• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern skeleton flower.

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

sox

محبت

skeleton flower.

with soju bottles lining the walls, flashing lights reflecting off dancing bodies, and the latest changmo song blasting through the speakers, there truly was nowhere better for a student to party on a friday evening in the university area than at the mansion of choi sungwoon, son of the athletic director and a stinkin' rich playboy. the theme for the night was "something you wouldn't wear to chuseok," and the partygoers had been given quite some liberty in determining what that meant.

the only rule? each person has to take three shots of a liquor of their choosing upon entry—no excuses, and no exceptions.

for our four students of interest, the night had only just begun and expectations were high; sungwoon was infamous for his high-budget soirees and his dauntingly clear swimming pool, as well as just good times in general. the man was friends with nearly every pretty person on campus, resulting in a hotspot for attractive young adults to mingle and let loose together without the fear of creepy outsiders barging in. plus, the booze was all free! the only cover charge sungwoon asked was that each guest hit the dance floor by midnight—not too tall of an order for some fresh-faced college kids.

and so the party begins for the four troubled souls. how will they handle confronting their past demons?

let's find out after a few shots.

TIME: 11:00 PM
DATE: one week into the semester
south east of campus in a secluded neighborhood
WEATHER: warm enough to wear a t-shirt
and shorts in comfort

A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba thirteen thirteen Uxie Uxie

Choi Hae-Seong

Why in God's name did he let Moon-Young convince him to come? She better be glad that Hae-Seong loved her so much. Otherwise the two would no longer be friends. He had gotten her text a couple days before. Moonie begged and begged for him to leave his apartment for something other than class, just for one night. And he felt guilty too. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy her company any more, but Hae-Seong had gotten into the habit of brushing her off. He had made a lot of excuses the past few weeks to why they couldn't go out to lunch or hang out after class. Even if he knew it wouldn't happen, he worried that staying close to Moonie and relying on her so much would only end in heart break. That one day she'd stop caring. If he distanced himself it would make it less painful, less excruciating, than it had been in the past. He didn't want to think that way. He trusted her more than anyone else. It was just that deep cuts tended to leave scars. It just so happens that the knife that was plunged into his back left a pretty nasty one. Wait. Didn't one have to be healed to scar?

Hae-Seong whined practically the whole way to the party. "Why me? You have other friends." "I feel like I get a best friend pass now since I came. Like a get out of jail free card." "Just kill me before I absolutely embarrass myself in front of the whole campus." That was just the highlight reel. He wasn't one to like social gatherings. Especially huge parties thrown by rich boys. A world he never knew. One he'd probably never know. It wasn't that Hae-Seong hated people. He just didn't like it when they talked to him. It was too hard to socialize. How could he make people like him if he thought himself to be terrible company? Most of the time he probably came off as snarky and judgemental. If he acted that way no one would bother him. Then he could go back to his room and stay there all alone for the rest of his life. That sounded like a good plan. He didn't need or want anyone else. Moonie could be his only friend for the rest of his life and he'd be pleased. The sad part was he hadn't always been this way.

Hae-Seong had been semi hopeful that they'd tell him to turn around and go home at the door. Even if he had spent a good amount of time trying to figure out what to wear. What type of theme was "something you wouldn't wear to chuseok"? An idiotic one really. He never claimed to be a fashion genius, quite the opposite actually. If you were good at fashion, you brought attention to yourself. That was literally the last thing Hae-Seong wanted, attention. That word made his skin crawl. Some would argue that his choice of study was counter-intuitive to his want to stay in the background. Not really. Playing in an orchestra, he was just one sound, one small part of something bigger. If he went into music education, like he planned to one day, no one really paid attention to the music teacher either. It was better that way. He wasn't anything special.

Much to his disdain, he was let in. Doing his required shots at the door, he already felt it's effects while walking into the party. Hae-Seong was glad for the tinge of numbness in his mind. He'd need some sort of alcohol to get through the night. If at all possible he'd like to forget any dancing he'd have to do. He wished for someone to end his suffering. Was it bad to wish for alcohol poisoning before the clock struck twelve? How's that for your Cinderella story. He had sort of been following Moon-Young around. He barely knew anyone. Well, that wasn't true. Hae-Seong knew a lot of people, it's just they didn't know him. He didn't plan on making any new friends tonight. He just wanted to make the one he had happy. Soon, she was telling him to stay put, that she was just going to get some drinks for the two of them and be right back.

And that was a while ago. After the first couple minutes he realized the likely story would be he wasn't going to see Moonie for the rest of the night. She was definitely not going to hear the end of this. He was so off the hook for everything he ever did to her. He waited in his spot for a few more minutes before deciding that he was going to venture further into the party. Liquid courage kept him from bolting out the door the first chance he had. Making his was through the crowd, he eventually found his way into the kitchen. He hadn't seen so much liquor in all his life. Wanting to have a manageable hangover the next day, Hae-Seong grabbed a beer and twisted it open. He fiddled with the bottle cap in one hand as he looked around. Eyebrows pulled together in thought as he took a swig from his bottle. He wondered what he should do now that he was left to his own devices. He was half looking for someone he knew just to have something to do. One could tell he was desperately bored if he was looking for someone to engage in conversation. Either that or he was tipsy. Tonight seemed like a bit of both.

Then he found her. A very very familiar face. Oh God, he was not ready in any way, shape, or form to speak to her. Her face was not one Hae-Seong wanted to see. Not because he hated her. Oh ho no. The fact his palms got sweaty, face slightly reddened, and heart picked up pace told him otherwise. He tried to convince himself that he wasn't in love with her anymore. That he had moved on because it was impossible. That he had completely ruined everything with her. That was probably the largest lie he'd ever told himself. Hae-Seong still loved Ji-Aera. Believe me, he tried to get over her. He tried when she first started dating his (ex)best friend. He tried a year ago when he was cutting all his ties with the human race. He tried after he told her how he felt and she couldn't give him an answer.

Hae-Seong wanted to run away in that moment. Escape any possible conversation between him and her. Especially after what happened. Why had he even agreed to drink that night? It was so so stupid. Even if they had been drunk, they couldn't erase what happened. They couldn't undo the fact that they had slept together. He wanted to rewind for her sake. He knew she only felt regret. That she felt terrible. No matter how hard he tried to force himself, just like how he hadn't been able to stop loving her, Hae-Seong couldn't feel regret over that night. Oh boy did that hurt. Because to him it meant something. But to her. To Ji-Aera, it meant nothing. It, no he, was only just a mistake.

That's why he felt his heart sink and his stomach do somersaults when they locked eyes with each other. Hae-Seong now knew that nothing good ever came from leaving his house. Moonie, why do you hate me so much? What the hell did I do in my past life to deserve this?
Tags: thirteen thirteen & Uxie Uxie | Outfit: does this work?

sungwoon's mansion
irritated
hae-seong, jaehyuk
moon-young
epsilon

"i'm gonna go get some drinks! don't move an inch~" were her last words to hae-seong before she skipped off into the crowd in search of the kitchen. she'd already had to take the obligatory shots by the entrance, so she desperately needed something else to down. something with a little less alcohol content so she wouldn't pass out mid-dance. that was always a mood-killer.

of course, the girl had gotten distracted along the way. she'd caught sight of her ex-roommate, and the two had been immediately struck up a conversation. currently, hye-jung, the roommate, was explaining how her last boyfriend had totally been the worst one yet, and moon-young was listening along with rapture. hye-jung always had the wildest of love stories, though thinking about romances, nothing was quite as whirlwind as jaehyuk and aera's. her mouth twisted into a slight frown as they crossed her mind, and she broke eye contact with her friend briefly just to glance around her vicinity. looking for them, but she wasn't quite sure why. to see them? or to avoid them?

whichever it was, it reminded her of her initial objective, and moon-young clapped suddenly, startling her friend. "what?" hye-jung asked, bewildered. moon-young shook her head, and flashed an apologetic smile.

"i came with a friend, ah, do you remember hae-seong-oppa? i promised him drinks and he's probably huddled in a corner, bored to death with the most parched of throats." hye-jung giggled at her remark, and moon-young returned with one of her own. if hae-seong was an animal crossing villager, he'd be a cranky type. grandpa's didn't often thrive in parties, which all the more made it imperative for her to run back soon. "i gotta take a trip to the kitchen. but, text me the rest?"

"yes, meong-young. he's single, right? introduce me sometime. i remember him being cute." moon-young gave her a small wave, then turned back to remind her once more as she was leaving, but by then, hye-jung had disappeared into the crowd. hye-jung was pretty, but moon-young highly doubted hae-seong would consider her. she had a feeling— no, actually, she was quite sure of it— that hae-seong was not over someone. definitely not. hye-jung wouldn't stand a chance till that was entirely squashed if moon-young knew anything about hae-seong's somewhat obsessive nature.

speaking of hae-seong, how long had it been anyways? whoops.

she finally slid into the kitchen after dodging a sleazy, too-drunk boy she recognised as a computer science major. she'd been strongly resisting the urge to sock him in the jaw, but he was long gone by now. thank god. greeted by a wide variety of alcohols arranged haphazardly on the counter, moon-young dove straight for the fridge, flinging it open and letting out an excited woop when she spotted a carton of fruit juice. sungwoon wouldn't mind. he probably wouldn't even notice.

another figure entered the kitchen as she was pouring out her deliciously non-alcoholic drink into one of those fancy glass cups scattered around, and she shifted slightly to give way, yet to catch sight of who he was. when she finally turned, however, her gleeful smile faded, replaced with a furrowed brow and a slight frown. how coincidental. but in a bad way. what was a bad coincidence? bad luck, maybe? but that sounded a tad too harsh. moon-young eyed him, deliberating whether or not to speak.
♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

moon jaehyuk

mood excited, restless

location sungwoon's party

tag Uxie Uxie

outfit x
if there was one thing that jaehyuk needed on a friday night after syllabus week, it was a proper rager to get the semester fully in swing. while he wasn't the type to get black-out drunk on a good night, the man had gone for too many months without a truly successful night of lowered walls and mindless dancing with strangers. sure, he'd had his fun here and there, and often didn't leave alone, but the best parts of his weekend rarely happened behind closed doors with someone he'd been eyeing across the dance floor.

no, the real fun always came before that.

dressed in a suede baseball cap, converse, and a white t-shirt tucked into sleek black jeans, hyuk stepped up to the mansion and was instantly greeted by far too much yelling for that early in the night.

"the theme was something you wouldn't wear to chuseok, you know," teased joonyoung, a relatively good friend of his who he saw at nearly all late night events.

hyuk feigned hurt at his words. "you're telling me your mom wouldn't lock you outside if you wore a hat to the table?" he reasoned, earning a playful shove in return along with a plastic shot glass. "this better be rum," he warned.

joonyoung paused for a moment before grinning in far too shady of a manner for hyuk's comfort. "yeah, man. it's rum. it's totally rum."

regardless of the fact that it most definitely was not rum, hyuk downed his three mandatory shots and entered the house with the promise to return with more drinks for the outdoor pong players, who had somehow managed to drain all the packs of soju set aside for them. hyuk expected no less, however; sungwoon's parties were always grand, but this was one in particular had raked quite a crowd. he might even have trouble finding too many people he knew, with how many bodies were pushing past him in the halls.

after stopping to chat with random friendly faces and avoiding some wandering eyes, hyuk finally found the kitchen, which had a decent amount of people hanging around but not too many to deal with. he was positive sungwoon had a stash of bourbon hiding somewhere in there—worst case scenario, he'd make a soju bomb and call it a success.

much to his displeasure, the only bourbon sungwoon had stocked up on was cocoa flavored, and he had no plans on throwing that vile liquid up later. with a deep sigh, hyuk set to work on building his soju bomb using the bottles of sapporo lying around the counters. after only a couple seconds, the student felt a pair of eyes watching him, unsettling him despite it being commonplace.

when he looked to his right to meet those eyes, however, his fight or flight nearly kicked in. hyuk hadn't seen moon-young in a long, long time, and she looked even prettier than she had their freshman year. after a second of staring with a deer-caught-in-the-headlights expression, hyuk remembered that he was mid-pour and quickly set down the beer bottle.

"h-hey..." he greeted tentatively, nervous smile tugging at his lips. he had no clue how she felt towards him, whether she still stood by her feelings from that day or if she'd be willing to entertain a conversation. "how... are you?"

'how are you?' the fuck is wrong with you, man? hyuk felt like a sudden death wouldn't be so bad.

coded by weldherwings

park ji-aera
iota.
"Aigoooo," Tae-eul drawled out, as though she was the lead antagonist in a drama, quickly swatting away Ji-Aera's ever present hands. "Stop trying to tug at your dress. You look good. Hot, even. All courtesy of me."

"I look like a fool. I shouldn't have let you talk me into wearing this dress." Ji-Aera's scowl was hidden with the dark curtain of hair that floated around her, but it would be hard to miss the sulkiness in her voice.

"I'd rather cut out my heart and let my eomma eat it." Tae-eul said in her regular dramatic fashion. "You looked like you were going to a funeral. A funeral, to Choi Sungwoon's party? That was not going to happen anytime soon. You're lucky your unnie stepped in and helped you out. Look at you! You look fabulous!"

"You're only two months older than me," Ji-Aera huffed, and was going to add more, but fell silent at Tae-eul's warning gaze. In retrospect, maybe she should have been a bit more understanding, a bit more grateful--Tae-eul was only trying to do something nice for her. But that didn't mean that she had to wear a dress that was too short and--hung off her wrong.

After a few more attempts from the effervescent Tae-eul to rope her into conversation, Ji-Aera finally relented, complaining about the workload they had been assigned despite it only being one week in. Both of them got a few swears in about Professor Joon before joining a few of their mutual friends who lingered outside the mansion, waiting for them. Ji-Aera had to admit, alcohol was much more easier to manage when you were with a few others. The first entrance shot was rather problematic, but once she had cleared her throat, the other two were smooth on its way down. She had to give it to Sungwoon--the shots at the entrance were a stroke of genius. It was the perfect mix of pre-gaming and weeding out of the week. Even as she passed through, she could see a few others (probably underclassmen who wanted to get a chance to party) lingering around nervously.

As a party partner (blame Tae-eul for the creative phrase, not her), Ji-Aera was only good with a few drinks in her. It wasn't like she was shy or anything, but it took a few drinks for her to be on the same wavelength as the party, to flawlessly twirl from conversation to conversation, even if she was conversing with the drunkest of drunks. She quickly found her way to the cluster of Economics majors, a few of whom already looked like they needed to be taken home.

"Aera!" Sung-kyun didn't even seem phased by the way she glared daggers at him. "You've come so late. We're way ahead of you." He said, handing her a beer, which she accepted, but not before poking him vigorously in the side in punishment. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop saying my name like that? I'm older, show some respect." She grumbled, channeling the same verve that Tae-eul had just used on her a few minutes before. Sung-kyun didn't even acknowledge her berating, but simply handed her another beer once she was quickly done with the first. Economic majors were nice, and it was always nice to have a little hub to bounce back to when her other friends had all drifted away, but based on the way two of their members were starting to get a bit touchy, Aera assumed it was time for a group switch.

Some people were great, all she had to do was shake their hand or oblige a small interaction, and that was it, but others were more time consuming. One notorious classmate spent 15 minutes detailing her repeated major switches, only for her to return to her initial major. It would have been an interesting conversation, had the girl not been a little more than tipsy and dangerously close to tears. Feeling quite drained from looking at those glassy eyes and trying to comfort the despondent girl, Ji-Aera set her sights on the kitchen, hoping that the atmosphere in that room would be much different than here. She slipped past a few throngs of people, wincing at the hot breath and clouds of alcohol-tinged sweat, and shot a dirty look at Tae-eul's teasing smack to her ass.

Before long, she made it into the kitchen, hair falling around her once more to make sure she didn't make eye contact with anyone. Eye contact was dangerous--it could be a signal for a conversation about missing one another, not seeing each other in classes anymore (if you weren't even in the same major, how were you even supposed to do that?), or a bland invitation for an interested party to come and approach you with a drink. Ji-Aera shuffled to the kitchen, fingers once again tugging at the hems of her dress, and tried to make her way to a corner where she could pause for a moment and catch her breath.

The corner, was unfortunately occupied. Ji-Aera raised her head for a moment, and made contact with Hae-Seong, her once best-friend, and well....it was complicated.

It wasn't like she hadn't expected it. She knew that the others would have been at the party too--but she had been relying on the sheer amount of people to make sure that she didn't have to see them or interact with them.

And it wasn't like she was upset at Hae-Seong--quite the opposite. She was rather on good terms with him, if the memory of twining bodies and drunken kisses could be called that. But with that interlude had come with a lack of a conversation, and she had never been one to stand for that. But looking at him now, she couldn't help but soften her features, allow a small smile to curve on her lips to reassure him.

Maybe that conversation that she had been hoping for would happen.

"Hi." She hummed, her hands immediately coming to lace behind her back, where she could anxiously twist her fingers without being seen by him. It quickly struck her that Hae-Seong's expression was akin to a "oh shit, let me die now" gaze, and it dawned on her that her company might not be received as welcome. "O-oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I can go," She offered openly, giving him an out. She was critically aware that he had confessed his love to her, and her only resulting answer had been to ask him why he hadn't come forward--a narrative that had quickly fizzled out to some other drunken decisions. Ji-Aera felt very exposed under gaze, and the slight rush of air that whirled around her as she leaned back on one foot only reminded her about her very bare legs.

Damn it, Tae-eul. She knew she should have gone for that black dress.
sungwoon's party
anxious, nervously energetic
Hae-Seong / A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba
coded by natasha.

Choi Hae-Seong

Hae-Seong felt his heart race in his chest. He had expected Aera's face to scrunch up. For her to look at him with complete disgust. For her to scowl when she saw him. Because he had been the instigator. He had been the one to kiss her. Which would probably shock just about everyone who knew him. His pessimistic mind was surprised, however, to see her smile. Aera's eyes softened as she looked.... happy? Wait. That didn't seem right. Now he was confused. Hae-Seong wasn't sure if she was faking a smile because they were in public and she didn't want to make a scene. Or if she really was glad to see him. If she was glad to see him, what did that mean? Did that mean that she possibly....

Hae-Seong train of thought was quickly derailed by her greeting. He gave her a slightly nervous, but mostly positive smile. He was just about to open his mouth and say hi back, until she interrupted him. Saying that she could go. He didn't want that. She was probably the only person he knew in this place. The fact she hadn't slapped him in the face the first chance she got made him at least want to see how she was. After two months, he had probably wondered more about Aera than anyone else he was aware of. She seemed to constantly be on his mind. "Uh... N- No it's fine, don't go," He stammered almost as quick as she said it. Did that sound desperate? He was totally going to screw this up wasn't he? This is why he never interacted with people. "That is unless you have somewhere to be or someone else you have to talk to or need something else or uh.." He shook his head to end his rambling, "Nevermind." He nervously chuckled, shoving one hand into his pocket while the other tightened it's grip on his half empty beer.

Hae-Seong noticed what she was wearing. The dress complemented her perfectly. The color worked with her skin tone, her dark hair and dark eyes stood out against it's gentle hue. The waste line giving her a nice figure and the length cut off pretty high up, exposing her long legs. She looked stunning. He was pretty certain she could make a garbage bag look good. She was just that gorgeous. Aera wasn't normally the type to wear a dress this short. He could tell, by the way she had tugged on it nervously, that she felt a bit uncomfortable. He didn't want to make her more uncomfortable by staring. He kept his gaze locked in her eyes. "You... look beautiful," Hae-Seong complimented, his voice was gentle, completely genuine. He cleared his throat a few seconds later. He really hadn't meant to, y'know, say it out loud. But the alcohol in his system told him that she needed to hear it. Honestly, she should hear it every day of her life.

Standing there for a couple seconds, he felt himself getting progressively more awkward. Why? Probably because they had been standing in silence for what seemed like too long. Right. Conversation. He could do that. Kinda. Maybe. "How are you?" Hae-Seong finally blurted out, "Your first week go ok?" With that he just waited for her response. He then had a thought. Did she want to talk about that night? Would she bring it up? As far as he was concerned, he didn't want to touch the subject. He dreaded hearing the answer to his confession. To actually hear her say "I'm sorry I just don't feel that way" would be crushing. Even if he guessed that her answer would be no, she didn't feel the same, Hae-Seong could still trick himself to believing that it was possible, improbable, but fantasies didn't have to be realistic. He wouldn't have to confront the heart break that would ensue. Some would argue that maybe she would tell him that she did. That she wouldn't reject him. Hae-Seong would probably scoff at them. Him? Really? That was a joke. Who was he for Aera to even look at him? He knew she didn't like him when she went off and dated Hyuk. He had been so sure at that time that she did, he was completely blindsided. You just don't develop romantic feelings out of nowhere.

He just needed to chill. He didn't know what she'd say or what she'd want to talk about. There was no use in getting anxious over a conversation that hadn't started yet. Hae-Seong should just enjoy her company. Be glad he had one person he could speak to. His little pep talk did absolutely nothing to calm his worry. Or to make him feel any less awkward. He suddenly wished that he had chosen something a little stronger to drink.
Interaction: Aera( thirteen thirteen ) | Outfit: does this work?

sungwoon's mansion
oh boy
jaehyuk
moon-young
epsilon

jaehyuk finally took notice of her, and moon-young instinctively glanced away. what? no! what was she scared of? she forced herself to meet his eye. keeping her expression neutral. as neutral as she could manage, anyways.

moon-young took a measured sip from her cup, all the while returning his stare with a steely gaze. what kind of stand-off was this? maybe she should say something—

"h-hey... how... are you?" he beat her to it, and moon-young nearly choked on her drink, as if she hadn't been hoping for something to break the awkward silence.

"fine- i've been okay. you?" her reply came almost immediately, and she wanted to hit herself for even responding when she was supposed to be giving the cold shoulder. even if she'd felt more than a little guilty after the crash, hearing that he had gone through with what she'd told him to. maybe she'd sort of regretted doing that, especially seeing how hurt aera had been after. it was her bad, yeah, but jaehyuk moving on quite promptly and becoming notorious for his conquests was on him too. just thinking of her friends gossiping about his exploits left a sour taste in her mouth. "well, from what i've heard about you, you seem to be doing great. too great, almost." the scorn in her voice was clear, though it surely came out more seething than moon-young intended.

"i mean, you do you. yeah. i didn't mean for it to come out so... bitchy. well, i kind of did. but like, not that much." god, now she was just rambling. "it came out kind of petty. sorry." she broke eye contact, staring down at the drink in her hands. wasn't she supposed to be bitchy, though? she should be angry, fuming over what he'd done to the ones she held dear. so why did she feel so bad?

deciding the bubbles in her drink was no longer all that interesting, moon-young shifted her gaze to him, giving him a once-over. his face had barely changed from the cheerful, goofy guy who'd crashed their lunch group quite unceremoniously one afternoon, but he looked considerably wearier. like he had more baggage, but didn't they all? "the hat makes you look kinda bald." she stated dryly, "what are you making?" his hand was still gripped around the beer bottle. moon-young remembered thinking that he'd make a great hand model the first time they met. she giggled softly at the memory of their first interaction, then stopped herself, embarrassed. be serious, idiot.
♡coded by uxie♡

moon jaehyuk

mood nervous, anxious

tag Uxie Uxie

outfit x
despite him being the one to initate conversation after such a long period of radio silence, moon-young's instant jabbing remarks caught jaehyuk more off guard than he cared to admit. a distraught grimace replace the tentative smile he had initially offered her. was she referring to his body count, of all things? he suppressed a groan at the thought—despite him having only taken less girls home than he could count on his hands, the rumors had spread like wildfire that he was a rampaging playboy who couldn't keep his dick in his pants. he hadn't even slept with anyone for several months after his relationship with ji-aera ended, but that fact got lost in transit as well.

he didn't think the moonie he used to know was the type of person to buy into that, but, well, whatever. he couldn't change her mind even if he bothered to. it wasn't like they knew each other anymore, anyways.

before he could continue, however, moon-young started again, seemingly less aggressive in her words. "i mean, you do you. yeah. i didn't mean for it to come out so... bitchy. well, i kind of did. but like, not that much. it came out kind of petty. sorry."

hyuk blinked a couple times in confusion, but the absurdity of the situation brought a genuine smile to his face. "it did. apology accepted." these types of surprisingly endearing quirks used to be a daily experience for them. yup, she hasn't changed much at all. he repressed a fond smile at the memory.

"the hat makes you look kinda bald. what are you making?"

"bald is trendy right now,"
his mildly tipsy mouth joked casually before he could catch himself. they weren't close—they weren't even friends anymore. he didn't know how to act around someone who was once family but now probably hated his existence. "soju bombs." hyuk grabbed another glass and shot glass as he spoke, already pouring one for moon-young while avoiding eye contact. if she didn't want it, he'd just give it to someone else. he didn't know why he was being so accommodating in the first place. "you drop the shot glass into the beer and drink it like that." he demonstrated and took a swig of his own drink. "try itit's really good."

coded by weldherwings

Last edited:
park ji-aera
iota.
"Uh...N-no, it's fine. Don't go. That is, unless you have somewhere else to be--" Hae-Seong sounded almost as nervous as she was, and Ji-Aera considered the possibility that she had read the situation wrong. This was their first time meeting after...well, you know, and both parties were bound to be a bit anxious with another, considering how they had departed. It seemed as though he was more desperate to have her stay than to be left alone, so she pushed off her foot that had been cautiously set behind her to approach him. He was in his typical "I'm very nervous" position, with a hand jammed into his pocket like his life depended on it, and a hand curled tightly around a can of beer. Aera was quite sure that if beers had feelings, this one would be crying out in pain.

"Looks like I'm staying." Aera murmured, trying for another smile to set the very anxious man at ease. "No, no, there's no one else I have to talk to, and there's definitely nothing else I have to do. Unless you count hitting the dance floor by midnight." She said, remembering the request Sungwoon had made of them. "I forgot my watch, but I'm sure we have a ways till then. So, I'm all yours." She said, then let a pause pass between them as she considered the double entendre of her words.

Aera opened her mouth, presumably to ask about his life, or classes--or anything, really, but was cut off with his quiet admission of her beauty. Her mouth snapped shut and she glanced down, and back up again, her eyes being captured in Hae-Seong's gentle eyes. She could feel that his statement was quite genuine, not one of those artificially constructed compliments that made your teeth rot. She mumbled a thank you, still a bit in shock at how genuine his response to her outfit had been. "Y-you look good too." She said, and allowed a teasing expression to form on her face. "Not sure you're within the theme, but still, good. It suits you."

It did. It was simple enough, a simple tee paired with jeans and a nice jacket (wasn't he sweltering?), nothing like those ridiculous designer t-shirts that the business administration majors had been planning to wear. It wasn't too underdressed (Aera swore she saw someone wearing a pajama set), but not too dressy--ultimately, it was perfect for Hae-Seong.

Where had all this courage come from? Maybe it was from the dress.

Maybe she had to thank Tae-Eul.

Yeah, no.

Apparently, he had picked up on her anxiety with the silence (or maybe he was feeling it too), because quiet Hae-Seong who hated interactions started the conversation. Of course, it was rather simple, only asking her about how she was and how her first week at school was, but it was a starter that she'd take. "I'm okay." She admitted honestly, and before she lost her verve, daintily plucked the half-empty beer can from his clutches. "Don't take out your pent up emotions on this poor can," Aera chided jokingly, raising said can up to her lips and taking a long sip before handing it back. "You know how first week goes. Nothing ever goes right on your first week, or your first week feels too good to be true." Aera was notorious for having the former happen to her, bad luck upon bad luck.

"What about you?" Aera asked. "Settling in okay?" She allowed the question to hang between them for a moment before realizing the warm feeling that she had had taking a sip of Hae-Seong's beer had long dissipated, and she'd definitely need something stronger to maintain her attitude and her confidence. "Do you want to get something stronger with me?" She asked, and then quickly reformatted her words so he wouldn't think that his company required a stronger drink. "The only reason why I'm here in the first place is because of the free drinks. Also, because Tae-eul dragged me, but that's another story." She huffed, shaking her head slightly at the thought of her friend.
sungwoon's party
my stupidass mouth--
coded by natasha.

Choi Hae-Seong

"I'm all yours." That phrase seemed to echo in his mind, even now. All Hae-Seong could think was, I wish. That's all it ever was. A pipedream. It was then that Hae-Seong's brain decided to quit working. Was his hearing okay? Did he just dream that Aera complimented him? Someone pinch him please, he had to know. His cheeks, which already had a slight flush from alcohol, turned a new hue of pink. He looked down at his feet, only to force himself to look back up again. Composure, Choi, don't loose it! He heard her little jab at him, saying how he wasn't within the theme. He lightly shrugged, his bottom lip jutting out slightly as he did so. "Ahhh really? I had considered wearing my gold sequence suit, with matching hat might I add, but I thought that would be a little much," He shot back with a smirk slowly making it's way onto his face. Humor was the best defense. It was a great way to ignore feelings and make everyone else smile. Just over look the fact that she had made his night, no probably his week, by such a simple statement. One that was most likely an instinctual response. Still. Aera said he looked good. Which was a bit of an ego boost, but also incredibly flustering.

Aera saying that she was okay made him nod. Hae-Seong had always appreciated her honesty. When she was doing good, she said so. When she was doing bad, she said so. Even if she was just okay, she always told it like it was. If only things were that simple for him. Then she grabbed his beer from his hand. He frowned dramatically, blinking at her as she took a drink. Her statement about how he was holding said can, made him feel awkward. Oh, she noticed. It wasn't that Hae-Seong believed he was incredibly hard to read, he hoped he looked calm. Apparently not. Well shit. He reached out and took his drink back. He looked down at the can then back up at Aera, shaking his head with a smile as he finished it off. Then the question was passed on to him.

How was he? Was he good? Was he even just okay? Probably not, but saying it out loud made it true. Then he'd have to sort through emotions and that wasn't an option. "I'm fine," Hae-Seong replied, "It's been kinda a crazy week. On top of, y'know, class stuff, we've already started practicing for our next performance. I've got a good sized solo, so I've been practicing a lot. I need it. I'm a bit rusty." He rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. He had only picked up the violin again after months. He felt like he lost some of his skill. That only made him practice more, which gave him an excuse to stay in. Hae-Seong bobbed his head quickly as Aera asked him if he wanted something else stronger to drink. It was as if she read his mind. As she rambled on about why, he continued to nod at her. "I'm hoping to die of alcohol poisoning before 12pm. So that sounds perfect." With that Hae-Seong began his way over to the kitchen once more to find something better suited for his current mood.

When he walked into the room, his eyes landed on Moon-Young. There she was. He was surprised to actually find her. He had expected her to be on the dance floor or talking to some friends like always. He didn't want to stop her from having fun. Even more surprising was that she was drinking more. Moonie wasn't really the type to drink a lot, she couldn't because of her health. So it worried him slightly to see her downing whatever it was she had. But she was an adult and could make her own choices. "Damn Moon-Youngie, you really came to party," He spoke over her shoulder as he stood behind her, his voice flat with a hint of sarcasm. It was then that he looked over at the person next to her. It took him a second to place his face, the ball cap throwing him off slightly.

When recognition finally set in, he felt as sober as he'd ever been in his life. Any good mood he had was completely squashed. Hae-Seong had given some thought to the possibility that Jae-Hyuk would be at this party. He just hoped he wouldn't have to see him. He felt the fire of anger and annoyance ignite in his chest. Hearing his name made him feel upset, but actually seeing his ex-best friend made his blood boil. Hae-Seong's face showed very clearly his soured mood. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes blazing, mouth set in a firm line as he glared over at Jae-Hyuk. Sure, it had been a year. But a year wasn't long enough. It was no where near the amount of time that Hae-Seong needed to even calm down. He hated everything about him. He single handedly ruined their friendship. He almost got them killed. And the fact that he broke Aera's heart was the cherry on top. He brought his arms to cross over his chest. This was definitely not going to end well. "If it isn't my least favorite prick Moon Jae-Hyuk. I would say nice to see you, but we both know that's not true." He deadpanned, "How's whoring around been? Try to kill any of your other friends lately?" Words dripping with toxin and venom. Did he take it too far? Maybe. Did he feel bad? Not at all. Hae-Seong could probably never make Jae-Hyuk hurt as much as he hurt him. But that didn't mean he wouldn't try.
Location: sung-woon's party | Mood: how to be a buzzkill: be Jae-Hyuk
Interaction: Aera ( thirteen thirteen ), Moonie ( Uxie Uxie ), & the Jackass ( sox sox )| Outfit: does this work?

Last edited:
sungwoon's mansion
uh oh
jaehyuk, hae-seong, ji-aera
moon-young
epsilon

"okay, egghead." she replied, with the slightest hint of a teasing tone. moon-young watched on as he prepared a second drink. for her? nah, probably for someone else he'd come with.

of course, she'd seen soju bombs, but she'd never tried one herself. moon-young loved parties, but she tried her best to stay out of the alcohol requirements. the only reason sungwoon even stayed friends with her was that she was cute, and she'd beat his ass if he didn't invite her to things. taking a seat on the counter she'd been leaning against, she watched as he dropped the shot glass in took a swig. "try it— it's really good." oh. it was for her.

"ah, i don't know if i should. y'know, my blood sugar and all. do they hit hard?" moon-young gestured to her glass with a flourish to emphasise her point, then lifted the glass to her lips to drink as well. "oh, but do you know how to do the one with the chopsticks? where it's all balanced and stuff, and you're supposed to knock it down." moon-young hopped off her makeshift seat, placing her drink down as she made for sungwoon's kitchen cabinets. rummaging through his stupidly neat cutlery drawer, she pulled out two metal sticks triumphantly.

moon-young practically bounced over to the second set he'd prepared and got to work, forming a teeny-tiny glass pyramid with the cups. it wasn't a difficult task, but she'd looked on at it proudly regardless. now it was just a matter of dropping the bomb. whatever reservations she'd had before seemed to have been tossed out of the window at the excitement of doing one herself, but she knew it was a bad idea. four shots of soju in one night? but, she supposed, she'd had her juice, and she'd drink more of that later. yeah. sure. whatever!

without any prior warning, the girl slammed her head into the counter-top. hard enough for her to need a moment to get her bearings after, but it felt good. maybe the pre-game had finally gone to her head. but the clink of the shot glass falling in was validation enough, and she cheered excitedly at her success. she promptly took a long gulp from the glass, finishing with a delighted noise. "you really can't taste the soju at all. it's good~!" another swig, followed by an 'mmm' of satisfaction. "now you do the head thing."

her arm was extended in front of jaehyuk when a voice came behind her, and she turned, beaming at her best friend. "oppa!" she greeted cheerfully, though her happiness was quickly replaced by sheepishness. "oh, thank god you got your own drink." her enthusiasm was squashed swiftly by hae-seong's immediate distaste for his ex-best friend. she'd been having so much fun she'd almost forgotten they weren't friends anymore. subconsciously, she took a step back, putting distance between her and jaehyuk. putting down the pint for her juice.

noticing a figure behind hae-seong, she peered at her, her face partially obscured by hae-seong's width and her hair. her identity was completely out of moon-young's expectations, and she paled. seriously? were they having an impromptu reunion right here? moon-young couldn't remember the last time she'd spoken more than two words to ji-aera, and she wasn't quite ready to face that interaction right now. not when hae-seong looked ready to commit murder in sungwoon's kitchen.

"try to kill any of your other friends lately?" moon-young's eyes widened, and she stared at her best friend. she could understand his anger, but that one went too far. it didn't help that all four of them were gathered here too.

"don't bring that up." she said sharply, shaking her head, "it wasn't anyone's fault."
♡coded by uxie♡

moon jaehyuk

mood panicked, anxious, and ready to bolt as soon as possible

tag Uxie Uxie A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba thirteen thirteen

outfit x
jaehyuk found himself throwing his head back in laughter when moon-young bashed her head into the counter, earning several gasps from the surrounding party-goers who were jolted from their own conversations. "now you do the head thing," she urged, to which hyuk held his hands up in mock-surrender. no way was he mimicking that power move with only three shots in his system.

before he could be pressured any further, a figure cast a dim shadow on their set-up, apparently an acquaintance of moon-young. when he turned around to greet the stranger, however, hyuk's blood froze in his veins. the one man he'd been deftly avoiding for the last year had him cornered in a kitchen surrounded by unknown faces and hostile energy. his ex-roommate hadn't changed much aside from his unexpected presence at the party. hyuk figured he wouldn't have been there had moon-young not dragged him along—after all, there was a time when no one knew haeseong better than him.

"If it isn't my least favorite prick Moon Jae-Hyuk. I would say nice to see you, but we both know that's not true."

well, he definitely still hated him. the anger radiating off his tense form was enough for hyuk to take a step back out of caution, pressing into the counter sheepishly. before he could say anything, however, haeseong continued.

"How's whoring around been? Try to kill any of your other friends lately?"

oh. oh. yeah, that one hurt. had he really been such a toxic influence in haeseong's life that he still resented him this badly a year later? the day they argued, the day of the crash... it was all still fresh in his mind, keeping him up at night when he couldn't afford to lose anymore sleep. haeseong had been in love with ji-aera, he knew that now, but how was he supposed to know back then? he'd always joked about being able to read the reticent man's mind, but it was just that at the end of the day—a joke. their disintegrated bond had left a fire ten times the size in its wake.

it was at that moment, when he felt the barriers in his mind crumbling and the tremor in his hands returning, that jaehyuk spotted the figure partially obscured behind haeseong. time seemed to slow as he took in the delicate features of park ji-aera, still beautiful and headstrong in her demeanor. the only girl who liked his more feminine characteristics. his first and last love.

"don't bring that up. it wasn't anyone's fault."

jaehyuk didn't even hear moon-young's words in his defense as his gaze locked onto ji-aera. what kind of twisted fate brought all four of them together like this, trapped in a busy kitchen with bodies blocking every exit and barely enough alcohol in his system to keep him from having an anxiety attack on the spot? he wasn't ready for this conversation, not with all three of them and especially not right there.

"you..." jaehyuk finally breathed, voice quiet enough to barely be heard over the blaring music, "you really haven't changed." he swallowed and looked at haeseong again, making eye contact despite the moisture building up in his eyes. "you're still the same heartless bastard you were back then."

well, i'm definitely getting punched now.

coded by weldherwings

park ji-aera
iota.
"Ya, if you had that suit, why didn't you wear it? I'm sure I could have gotten blinded with that type of flashiness and have a reasonable excuse to go home and sleep." Aera teased, shaking her head with him. It had always been easy to joke around with him, so their usual routine of going back to their jokes and evading harder topics should have comforted her, but it just made her uncomfortable. Were they that bad at communicating that everything had to be danced around, joked about, but never approached seriously? But that was something for her to think about once her mind had been carefully lulled with a selective choice of alcohol. For now, she was content to smile reassuringly at Hae-Seong as he described his week. "A solo? That sounds excellent. I'm sure that you will do wonderful." She praised--and it was true. If there was anything that she had confidence in, it was her friends' abilities. Well, ex-friends.

"Alcohol poisoning? Hmm, that doesn't sound so bad at all. Lead the way." She gestured with a flourish of her hand, stepping into place, trailing right behind him. What she hadn't expected was for a simple rendezvous at the fridge for some drinks to turn into a reunion that she wasn't quite sure she was prepared for.

Ji-Aera had to admit, if she had had to have a seat to this entire shenanigan, cleverly obscured behind Hae-Seong's back would have been the first place she chose. After all, it was rather broad enough to hide her dimunitive-in-comparison frame behind, and she could clearly hear whatever was going on, so perfect. Her eyes had initially widened when hearing her old best-friend's name, and got even rounder than she had originally thought it would go when she heard the name of her ex falling off of Hae-Seong's lips, strong, bitter and pent up with unresolved emotions.

Aera stepped out from where she had been cleverly concealed, her expression strangely calm. She met Moonie's eyes, her trademark small smile coming to flit across her lips before facing the two boys.

To say that she was unaffected would be a lie. Despite the distance, the raw feeling of love and affection for the three standing in front of her swelled over her, crashed into her. It was something she wasn't quite sure she'd ever be able to escape. Even now, despite the stark blankness on her features, she felt a need to catch up over their favorite cookies with Moonie, giggle until her ribs hurt with Hae-Seong and...

Jaehyuk.

How could she forget? He practically taught her how to love. It was the little things, of course, the sleepy arm draped over her waist, the countless mouthfuls he fed her, the blazing eye contact where they'd be lost in their own world that made her toes curl, her chest tightening with warmth and affection for the man who stood in front of her now. He was also the man who had left her to slump back on the hospital bed, silent tears slipping down her battered face. He hadn't brushed them away. The nurse, who had quietly noticed before, did.

But there was no time for her to relive moments that she wasn't ready to handle. There was a bigger crisis at hand. With a careful and deliberate step, Aera stepped between the two upset boys, her voice stable as she attempted to pacify them. "Both of you need to calm down." She raised her hands, placating. "This is not the time, nor is it the place." Aera said simply, crossing her arms and rolling her shoulders back in the way her father had taught her when dealing with a difficult customer. "It's clear to me that this unresolved tension needs to be worked out, but it should not be done here, and most definitely not done in this manner. You, stop being so aggressive," She said, raising a very pointed eyebrow at Hae-Seong, before glancing back at Jaehyuk and adding, "And you, stop baiting him. We're all adults here, and we can have a normal conversation with one another." She said diplomatically. Her head swiveled to look at other girl caught in the middle of the entire mess. "Hi, Moon-Young. It's been a while. Hope you're doing well." She said, internally wincing at calling the girl by her name.
sungwoon's party
diplomacy sucks.
coded by natasha.

Choi Hae-Seong

Of course Hae-Seong heard Moon-Young when she said that he shouldn't have said that. Of course he knew that it wasn't exactly entirely Hyuk's fault. But he didn't care. He had been the one behind the wheel. He had been the one who was distracted. Why was he distracted? Because Hyuk was the one who confronted Hae-Seong. He had been the one to go behind his back and, not just break, but crush his heart. He knew. Hae-Seong had told him, and only him, about his feelings for Aera. He trusted him with his emotions, the vulnerable side of him that no one else saw. He would have trusted him with his life. He really shouldn't have. That was the only thing he blamed himself for.

Hae-Seong knew Jae-Hyuk. It had been a while since he could say he knew him better than anyone else, though he could tell the younger man hadn't changed. The way he stepped back, obviously trying to avoid any confrontation, that was exactly what he wanted. He was the same coward he always was. The same coward who unceremoniously dumbed Ji-Aera the next day, while still in the hospital. His eyes glistened, obvious hurt showed in his gaze. Good. He deserved it.

Then the unexpected happened. He spoke. Did he actually have the audacity to call him a heartless bastard? Really. Moon Jae-Hyuk out of all people calling him heartless. Hae-Seong's jaw clenched, the muscle in his cheek popping in frustration. Eyes level with his, burning holes into his face. How dare he? If anyone here was a heartless bastard, he'd take the cake. Every single slice. How many times had Hae-Seong come back to their apartment to find Aera and Hyuk sucking face in the middle of the living room? How many times had he listened to him gush over how much he loved her? Or worst yet, Hae-Seong vividly remembered the night he came back, expression of complete bliss, as he told him that Aera said "I love you" for the very first time. Ever single day was an excruciating blow, like digging the blade deeper into his back. The man had absolutely no right to call him such things.

Hae-Seong was never violent. Ever. Even in arguments he kept himself contained. Her prided himself in his patience. It was probably his only good quality. But right now, all he wanted to do was bash his idiotic face in. He couldn't believe he had ever considered him his best friend. As he took one menacingly step forward, his fist clenched at his sides, something stopped him. Standing between him and the backstabber himself was none other than Ji-Aera. Hae-Seong blinked at her. A conversation? Between them? Oh that was rich. He held back a laugh. That was the last thing he wanted to do. It was kind of funny. Not it the joking way, but in the painfully ironic sense of the word. Aera still fought his battles for him.

She was right, he couldn't deny that. This was not the place for anything to happen. Her statement of "were adults we can have a normal conversation" crossed the line. He laughed dryly, lacking any sense of humor at all, before taking a step back and retaining his crossed arm stance. He looked Jae-Hyuk dead in the eyes. "If you think I ever want to speak to this backstabbing piece of shit again, you're kidding yourself," He spat. And he was done. He didn't want to be at this party in the first place. He didn't want to be anywhere near anyone right now. He felt like screaming, like punching the wall, like locking himself for the rest of eternity in his room. Most of all, though, he wanted to cry. He was angry, sure, but he was first and foremost hurt, almost beyond repair. The fact he used to love Jae-Hyuk like his own family made Hae-Seong's heart shatter. That their friendship had meant nothing to him. Someone like that wasn't scum he wanted to even look at. He looked to Aera, then to Moonie. He shook his head and rolled his eyes. With that, he turned to leave.

Well he tried. That was his plan until someone blocked off the kitchen door, yelling into the room that they all had to play some game. Oh, yeah, that was exactly what he needed. Some middle school drinking game that would end in absolute chaos. And to play with the people he felt most uncomfortable with? Even better. He found himself wondering, once again, what he had gotten himself into.
Location: sung-woon's party | Mood: I'm not a violent person...however...
Interaction: Aera ( thirteen thirteen ), Moonie ( Uxie Uxie ), & the Jackass ( sox sox )| Outfit: does this work?

moon jaehyuk

mood disturbed, but determined to get over it

outfit x
"we're all adults here, and we can have a normal conversation with one another."

jaehyuk mentally scoffed at that statement. as much as he'd like to salvage their dismembered relationship, they most definitely were not capable of having a normal conversation with each other when haeseong looked like he wanted to run him through a food processor. he respected ji-aera's drive to settle this peacefully, however. she'd always been an excellent mediator when any of them were at odds with each other. though he felt this situation might be a bit too far gone, perhaps she could soften the heat just ever so much.

"If you think I ever want to speak to this backstabbing piece of shit again, you're kidding yourself."

well, so much for that.

before haeseong could make his dramatic departure from the scene, however, joonyoung's wide frame impeded him, announcing that everyone would be required to play hotseat. jaehyuk rolled his eyes, knowing full well how disastrous this would be, but he decided right then and there that he wouldn't let this ruin his night. he had been looking forward to catching up with his friends all week, getting all his homework done in advance so he could party with no reservations.

like hell if he was letting haeseong's disturbingly foul demeanor make him feel the same way he used to for months on end.

junior year had been hellish on every level. he'd lost his entire friend group, including his lover and best friend, while living doused in guilt over having almost gotten them killed. he didn't blame them for hating him; he'd been careless and irresponsible when they trusted him to be a stable rock in their group. for that, he'd gone to therapy and reflected on himself for months, wondering what exactly was and wasn't his fault, what could and couldn't have been avoided.

he refused, however, to be labelled a "backstabber" by the man he'd have given a limb for at one point in time. he'd never once lied to them, never once talked negatively about them behind their backs, never once cheated them out of what they deserved, and never once wished ill will upon them. whatever accusations haeseong had hurled at him that day, whatever misconceptions moon-young had been fed—jaehyuk's biggest regret had always been not addressing them on the spot.

before he could be forcefully dragged out, the tense student chugged the pint in his cup and pushed past his former friends, all of whom seemed plenty buddy-buddy without him. was life better without him? did they celebrate his absence from the group? could they sleep better at night knowing he wouldn't be greeting them the next morning? if that was the case...

good riddance. i don't deserve that.

"my man!" joonyoung exclaimed, draping his arm around jaehyuk's shoulders as he wiped the beer off his lips. "get your ass over there or i'm throwing you in the pool." another friend of his, kim yoojin, casually linked their arms, sending him an encouraging smile at the distressed energy he was giving off. her warm eyes were filled with concern, asking a nonverbal question of 'do we need to make an escape?' however, he just flashed her a tight smile in return and headed towards the spacious living room where two large sectionals were already being occupied by party-goers. rather than try and make any further conversation, hyuk planted himself firmly between joonyoung and yoojin, faking laughs and smiles until everyone settled in and was ready to play.

coded by weldherwings

Last edited:
sungwoon's mansion
f is for friends-
jaehyuk, hae-seong, ji-aera
moon-young
epsilon

aera's eloquence was something moon-young had always admired. just a few words and both of them had shut up, and she got the chance to exchange pleasantries. "you too." she responded, almost painfully politely, "you look pretty." it was glaringly obvious to her how much they'd drifted, but moon-young was glad to see she looked better, at least.

hae-seong cut through the silence with one last scathing insult in his former friend's direction. "if you think i ever want to speak to this backstabbing piece of shit again, you're kidding yourself." as if he was a cartoon villain, he turned dramatically to leave, and moon-young reached out, grabbing his sleeve gently to stop him. the artist was assisted by joonyoung, who quite literally appeared at the doorway and announced that they'd all have to play hot seat together. cool, great! she loved hot seat, especially in a super tense situation like this.

there was just a brief moment of respite from their bickering that was almost ironically peaceful, and just as moon-young opened her mouth to say something, jaehyuk downed the last of his drink and pushed past them uncourteously without even a glance back, joining his friends at the door. it seemed he was plenty fine without them, a sight that almost hurt her with how their first interaction today had gone. moon-young snuck a glance at her best friend, then aera, and blew out a defeated sigh. maybe a game would be able to lighten this horribly suffocating mood. she'd just have to stay optimistic. she did have great questions for hot seat, after all!

"alright, deep breaths, no more anger. don't be upset, abeoji, it's bad for your health." moon-young tried to keep her tone light as she adjusted her grip, her fingers now firmly entwined around hae-seong's wrist, "now let's go play a fun game before we get kicked out of the party. sorry, aera." with that, she dragged him out of the room past the other girl, her iron grip giving him no chance whatsoever to slip away and sulk in his favourite corner. moon-young's offhand apology had come as an afterthought when she was speaking, but she wasn't quite sure what she was apologising for. maybe she'd be better off not dwelling on it.

it was an effort not to look at jaehyuk at all as they approached the already forming circle, and moon-young instead focused all her attention on finding hyejung. score! the girl was several people away from jaehyuk, and she raced over, hae-seong in tow and greeting her excitedly. the other girl gave a similar response, though her expression changed slightly as she noticed her former roommate's buddy, shooting moon-young a Look. it took her a second or two of returning her gaze with sheer bewilderment before she remembered her earlier promise.

"ah, oppa! this was my roommate, hyejung! she's been really great to me, and she's... really pretty, don't you think?" moon-young beamed at him before plopping down next to hyejung, pulling him down next to her. "anyways, do you know why we're playing this?" hyejung shrugged nonchalantly and gestured with a light tip of her chin towards joonyoung on their right.

"probably just him messing around." her face fell as she spotted jaehyuk once more, avoiding eye contact entirely and pretending like she hadn't even seen he was sitting there. she was thankful hyejung had chosen to sit here, so they'd spend most of the time not having to look at him. hopefully hae-seong could also practice selective sight, though it seemed hyejung would be distraction enough. "so... hae-seong-oppa? what do you major in?" she was leaned towards her roommate and eyeing the poor musician suggestively, and moon-young let out a soft giggle at her forwardness. she was almost worried her best friend would lash out, but he seemed to be stewing than fuming now, at least.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
park ji-aera
iota.
Ah. Hot Seat. Quite convenient, considering tensions had just rolled to a simmering point between the two boys. Based on the way that Jaehyuk seemed to rush to his friends' side, away from their little group, he felt the same way. She watched him go with a blank expression, but the tinge of bitterness was thick on her tongue, and quite hard to swallow. She knew that each of them had moved onto their own paths, but she hadn't anticipated that the visual representation of her being replaced would be so tangible, so close. She heard a quiet sigh from Moon-Young, apparently nonverbally echoing the same sentiment, but it wasn't long before those two rushed past her as well. Moon-Young did have the courtesy to mumble out an apology, but for what? For leaving her alone? That was what always happened anyways, so what was the point in apologizing for something that was a cycle, an inevitable fact of their...friendship?

Well, not quite. She couldn't mark them down for friendship anymore. She'd just bubble 'it's complicated'.

Left alone in the kitchen, Aera drew in a long breath, her fingers automatically coming up to massage the bridge of her nose. The headache hadn't made its appearance known yet, but she'd do what she could to prevent it.

After a minute of her hastily massaging her temples with her eyes closed, Ji-Aera stretched, hoping that the calm that settled over her would be enough to hold for the rest of the night. She opened the fridge, continuing her earlier mission to secure a drink. Right as her fingers wrapped around the neck of a bottle that looked quite promising, Aera heard her name being hissed. She jolted violently, quite startled, managing to grab the bottle right before it fell to its demise. She whirled around, eyebrow raised at the offender. Had it been anyone other than Tae-Eul, she probably would have barked out something nasty.

"What the hell? You scared me." Aera asked, heaving a sigh in relief. Her hands automatically fiddled with the cork of the wine bottle, managing to pry it open just enough with her fingernails.

"Are you deaf? We need to go out and play." Tae-Eul didn't seem to be in the mood for her dramatics, considering the second Aera opened her mouth to argue, she was met with a pointed stare.

"Fine." Aera conceded for the third time that evening, allowing her friend to loop their arms and guide her to the big circle. Though she hadn't meant to, her eyes immediately found her ex-friends, Jaehyuk comfortably sandwiched with his new friends, and Hae-Seong and Moon-Young sitting together, the girl next to them looking like she wanted to eat Hae-Seong for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They had all settled in, comfortable in their new walks of life--which meant that Aera was the last to catch up, as usual.

Don't you see, Aera? They've moved on. You should too.

Tae-Eul must have seen where she was looking, considering she neatly steered them both into the part of the circle thick with their Economics friends. Right as she sank down, her fingernails finally latched onto a niche in the cork, and she quickly yanked the wooden stopper out. "Pre-gaming, Aera?" Sung-kyun asked her, quickly dodging the customary swat she aimed at him. "Come on, give me some!"

"Is it still calling pre-gaming if we are already in the game?" Aera wondered aloud, but relinquished the bottle to Sung-kyun's grabby hands. "This is why I don't like hanging out with the two of you." Tae-Eul grumbled, already not pleased with the way Aera was leaning heavily on her. "You two come up with stupid shit like this all the time, I can't stand it."

"That's just how we roll." Yi-Ran, another one of their classmates, grinned widely from around Tae-Eul. "She's got the right attitude. Economics, baby!" Sung-kyun pointed at Yi-Ran, a shit eating grin on his face. Aera winced at his recitation of their major chant in English, but quickly echoed the sentiment with her own half-hearted, "Economics, baby!"

"Do you ever realize that I'm no longer an Econ major? And I can't repeat our chant in good faith?" Tae-Eul huffed, delving into a mock argument with Sung-Kyun. Aera didn't participate, instead electing to sip heavily from the bottle that Sung-kwon had already half-drained, listening to how the boy seemed adamant that "Once you Econ, you can't Ecoff." (Yi-Ran found that joke so funny that she was still laughing, five minutes later. Tae-Eul was less than pleased.)

The conversation continued, leading into a nonsensical discussion of whether or not notebook colors mattered when it came to TAs (Aera adamantly said yes, she had once had a TA that refused to grade her work because he thought that she had chosen the wrong subject color), before the boy who had previously announced the game, clapped his hands. (What was his name? Joonyoung or something--?) As the last few stragglers settled down to sit in the circle, he quickly explained the rules, and they were off into the hellish opportunities that playing Hot Seat had to offer.
sungwoon's party
is about five minutes away from cursing the shit out of someone.--
Hae-Seong / A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba ; Moon - Young / Uxie Uxie ; Jaehyuk / sox sox
coded by natasha.

Choi Hae-Seong

The tug on his sleeve pulled his attention down as Hae-Seong turned to face Moon-Young. His eyes trailed from her hand up to her face. He couldn't be mad at her. No matter how angry he was at Jae-Hyuk, his face softened ever so slightly at the sight of his best friend. The frustration, though, was still very evident. That was when his ex-best friend pushed past him and moved to his new buddies. Ah, the replacements. They'd better be careful. They didn't understand the consequences of trusting the man they had under their arm. Had Hyuk ever genuinely cared? If he did, they wouldn't be here right now. I guess that answered his question.

Hae-Seong moved from throwing eye daggers at the back of Jae-Hyuk's head, back to Moonie who was trying to calm him down. At the mention of abeoji, and his theoretical health, he felt the edge of his lip twitch in an attempted smile. His eyebrows raised in response, a breath passed through his nose in a half laugh, and a look that read "really Moonie?" cast down at her. He was not in a laughing mood. Her little joke had brought him from murdery rage to a less intense simmering anger. It was an improvement. It would take a few shots, at least, to get him into a more pleasant disposition. Maybe pleasant wasn't the right word. If he knew himself at all, Hae-Seong was aware that drunk him was often way more emotional than sober him. There was a 50-50 chance he'd end up bawling his eyes out on the way home. Either that or he'd suffocate Moon-Young with hugs. Both options made him want to forget the idea of drinking.

As his best friend pulled on his wrist, he looked back at Aera. He felt his heart drop. He hadn't even thought about how she might feel right now. She was probably just as hurt, if not more, than he. Hae-Seong wanted to check on her, but Moonie's death grip on his arm commanded him to move forward. Sure, they weren't friends anymore, but he couldn't deny how much he felt for Aera. Knowing she must be upset, the sinking look of loneliness spreading across her beautiful features, made him want to run and comfort her. But was he really a comfort? Not likely. He was most likely not even a welcomed presence. Even if she had initially been smiling and had the appearance of enjoying the conversation, Hae-Seong couldn't be sure that Ji-Aera was genuine in her happiness.

Once he was in the living room, he regretted doing a brief glance around at the forming circle. His eyes landed on Jae-Hyuk's smiling face, his laugh drifting across the room. Hae-Seong swallowed hard, his face hardening into a scowl once again. Did he even feel bad? He seemed to have moved on so easily, it almost seemed impossible to be true. Out of all of them, Hyuk didn't deserve to have moved on. 'Geez, when did you become so agressive, and broody. Just ignore him. He shouldn't matter to you.' His internal monologue was interrupted and faraway stare brought to attention at the sound of his friend's voice. His eyes widened, a questioning look thrown to Moonie as he listened. His gaze pulled to the other girl with a slight nod of his head to signal a greeting. Moving to sit down, his eyes snapped over to his friend at her question. A slight look of panic set in as she asked if her roommate was pretty. He looked over at Hye-Jung, looking her features over briefly before returning his gaze to Moonie. Why? Why did she do this? He looked back and forth between them a few more times before opening his mouth. "Uh- I- um... Yeah," He stuttered with an extremely awkward and tense pasted on smile.

It wasn't that Hye-Jung was ugly. She really was good looking. Being put on the spot like that, after just being so pained and enraged, it made him even more apprehensive. Hae-Seong was not someone to flirt. Not only was he bad at it, but if it was directed at anyone other than Aera, he couldn't explain how he felt. Something akin to guilt was the best way to describe it. It wasn't like they were anything, they weren't even friends anymore. How else, though, could he explain the queaziness he was feeling? A stew pot of emotions, he hung his head, trying to dissuade any further conversation. Much to his dismay, the other girl decided to lean over and call for his attention. Oh God. Just leave me alone. This is bullying. This was absolute torture. She asked his major. He knew it was the first of many small talk questions. And her suggestively eyeing him didn't make him feel any more comfortable. "Music Composition," He responded curtly. He realized that just giving his answer could be rude. He didn't particularly want to get into an argument, he'd probably respond with more venom than necessary due to his hidden agitation. "You?" He added tentatively, his voice giving his nervousness away. Could the game start? Could this conversation end? Would he ever escape this dreadful night? Everything that could possibly go wrong, was going wrong. Call him Murphy, because nothing was going his way. Hae-Seong knew that things probably wouldn't change, that they'd just get worse and worse. Though what could possibly be worse than being reunited with the person he hated the most and the other that he loved one-sidedly. Ah, Hae-Seong. If only he knew that a single game of hot seat would be his downfall.
Interaction: Moonie ( Uxie Uxie ), & Hye-Jung| Mentioned: Aera ( thirteen thirteen ) & Hyuk ( sox sox ) |Outfit: does this work?

moon jaehyuk

mood anxious, but determined to have a good time

outfit x
while jaehyuk objectively knew it wasn't right to find humor in the discomfort etched into haeseong's face at hyejung's intimate proximity, he couldn't help the smile that threatened to emerge. far too many times had he attempted to set haeseong up with a girl in a similar manner, only to watch his efforts go to waste as his awkward roommate spam texted him for an emergency exit. it hadn't escaped him that haeseong was avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone, a key indicator that he was extremely agitated in this setting.

aside from the aggression in his demeanor...yeah, he hasn't changed one bit.

as several beers and shot glasses were passed around to every person in the circle, hyuk snagged a bottle of blackberry moonshine before it escaped his reach. he wasn't the best at taking shots, which is why he usually ended up being Designated Driver on nights out, but he was feeling more adventurous than usual that night; perhaps he felt the bruise to his ego at haeseong's aggression. perhaps he felt self-conscious with ji-aera's forlorn eyes boring into him across the room. perhaps he felt the sharp pain of a lost friendship after his conversation with moonyoung.

or maybe i just want to have a good fucking time for once.

before even waiting for the game to begin, the statistics major tossed back two shots, the warmth pooling in his stomach as joonyoung cackled maniacally. "who pissed you off today?!" he teased with a grin, but laid off once yoojin reached over to slap his arm.

"seriously, are you okay?" she asked him in a low tone. "we don't have to stay if you don't want to."

jaehyuk searched her eyes for any hints of judgment at his actions, though he found no such thing. she'd never been someone he spent loads of time with, but she'd proven to be a classmate with his best interests at heart. with a heavy sigh, hyuk tried his best to put on a convincing smile. "no, it's fine. they're making me anxious, but i'm trying to get past it."

yoojin gave him a knowing smile in return, lightly squeezing his hand reassuringly. "don't let them ruin your senior year, hyukkie. they lost you. you didn't lose them."

easier said than done.

"okay, let's get started!" joonyoung shouted into the air, silencing all conversations over the throbbing beat of the music. "i have the biggest dick, so it's only fair that i start. hm..." he didn't wait for anyone to object before deciding to pick on a friend to start the game off light. "jaehyuk!" he announced, earning an eye roll from yoojin and a murderous glare from the statistics major. his voice dropped down to a whisper as he asked, "how many people have you slept with?"

hyuk had to think about it for a second, the pressure of everyone's eyes on him making it more difficult than it should have been. aside from aera, there had been about four other girls, though for some reason people believed he was some sort of man whore. hyuk didn't really care; he was just glad joonyoung had given him an easy question.

"five," he answered confidently, avoiding eye contact with ji-aera as he glanced around the room.

"aw, i wasn't expecting that lame of an answer," joonyoung mourned, turning to face hyuk while still smiling despite his words. "gawi, bawi, bo!"

after a moment of silence, uproarious laughter erupted as hyuk stared at his hand forlornly. he hadn't expected to win; his luck had always been rather rotten. with a sheepish smile, he chuckled and rubbed his neck. "okay, okay, whatever. the question was, 'how many people have you slept with?'" he revealed, earning some more laughter and "ooh"s from the crowd.

jaehyuk scanned the crowd as he readjusted his cap on his head, eyes landing on moonyoung. was asking his former friend an invasive question a good idea? probably not. he didn't really care anymore, though, and moonyoung had been the only amicable one among them. without waiting a moment longer, hyuk strided over to where she sat and knelt down to whisper in her ear.

"have you ever thrown up at the bar?"

coded by weldherwings

sungwoon's mansion
hehehehe
jaehyuk, hae-seong
moon-young
epsilon

arguably, as his closest friend and most loyal supporter, moon-young should not have been enjoying watching hae-seong squirm as much as she did, but it made for decent comic relief after that whole hoo-hah in the kitchen. she had no doubt hyejung was thoroughly aware of hae-seong's awkwardness, but hyejung had always liked her boys a little more... shy. well, hyejung liked most boys, so moon-young was pretty sure her type just varied based on whatever boy she was talking to. her best friend's haltingly half-hearted reply— ...yOu? — made her let out a sharp laugh, one that made hyejung give her a slap on the knee. "ow! unnie, what was that for!"

"don't laugh like a witch out of nowhere!" moon-young huffed, pretending to shield hae-seong from her.

"i said i would help set you up, but you're talking to him like a tiger stalking a poor deer!" hyejung pouted and looked as if she was about to retort, but her attention was quickly stolen away by the neighbouring boy offering her a beer. it seemed he caught her eye or something, for she passed moon-young her and hae-seong's glasses without even turning away from him. moon-young rolled her eyes at her roommate's fickleness, then offered hae-seong an apologetic smile. "sorry, she goes a little hard." she did, but moon-young knew hyejung only meant well. she was just very... forward. it was charming to some guys, but she should've known hae-seong long enough to know he'd turn into a frightened kitten the moment any girl visibly made moves on him. the thought of that made her gaze drift towards aera, but she quickly glanced away before the girl caught her staring. better not wake a sleeping lion.

joon-young announced the start of the game while shamelessly boosting his ego, which earned a disgusted look from moon-young, but she was just excited to get on with it. jaehyuk was the first target, and moon-young wondered what the question was, though it clearly wasn't difficult, considering how confident his answer was. as he proceeded to play rock, paper, scissors against joon-young, moon-young leaned over to take a look at hae-seong, just to make sure he didn't seem too agitated. it was an off-hand thought, and she most definitely trusted him to have partial control over his emotions, but with how he flared up in the kitchen, you could never be too safe. she shot him a cheeky grin just to take his mind off things, then turned her attention back to the circle only to have them roaring in laughter already. had he lost?

"what's the question?" she whispered to hyejung in a low voice, to which the girl responded in kind. how many people have you slept with. huh. so it was only five? she'd have expected ten or, like, fifteen. did he mean after the break-up? she felt herself itching to glance at ji-aera again, but she was given no chance, as jaehyuk strode directly up to her. moon-young noted to herself how his lanky form and his hat offered her shade like an umbrella, though it was hardly the right thought to cross her mind at the moment.

"have you ever thrown up at the bar?" she stifled a laugh at the question, giving him a bemused look. it was a weird question, but nothing she particularly minded answering.

"no," moon-young started, then paused, rethinking her answer, "actually, yeah. but probably not for the reason you're expecting." her answer earned her a look from hyejung that said "tell me more", though it was an experience moon-young didn't particularly like to recount. mostly because it'd involved a graduated senior, and moon-young had ended up throwing up herself while holding up her hair in the bathroom. unnie had eaten something smelly for dinner, and it wasn't quite as thrilling as it was embarrassing.

"gawi, bawi, bo!"

she let out a swear at the result, earning her a laugh from her closest peers, though hyejung quickly corrected her that a loss meant she didn't have to announce the question. moon-young blinked once, twice, before realisation dawned on her. "oh, oh my god. get fucked!" her crude taunt sent parts of the crowd into another round of laughter as she sent jaehyuk back to her seat. she was just glad she didn't have to be pressured into telling the story about ji-won. moon-young was more fearful of unnie's wrath than her own embarrassment.

oh, right, the question. moon-young took a quick look-around the circle, though she quickly decided she might as well just ask ones in her closest vicinity. she wouldn't even move. "hae-seong~!" her voice came out in teasingly sing-song, ignoring the grumbling noise he made in response. she leaned in, cupping her hands around his ear as her voice switched to a hushed tone. "have you ever cheated on an exam?" moon-young was pretty sure she'd know the answer, though she was half-hoping he would take her by surprise.
♡coded by uxie♡

Choi Hae-Seong

Moon-Young's high pitched laugh rang out. His first instinct was to shoot her an annoyed look and sigh. Hae-Seong was well aware in his flirting deficit. He had gone on way too many awkward blind dates to assume it was someone else's problem. That didn't mean that his best friend had to remind him of it. Hye-Jung's quick reaction to smack Moonie in the knee got a satisfied smirk out of him. Even if he didn't appreciate the amusement Moonie was getting out of his discomfort, he was grateful to have her as a barrier between him and her crazy friend.

When she turned to him to with that look on her face, the one that said 'oops sorry', and commented that her friend went a little hard, Hae-Seong gave her a look of his own. "Yeah, I can see that," He told her in a light tone. He wasn't mad at her. She was just trying to help. Hae-Seong knew that Moonie only wanted the best for her friends. She had been by his side for a long time, so he knew that she hadn't meant to make him uncomfortable. It had given him a chance to be distracted from his angered state. He normally wasn't one to be so aggressive. His patience was something he valued. So after being thrown into an awkward conversation forced him to take a step back and calm down.

He was still annoyed, but it was better than enraged. As long as he didn't have to directly interact with Hyuk, he should be fine. He probably wouldn't have any fun, but it wasn't like he had planned to tonight. Parties were not his definition of fun. It was really just a 50-50 chance when he came to one that he'd actually enjoy himself. The odds were obviously not in his favor tonight. He grabbed the glass and bottle passed over to him and set them on the floor in front of him.

That was when he heard Joon-Young call out to begin the game, his line awarding him an eye roll from Hae-Seong. The musician sat back, both hands on the floor behind him to support himself. A more relaxed position with a rather disinterested look. He kept his neutral expression as Jae-Hyuk got called upon to be the first to be asked a question. Again, he felt his level of annoyance rise watching him stand in the center of attention. He noticed out of the corner of his eye Moonie looking over at him. Hae-Seong looked back at her with a goofy expression, crossing his eyes and frowning dramatically. He shot her a wink afterward to assure her he was fine. For now anyway.

The loud reaction from the circle of college kids brought his attention once again to the center. He heard Moon-Young and Hye-Jung's short conversation over what they had just missed. Hae-Seong wasn't exactly surprised that the rumors of Hyuk sleeping with half of the school was exaggerated. He knew his ex-roommate. Sleeping around wasn't his style before, so whether it was five or twenty, it was still a surprise to him, an off putting one at that. His thoughts once again drifted to Aera's well-being. His eyes wandered over to her spot in the circle without him even really thinking about it.

That was when Hyuk confidently strode over to Moonie, blocking his line of sight as he knelt down to whisper in her ear. His once neutral gaze shifted towards distaste being so close in proximity. He tried to keep his attention on his best friend's face as she reacted to the question. Hae-Seong noticed Hye-Jung's eager look, she wanted to know. Disappointment filled her face as Moonie won the game of rock, paper, scissors. He wanted to know as well, and he could probably get the story behind whatever she had done if he bugged her enough. He was relieved that meant that Hyuk would return to the other side of the room. He didn't know how much longer he could stomach sitting near him.

Now it was Moon-Young's turn to ask a question. He could tell before she even spoke who she would pick, though he hoped he was wrong. "Hae-Seong~!" Dammit. Why was he good at this guessing thing? His look echoed his thoughts as he let out a defeated sigh, "why me". She leaned in to whisper in his ear. Hae-Seong thought about dodging her, part in a joking manner and part serious. Her question was simple, "Have you ever cheated on an exam?"

Well... it may have been surprising to a lot of people, but he'd answer honestly, "Oh yeah, not recently but I used to do it all the time." May as well own up to it with confidence. Hae-Seong wasn't stupid, but he wasn't exactly book smart. He was in a music program for a reason. Math was a class he struggled in and between working after school and orchestra, he didn't have a lot of time to study as much as he should have. Second year he sat next to the first rank in his class and the teacher wasn't very observant, mostly because she was like 70 years old and could barely see. So he used to copy off of him all the time on his tests and the kid never noticed either.

Hands up, ready to go, they spoke in unison, "Gawi, bawi, bo!" He looked down at the results, his paper to her rock. "Hell yeah!" Hae-Seong celebrated his little victory. Though, he'd had rather lost on that question than any more embarrassing secrets he'd have to tell. He'd worry about that later. Now it was on to his turn. Who should he ask? He couldn't choose Moonie, the safe choice. He definitely did not want to get closer in proximity to Hyuk, or Hye-Jung for that matter. He briefly thought about Aera, but that also made him feel somewhat anxious. Giving up on trying, Hae-Seong just decided on whoever was next to him. He just happened to be Young-Jae, the cool kid wannabe.

Not drunk enough to ask anything too scandalous, he chose an easier question as he shifted in his spot to face the other guy. "Youg-Jae," He leaned closer to whisper, "Out of anyone in this room, who would you switch bodies with?"

He watched the younger student think for a moment. He wasn't sure if the delay was because he was having a hard time deciding or if his drunk brain was still trying to process the question. "Uhhh, Oh, Sung-Woon. Why? Two words, Lee Nari," Young-Jae shot a wink towards the girl across the circle. Hae-Seong wondered how bad this kid wanted to get beat up. Oh well, that wasn't his problem.

"Gawi, bawi, bo!"

"Shit!" A satisfied smirk crossed his face as he was two for two baby. He returned to leaning back on his hands as he waited for him to fess up to the question asked. "The question was who I would switch bodies with," He explained.

Without missing a beat, Tae-Eul, Ji-Aera's friend, spoke up. "From what I heard, she'd probably be pretty disappointed with your performance," She called from across the room, sending the group into a roar of laughter as Young-Jae pouted in his seat.

"Just for that, Tae-Eul, I'm coming for you bitch," Young-Jae shot back as he moved to get up from his spot to move and ask the next question in the game. Hae-Seong watched with a bit of amusement. Okay, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe that was false hope.
Interaction: Moonie ( Uxie Uxie ), & Hye-Jung| Mentioned: Aera ( thirteen thirteen ) & Hyuk ( sox sox ) |Outfit: does this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back