• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern sits cs

boyguro

Заводной апельсин

-

SIGN-UP SHEET

read the rules before signing up ugly
name
sexuality
religion
role

hair
eyes
height
body type

if you were given the choice to be born with a specific race & sexuality, which would you choose, and why?
do you believe in the lord?
do you think you're going to hell or heaven?
why or why don't you go to church?
what's your opinion on same-sex dating?
are people born evil?
what's your best virtue and worst vice?
are we completely light or completely dark?
your best friend becomes posessed and commits a murder, they insist they're innocent and plead for your help, what do you do?
what do you think of graymoor?
can your sins be forgiven?

backstory
family
theme song
misc

code by pasta

Last edited:
mHbXVHh.png
mHbXVHh.png

jocelyn garon

cigarette ash like wildfire
burning holes in the nighttime
open scars cut like barbed wire
white lies flying high like a ceasefire
mHbXVHh.png

NAME: jocelyn garon haley
NICKNAMES: jocey
ORIENTATION: panromantic pansexual
RELIGION: atheism
ROLE: griffin/sheriff's daughter

HEIGHT: 5'5"
WEIGHT: 123 lb.
HAIR: dark onyx black; short bob
EYES: light powder blue; hooded eyes; heavy eyeliner; long lashes
BODY TYPE: ectomorph

IF YOU WERE GIVEN THE CHOICE TO BE BORN WITH A SPECIFIC RACE & SEXUALITY, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY? how silly. you're joking, right?
DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE LORD? no, of course not.
DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO HELL OR HEAVEN? neither.
WHY DON'T YOU GO TO CHURCH? i do not believe in church's beliefs.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON SAME-SEX DATING? somebody's orientation does not affect my life. i will continue to support whoever is facing persecution and discrimination for their sexuality till the day i die and so forth.
ARE PEOPLE BORN EVIL? everybody has a sliver of evil when they are born; it is simply their choice to let it grow or not.
BEST VIRTUE & WORST VICE: i must confess, i have very little virtues, but i think my best is my ambition. i strive to be the best, and only the best. my vices, on the otherhand.. my worst vice must be my tendency of stupid decisions, so my rashness.
ARE WE COMPLETELY LIGHT OR DARK? i think everybody is more grey or silver than black or white.
YOUR BEST FRIEND BECOMES POSSESSED AND COMMITS A MURDER. THEY INSIST THEY'RE INNOCENT AND PLEAD FOR YOUR HELP, WHAT DO YOU DO? i would help them with whatever they need. i regard the title of "best friend" quite seriously, and i trust anybody who ever managed to attain that title quite dearly.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GRAYMOOR? i loathe it with a burning passion. i only choose to stay because i love my father, the sheriff. without him, i would have abandoned this neighborhood years ago.
CAN YOUR SINS BE FORGIVEN? i do not think my sins can be forgiven by anybody but myself. and if that is the case, then perhaps yes. in the present, no, but perhaps in the future, i will forgive them. the sins i committed were a mistake, but that does not justify them.

FAMILY: weston haley [FATHER]; alyss smith [MOTHER]
mHbXVHh.png

Weston Haley is a kind man. He deserves more than what he has, more than Graymoor, more than a used-to-be wife who used to tell him she loved him but now could care less about what happens to him, more than a broken mess of a daughter.

Jocelyn was four when she fell while learning to ride a bike and had an angry, aching bruise on her knee for two weeks, six when she broke her left arm, twelve when she dislocated her right knee, and sixteen when she caught her father smoking.

Jocelyn has no love for Graymoor. They whisper about her and her father when her back is turned, just like ghosts, which proves her theory that Graymoor is just a graveyard disguised as a town. They talk about how the Haley family isn't rich by any means other than sins. They talk about how Jocelyn doesn't believe in God because even He has turned His back on her. (They do not know that Weston does not believe in God either.) Some say that Jocelyn was born from her mother's affair, which is why Weston has no love for his so-called "daughter." Some say that she was adopted, which (actually) isn't the worst rumor. And some say that she was a demon in disguise, created to be Weston's burden.

Jocelyn does not choose to deny these rumors.

Last edited:
[class=taboutside]height: 30px; width: 90px; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; font-size: 0.60em[/class] [class=tabs]height: 18px; width: 59px; font-weight: 700; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; color: white; font-size: 1em; border: 1px solid white; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; text-align: center; transition: 0.45s;[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]border: 1px solid #f1f1f1; background: white; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px black; letter-spacing: 1.5px[/class] [script class=tabs on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} home) (show tabsContenthome) if (eq ${currentTab} requisite) (show tabsContentrequis) if (eq ${currentTab} persona) (show tabsContentperson) if (eq ${currentTab} history) (show tabsContenthistor) [/script]
[div class=taboutside style=width:100px;margin-top:65px;margin-left:-10px;][div class=tabs]home

[div class=tabs]requisite

[div class=tabs]persona[/div]

[div class=tabs]history[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContenthome" ]
REN SAWYER ♱
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrequis" style=display:none]
the requisite
full name
Cordelia "Ren" Belle Sawyer
Religion
"Christian"
sexual orient
Unknown
ROLE
Basilisk
basilisk/ˈbazɪlɪsk/:
noun
1. A mythical lizardlike monster with supposedly fatal breath and glance, fabled to have been hatched by a serpent from a cock's egg.
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContentperson" style=display:none]
no sleep for the wicked.
appearance
Hair
Natural redhead, long, straw-like texture
Eyes
Bright green, narrow, almond-shaped
Height
Five foot six
Body type
Tall & slim, gangly
in-depth
If you were given the choice to be born with a specific race & sexuality, which would you choose, and why?
"I wouldn't change a thing.The lord made me just the way he wanted me to be."

Do you believe in the Lord?
"You dare use His name in vain?"

Do you think you're going to Hell or Heaven?
"I should hope home of angels. Though of course, you never know... even Lucifer fell."

Why or why don't you go to Church?
"You speak as if the latter is an option. I pay my graditute to our maker as one should every day both in His home and my own."

What's your opinion on same-sex dating?
"Filthy, all of them. It's embarassing and shameful to think anyone would succumb so far into the grips of wicked to avert their own nature given to them by the very lord they defy. Sodomites and all their abdominal followers are disgusting."

Are people born evil?
"I believe some people are just born with the devil in their hearts, and its those blasphemous transgessors that suck the faith and light out of us who follow the Lord and his path into heaven, but Jesus is kind and He may forgive if you're willing to purify your soul of corruption."

Who has the right to define what's evil and what isn't?
"Me- I mean, the Lord, of course."

What's your best virtue and worst vice?
"Temperance, diligence, humility, oh wait, just one? Kindness, obviously. Vices? I don't know, you tell me."

Are we completely light or completely dark?
"Well, we all cast shadows, don't we?"

Your best friend becomes possessed and commits a murder, they insist they're innocent and plead for your help, what do you do?
"The devils captured their soul. That's for the church to take care of now."

What do you think of Graymoor?
"I didn't know there was anything to think on. I'm in the holiest town on the planet, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Can your sins be forgiven?
"There's nothing to pardon. And even if there were.. who's counting?"

dd
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContenthistor" style=display:none]
your eyes are the windows. . .
HISTORY
Cordelia Belle Sawyer was born an only child on the 3rd of January to the wealthy Mayor Gideon Sawyer and his wife Tabitha in our holy little town of Graymoor, Mississippi. Baptized and brought up on Sunday school, the Bible and the Church, Cordelia was raised in the loving faith of the Lord and Jesus Christ with the firm belief that any who dared defy that, was a sinner, and there was no greater punishment than going to Hell.

Ren, as her mother would refer to her, was certainly no underdog. She lived a childhood of luxury and lavish, anything she wanted, Daddy would get for her, and God have mercy on your soul if you ever said "no" to her, that sweet toothy grin fooled many, but behind it was always a greedy and vile wretchedness that nobody could tame. Shoulders back, chin up, smile wide. Reputation, routine and religion were the only things that mattered in the Sawyer household. Understandably, as the Town Mayor, one has a responsibility to uphold a respectable image to the public, but good wasn't enough for Gideon, and as far as his town citizens should know, his life was picture-perfect.

As one says, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Ren learned to speak with a silver tongue and exploit her pathological lying ways to get whatever she wanted whenever she needed it, and to push the blame of her own doings on those she chose to torment. Dead animals, stolen posessions, damaged public property, who would ever suspect such an innocent girl of such things? It must've been those negros and sodomites that pollute this town, have them expelled! Arrested! Banished! Graymoor won't have this sin!

Some would say she was cruel. She preferred to think of it as doing God's work for him.

If one were to sit down and retell all of Ren's tales of torture, there might not come a day that the storytelling ends. However, out of all her hidden sins and wrongdoings, there is one that if Hell exists, will certainly doom her for the rest of eternity down in Satan's throne.

Though the Mayor prided himself in his talents in secret-keeping, both from his family and his town, and holding his smile up with two hooks on either sides of his face, there was one that just managed to slip away from him. Shortly after Ren turned thirteen, she was approached by a.. dark-skinned at her birthday party, a face she didn't recognize but looked to be about her age, maybe a little older. "Hey, can we talk?" he'd asked her, a hand touching her shoulder and a kind smile. She nodded and grinned and chirped "Sure!" in an overly-friendly tone. He led her out of the garden and behind a bush near the street where he looked down at her excitedly as if he were about to tell her the greatest news in the world.

What met Ren's ears next were nothing but the opposite. As history would have it, shortly before her parents wedding, Gideon had had an affair with a dark-skinned woman, who had later become pregnant with the boy who stood before her, going by the name Ignacio. Were it not for his position in the social hierarchy and the blackmail he'd threatened her with, she'd have exposed him to the public, but as a now single mother fearing the safety of her baby, she kept quiet. Fifteen years later, seeking justice for his mother, Ignacio poured the truth out to his half-sister, in hopes of taking her away from her wretched family, and inviting her into theirs.

As Ignacio's eyes lit up with happiness to Ren's gleeful nodding and smiling, she gritted her teeth and hid her hands behind her back, digging her fingernails into her palm until she was drawing blood. "That's a wonderful idea, Ignacio. I'm so happy to know I'm not an only child," she'd told him. "I'll go get my things. Will you wait back home for me?"

As Ren walked her way back into her garden, she knew what she had to do. She began shedding tears and hopelessly, pathetically running to her father, screaming "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy, he touched me! Help! Help me!". The crowd turned to see a weeping girl running away from an older-looking, darker boy walking away from the house and onto the street.

He was found hung the next day.

No words were spoken. Gideon knew what she had done, and through one look they knew never to bring it up again, whilst Tabitha stirred their afternoon tea just before their daily prayers.

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned.

FAMILY
Gideon Sawyer ; Father ; Alive
Tabitha Sawyer ; Mother ; Alive
Ignacio Murphy ; Half-brother ; Deceased ; Lynched
. . . to your soul
[/div][/div] [/div][/div]

[class=taboutside]height: 30px; width: 90px; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; font-size: 0.60em[/class] [class=tabs]height: 18px; width: 59px; font-weight: 700; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; color: white; font-size: 1em; border: 1px solid white; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; text-align: center; transition: 0.45s;[/class] [class name=tabs state=hover]border: 1px solid #f1f1f1; background: white; font-weight: 700; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px black; letter-spacing: 1.5px[/class] [script class=tabs on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} home) (show tabsContenthome) if (eq ${currentTab} requisite) (show tabsContentrequis) if (eq ${currentTab} persona) (show tabsContentperson) if (eq ${currentTab} history) (show tabsContenthistor) [/script]
[div class=taboutside style=width:100px;margin-top:65px;margin-left:-10px;][div class=tabs]home

[div class=tabs]history[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContenthome" ]
SEAMUS WINSLOW♙
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrequis" style=display:none]
the requisite
full name
Seamus (shay-muss) Jeremiah Winslow
Religion
Agnostic
sexual orient
Heterosexual
ROLE
Witch (Light)
witch \ˈwich\:
noun
One that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar.
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContentperson" style=display:none]
no sleep for the wicked.
appearance
Hair
Dusty blonde
Eyes
Blue
Height
6'4
Body type
Tall and skinny
in-depth
If you were given the choice to be born with a specific race & sexuality, which would you choose, and why?
"Um... I don't really know what my answer would be implying..."

"Y-yeah."

"Uhh... Heaven?"

"I do, and it's not really like you have much of a choice in this town. Well of course you have a choice but, uhh, you know what I mean."

"I'm not against it, but I don't think it should be something you put out in public. I mean, fuck, not because it's gross or whatever I just think it's attracting unnecessary bad attention, at least in Graymoor."

Are people born evil?
"I don't think so, I mean, they could, but, uh, fuck, I don't know. I don't like these questions."

"God, I guess?"

"I'm kinda.. nice.. I think. For vice, uhh... I don't know, I'm really indecisive. Ask my brother."

"... Both? Like that circle thing, with the black and white- yeah, you know what, nevermind."

Your best friend becomes possessed and commits a murder, they insist they're innocent and plead for your help, what do you do?
"There's not much I could do except, pray maybe? Would that be contradictory? Is this a test? I'm uncomfortable."

"It's ok. I think I'd like to move somewhere else but I don't know, I've never been outside of here, it might be kinda scary. Whatever my brother wants, I suppose."

"Err.. I like to believe I live a pretty holy life so, yeah, hopefully."

dd
[/div][/div] [div class=content][div class="tabsContent tabsContenthistor" style=display:none]
HISTORY
The Winslow twins, Seamus and Sydney, or as the nickname he would later acquire, "Syd", were born into an old-fashioned, reserved household to Lonnie and Clara Winslow, a married couple living in the outskirts near the farmstead, untrusting and judgemental of the suburbs that had been recently constructed and added to the "once traditional town", as Lonnie would refer to it. That was a word that was thrown around during dinner table conversations and mornings before school, how straight marriage was traditional and women working wasn't traditional, and any other form of discrimination that their father could get away with by excusing it as common practice.

Despite being twins and physically similiar, Seamus and Syd could not have been farther from the opposite of one another. Extroverted, loud-mouthed and untameable, Syd was a wild and free spirit, whilst his older brother lurked in hidden corners, dragging his feet along the pavement and picking at worms on the playground. It was clear from the start who had the most social competence, and who Dad's favorite kid was. Constantly getting praise from the man of the house, Syd thrived to impress his father and followed through all the expectations he had placed upon him. He got into sports, he took charge, he told anyone and everyone off from a young age and harassed those weaker than him.

Even his own brother.

Syd's outrageous and rough behavior attracted the attention of a notorious elementary school bully and resident rich kid, Victor Darlington, they instantly hit it off and became the primary grade's most dreaded duo. Whilst they tripped people in the hallways, stole people's homework and kicked in people's lockers, Seamus quietly kept to himself and the school library, hoping he wouldn't be the next victim to his brother's horrible tricks and insults.

Through years of bullying and isolation, all up until middle school, Seamus and Syd lived in completely different worlds, barely acknowleding one another's excistence in their own home, however that changed drastically when the twins's mother began to act up and refuse to meet their fathers demands after years of verbal and mental abuse. No, she would not clean the kitchen. No, she would not wash their clothes. No, she would not tidy the house. No, she would not be a housewife. Threatening Lonnie's concept on an ideal family, he concluded that she must be clinically insane, a woman defying a man's orders, she must be crazy.

His fixed resolution then led to an illegal lobotomy, followed by the institutionalizing of their mother in a mental asylum.

After the lobotomy and institutionalization of their mother, Syd and Seamus's home life became a lot harder. They spent many nights alone as their father was gone for days on end; popping in a couple times a week to eat or sleep or pass out drunk. Over this time, the twins grew closer. Syd realized Seamus was the only real family he had and began to try to take care of his brother instead of torment him, which he felt a deep sense of guilt about. Although Seamus was weary due to their past relationship, he silently let bygones be bygones and decided that his brother could be forgiven. Their mother was gone and their father was completely unavailable, which only left the two of them to take care of each other. Syd began stealing whatever they needed. Food, drinks, and maybe a couple extra things for luxury; he described himself as more of s robin hood type, rather than a thief.

Soon enough, Lonnie Winthrow was caught by the police selling drugs off the streets by a cop passing by on his way to the station. He was charged for possession and distrubution, and he would have been thrown in jail if Syd's good friend Victor Darlington didn't beg his father to pull some strings and have is dear friend's father released from prison. Lonnie was set free, and went straight back to what he knew best: selling and using drugs. It wasn't too long before he got too high and went on a rampage and shot himself in the mouth on the recliner of his living room to soon be discovered by his children. The image of their father's body still haunts them, lingers in their minds at night, but they never talk about it.

After contacting the police, Syd and Seamus were placed in a home for boys. Thankfully they were placed in the same facility of else Syd would have broken out and found Seamus somehow. Through this whole mess they had grown inseparable. About a week after being placed in the home, they were placed under the care of their aunt Lydia; their mother's sister. She was very hesitant at first due to Syd's reckless behavior and her little knowledge of taking care of kids, but she knew her sister wouldn't want anyone else raising them. The twins had only met Lydia on a couple occasions when they were just toddlers, so warming up to her took time, but ultimately all three of them got along.

Syd and Seamus's relationship had never been stronger; they were finally making up for lost time now that Syd's mind wasn't tainted by the ideals of his father. On their first day back to school, Syd caught a glimpse of Victor Darling, and he was instantly filled with rage. Instead of seeing his friend, he saw someone who abused and harassed his brother for years. He wasn't sure if he was angry because he saw himself in Victor or his father, but seeing him left Syd confused and sad and his misplaced anger got the best of him; he walked up to his old best friend and punched him across the face. He got some good hits in, but in the end Syd beat the shit out of that kid. He was suspended for a week; the office cut him some slack do to the familial circumstances and decided not to expel him from school.

Having the reputation he did and friends to back him up, Victor blabbered his lies about how he beat Syd and he had to run away from how terrified he was of him. With the both having dirt on each other, they chose not to speak again and instead quietly glare at each other in the school hallways. All the meanwhile, Seamus didn't care for Victor or any type of "revenge", he just wanted his brother to lay his head low so they could finally live a life of peace, but with his wild personality, that of course didn't happen. The two are still closer than ever before, but many days in the Winslow house are filled with trivial arguments and fighting.
. . . to your soul

ROSEMARY BURTON
the requisite
full name
Rosemary Absinthe Burton
Religion
Christian
sexual orient
Homosexual
role
Lamia
lamia / ˈleɪmɪə
noun
1. A monster supposed to have the body of a woman, and to prey on human beings and suck the blood of children.
no sleep for the wicked.
appearance
Hair
Light blonde
Eyes
Baby blue
Height
Five foot
Body type
Petite
in-depth
"White and heterosexual."

"Yes."

"Heaven."

"I do. It makes me feel happy."

"I like girls."

Are people born evil?
"No."

"God."

"I make pretty clothes. But I get hungry easily."

"Inbetween."

"Beg for forgiveness."

"It is quite comfy."

"What am I praying for?"

dd
HISTORY
A few short minutes before sweet little Rosemary, came Clarice. Born to Belladonna and Christopher Burton, a classic housewife and a farmer, the light-haired twins shared a childhood of chasing baby goats and playing hide and seek near the fields where they lived in a rusty, typical white trash trailer with their overly religious mother and father.

In their early years of primary school, the two were more often than not disregarded by their peers and spend the majority of their time together, in class, during their breaks, at church. There was nothing particularly special or hair-raising about the Burton's home life or scholastic career, they did their homework, attended Sunday school, did their morning and evening prayers, helped with dinner, they fit in in Graymoor, they weren't questioned nor praised. They simply, complied.

As the twins grew a little older, it became clear that their personalities contrasted. Clarice was a daring free spirit who dragged her quieter, more reserved sister with her to her dangerous adventures like climbing tall trees and jumping into lakes they weren't allowed to go into. And so, when Clarice's body was found in the woods a week after her disappearance, the police ruled it as a freak incident, an unfortunate event, and the case was closed. "The kid must've wandered inside, gotten lost, tripped and hit her head. It's a miracle the other came out alive," the deputy told them. "I'm sorry for your loss."

What the police didn't uncover, however was that the injury on Clarice's head, although it was indeed from a rock, and although it did seem as if she had lost her footing and fallen at the wrong place in the wrong time, that night when Rosemary came home by herself, she sucked the blood off her fingernails before telling her parents she had lost her sister.

She cried herself to sleep for the first time since being a baby or scraping her knees on the school playground. Rosemary loved Clarice, she didn't want to hurt her. But she'd taken her favorite doll without asking, and Rosemary had a temper she just couldn't control. She didn't mean to kill her. But it was too late, and Rosie didn't want to get in trouble.

The next few years went by and Rosemary became exiled from her colleagues as her interest for color and fabric began to bloom. In her free time, she started designing her own clothes out of rag cloths and curtains and even offered to make pieces for others, but kids were mean, and this new hobby she had taken upon became something to target her for.

The comments, however, did not bother Rosemary. She thought her clothes were lovely, and so did her pet lizard Cupcake. It was also around this time that she discovered that boys were gross, and she had a preference for girls, she had heard of this in the Church, about homosexuality and how it was a sin to be punished for, she had seen how others were treated for this disease. But Mama and Papa had told her that they would love her no matter what. After a slap to the face and nightlong screaming, Rosemary realized that had been a lie. It was not nice to lie, and she would have gladly said that to her parents, but her face stung, and so she tucked her little secret away in her jewelery box along with every other dark thing she kept hidden.

At the age of thirteen, Rosie tragically lost her parents in a fire that started in their kitchen and burned down the entire trailer due to a stuck door from old hinges whilst she was at school, but Rosie didn't cry. She did not shed a tear. They were in a better place now, and with that, she turned on her heels and headed towards her grandparent's crikety wooden home in the fields where she resides to this day.

FAMILY

Belladonna Burton ; Mother ; Deceased (41)
Christopher Burton ; Father ; Deceased (43)
Clarice Burton ; Twin sister ; Deceased (5)
Lucinda Burton ; Grandmother ; 68
Deacon Burton ; Grandfather ; 73

. . . to your soul

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:400px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('http://oceanup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Cole-Sprouse-Wants-To-Be-Just-Like-Ryan-Gosling-When-It-Comes-To-Keeping-His-Relationship-Status-A-Mystery-feature-e1511537382494.png') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:400px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:200px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgba(93, 48, 2, 0.93); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]

[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]louis shepherd

god help the outcasts
[/div][/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]

i'll edit it and add the pics again later oof

personel:

name: louis judah shepherd.

sexuality: homosexual/vehemently in denial.

religion: christian/baptist.

role: archangel michael.

~

appearance:

hair: dark brown/black. wavy and difficult to style.

eyes: dark brown.

height: 5'10"

weight: 135 lbs.

body type: slim n' trimmed. arms and chest toned due to helping out the farmer every weekend during his early teenage years.

~

backstory:

- born to one of the wealthiest families in graymoor- which isn't saying much -louis judah shepherd was deemed to be the greatest progeny of his parents. richard and julia shepherd, both born outside of graymore to wealthy families, joined the town after the couple was kicked from their local church in jacksonville, florida. they were disliked by their community for being too conservative, too extreme, so graymore was the perfect place to settle down for this couple. after living in graymore for five years, richard soon became the head pastor for the only standing church in town. everyone loved his charm, his appearance, his voice, his wealth. only two short years later the two had a child. born on april 24th, louis was accepted into the small community with open arms.

louis lived his entire life in graymoor. the moment he was able to walk, the boy was placed on the pews of the church and memorized the majority of the books offered in scripture. his parents were very strict in him learning the ways of their religion- their whole life centered around the bible. everything they did, they checked the book to make sure it didn't go against their omnicient leader. louis was obviously influenced by this conservative life- his younger years were consumed by christianity. every bad thought he had as a teenager was pushed away in the corner of his mind. if he didn't have bad thoughts, then he wouldn't go to hell. he had to be the perfect pastors boy. the words his mother repeated every dinner and breakfast still ring in his head- hell is real, hell is real, hell is real.

louis still had many friends at school despite the fact that they clashed with his ideology. with there being only one school in town, louis was expected to keep a high standard for his family and his father, yet there were days where a couple of classmates would claim him to be brainwashed by all of this religious jumbo. louis would laugh it off and shake his head, but later walk the two mile trek home gazing over the cornfields and mulling in hesitation. he never told his parents what the children said at school, however there would be days where his mother noticed his dubiousness and preached about the greatness of god and his divine will before forcing him to write an entire book in the bible word for word. despite all of this, louis still loved his parents. he knew that they wanted the best for him- why would any parent want to send their child to hell?

it was around sixteen that louis unintentionally began to rebel against his traditional norms. louis was never one to find interest in dating, and when he had harbored feelings for a boy his age during his final years of school, he knew he wasn't thinking right. when another student found out, they told the staff and it was reported to his parents. his family outraged, richard and julia pulled him out of school for the week and forced him to recount every verse in the bible related to these horrible acts. richard, fearing for his reputation as head pastor, kicked his son out of church for a month before louis begged for his parents acceptance again. they eventually agreed to allow him in the church once the rumors died down, and since then, louis has kept quiet and obeyed his parents.

currently, louis works at graymoor groceries in the evening and attends church almost every day of the week. there are times where he still feels uncertain about his life and his faith.

no one needs to know that, though.

~

family:

father: richard shepherd, head pastor.

mother: julia shepherd, house wife.

the rest of his heritage is unknown to him.

~

theme song:

~

misc:

- plays the cello for the tiny church orchestra.

in depth:

if you were given the choice to be born with a specific race & sexuality, which would you choose, and why?

- i'm satisfied with what the lord has given me.

- hell is real, why risk going there by rejecting the lord?

- if you allow jesus in your life and do good deeds it's a guaranteed trip to heaven. hell is certianly real, but i'm not the one going there.

- i do attend church. some believe it's not essential, but why miss the opportunity to learn from the bible?

- the answer is clear in the gospel. god created man and woman to be together, but i know there are those who give into sin. god always forgives, no matter what. god always forgives.

are people born evil?

- every person is born a sinner.

+ best virtue:

generous.

hard working.

diligent.

- worse vice:

doubtful.

indecisive.

clumsy.

- that's a question that varies greatly. sure, we are born sinners, but we are also born in the image of god. i believe that we're in between- as long as you do good and believe the right thing, you will be rewarded.

your best friend becomes posessed and commits a murder, they insist they're innocent and plead for your help, what do you do?

- the devil is real, but does that excuse their act of murder? maybe or maybe not, yet i would hesitate to help. murder is still murder, and a punishment should still be brought down.

- this town might be boring, but it's still has it's charm. what saves this place is it's traditional roots. without them we would be nothing.

- yes, but only through good deeds and christ. nothing else.

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by Fable Fable [/div]

SYDNEY ABEL WINSLOW

main_banner_0facfbd103.jpg

REQUISITE
name sydney "syd" abel winslow
age 18
gender male
sexuality bisexual
religion agnostic
role witch

APPEARANCE
hair dirty blond & buzzed
eyes bright ocean blue
height 6'2.5", but he rounds up to 6'3" when anyone asks.
body type lanky but somewhat toned & athletic

PERSONALITY
if you had the choice to be born with a specific race & sexuality, which would you choose, and why? i'm pretty chill with what i've got.
do you believe in the lord? fuck no. i believe that there's a god of sorts, but not the lord that the bible talks about. i don't think the guy who gave sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf and food to the starving would just sit by and watch us suffer. it's probably some big fucking sadist in the sky who jacks off every time we fuck up.
do you think you're going to hell or heaven? well, if we're going by christian values, satan's probably got a reserved seat with my name carved in it already set out for me. what do you think hell is like? i always imagined like, a big gay fire orgy.
why or why don't you go to church? i go to church because everyone goes to church and i like people watching. you can tell a lot about a person by the way they behave at church.
what's your opinion on same-sex dating? i couldn't care less what you stick it in.
are people born evil? you're a creature of your environment. leave a cat with a group of dogs for long enough and i bet that thing'll learn how to bark. it can be more complex than that because different people react to different settings in different ways, but i'd say the actions you're surrunded by mixed with how your brain naturally reacts to them as an individual determine if you're "evil" or not. some are born with the capacity to be evil, some aren't.
what's your best virtue and worst vice? for a virtue, i'd say i can be pretty honest. of course i'm gonna lie to save my ass in situations where police may be involved, but like, if you confront me about something or ask me a serious question i'll respond with a serious answer. as for vice, i dunno. ask my brother, i'm sure he can think of a couple.
are we completely light or completely dark? i'd say we're all some shade of grey. some may be tinted a little lighter, some shaded a little darker, but nobody is completely light or dark. although, light and dark can be subjective.
your best friend becomes posessed and commits a murder, they insist they're innocent and plead for your help, what do you do? well, seamus is my best friend, and he wouldn't hurt a fly. like, literally. he's turned our house into a nonprofit bug rescue. but if he really did come to me saying he killed someone because he got possessed by a demon or some shit, i'd get rid of the body and teach him how to lie to cops withough pissing himself. maybe google ho to perform an exorcism to; it can't be that hard.
what do you think of graymoor? it's a shithole. fucking with hicks is funny until it's been eighteen years and the joke gets old.
can your sins be forgiven? i don't really know

HISTORY
The Winslow twins, Seamus and Sydney, or as the nickname he would later acquire, "Syd", were born into an old-fashioned, reserved household to Lonnie and Clara Winslow, a married couple living in the outskirts near the farmstead, untrusting and judgemental of the suburbs that had been recently constructed and added to the "once traditional town", as Lonnie would refer to it. That was a word that was thrown around during dinner table conversations and mornings before school, how straight marriage was traditional and women working wasn't traditional, and any other form of discrimination that their father could get away with by excusing it as common practice.

Despite being twins and physically similiar, Seamus and Syd could not have been farther from the opposite of one another. Extroverted, loud-mouthed and untameable, Syd was a wild and free spirit, whilst his older brother lurked in hidden corners, dragging his feet along the pavement and picking at worms on the playground. It was clear from the start who had the most social competence, and who Dad's favorite kid was. Constantly getting praise from the man of the house, Syd thrived to impress his father and followed through all the expectations he had placed upon him. He got into sports, he took charge, he told anyone and everyone off from a young age and harassed those weaker than him.

Even his own brother.

Syd's outrageous and rough behavior attracted the attention of a notorious elementary school bully and resident rich kid, Victor Darlington, they instantly hit it off and became the primary grade's most dreaded duo. Whilst they tripped people in the hallways, stole people's homework and kicked in people's lockers, Seamus quietly kept to himself and the school library, hoping he wouldn't be the next victim to his brother's horrible tricks and insults.

Through years of bullying and isolation, all up until middle school, Seamus and Syd lived in completely different worlds, barely acknowleding one another's excistence in their own home, however that changed drastically when the twins's mother began to act up and refuse to meet their fathers demands after years of verbal and mental abuse. No, she would not clean the kitchen. No, she would not wash their clothes. No, she would not tidy the house. No, she would not be a housewife. Threatening Lonnie's concept on an ideal family, he concluded that she must be clinically insane, a woman defying a man's orders, she must be crazy.

His fixed resolution then led to an illegal lobotomy, followed by the institutionalizing of their mother in a mental asylum.

After the lobotomy and institutionalization of their mother, Syd and Seamus's home life became a lot harder. They spent many nights alone as their father was gone for days on end; popping in a couple times a week to eat or sleep or pass out drunk. Over this time, the twins grew closer. Syd realized Seamus was the only real family he had and began to try to take care of his brother instead of torment him, which he felt a deep sense of guilt about. Although Seamus was weary due to their past relationship, he silently let bygones be bygones and decided that his brother could be forgiven. Their mother was gone and their father was completely unavailable, which only left the two of them to take care of each other. Syd began stealing whatever they needed. Food, drinks, and maybe a couple extra things for luxury; he described himself as more of s robin hood type, rather than a thief.

Soon enough, Lonnie Winthrow was caught by the police selling drugs off the streets by a cop passing by on his way to the station. He was charged for possession and distrubution, and he would have been thrown in jail if Syd's good friend Victor Darlington didn't beg his father to pull some strings and have is dear friend's father released from prison. Lonnie was set free, and went straight back to what he knew best: selling and using drugs. It wasn't too long before he got too high and went on a rampage and shot himself in the mouth on the recliner of his living room to soon be discovered by his children. The image of their father's body still haunts them, lingers in their minds at night, but they never talk about it.

After contacting the police, Syd and Seamus were placed in a home for boys. Thankfully they were placed in the same facility of else Syd would have broken out and found Seamus somehow. Through this whole mess they had grown inseparable. About a week after being placed in the home, they were placed under the care of their aunt Lydia; their mother's sister. She was very hesitant at first due to Syd's reckless behavior and her little knowledge of taking care of kids, but she knew her sister wouldn't want anyone else raising them. The twins had only met Lydia on a couple occasions when they were just toddlers, so warming up to her took time, but ultimately all three of them got along.

Syd and Seamus's relationship had never been stronger; they were finally making up for lost time now that Syd's mind wasn't tainted by the ideals of his father. On their first day back to school, Syd caught a glimpse of Victor Darlington, and he was instantly filled with rage. Instead of seeing his friend, he saw someone who abused and harassed his brother for years. He wasn't sure if he was angry because he saw himself in Victor or his father, but seeing him left Syd confused and sad and his misplaced anger got the best of him; he walked up to his old best friend and punched him across the face. He got some good hits in, but in the end Syd beat the shit out of that kid. He was suspended for a week; the office cut him some slack do to the familial circumstances and decided not to expel him from school.

Having the reputation he did and friends to back him up, Victor blabbered his lies about how he beat Syd and he had to run away from how terrified he was of him. With the both having dirt on each other, they chose not to speak again and instead quietly glare at each other in the school hallways. All the meanwhile, Seamus didn't care for Victor or any type of "revenge", he just wanted his brother to lay his head low so they could finally live a life of peace, but with his wild personality, that of course didn't happen. The two are still closer than ever before, but many days in the Winslow house are filled with trivial arguments and fighting.

"ABOMINATION!"
((( scroll )))

name: wesley sutter
nicknames: wes
sexuality: heterosexual, confused
religion: athiest
role: transcendant angel

"and the sun shall rise."
TRANSCENDENT ANGEL

persona

character
+ stoic
+ reserved
+ kind
+ disciplined

- shy
- reclusive
- envious

the boy's a looker
hair: like butterscotch; a warm, rich blonde that parts evenly at his scalp and flows past his shoulders in gentle waves— not. his hair is always so unruly. unbrushed, often flat or dull from lack of care. he tucks both sides behind his ears, but will often have one side down (and chew on it, unaware) when nobody else is in the library.
eyes: grey. not like steel or a luminous aluminum, more like iron; dark, hardened and spotted with flecks of warmth that look like rust.
height: 6”2
body type: burly, toned. he natually has broad shoulders and a tapular form but wes spends much of his free time working out. it's a hobby that, conveniently, does not require speaking or listening.

q & a
he ponders for some time, a dent forming between his drawn brows. he signs a vague, dismissive response. “ ‘would’ is a waste of time.” race and sex don’t matter, he thinks, when you’re a deaf nobody, a freak who lives in the caravan park.

he purses his lips as though mulling on something sour and shakes his head. no.

frowning, again, but only for a moment. 'anywhere is better than here.'

‘work.’ an excuse, a copout.

‘I’m not gay and I’m not dating. I don’t care.’

are people born evil?
‘I don't see babies cooking meth and robbing gas stations.’ he clasps his hands together and rests them in his lap but quickly unfolds them to tack on another sentence. 'but 'bad' and 'evil' are different things.'

he shrugs again, after a moment of waiting his gaze sinks to the floor. it’s safe to assume that low self esteem is a vice?

shrug.

"possion" is bullshit. I wouldn't help someone who lies to me but I wouldn't tell."

‘it’s quiet.’ dual meaning intended. it’s a joke, maybe. hard to tell with him deadpan expression. there’s a lot going on in the town, but he won’t tell that to an outsider.

‘if people consider them 'sins' I don't want their forgiveness.’
history

biography
Wesley Sutter's birth certificate states that on the 12th of October he was home-birthed in Greenville, though his life never truly began until he was abandoned at the rusting gates of a cheerless caravan park in Graymoor.

His mother Lois, born and raised a devout Christian, had first met Wyatt Hicks when her family camped in his caravan park. They had come to Graymoor for the funeral of his brother who had been a close friend of Lois's parents. During their brief stay, Lois drank and slept with Wyatt— mostly to rebel against her overbearing parents, but also because she considered it a conventional relationship due to the grim, silent acceptance of pedophilla in her community. They wouldn't find out affair for another four months when Lois could no longer shroud her pregnancy.

Her parents were sickened. Wyatt was not only an atheist, but over twenty years her senior and a married man. The boy they had been close with in youth had now tainted their daughter. This was the ultimate insult, a disgrace. It was decided that he would not be involved, nobody would be involved and the child would be surrendered for adoption after birth. Lois was gone days later.

She hitchhiked between small, sleepy towns and would survive off minimum wage and the tips she earned in cafes. It was a strange space for contentment, but she for the first time in her life she felt it; she was free and a fugitive, all at once. Greenville was her final destination before birth, a tranquil city that was large enough for her to lay low. In her short two month stay she grew close with her employer, a tender-hearted middle aged widow who ran a bakery, and would later come to deliver Lois’s child in her very own home. Lois moved in with her and they were looking forward to a safe, stable future.

But the peace ended that blustery day, October the 12th. The boy, Wesley, would cry for hours and no song or soft-spoken voice would soothe him. The only time Lois found silence was when the boy slept, and nothing seemed to wake him through his naps; not the autumn storms or the sudden chime of a phone. She began to think something was wrong with him. He was dumb, slow, retarded. She grew paranoid, and thought this was God’s way of punishing her for her sins. Even if she’d scream for him to shut up, young Wesley would not even flinch.

She grew detached from the child so the Widow would look after him while Lois ran the bakery. The Widow found the boy to be quirky; he had a box of toys but would only play with a plastic car, not a rattle, bell or a crinkly giraffe. At five months his crying had stopped but he wouldn’t babble or speak. He was able to crawl earlier than most, and would often get lost in the family-sized house. She and his mother would call for hours but he would not come out of hiding.

At this rate, Lois was more repulsed by her son than concerned. She and the Widow took him to a doctor and it was established that he was deaf. Lois, still young and inexperienced, tried to care for his special needs but felt she was not progressing or connecting with her son. She was frustrated, regretful and blamed the child. While she grew estranged, the Widow grew closer to Wesley. She, alongside the boy, learned the basics of signing. It was only a matter of time before Lois Sutter disappeared, again.

The Widow waited. One week became one month and she was still caring for young Wesley. Now a toddler, she’d take him to work and leave him in a playpen out front during the day. The locals of Greenville would bring formula, clothes and toys for the inquisitive young boy they’d come to adore. He soon began to attend daycare where he would have proper tools and support to learn.

He’s five now. His first few years have drifted away into warm memories; the smell of fresh bread, smiling faces, yellowed leaves dwindling from the birch trees to later crunch under his small fingers. And then the Widow was gone too. She’d passed away while at work, a heart attack the cause of death. Strange men in black suits come to take Wesley away. He’s sent to a family who don’t have crisp pastries for breakfast and sign him stories by the fireplace at night. He only lives in this lonely space for a short time because his mother comes to rescue him.

It’s all a blur of blues and greys now. He spends a few days in a bleak motel room with his mother, and for the first time he truly experiences silence. It’s tense, he’s sad, he’s crying again. She puts him in the passenger seat of her Ford and they go for a ride. It’s like going to kindy to see his friends again, it feels normal. Wes is happy.

They drive for some eight hours, only stopping at gas stations for food and toilet breaks. The birch trees and rolling plains turn into desert with the further they go. It’s like an adventure, so when they stop at a strange, rustic set of gates reading ‘GRAYMOOR DISCOVERY PARK’ Wesley thinks it’s only a gas station toilet stop. It is not.

His mother opened the door, tugged on his arm and utters something he can’t hear. Wesley goes to search for treasure in a browning sandpit full of rusting treasures (half a swing set and a slide, but to him it’s a pirate ship on a sea of rich chocolate) while Lois approached a caravan. Wesley scans the velvet sea for giant rainbow snakes as a violent screaming match begins a few meters away.

Linda Hicks, wife of Wyatt Hicks, had overheard her husband blueing with Lois. The two women get into a catfight, Linda wrenching Lois around with a fist of blonde hair while she clobbers her with a pudgy fist. Profanities fly and so do teeth; Wyatt steps in to break the unfair match. He’d let Linda kill Lois, the woman was about to bring a world of legal trouble and stress into his life, but her son was watching.

Their son was watching.

Wesley, wide-eyed and still, stares as all the adults fall silent. Lois makes a break for her Ford and locks herself inside, hooning away seconds after. Linda continues to scream at the trail of coarse, yellowish dust she leaves behind.

But that’s not all— there’s the boy too. Wesley. A retard. Wyatt grudgingly invites him into the caravan where he’s allowed to sleep on the floor and eat their food if there’s any left after the other boys have eaten. Wyatt promises Linda to send him back to his mother, but he never lives up to his promises. So Wes lives like this for months. He sleeps on the floor, he eats last at dinner. Worse yet, Linda has five years of anger and heartbreak to take out on him.

His brothers— half brothers, they target him too. They find it funny when he cries or yelps because his voice is so strange. The kids at school notice and do the same. He’s eight the first time he’s taken into the school library. Two fifth graders are pelting stones at him because he can’t hear their giggling or anticipate when the next rock is coming. A teacher rescues Wes and takes him into the library, a place of tranquility and rules, to calm him down.

The library soon became his heaven. It was small and reeked of crumbling bibles and mothballs, but quiet. He’d spend his lunches here, alone, with the pirates and aliens and hobbits in his books. Teachers would insist he read a bible but the world in that was colorless, too real.

Chester is born when Wes is nine. He is fascinated by the infant, but only gets to go near him when Linda is out cleaning. Wes doesn’t touch him, his brothers say he’ll 'make it retarded', so he just stares.

He’s thirteen now and he feels like he’s faded into the background. His loneliness goes undisturbed and he finds comfort in the late hours he spends at the library, the big kids library, the real library, instead of at home. The kind older woman who owns the library reminds him of someone. She takes notice of the tender, purpled fingerprints on his arm and gives him a reason to stay longer. He has his first job.

As Wes grows older and reads more he comes to realize that he’s not strange, but the people in Graymoor are. He dreams of bigger things than this town, he’s beginning to find his footing. He excels in school and the bullying has slowed— not that this has anything to do with his grades, he’s just learned to push back now that he’s a good foot taller than all the other kids. Through Chester, he’s growing closer to Wade and Wyatt Junior. Things are starting to look up. Life is far from okay, but it’s comfortable.

family

» lois sutter, 36, waitress
» wyatt hicks, father, 55, caravan park owner and gambler
» linda hicks, step mother, 44, caravan park cleaner
» merle hicks, half-brother, 24, military
» wyatt junior hicks, half-brother, 20, unemployed and definitely selling drugs
» wade hicks, half-brother, 19, apprentice chef
» chester hicks, half-brother, 8

they are not likeable people. the sutters are regarded as loud, shady lowlifes with no respect for the town's rules. they drink, they curse, they don't go to church. they're outsiders. wesley doesn't even know if they are his real family. wyatt is a heavy set, angry man who is only ever seen out of his caravan park when he's at the pub. linda is like a plum; round and plush with a face that is tinted a deep, purplish maroon. all his brothers— wyatt jr, wade, chester, and the very little he has seen of merle— look nothing alike. different fathers from different towns, wes assumes. who knows how many more there are? wes finds chester to be his favorite sibling, but everyone favors chester. his innocence is refreshing and wes will do anything to protect it. he's the only person in the house who has learned to sign (as taught by wes) so the two can communicate better.

the family politics are turbulent and secretive. though wes can't talk, the frequent bruises on his arms and face speak louder than words. wyatt junior and wade are said to hunt wildlife in the forbidden woods by night. some believe merle to be dead, the military a cover act. most of this is just idle gossip, spawned in suburbia.

theme song
still lookin

misc
» he's deaf, though he can sign and read lips. very few know this as wesley's main language is shrugging and frowning
» his hobbies include weights and origami
» he works at the library and has a different book every day at school
» bit of a loner. he was bullied in school, quite severely, but people tend to leave him alone now that he's much more imposing
» feeds a cat at the library, a black stay that he has named slinky malinki (I hope y'all read these books as a kid)

code by pasta pasta

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back