

there wasn't much point in asking. odd as it was, could they have just as easily have not thought this through? doyoung bit lightly on the inside of his cheek. they could.

"i'll be right back?"
the statement came out as a question as he turned back to hyeon-ah, and she replied with one of her own.

"should i help?"

he considered it. they were probably carrying this for sungwoon, the way he tended to order his friends around like manual labour. and, lately, wherever sungwoon was, there was someone else. her flustered look in the foyer came back to him. how quickly she'd dropped his hand.
"it's fine,"
he shrugged,
"it'll be quick."

"okay."
she gave his hand a squeeze, and he smiled in return.
"i'm going to look for the restroom. text me if you can't find me later."

with a nod, he let her go, heading towards the ice box. dismayed by how much lighter it was than it had sounded, doyoung led a swift path towards their destination, aiming to go as far as possible in silence. for the briefest moment, his new companion had nearly seemed like he'd grant that wish.

"ohhh, dude,"
the man laughed as soon as they were out of earshot, bringing that illusion to its crashing end,
"you two dating?"

he could hear it, as always, the implications behind the mirth. are you two dating? your best friend's girl? her ex's best friend? and, then. when did it start? is that why you don't talk anymore? don't you feel bad?

"no,"
doyoung held back from snapping, his tone balancing on the cusp of disinterested. the chill seemed to pierce through the layers of plastic and, as they finally passed the foyer, he quietly readjusted his grip.
"of course not."

epsilon.

moon yuna.

문유나

Square (2017) - yerin baek

foyer

outfit

interactions

haru, doyoung

Was the kiss a bit too much? Perhaps it was. After all, to the public eye, Haru and she were only close friends, and their “relationship” was nothing more than a well-kept secret between the two of them. Wasn’t that action almost like a sign for everyone else? That they were together when the reality was far from that one; or it was Yuna’s insecurities of losing something precious to her, once again making the decisions of her life by her.

Did he also feel that need to build that intimate bond that they couldn’t have with anyone else? Or it was just her who saw this as something more than just two people with a relationship of no feelings attached, and he knew how to play this game better than her despite knowing fully what she was getting into after their first kiss. Was this kind of situation so complicated, or it was only her seeing it as a fog in her path while trying to find the right way to the answer she had been looking for all this time?

But while she was trying to puzzle up everything that was happening between Haru and her, he arrived ready to cause distress and havoc like the devil that he was dressed as, the leader of Haru’s group of friends. Choi Sungwoon had never been on the good side of Yuna; and that was already saying a lot because for the girl to dislike you, it took accomplishing the worst wrongdoing to ever exist. And why Yuna was pretty sure her feelings were only one-sided towards the host, as it was quite obvious; the guy couldn’t care less how she perceived him. If it wasn’t because the girl wanted to keep her enrollment safe, she bit her tongue every time they encountered each other, despite the fact that she loathed knowing that Haru was friends with a guy as despicable as him.

"I think I'd like a second to clear my head, if that's okay with you," Haru said, and that felt like a punch in her gut. "I'm okay, though, don't worry. I'll be back soon, I just—" And there it went, another punch. "I didn't expect them to show up tonight. My mistake, haha." And with that, he let go of the final blow. Frustration took over Yuna, knowing that she couldn't do anything to protect Haru from his own demons. Was she that useless that instead of fighting with him, she blatantly agreed that he was okay when she clearly knew he wasn't?

“Promise me that if you need me, you will call me right away, and don’t try to act tough in front of me to not make me worry if you don’t feel comfortable. Just say it and we will leave. You know that the last thing that I want is to see you upset because it breaks my heart to see you like that.”

After Haru's departure, Yuna felt out of place. Perhaps she should try to act like nothing was happening, even if that almost seemed as if she was trying to hide the Sun with just one finger. When she arrived at the kitchen, she was received by the presence of Hyeon-Ah and Doyoung who were in their little world while sharing food. Were they always this close? Or it was one aftermath of the car accident?

The awkwardness was starting to be more intense. Was it only Yuna, the only one who felt that way? Although their little bubble was broken, Yuna wasn’t sure if that had been something good as someone asked Doyoung for some help to carry something and Hyeon-Ah took this as an opportunity to go to the restroom. Once they were separated, Yuna took this chance to talk to her friend, something that she would usually avoid every time he was with Hyeon-Ah.

Once she arrived where Doyoung was, she heard the guy he was with asking her friend if he and Hyeon-Ah were dating, where Doyoung denied the statement.
“I can totally reassure you they are not dating. Otherwise, he would have already told me, right Dodo?”
She said teasingly

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

vampire [olivia r.]

kitchen → bedroom

outfit

interactions

doyoung

tags

"i'll be right back?" hyeon-ah's eyes flickered from the other guy, to the massive ice box, to doyoung, and then she swallowed the cocktail sausage she'd been chewing.

"should i help?"
she wondered if doyoung would understand; that there was a reason why she hadn't yet let go of his hand, and that she loved to help others, sure, but she was hoping he wouldn't leave her by herself; it was everything she could never say aloud. her companion paused, as if considering the situation, and hyeon-ah pursed her lips in anticipation.

"it's fine, it'll be quick." she was sure it would be, but she felt her heart clench regardless. the excuse about going to the restroom came too easily— it would be a good place to hide out from one person she didn't want to see, no doubt still slinking around the party— and she squeezed his hand a last time before releasing it. she slipped out of the kitchen shortly after him, gaze lingering on his back a second too long before she tore it away and focused on winding her way towards the restroom.

it'd been over a year since she'd been back in this dingy mansion, but thankfully, she still had a vague idea of where the bathrooms were. it was just a matter of getting there, now, which would prove a feat in itself. the party had somehow gotten even busier, and hyeon-ah was bumping from person to person as she stumbled towards the corridor. it was a little less packed there, but not without the few partygoers loitering in the hallway. they passed glances at her as she walked by, ones she barely batted an eye at, though one girl— a black-haired beauty that looked oddly familiar— continued to stare. glare, even, with a sly smile painted across plump lips.

her hand had been on the restroom door when a manicured hand landed on the side of her arm, accompanied by a saccharine-sweet voice that made her skin crawl. "babe! so nice to see you! your timing's perfect!" hyeon-ah side-eyed her warily, her mind struggling to piece together where she'd seen her. "i was just looking for someone to help me out with my dress."

the light touch had turned into a vice grip around hyeon-ah's arm, and she was now being forcefully half-dragged by a stranger towards the end of the hallway. an image finally surfaced just as the girl pushed the door open, a repulsive scene of her wrapped around sungwoon at one of his other parties. "be a dear, won't you?"

"what—"
was all she could manage before she was as good as shoved into the room, and the door shut behind her as she stumbled forwards, followed by the resounding 'click' of a lock turning. instinctively, she went for the doorknob, rattling it once, twice, as if she might coax the door into opening if she tried enough times.

nothing happened, of course, and hyeon-ah could just hear the fading sound of high-pitched laughter through the wood.

lee na-ri, she remembered now, and this was no doubt just another one of sungwoon's sick jokes. maybe he'd planted something in here to scare her, some sort of ghost or a stupid, bloodied mannequin—

the familiar mop of dark brown hair heralded disaster, and as her mind slowly acknowledged just who it was sitting in front of her, she swore she could feel the dread creeping up her spine like a coiled snake; ready to strike and tear her apart, limb from limb; it swirled and hissed, luring out tears that threatened to fall with every breath she took. it was every bit of effort to rip her gaze away, her arms crossing protectively across her chest. her mind cycled through grief-ridden memories while her heart crushed itself inwardly.

jeon haru, the person, sat in front of her; a grim reminder of jeon haru, the ghost, haunting her every step. she'd buried him three times, and each time he refused to stay dead.

he always came back when she least expected, during those rainy evenings when loneliness seemed to bleed from every corner. when she found herself missing an embrace she'd forced herself to despise.

why couldn't he just stay dead?

it felt like an eternity before she lifted her eyes to look at him once more. instinctively, anger rose to shield her cracked facade; it was too easy to blame him for this, too, except as much as she hated it, she knew him and his expressions and how he was never able to keep a poker face or even tell a straight-faced lie because he could never quite hide it in his eyes; and right now, his eyes whispered hatefully that he probably had nothing to do with this.

the sigh slipped out without warning, huffed out in a quiet sound that almost sounded like a scoff.
"some friends you have, huh?"

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

pretty venom — all time low

interactions

hyeonah

tags

"just say it and we will leave. you know that the last thing that i want is to see you upset because it breaks my heart to see you like that."

yuna's final words echoed solemnly in haru's head as he forced his breathing to slow, a tried and practiced methodology from all the other parties he'd felt himself succumb to in the past without her diligence to snap him out of it. there was no possible way he could enjoy the party as he'd been planning to just an hour ago— certainly not— but perhaps the two of them could stick to one corner of the dance floor and get lost enough in the booze and rhythm that nothing else in their periphery would ever come into focus. 'that's definitely healthy, right?'

just as he'd decided to carry out his newly formulated game plan, haru's head snapped up from his palms at the sound of the door opening and slamming shut faster than his brain could process the additional person in the room. it seemed his eyes, however, moved faster than his mind, as they landed on a tiny tattoo at the top of the girl's back that to this day remained seared in haru's memories. the tiny umbrella with comically large rain drops, an endearingly simple piece he'd witnessed the application of firsthand— a picture he'd gazed at in their closest moments with sheer adoration and trust in their future.

'what the fuck is this? why is she here?' the answer came to him in a heartbeat as he belatedly recalled picking up on the faint sound of na-ri's voice during the altercation. '... fucking sungwoon.'

the harsh sound of hyeonah's irritated scoff brought him back to the moment, back to the doomed situation he'd found himself trapped in. her eyes betrayed nothing, no ounce of the once-bottomless affection they'd harbored for one another. it took everything in his power to not cower in the face of her frosty reception.

"some friends you have, huh?"

haru winced nearly imperceptibly, unable to refute the jab without getting into the details of the group's dynamics, and an inkling of a feeling told him that she didn't actually give a damn about any of that. instead, he swallowed the lump in his throat and straightened his posture, trying his best to not seem like he'd just been on the verge of a panic attack.

"they're not all like that,"
haru replied softly, tensed jaw and white knuckles on his clasped hands the only indication that he was wildly uncomfortable with her company. she wasn't entirely off base, however; he'd always seen the best in even the worst people, a poor judge of character that doyoung's observant eyes had previously made up for in the past, back when they'd vowed to take on the world together.

he took his time standing up, not wanting to scare her with any sudden movements as he approached the door should she see the worst in him after all this time.
"but, um, yeah, you're right. this was probably that bast—"
before he could fully expose how he truly felt about sungwoon, haru paused, reaching around her to bang on the door and jiggle the doorknob with a little more force, a furrow creasing his brow at the confirmation of their predicament— as well as at how easily the words 'you're right' rolled off his lips even after their year apart. not at all surprising, however, seeing as he still wore the same subtle cologne from two years ago because she'd complimented it one time during a lazy morning cuddle session. pathetic.

haru stepped back once again, no longer encroaching her space as her final warning back at the hospital rang loud and clear in his skull. he'd done so well with staying out of her life, with keeping his distance from the woman who would probably rather him cease existing entirely if it were up to her, only to come crumbling down in a single moment all because of some bored rich kid's puppeteering antics. most importantly, however, yuna would probably be worried sick if he wasn't back in the next few minutes.
"i'm sorry about this. they probably think this is funny or something, i don't know— i'm sure they'll let us out soon."

resigning himself to waiting it out, haru backed away and plopped back down onto the edge of the bed, opting to let hyeonah take the loveseat if she cared to lay down the vigilance long enough to rest her feet. where he'd once been rather demure when it came to showing off skin in a setting such as this, he'd long since become desensitized to his body becoming public domain, not caring whether the robe that rested on his shoulders actually covered anything or not so long as the wounds on his back remained hidden.

with nothing but their building tension and unspoken sentiments to keep them company, the awkwardness that hung in the air became nearly tangible, prompting haru to continue their painfully rigid conversation. despite the edgy fashion tastes he'd acquired as of late, his dilated pupils glimmered just as brilliantly as they always had, never capable of hiding his sincerity or discomfort alike as he forced himself to make eye contact, to search her subzero irises for anything at all.
"you guys look nice—"
together,
"you and doyoung. cool costumes."
a tight smile tugged at his cherry lips, gone as quickly as it came.
"have you gotten anything to eat yet?"

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

vampire [olivia r.]

bedroom

outfit

interactions

haru

tags

"they're not all like that." his voice was small, quiet; so tense and so fragile she could find no words to respond that wouldn't threaten to shatter it. so she said nothing— merely watched silently, arms crossed, as he pushed himself to his feet and shuffled forward towards her carefully. cautiously.

as if he thought her an animal ready to pounce on him at any moment.

and hyeon-ah would not contest it, stepping aside casually as he approached. "but, um, yeah, you're right. this was probably that bast—" he mumbled, as his hands reached for the doorknob to jostle it, and she felt a prick of irritation that he didn't trust she could open a door. there was an inexplicable smugness that swelled in her chest when he arrived at the same conclusion, though her stoic, impassive mask betrayed none of it. instead, it was the faint, earthy scent of honey he left behind that made her flinch.

"i'm sorry about this. they probably think this is funny or something, i don't know— i'm sure they'll let us out soon."

he shifted away, soft tap of footsteps against hard floors seemingly the only sound in an otherwise suffocatingly soundless room. she would be atlas, serving her punishment beneath the weight of this oppressive silence. her only way out would be to speak, but she could muster up no words she dared to utter. it felt as if everything would come out as a snap, the equivalent of a cracking whip to a cornered dog. hyeon-ah didn't want to hurt him— she supposed she'd never meant to, even after everything he'd did and everything that'd happened.

her arms tightened around themselves as he took a seat on the bed, studying his every move yet hating that she could not tear her gaze away from him. every bit of him seemed familiar, yet so very foreign. a year of distance and shed tears had blurred memories unwittingly, until all that was left was a figment of what was; its cold fingers still clamped perpetually around her throat.

had he always dressed like this? had his flame always flickered so feebly?

haru looked up suddenly, catching her gaze, and hyeon-ah felt the force around her throat tighten. his eyes had managed to retain the soft sparkle that reminded her of an angel, albeit dimmer, weathered by however the past year had treated him. she didn't know. she didn't care. "you guys look nice— you and doyoung." she snapped into alertness. "cool costumes."

he flashed a smile, painfully courteous. "have you gotten anything to eat yet?"

she hadn't been prepared for him to speak as if they were normal friends, acquaintances— as if how they'd ended hadn't been as bitter as a blizzard, as if they had never dated to even begin with. it caught her off guard, for the her who had relied so much on anger and grief every single time she'd written him a letter and shredded it an hour later. so she took a moment to think, holding his gaze all the while.

"yeah. i tried some of the food just now,"
she paused again, eyes finally darting away for a beat before returning,
"and thanks. he's been doing well. we're still... skating together, and stuff."

her gaze flicked to the deep-red kiss mark on his collarbone, an unreadable emotion filling her being. in her chest, her heart clenched— but just slightly.
"your costume's... nice, too. you... seem like you're doing well, too."
what was supposed to be a question came out more as a statement, and hyeon-ah winced at her blunder internally. at least her voice hadn't wavered.

another pause, and that unbearable silence threatened to creep in again. she reached for the first topic she could think of,
"so... this is sungwoon's doing, right?"
she'd heard the rumours, but she had to admit she'd still been taken aback.
"you guys are best friends now, or something?"

Last edited:

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

dying star — ashnikko

interactions

hyeonah

tags

"yeah. i tried some of the food just now, and thanks. he's been doing well. we're still... skating together, and stuff."

the knot in haru's gut only tightened further at the mention of their familiar extracurricular activities. skating together. those words alone proved enough to break the dam holding back the wave of reminiscence that threatened to flood haru's psyche, memories of cheering them on from the sidelines, recording their performances on his tripod while yuna handed out his homemade sandwiches flashing by like frames in a sequence before his eyes. doyoung had never been the type to let his emotions control him, an admirably driven man with a singular focus on staying in his lane and chasing his own bag, so of course they still skated together, he already knew that— just the two of them, unbothered by his rambunctious energy now that he was out of the picture, out of their way for good as they chased their dreams.

"your costume's... nice, too. you... seem like you're doing well, too."

disingenuous. haru could only stare blankly in response to the second subtle jab of the night, motionless, the filtered air brushing against his bare skin plummeting in temperature the longer hyeonah stared back with her classic icy expression. there had once been a time he'd found such a look endearing, a sharp contrast to the cotton-like softness of her gaze whenever she'd called out to him through the sunset's glow, melodic voice and roaming hands dragging him ever deeper. 'baby.' lost in her wonderland, how naively he'd dreamt of never waking up.

"so... this is sungwoon's doing, right? you guys are best friends now, or something?"

"no,"
haru replied without missing a beat, surprising even himself with how little hesitation the answer came to his lips. had he always felt so sour towards their beloved host? for how long?
"it's complicated. he's—"
the worst. a short pause as he filtered his thoughts before his words came back to bite him down the line.
"he introduced me to some decent people he knew, back when i needed someone, so..."

haru trailed off, not particularly inclined to disclose anything else when all he'd be met with was hostility regardless. though he knew he'd made some rather poor decisions in the year since she'd had last seen him, he'd never hurt anyone, never compromised his own morals or given in to the bandwagon of superiority no matter how ardently they'd pressured him— yuna had made damn sure of that. but hyeonah would never give him that benefit of the doubt, if her guarded tone was any indication of how she currently thought of her lying, cheating ex. no thanks— he'd do without the incomplete judgment.

instead, haru checked his smart watch for any lifeline messages from either his date or the troublemakers themselves, wincing at the searingly bright '11:56' that greeted him through the dim lighting. nothing. they wouldn't let him off that easy. they never did.

with no reprieve from the suffocating awkwardness in sight as his companion opted against sitting, haru bit the bullet and continued where he left off, idly fiddling with the chains strewn across his waist as he explained further.
"call it poor discernment or whatever, i know."
the smile that tugged at his lips failed to reach his eyes, a ghost of a vague emotion just shy of regret clouding his gaze where gentle vitality once resided.
"i just took what i was offered. didn't think i had any other options at the time. and now..."

his lips remained parted uselessly as the words caught in his throat, a million things he wanted to say, a tidal wave of honesty and rawness that welled up to his tongue only to get stuck there, blocked by the pristine image of hyeonah standing boldly before him, unyielding and unfazed by the storm that left him capsized. and while he willed more than anything to keep his oversharing mouth shut for once, to maintain some caliber of elusiveness towards the very woman who'd wrecked him just as easily as she'd kept him afloat, haru had never been great at concealing his thoughts whenever she honed her all-seeing gaze onto his— he'd always been weak to her whims.

"... now we're almost at the end, yeah?"
the placating smile dropped from haru's lips entirely despite the polite playfulness to his tone as he quietly alluded to their upcoming graduation, breaking away to stare down at his stiff fingers while he thought out loud.
"i can vanish without a trace and they won't bat an eye. can't use my body against me or toy with me anymore. it brings me some peace of mind, just a little bit."
his voice barely carried over the music the longer he rambled, almost as if convincing himself of a future he'd fabricated in his own head. when he finally did look back up at his companion, however, stoic and infallible as always, haru couldn't disguise the bitterness plagueing his heart any longer as he approached the very topic he'd been dreading, the only thing she probably cared to hear above all else.
"i did what you asked, though. and i plan on keeping it that way, shitty prank aside— you and doyoung have nothing to worry about."

zeta.

shin doyoung.

신도영

heaven — ashmute

courtyard (?)

outfit

interactions

yuna, sungwoon

"i can totally assure you they're not dating."
the words came from behind him, coloured by a tint of laughter that brought doyoung a short-lived sense of relief. he glanced over his shoulder, away from the misted yard that housed the hot tub, to meet yuna's crescent-eyed smile.
"otherwise, he would have told me already. right, dodo?"

he wouldn't have.

not for a lack of affection between them, but to protect what was there, that they'd so painstakingly rebuilt. yuna always flew too close to the sun — and though her warmth was the best thing about her, doyoung had become all too clear on how easily bonds could melt away.

"dodo?"
he scoffed, slowing down his pace so she was walking alongside.
"who's dodo?"
her question was left behind in the mist as they approached the sound of laughter and water splashing. it was always harder to lie to people you loved.
"did you just get here?"

"no, i was hanging out in the foyer..."
a pause marred her response as she fell into step with him. a beat of awkward hesitation, or merely his projection?
"i got here a while ago, with haru."

another glance; doyoung took in her scarlet dress, and realized there was one more thing familiar about her today. too close to the sun. maybe even closer than he thought. he blinked, but the realization had little time to sink in.

"i think we can just put it down here,"
his momentarily forgotten acquaintance cut in, snapping his attention back to the box he was carrying. and, on cue, almost as if scripted, another voice:
"hey!"

he didn't need to look to know who it was; as he rose from placing down the box, an arm came down across his shoulder in that over-friendly way.
"doyoungs,"
sungwoon sung, drawing out a reptilian 's' in a way that doyoung was fairly sure was meant to be annoying,
"you finally showed up, huh?"

the best way to deal with this guy, he'd learnt long ago, was to give him just enough. not so little he can accuse you of being an asshole, not so much he finds an opening into your issues.
"yeah, finally,"
he agreed, tolerating the touch as he straightened up,
"or you wouldn't have shut up about it, would you?"
it was only half a joke, but sungwoon laughed anyway.

"since you're here already,"
the man continued, waving a dismissive hand as if physically brushing the scathing reply away,
"you should get into the hot tub."
his tone turned suggestive, his smile taking on a sharper edge,
"there's someone who'd love to see you."

doyoung had an idea of who it was. he also had the idea that neither of them would be happy to see each other. he rolled his eyes, pushing off sungwoon's hold in a casual swipe.
"can't, have somewhere to be,"
he refused curtly, thoughts already racing back to hyeon-ah, alone.

"why? hyeon-ah?"
a question that bordered on mocking. a frown flashed by him that he swallowed back in. this is expected, he reminded himself, of course the party host already knew she was here.

"don't worry, she's probably going to be busy for a while."

doyoung paused, an ominous weight settling in his stomach.
"what?"
he asked, eyes narrowing into a glare, eliciting a chuckle from his so-called friend.

"whoa, chill,"
sungwoon threw his hands up, far too amused by the situation,
"it's just 'cause, you know, i saw her go into a room with haru just now."

doyoung hated that it made him freeze. he hated that he'd almost given sungwoon the reaction he wanted. and, for a flashing moment, he hated that he was relieved. she'd be okay if she was with haru. maybe she'd be upset, but she'd be okay.

he took a breath.

with a sigh, he glanced over at yuna, standing in awkward hesitation a few steps away from them, meeting her eyes with a look. she blinked, before speaking up, reliable as ever:
"hey, hurry up, i want a drink already."

doyoung put himself back together as sungwoon looked away, taking her in like she was another piece in the mystery that shaping up to be oh-so interesting. lips pursed, he stepped in between the man's line of sight.
"yeah, well, either way,"
he began, voice kept level,
"i gotta go, see you around."

leaving sungwoon behind without a second glance, his words — yeah, mr popular, see you soon — echoing behind them like a warning, doyoung steered yuna away, back towards the foyer.

Last edited:

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

vampire [olivia r.]

bedroom

outfit

interactions

haru, doyoung (mentioned)

tags

"it's complicated. he's— he introduced me to some decent people he knew, back when i needed someone, so..." that gave her pause, guilt gnawing at her heart. but it shouldn't, really, logically. because she was justified in everything she thought and everything she had thought, and perhaps her only sin had been to do it while he'd still been lying in the hospital bed, but she'd left him flowers and she'd wished him well and that had been all she was able to manage back then.

you didn't do anything wrong. it was the right decision.

she was always too defensive when it came to this.

"call it poor discernment or whatever, i know." it felt like he was coming apart at the seams, threads she'd never even have stitched up his being unravelling bit by bit. "i just took what i was offered. didn't think i had any other options at the time. and now..." her brows furrowed. no other options? it seemed so impossible he'd ever lack options, what with the way his smile was brilliant enough to coax frost-tinged flowers to bloom. no other options?

"and now... now we're almost at the end, yeah? i can vanish without a trace and they won't bat an eye. can't use my body against me or toy with me anymore. it brings me some peace of mind, just a little bit." he'd broken into a ramble, words spilling freely from his lips, and she would've been naive not to guess that he'd accidentally broken a dam in that battle he'd fought against himself.

she opened her mouth to interject, but missed her opportunity as he continued bitterly, "i did what you asked, though. and i plan on keeping it that way, shitty prank aside— you and doyoung have nothing to worry about."

once more, hyeon-ah found herself speechless. there was just too much of his story she didn't quite know, and it really, truly was so much simpler to rely on anger, but hyeon-ah could find none when faced against this jeon haru; neither the jeon haru she'd known loved nor his spiteful, haunting effigy.

it was slowly, cautiously that she finally moved to occupy the empty loveseat opposite him.
"thanks,"
she murmured, after a moment's pause,
"i appreciate it. i don't know what doyoung and you—"

as if on cue, her phone buzzed in her bag, a forgotten lifeline she'd been too frazzled to remember had been there this whole time. shin doyoung, 11:59, the screen flashed, where are you?

hyeon-ah fingers hovered over the keyboard, gaze darting quickly to haru then back to her phone. got locked in the first-floor bedroom. could you come?

a sticker blooped up in response— a silly little cat holding up its paw in a thumbs up— and despite herself, she felt a smile slip onto her lips. gone as quickly as it came when she turned her attention back to her ex, her phone returning to its place in her purse.

"doyoung's coming to get us out. somehow."
she stated quietly, matter-of-factly. haru seemed to murmur an acknowledgment, and then that suffocating silence threatened to return and she could feel the words clawing themselves out of her throat. desperately.

"why would you talk about yourself that way?"
you brought spring to me when i'd resigned myself to winter.
"you aren't..."

you were spring.

the bitterness swelled, a blackish feeling that sat in the pit of her stomach that cried for pity and whined incessantly for her to acknowledge it. hyeon-ah felt sorry for him— she wanted to feel sorry for him— but who had ever spurned the coming of spring? it was the frigidity of winter they shunned in favour of bright smiles and warm words.

maybe she'd thought he was different. maybe he never was.

the edge of her mouth quirked up slightly, sourly, pathetically; her words came quiet.
"how could someone like you ever have no other options?"

Last edited:

epsilon.

moon yuna.

문유나

Second Best - laufey

room

outfit

interactions

haru, doyoung

“Dodo? Who’s Dodo?” Was Doyoung's reply to her statement, blatantly ignoring the part about him and Hyeon-Ah. Not that she wanted to dig more than she was already supposed to know, something she learned by trial and error, but that the consequences of her actions, even though they were innocently done, ended up hurting more people than she ever thought it could be possible.
“Come on! Don’t tell me you don’t think your new nickname isn’t good?”

Rather than getting a reply about the newfound nickname of Doyoung, Yuna was instead questioned about her arrival. She knew Doyoung didn’t mean any harm in his question, but still felt too self-conscious to admit that she was at the party with Haru. Was it because she didn’t want to reveal the truth about the status of her relationship with Haru to Doyoung? Or perhaps it was because she didn’t want Doyoung to connect the dots of the kiss mark, not that she was sure he even saw it, but since their timing of arrival was too close to it, she would rather avoid having to explain that.

But he wouldn’t question her, right? It was Doyoung, after all. He was the type to give a second thought to that kind of stuff. But still, it was an unsettling situation to be in the first place. Nevertheless, her inner turmoil was cut short by the voice of Sungwoon, who was ready to annoy others just for his enjoyment. This time, the victim was Doyoung. Even though their conversation felt dry, there were still the usual jabs from Sungwoon trying to get into Doyoung’s head, and while she wasn’t sure his plan worked on Doyoung, for sure, it worked on Yuna as she heard the words, “it’s just ‘cause, you know, I saw her go into a room with Haru just now,” coming out of his mouth.

Yuna felt sick to her stomach at Sungwoon’s statement. What kind of sick and twisted plan did he decide to carry out on Haru and Hyeon-Ah? Was this really the type of guy Haru called a friend? But despite her anger and her need to yell at him and give a piece of her mind to the host of the party, Yuna was only able to stand still as she held tightly to the fabric of her dress and tried her best to keep her composure. Did she feel this way because of the dislike she felt towards Sungwoon and how she perceived Haru’s friendship with him as something that wasn’t even worth it to have? Or it was because she felt useless knowing she couldn’t do anything to show how that situation really affected her? Sure, she could only say something to him as Haru’s friend, but did she really feel angry because Sungwoon was playing a terrible prank on them or it was because it was Hyeon-Ah the one that was stuck with him? The same person that at one time was an oath to be true love for Haru while Yuna was just a secret that he kept under a lock, a secret that she agreed to keep too, not realizing back then how hard it would get to keep it.

“Hey, hurry up, I want a drink already,” she said to Doyoung, not sure if those words were to get Doyoung or her out of that situation. Either way, it worked for the two of them to get out of there, but before they could leave, Sungwoon’s voice was heard once again. “Hey! Moon Yuna, why don’t you take hold of this in the meantime? Those two are going to need it soon either way.” The guy said while he threw a pair of keys to her. “I am sure I can trust you to keep the fun a bit longer than Doyoung would do.” The last of Sungwoon made Yuna’s blood boil, but she tried to brush it off while making it seem that his words didn’t have any effect on her.

“I know which room Haru and Hyeon-Ah are in, and since we already got the keys, let’s get them out of there.”
Yuna said once she and Doyoung were in the foyer once again. But once they were in front of the door, Yuna felt anxious, not knowing what kind of scene would she face once the door opened; there was no way they would rekindle their relationship, especially knowing how things ended with them; but just the mere thought of losing Haru to Hyeon-Ah who once was his world, suddenly made Yuna felt insignificant. She knew she wouldn’t be able to support Haru if by some miracle during the time they were stuck together, he realized Hyeon-Ah was still his true love. Wasn’t that too egoistic on her part? Knowing damn well that she was never going to be Haru’s first choice.

The clicking sound of the lock opening was enough to make Yuna’s heart race from anxiety, but from all the outcomes, she was faced with the presence of an annoyed Hyeon-Ah and an awkward Haru as she let out a sigh of relief as soon as she saw them. But being in the presence of Hyeon-Ah once again felt like a remembrance of the friendship they had, the moments and memories they shared; but at the same time, the insecurities Yuna once had; as Hyeon-Ah still continued to be as mesmerizing and perfect as Yuna remembered her, the epitome of a flawless person while she was just a flawed one; no wonder Haru fell in love with her and Doyoung developed a crush on her. Because Hyeon-Ah shined like the brightest star in the sky no matter where she was, outshining everyone around her, including Yuna, who knew well that she was just a shadow in the gleaming presence of Hyeon-Ah.

“Are you two okay?”
Yuna asked them, knowing perfectly that she wouldn’t get that much of a reply from Hyeon-Ah, and Yuna certainly didn’t want to make this as awkward as it already was.
“I am sure Doyoung is going to check up on Hyeon-Ah, so I guess we don’t have anything to worry about.”
Yuna said awkwardly as she extended her arm, hoping that Haru would hold her hand in an attempt to calm her jealousy and insecurities and for once feel like Haru would choose her no matter what.
“Let’s go, Haru.”

zeta.

shin doyoung.

신도영

heaven — ashmute

cursed bedroom

outfit

interactions

hyeon-ah

sometimes things happen too abruptly, in too quick a succession, and they melt together in a long second of nothingness. doyoung was a familiar prisoner of that second — now it felt like just one of his moods. he was calm, in that suspended-time sort of way, as he trailed behind yuna, glancing at the keys in her hands every so often. locked in the first-floor bedroom. hyeon-ah's message was still there on his unlocked screen, could you come?

yuna was already reaching for the door when he'd realized they'd arrived and, with a muted click, it was swung open. whether his eyes were drawn to hyeon-ah, or avoiding haru, they landed on her features first. she glanced towards them, expression growing even tighter when she spotted yuna charging in.

he found himself fixed at the entrance for a moment, with not even an extended arm as yuna had. as if waiting for her to come first, wanting that. childish. his will won over the control of his feet soon enough. doyoung quietly brushed past the whispering pair, staunching ignoring the other man as he stepped towards hyeon-ah.

"you alright?"
he almost reaches for her hand but, with a minuscule flinch, he put it on her shoulder instead. he didn't want to feel her let go again. finally, a glance towards haru. still attention-grabbing as ever, still so different from what he was. no matter how either of them changed, they would never overlap. they were night and day — and haru was always day.

he turned back, trying not to dig too deep into how upset she seemed. at what her & haru talked about? at seeing yuna come for him? at the lipstain on- he cut himself off, with a quiet,
"should we get out of here?"

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

cry for love — baekhyun

interactions

hyeonah, yuna, doyoung

"why would you talk about yourself that way? you aren't... how could someone like you ever have no other options?"

haru's eyebrow shot up at the incredulous question— she couldn't have been serious... right? did she see the bond the four of them had back then as something so easily replaced in his once-vibrant world? he had always been one of the more popular ones, sure, but she knew better than anyone how deeply he cherished the makeshift family they'd found in each other that brought out the best in him, how there was little to nothing he wouldn't do for them, giving his all to make sure that those chosen three felt his love by the metric ton. no one else at that godforsaken campus came close in his books, especially when he considered the woman standing before him— he'd have signed away a kidney in a heartbeat if she'd asked, only to be abandoned at his lowest point like a toy she no longer cared to play with once he became an inconvenience. they were far, far more than an option.

"i wasn't talking about myself,"
haru corrected slowly, jaw tensing in discomfort at the blatant misinterpretation. the gentleness in his tone did little to hide the pins and needles coursing through his nervous system, politeness no longer mincing his words after the subtly inappropriate question. the culmination of everything leading up to this shitty conversation, from their initial appearance in the foyer hand-in-hand like unbothered lovebirds to hyeonah smiling down at doyoung's messages as if to say he never weighed on her conscience at all— it all tasted much like petrol coating the roof of his mouth, anyways.
"i was talking about sungwoon, but if all you took from that was self-pity, then let's forget someone like me bothered to answer you earnestly in the first place."

before the tension could set in any further than it already had with his less-than-pleased suggestion, the cursed mahogany door swung open to reveal an agitated yuna marching towards them with anxiety written all over her expression. haru's eyes lit up at the sight of his savior coming to their rescue, beyond grateful to no longer face this awkward situation alone— and of his earlier promise to not run from the scene and face it head-on for once? plan failed, abort mission, escape the premises with haste.

“are you two okay? i am sure doyoung is going to check up on hyeon-ah, so i guess we don’t have anything to worry about. let’s go, haru.”

he didn't think twice before slotting his icy hand into hers and rising to his feet, giving her warm fingers a reassuring squeeze that yes, he was okay and more than ready to dip from this hellish experience.
"just in time,"
he murmured, pounding heartbeat finally settling into a non-concerning pace now that yuna was by his side once more before realizing he was forgetting something.
"oh, wait, one sec—"

haru reluctantly let go to look for his discarded styrafoam scythe, eventually locating it where it had fallen down onto the carpet on the other side of the bed. as he returned to reclaim yuna's hand, however, his gaze mistakenly honed in on doyoung's comfortable touch on hyeonah's shoulder, a jarring reminder that the best friend he'd once pledged a lifetime allegiance to was most likely dating his ex-girlfriend, the very same one he'd been lusting after during their entire time together. strong, infallible doyoung, busily avoiding acknowledging his presence— probably out of disinterest rather than shame— and haru supposed that was for the better.

he closed his eyes for a moment to somehow erase that razor-like image from his memory before resolutely turning to face yuna once again.
"i'm ready to get outta here when you are."

Last edited:

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

butter chicken [oohyo]

bedroom

outfit

interactions

haru, doyoung, yuna

"i was talking about sungwoon, but if all you took from that was self-pity, then let's forget someone like me bothered to answer you earnestly in the first place."

hyeon-ah's gaze hardened. soft as his voice was, it did little to dampen the coldness of his words. oddly enough, the antipathy settled her guilt somewhat— because if he had the capacity for vexation, then hers was no less allowed.

her thoughts were interrupted by the soft click of the bedroom door, a sweet song that lifted her heart in eager anticipation to finally be rescued from this awkward, suffocating, and uncalled-for intervention— only for a familiar face in a darling red dress to come charging in instead. moon yuna, who had been a firecracker wherever she went and whose laughter seemed to light up any room.

"are you two okay?"

she was a girl hyeon-ah had almost dared to call her sister, and who now passed her a cursory glance and before her attention went immediately to haru. once upon a time, a compliment would've come so easily from her lips— you look so pretty in that dress, and your lipstick really ties your look together— but now she could only find discomfort, and a creeping sense of suspicion at the sight before her.

her gaze finally left them as doyoung stepped in, crossing the room in a few strides to reach her side. "you alright?" her fingers reached up to brush gently against the hand he'd placed on her shoulder, though as much as he was a sight for sore eyes, her mind bade for her to study haru and yuna longer, a morsel of truth so close it was begging for her to grab it. "should we get out of here?"

and against her better judgment, she looked.
"yeah—"
her voice was stolen into a whisper as her eyes zeroed in the kiss mark printed on his collarbone, the same shade of vivid red painted across yuna's moving lips; the same shade of red she'd donned as a dress when she'd left the mark as they were embracing by the stairs.

realisation slapped across her face and called her a fool, and hyeon-ah could only muster up a laugh— it came out in a quiet, forceful exhale, tinged with disbelief. did friends just leave kiss marks on each other's collarbones? perhaps she'd never been wrong, after all.

but it was none of her business now.

"yeah,"
she repeated, louder this time, spite in the barely noticeable shake of her voice. hyeon-ah pushed herself to her feet, arm snaking protectively around doyoung's as she pulled him towards the door.
"i've had enough of this party."

haru and yuna seemed to hover by the door, hesitating just long enough for hyeon-ah to push her way by, bare shoulder bumping against yuna's own somewhat forcefully— not enough to topple, but enough to stun.
"sorry,"
she murmured instinctively, though the resentment shouted even louder when she did, enough that to coax soft, venom-laced words out of her as she paused at the room's threshold.

she hated sinking low, but she wanted to, so desperately, because everything about them seemed to reduce her to the most pathetic person to walk the earth and she despised it so, so much. hyeon-ah could've— would've— been the biggest person, stifled her bitterness in any other situation, if not for the alcohol in her system and if not for sungwoon and his stupid, useless prank. she could only apologise that finding out about their affair was the straw that broke the camel's back.

a smile spread across her lips, one that didn't reach her eyes.

"cute dress, the kiss mark really ties your outfits together!"
hyeon-ah said, voice a hateful mimicry of that sickeningly saccharine tone nari had helpfully demonstrated,
"have a good night."

it was a move she regretted as soon as they returned to the main party, when her bravado faltered as soon as they returned to the main party, leaving only distaste for her own pettiness and a numbing sense of shame. the party was now getting into full swing, and as grateful as she was for the crowd's cover, being shoved around by strangers had never been pleasant; nevermind that she didn't know which of these people were sungwoon's cronies, probably ready to toss her into the pool if she gave them the chance.

it might really be her last straw, then.

her grip around doyoung tightened, and she half-pressed her face into his arm as they made for the exit. she let out a soft sigh as they stepped onto the front porch, eyes squeezing shut.

"god,"
she muttered, lips moving against the cool leather of his coat,
"i feel pathetic."

epsilon.

moon yuna.

문유나

lacy - olivia rodrigo

room

outfit

interactions

haru, hyeon-ah

tags

Yuna wasn’t okay, well she pretended to be okay, but the reality was far from how she presented herself at that moment. Facing the person who once received her with open arms and became someone who had a special place in Yuna’s heart wasn’t as easy as the girl thought. Why it was so hard for Yuna to face Hyeon-Ah? She managed to patch up her relationship with Doyoung and Haru despite all the inconveniences that came up with it, but with Hyeon-Ah was a different story.

Was it the cold shoulder Hyeon-Ah gave her when she moved out of the dorms, almost making it seem that Yuna’s existence was the worst thing to ever happen in Hyeon-ah’s life? Or perhaps was the jealousy to know that she was thriving in life after everything that happened? Knowing how she and Doyoung were still excelling in figure skating while she was turning into a nobody when she once thought she was meant to be at the top?

Or maybe she did know the truth about why she felt so uneasy in front of Hyeon-Ah’s presence and she just didn’t want to accept it. Even if it was clear that even if Haru and Hyeon-Ah would rather be somewhere else than be confined in the same space together, just by a glance, Yuna could confirm they still looked good together. Remembering the times Haru was with Hyeon-Ah and realizing his smile would always reach the corner of his eyes and the happiness he radiated made her heart hurt. Knowing how hard she tried, she would never be able to get that.

Because it didn’t take a genius to realize that for both Doyoung and Haru, the choice would always be Hyeon-Ah and not Yuna. Was that the reason she was so desperate to leave? Not because she wanted to get Haru away from the people who hurt him, but to keep living this lie where she felt special and the presence of Hyeon-Ah was a disruptive presence of the life she wanted but would never be able to have.

That’s why maybe she held Haru’s hand a bit tighter than usual. Would he notice it? Knowing Haru, he would do it, but he would think she was doing it to reassure him. But in reality, it was to reassure herself that he was with her and that he wouldn’t slip through her fingers and go toward Hyeon-Ah. The place she was starting to believe was where he belonged, even after all this time.

But then the reality check came up when Hyeon-Ah bumped into her, and she felt tiny next to her. Did she always feel this way, or it was the wicked situation they were in courtesy of Sungwoon that made her feel like that? However, the final blow came up when she heard Hyeon-Ah’s voice “Cute dress, the kiss mark really ties your outfits together!” And at that moment, Yuna’s stomach was full of knots. Because it was obvious she didn’t say it as a compliment, and it was more of a reminder of how pathetic she was trying to have someone who would never be hers.

“I’m ready to get outta here when you are.” Haru said almost as her savior and despite the turmoil that she was going through, she still gave him a slight smile.
“Same here. What about we buy some ice cream and we eat while we watch a movie?”
Perhaps that way she could hide the real reason for the tears she was about to let out.

zeta.

shin doyoung.

신도영

heaven — ashmute

finally, outside

outfit

interactions

hyeon-ah

tags

"have a good night."

hyeon-ah's voice seemed to linger in the room, and doyoung extracted them from it in a calm sort of hurry that could only be felt against his chest. a good night. he felt her lean against him, and wondered if that was possible after this spectacle. the fresh air as they stepped out of the house felt a little cold, doyoung breathed a muted sigh.

"god, i feel pathetic."

he glanced down at hyeon-ah, looking almost defeated, and felt his heart clench. with what emotion? too many. too many and he didn't want to confront any of them. you're not. i'm sorry. it's alright. doyoung ran through all the things you were supposed to say. even if he meant them, would they really help? it doesn't matter. i just wish you wouldn't be sad.

quietly, he wrapped his free arm around her shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. eyes of strangers glanced at them that he stubbornly ignored, shielding her from them with a turn of his back. gossip would surely get back to haru and yuna but, for tonight, doyoung didn't particularly care.

"let's go back home,"
he whispered, pressing a kiss against her hair as he held her for a final moment before pulling away to meet her gaze,
"we'll order something in, okay?"

his hands slipped into hers, breaking the hug to lock their fingers again, as the warmth of outside finally began to set in. it took him a moment to remember where he'd parked the car, before he lead them away from the party, away from the bright lights.

skeleton flower

with time, even the white petals will wither ♡

• h

gold dust

nct 127

scene ii — these four words

good night, my moonlight—
come and embrace me deeply,
lying on the ripples of the embroidered night sky.
perhaps you don't know how pretty your light is.
i quickly touch it and it sparkles,
make a golden path and shine on me.

the ashy fallout of that fateful october night settled along their eyelashes as delicately as the first winter snow, layer upon layer of rejuvenating ivory dust piling upon their shoulders to bury the withered gray melancholy beneath.

with the chilly season settling in for the long haul and schools easing up to let their students enjoy the remainder of the month outside of their studies came a dream vacation hosted by the university's most populated and unproductive winter sports club: the ski club, an athletic association in name only as its members used the entirety of their allocated budget for the sake of drunken shenanigans under the starry winterscape of a four-day-long cabin retreat in the woods. no expense was spared in honor of making the vip trip one for the books; their chosen venue hosted many attractions, including but certainly not limited to a jacuzzi, sledding slopes, a bonfire pit, an indoor gym, and a dance floor, all overlooking a frozen lake beside which towered a sign warning adventurous souls against dangerous activities on the ice.

the first day passed quite uneventfully as each set of guests arrived in increments and claimed a room in the spacious lodge, spending the evening hours getting comfortable and exploring the grounds of the rental property. as the sun dipped below the horizon, however, it took whatever decorum may have resided amongst the buzzing young adults along with it— endless bottles of premium soju made their hasty rounds, popular christmas songs boomed through the karaoke speakers, and plate after plate of cheesy lasagna fresh from the oven reached anyone with a stomach that hadn't indulged in dinner prior to arriving at the retreat.

♡coded by uxie♡

date + time: december 19th, 9pm
weather: -3°C/28°F, light snowfall, no breeze

— — —

good night, my moonlight—
come and embrace me deeply,
lying on the ripples of the embroidered night sky.
perhaps you don't know how pretty your light is.
i quickly touch it and it sparkles,
make a golden path and shine on me.

— — —

the ashy fallout of that fateful october night settled along their eyelashes as delicately as the first winter snow, layer upon layer of rejuvenating ivory dust piling upon their shoulders to bury the withered gray melancholy beneath.

with the chilly season settling in for the long haul and schools easing up to let their students enjoy the remainder of the month outside of their studies came a dream vacation hosted by the university's most populated and unproductive winter sports club: the ski club, an athletic association in name only as its members used the entirety of their allocated budget for the sake of drunken shenanigans under the starry winterscape of a four-day-long cabin retreat in the woods. no expense was spared in honor of making the vip trip one for the books; their chosen venue hosted many attractions, including but certainly not limited to a jacuzzi, sledding slopes, a bonfire pit, an indoor gym, and a dance floor, all overlooking a frozen lake beside which towered a sign warning adventurous souls against dangerous activities on the ice.

the first day passed quite uneventfully as each set of guests arrived in increments and claimed a room in the spacious lodge, spending the evening hours getting comfortable and exploring the grounds of the rental property. as the sun dipped below the horizon, however, it took whatever decorum may have resided amongst the buzzing young adults along with it— endless bottles of premium soju made their hasty rounds, popular christmas songs boomed through the karaoke speakers, and plate after plate of cheesy lasagna fresh from the oven reached anyone with a stomach that hadn't indulged in dinner prior to arriving at the retreat.​

gamma.

jeon ha-ru.

전하루

she loves me not — taemin

milling about the lodge's kitchen

outfit

interactions

yuna

the sizzling scents of marscapone, mozzarella, ricotta, and fontina swirled together atop a cushion of homemade red sauce and fresh basil as haru's signature lasagna bade its time in the oven, dinner for the evening left in his trustworthy hands while yuna braved the biting cold to purchase an array of snacks for their later enjoyment once the festivities were in full swing.

the carefree ski club president had offered to pay for catering instead of leaving the task of feeding a group of thirty high-maintenance college students to one man, but haru didn't mind in the least— poring over heirloom recipes and soaking in the aroma of spices reminded him distinctly of summer nights in the kitchen by his mother's side, an effervescent youth sprinkled with creasing laugh lines and toasted sesame seeds. adulthood seemed oh-so daunting and incomprehensible to him at that age, but she took him by his still-clumsy hand and led him into her world one spoonful at a time, and with each savory bite haru witnessed his mother's love in uniquely novel ways he dreamed of one day sharing with his own child should he ever be blessed with such a treasure.

as more and more people crowded the main floor in anticipation for dinner, drawn out by the aroma wafting through the spacious lodge, haru made haste in preparing a refreshing fruit salad to balance the heavy, cheesy lasagna baking in the oven. it truly wasn't too hefty of a workload for him, especially since yuna had graciously helped prepare a good chunk of the prep work.

"can one of you crack open that window, just a teeny bit?"
he asked to anyone who might be listening, never once looking away from the cutting board as his deft hands made quick work of chopping up the remaining fruits.
"it's hot as hell in here, and it's only gonna get hotter once that oven opens again— please and thank you!"

"yes, chef!"
a wide, pleased grin tugged at his lips as the cheeky response came from over his shoulder. though he may not be familiar with every face peeking back at him just yet, he could hardly deny how lovely and nostalgic this atmosphere felt— as usual, yuna may have been right in convincing him to not to give away their reservation, after all.

with the sun fully setting over the horizon earlier than ever as they ventured further into the chilly season and the music blasting over the speakers drowning out the sounds of popping bottle caps, a familiar ping from the oven timer meant it was finally time to dig in. the salivating crew of young adults pounced ruthlessly on the simple buffet once haru distributed each piping hot slice onto sturdy paper plates that an organizer from the ski club helpfully provided when he wasn't paying attention. while the onslaught of compliments about his culinary skills and grateful pats on the back would ordinarily have landed him on cloud nine, he couldn't help but grow anxious as his partner remained m.i.a. longer than he'd expected, worry gnawing at his brain as he contemplated assembling a backup plate for her just in case.

"yuna!"
haru beamed, eyes lighting up in relief at her familiar figure slipping back into the lodge with her arms full of goodies from the convenience store down the road. he finished the last few bites of his meal in record time and hopped to his feet to press a warm kiss against both of yuna's icy cheeks and take the load off her hands so she could get settled in once more after traversing the snowy terrain.
"you're just in time— i'll put these away, so grab a slice of lasagna before youngjae inhales it all."

epsilon.

moon yuna.

문유나

Doughnut - twice

cabin

outfit

interactions

haru

tags

When Yuna decided to follow up with the group that was going to the convenience store to stack on snacks and beverages, she didn’t think the cold weather would be higher than she anticipated, even if she was wearing a warm jacket, she started regretting her choices perhaps the best decision was to stay inside and help Haru cook but it was too late and was making her way with the rest.

The empty convenience store suddenly became a bustling environment when Yuna and the rest arrived, the bustling atmosphere was just a prior notice of everything they had in mind to happen that night, especially when most of them were selecting snacks that would go well with beer and others were just thinking how much they could carry without having to do a second trip once the drinks were over, but Yuna wasn’t really in the mood for drinking or being part of a big party, probably because it reminded her of the Halloween fiasco at Sungwoon’s house.

Perhaps that was the reason the girl was grabbing a package of crackers, chocolates, and marshmallows, Yuna could almost picture perfectly the scene of Haru and her, roasting marshmallows while they just stared at the stars and sharing a blanket together to avoid the cold, the mere thought of that made Yuna feel butterflies in her stomach, nothing and no one could ruin this night as Yuna had the feeling it would be perfect, as she walked through the aisle expecting to find something else to buy, her eyes set on a little toy, a duck snow mold to be precise a smile appeared as soon as she saw it and grabbed it without a second thought.

When Yuna and the rest arrived back at the cabin they were received by the smell of freshly cooked pasta and spices that would make anyone feel hungry, but while the girl was already wishing to sit at the table to eat Haru’s lasagna his voice was heard like a happy chirp “Yuna!” he exclaimed as his eyes beamed just by looking at her, and at that moment Yuna felt a fondness that she didn’t know it was possible to feel for someone especially when she was caught by surprise by the kiss on her cheeks, and at that point, she wasn’t sure if the redness on her face was due to the cold or the sudden show of affection.

“I am lucky I arrived just in time I am starving! I bought marshmallows so we can roast them later and even one of those duck molds!”
She said with a smile, as she followed Haru. Yuna was sure this was just the beginning of a magical night.

iota.

baek hyeon-ah.

백현아

greed [jiwoo]

path leading up to the lodge

outfit

interactions

doyoung

tags

in an incredible twist of fate, hyeon-ah was looking forward to something. regardless of what characters she expected to also be present at the getaway, she felt untouchable. it was the thought of a white christmas, the thought of a small but lovely birthday celebration, and the thought of who she would spend it with. he was currently dozed off, head casting a comfortable weight on her shoulder — even while asleep, his fingers never once loosened around her own. the sight of him made her smile, and she thought of how she might've been content, too, back in seoul as long as he was there.

shin doyoung was her boyfriend.

it was a giddying thought. he really did bring out the worst in her.

how had he managed to make it through dinner? he'd been up almost 'til sunrise finishing up the last of his assignments, and yet he'd still found it in him to offer her sleepy-eyed smiles as he held her hand over the table; at least he got to rest now.

a yawn bubbled in her throat, and she pressed her cheek against his hair, eyes fluttering shut to enjoy the peace offered by his warmth. she supposed she'd been up pretty late too, tired attempts to prepare midnight brews and sit by him in solidarity; perhaps she'd have time to catch a quick nap too before she had to wake him...

the gentlest touch nudged her out of slumber, and hyeon-ah shifted in her seat, half-lidded eyes greeted with the lovely sight of his brown eyes curved into a half-moon smile.

"we're here?"
she didn't have to wait for his answer; the stream of people shuffling past her towards the bus' doors answered her question well enough. doyoung was already stood in the aisle, reaching for their stowed bags, and she pushed herself to her feet to help.

"sorry,"
hyeon-ah said, stifling a yawn as the last remnants of sleep left her system,
"i wasn't supposed to sleep for that long."

a hand went for her duffel, only for him to tug it out of her reach.
"hey,"
she protested softly,
"i can carry it."

"it's fine, i got it." she watched as he hoisted his own bag onto his shoulder. "mine's light, anyways."

she only smiled in response, arm moving instead to loop around his. casting one last glance by their seats to make sure nothing had been left behind, they moved down the aisle and stepped into the cold winter air.
"oh, it's snowing."
her gaze lifted to the sky, the smallest snowflakes dancing amidst specks of distant starlight against a darkened sky. how pretty.

as they trudged forward through the snow towards the cobbled path leading up to the resort, she steadied herself against him. maybe heeled boots hadn't been the best idea — she'd have to change out of them if they wanted to spend more time outside. with the weather so lovely, it felt like a mistake not to. that was, if he had the energy to, of course.

she stole a glance at him, noting the way his cheeks had been tinted pink by the cold; her heart did a small flip when he turned to meet her gaze curiously.
"do you think the good rooms are still free?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back