Sigma

A dark grin spread in response to Leah's words. "Ah yes, Victor's gang. What pleasure do I owe his majesty?" Her words were laced with thick sarcasm, though her curiosity was indeed piqued. Elise had met the ancient a handful of times but she knew of the dark shit that went down within his abandoned theater. She made it a point not to meddle with gangs such as his. However, since her fame brought quite a lot of people to her back door, Elise knew many things about all sorts of people and creatures. Perks of being famous she supposed. Taking that into account, the vampire figured this was the reason for Leah's visit. "Excuse me, Love, but these shackles are a bit uncomfortable. If it suits your fancy, we could have this lovely chat in my dressing room," Elise suggested. She then glanced toward the other Vampire. "Perhaps alone, as well."

@RomanticDaffodil & @Abberakelaran

Leah picked up on Elise's sarcasm, and played along, her words only full of truth. "I hate him just as much as you do. The only reason I'm with him is because if I leave, his hands will be on my throat in no time. And it would probably even be his own. Could take it personally." Leah eyed Katarina. "And I would love to be alone with you. I have some things I need to address. In private. Without other people around." She turned back to Elise and gave her a warm smile, her eyes studying Elise's. Fuck she's beautiful Leah thought, looking Elise up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katarina sighed and raised her hand to her mouth, cutting the back of her hand slightly. She cast the blood down against her feet, breaking the enchantment, and suddenly moved, arriving next to Leah in little more than a heartbeat. She tilted her head and looked Leah over before saying, "I have an inclination to hear Elise sing. Have your chat, by all means." She paused for a moment and deeply inhaled before saying, "If you cause her undue trouble I will track you down, and remind you of your mortality. I have your scent now, and I can track you anywhere you should choose to go."

Kiyoko stifled a laugh when the vampire suggested that they hug and kiss. He would easily forget about this inconvienence, that wasn't a problem for him. The others he wasn't so sure, but he didn't think they would hold a grudge for something as small as this. He looked at the other waiting to see what they would do before he made a move. 'Will they fight? Or will they get along?' He thought looking over at the vampire. 'And what exactly is his motive?' He thought trying to think clearly.

@DC981 @The Angelic Kori @Creeper

Leah rolled her eyes and huffed. She was used to vampires pulling this shit. "Thank you for the threat. I'll be sure to keep it in mind when I'm talking to Elise and finishing what I need to finish. Honestly, why can't anyone just have a simple talk nowadays." She stared at Kat and her dripping had. Leah was surprised that Kat knew how to break out of the shadow holds. Most of the oafs in Victor's gang didn't even know what exactly she was capable of. She narrowed her eyes, and spit. "I'm watching you too. If you attack me, Victor will be after you in no time." Leah knew she shouldn't be handing out empty threats. Victor didn't actually care about her. But it was nice to play a vampire every once and a while.

If Elise could blush, she'd be crimson by now. Sadly her body was nothing but a living corpse thirsty for blood, most human functions were lost... most. The female watched as Kat broke Leah's enchantment with her own blood and her earlier suspicion seemed to be unknowingly answered. This 'Kat' was indeed stronger than she let on. "I'm sure Leah means me no ill will. If you two would please follow me, I'm sure we can be more civil about all of this." Elise smiled calmly as she gestured toward the theater's back entrance once more. The last thing she needed was more bloodshed here. "Kat, I'm sure I can arrange a tour of sorts for you until the performance begins. Only if you have the time to spare, of course." She analyzed the two with a steady yet authoritative gaze, her patience running thin.

@RomanticDaffodil & @Abberakelaran

Katarina smiled oddly, looking at Elise before saying, "If you say so I must believe you, but she invoked a name, and now politics take their moment." She turned back to Leah saying, "You are welcome to your simple talk. However most simple talks do not begin with someone eavesdropping from the shadows and then attempting to bind people in place. I would rather like to see a show tonight and I cannot have you harming the star. As to Victor, he knows better. Unless you are very important to him he is not going to contest my claim of protection. He knows better than that, and as an independent I can claim any I might like as bearers of my protection. Next time you see him tell him he should keep his lackeys better informed." She smiled and for a moment all pretense dropped from her. Her glamour vanished and her eyes became black with pinpricks of molten gold, whilst patterns in black revealed themselves upon her body. Her fangs extended to their full inch and a half length with a droplet of venom hanging from one. She smiled and ancient strength rolled off of her before she said, "Remind Victor that while he may be older by a few decades, he is not the only ancient around. Tell him also that I have made a Claim." She fell silent and touched her necklace as her Glamour returned, and her fangs retracted as she again hid her true age. She was still for a moment, and then she smiled brightly turning back to Elise and saying, "That bit of politics concluded, I am more than happy to be civil. A tour sounds wonderful. I have not seen a backstage for a little less than a hundred years."

Leah flinched, but that seemed to be the only reaction Katarina got out of her. "I'm sure he already knows who you are." She snarled, biting at the vampire with her pointed teeth. "I'm not for chivalry right now, and I'm sure that we've wasted enough time standing in this alleyway. If you could so kindly leave, I would be happy to return Elise in time for her show."

@Abberakelaran @Ashlynita

Anika slinked through the streets in her cat form, just another stray wandering the streets, though unlike the other animals looking for food, she was looking for a nice, shiny trinket to steal. But tonight the pickings were slim and she was just about to give up and head back to her den when the scent of blood hit her nose. Always one to give in to curiosity, Ani followed the scent, her paws taking her to an alley beside the not-abandoned theater. Once there, she took stock of those present: A corpse and three women. She padded over to the corpse first, idly nosing at the pockets. Finding only some spare change, she moved over to the three women instead. Altering her form slightly to that of a kitten, she padded up and gave her best pitiful meow.

@RomanticDaffodil @Abberakelaran @Ashlynita

Elise was quite shocked at Kat's display of power, the aura of ancient strength sending chills down her spine. Composing her dumbstruck expression, the female blinked and glanced between the two, unsure how to feel. "Indeed... right this way," she breathed, her mind swirling in slight distress. From what she understood, Kat was powerful beyond her original assumption and she was now under her protective care. It was comforting alright but this encounter would be sure to cause strife between herself and Victor.

Lovely

. Before turning on her heel, Elise glanced down at the small creature mewing, her gaze becoming soft. "If only I had a place for you," she mused aloud, sympathy clear in her expression. Perhaps if the kitten remained here when she returned, she'd offer it some food. Animals always seemed to have a soft place in her heart (or lack there of)... though this one seemed different. The smell was off somehow. Sighing, Elise turned away and moved toward the entrance, her demeanor calm once more. "Leah, if you'd be so kind as to wait for me while I arrange Kat's tour, I'd be more than willing to hear what you have to say." As she opened the door, a single man appeared and Elise motioned toward the limp girl wordlessly. "I haven't got all day," she called after a moment's pause and strode into the building.

@Abberakelaran @RomanticDaffodil @Lannis

Katarina smiled, happy to be entertained. When she saw the kitten her nostrils flared for a moment and her eyes narrowed. She shook her head and picked up the kitten before turning to follow Elise. As they walked into the theater she inhaled deeply, and stopped for a moment reveling in the nearly familiar smells. She leaned against the wall opposite the door, petting the kitten, and said, "Also related to the political maneuvering at the end of the evening we should have a talk. There are a few things you should know, but they can wait till a more convenient time. Besides that you can either direct me to a place to sit and wait for the show, or set up the tour if you have the time."

I did of course run this by Lannis first if anyone is concerned. Also the conversation about the implications of that cannot be had until the GM is back, and can respond to a couple questions I sent them. Now to the tagging

@Ashlynita @RomanticDaffodil @Lannis

Leah followed close behind Elise, careful not to go any closer to Kat than she had to. She didn't known what to feel about Kat, but she knew that it couldn't be good. Making enemies with people you just met wasn't the greatest idea. Despite this, Leah sneered, still angered by Katarina's presence. Leah didn't know why she was like this. She didn't know what it was that made her like this. The fairy stopped. Leah was jealous. Leah was jealous that an ancient vampire had more charisma and appeal than she did. And for that, Elise probably thought Leah was a angry fool. Leah silently cursed herself and continued walking, trying to wipe the look of surprise from her face.

Elise nodded, taking in Kat's words thoughtfully. "I'll grant you audience after the show," she stated, her face smooth and emotionless though she was quite intrigued by what the other had to say. After a moment of walking, she paused in front of her dressing room door and turned to smile warmly at Leah. "I'll be with you in just a moment," she replied, and opened the door for her guest before turning back to Kat. "I'm afraid I can't keep Leah waiting much longer, but walk to the end of the hallway and take a right, my lovely assistant should at her desk. Tell her I sent you and she'll be more than happy to show you around." Elise paused then added, "That is unless you would prefer to wait. There should be a secluded area you can sit in. My assistant has all the details." The female smiled apologetically. "I do wish I could help more but business calls." Facing Leah once more, she gestured for her to go inside. "Shall we?" The warm smile replaced her apologetic one as she was genuinely glad to meet with her fairy friend once more.

@RomanticDaffodil @Abberakelaran @Lannis

Leah gave a fake smile towards Katarina and turned to face Elise. "I am more than ready to talk to you." She took in Elise's warm smile and soft eyes. Her visits with Elise always turned out to be rather... enjoyable. Leah didn't give much thought to it, as this visit was strictly visit and serious manner. Nothing more and nothing less, seeing as she had wasted enough time in the dark alley.

Katarina smiled and said, "I will do that. I cannot wait to see you perform, and afterwards we must speak." Katarina turned away and walked down the hall to the assistant's desk. For a moment she considered taking the tour, but even a vampire as old as her had memories that stung. This kind of place was closely bound to several of hers, and being here was setting her slightly on edge. Instead she asked the assistant to direct her to seats in the theater itself, preferably an overlooking balcony. The woman looked her over and seemed dubious, but said that if she was a guest of Elise there was one available. She guided her there, to one of the lower wall balconies wherein there were five seats. The doors were beginning to open, but within the theater itself it was mostly dark. She told the assistant that she was fine for the moment, and sat down placing the kitten on a seat two seats away from her. She relaxed back into her seats before saying in a quiet offhand manner, "I know you can hear me you know. I can feel the magic of a shapeshifter on you, although I am not entirely certain what you were up to in that alley."

Once Leah was safely inside the dressing room, Elise turned and locked the door - a precaution so they wouldn't be interrupted. The female pinched the bridge of her nose and glanced toward the dark fairy accusingly. "Leah, you know better than to fight with an ancient..." she sighed, exasperated. She held that stance for a moment longer, her eyes drinking Leah in. Eventually, she straightened her body, a soft look in her eyes. "How are you?" she questioned, sensing something more behind her 'all-business' demeanor. It was subtle but her eyes seemed darker somehow. Business could wait for just a second longer.

@RomanticDaffodil

Leah smirked. "You know better than to think I won't." Leah turned to face Elise, staring at her perfectly carved features and well placed makeup. She shook herself out of her trance. "I'm doing well. Not the best. However, this meeting is completely business." She said, biting her lip and still sweeping Elise up and down, trying to cram every last inch of her into her brain.

Elise pouted slightly but nodded. "On with it, then," she demanded, ripping her eyes away from the other, her face now devoid of emotion. Not wanting to waste the time she had, the vampire walked smoothly past Leah toward the rack of clothing, her fingers brushing against several outfits. She waited for the other to speak as she examined her options closely, internally debating what color would look best. Perhaps the pale purple to match her eyes. A part of her wanted Leah's opinion but she didn't want to get too terribly off topic. Sadly, Elise strongly desired the other females approval and affection, much to her dismay.

@RomanticDaffodil

Anika the kitten had been enjoying all the petting lavished on her by the woman who had picked her up. She looked around the theater she was brought in to, but it seemed as if everything of value was bolted down. How unfortunate. Though there was going to be a show later and there would be plenty of chances to make off with people's wallets and handbags then. She settled comfortably into the chair she was set on, and began grooming herself much like any other cat, only to freeze as the woman who carried her suddenly spoke up. She slowly turned to face the woman, then took a cautious sniff of the air. Finally, she straightened, fur melting away, bones reshaping, her shape changing, but instead of shifting back to human form, she became a grey parrot instead.

With a hop, she perched on the back of the chair she had just been sitting in, then regarded the other woman again before finally speaking up. "I smelled blood and I was curious," she croaked in a screechy bird voice. "Say, how much is that necklace of your worth, by the way?" she added a second later.

@Abberakelaran

@JayKuro @The Angelic Kori

The demon walked away without another word.

"That's that then." Victor nodded. "Would you to care to donate blood to the needy or are you just on your way?" Victor smirked, his smile showing the tiniest bit of his fangs, leaving the rest to the imagination.

Leah's gaze didn't follow Elise. It took all her willpower not to go and grab Elise by the hand and start furiously making out with her. Leah figured it would be better if she just didn't look. It wasn't. The urge was still there, the urge for affection, the urge to be loved. But she knew that vampires couldn't truly love.

"Victor told me rumors about a man who knew something about", she paused, looking to see if anyone was listening, "The Four Horsemen of the apocolypse." She turned around, facing Elise, and found it to be the worst mistake of her life. She silently scolded herself and tried to look at anything, anything but the vampire that stood before her. It didn't work. Her eyes found their way to Elise and she couldn't tear her gaze from her perfect body.

Kori immediately stepped back. "I think you missed what I said " she claimed, narrowing her eyes at him, "if there is no trouble then I have no reason to fight you." She heightened her stance. Vampires were common, she had fought vampires numerous times however... Something piqued her interest about this one. He seemed to fit multiple qualifiers for a one 'Victor van Mark'. The situation faded around Kori and all that matter now was talking to him. This could be her chance.

"Instead, I offer a question." she dropped her stance, hoping to signify the importance of her words to her, "Might you be Victor van Mark? If so, I request some words with you." This vampire's gang has been all over her radar, they spread all over the city which is a large reason of why she has yet to try and limit their activities. Not to mention, a majority of people are scared to even ask me to help. However, she has many outlets of information among other fallen angels and she heard something she needed to clarify. That is if he complied.

At that moment, Kori remembered the other fallen angel she was defending. She turned slightly to direct her words at them. "It may interest you to stay as well" she claimed, hoping this could work out for the both of them.

@JayKuro @DC981

'Victor van mark? Where I have heard that name before? Was someone at the bar talking about him?' He thought his eyes continually shifting in and out of focus, he thought it looked pretty cool when everything when blurry, then clear, then blurry again.

He looked up when he was spoken to a and nodded his head. "I guess I'm staying then." He said putting his hands behind his back, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. He looked up at the full moon once more, it looked swollen as if it had gotten bigger. 'Does that usually happen on full moons?' He thought shoving it off as a normal occurrence.

@The Angelic Kori @DC981

@The Angelic Kori @JayKuro

"Why yes, I am." Victor bowed. "I'm afraid having words with fallen angels rarely ends well for vampires. You people tend to judge too quickly." He looked at his guards, feeling certain comfort from their rune covered swords. "You'll have to excuse me, anyways. I have prearranged meetings to attend." He felt nervous refusing this request. People who recognized him were usually afraid or at least in awe. This was new but not unexpected. The more powerful creatures always looked down on him - something he loved proving wrong.

Katarina watched the transformation out of the corner of her eye but stayed relaxed in her chair. She had seen such things before, although cat to bird was unusual. The shifter had apparently arrived on the scene for similar reasons to her own. She ran her hand over the necklace and said, "This necklace is worth billions to a few dozen people on this planet. Fortunately for me, they are also most of the population of people who can handle it safely. A shapeshifter it would likely just kill outright, and almost certainly it would be very unpleasant to hold."

@Lannis
Sorry that took so long. Here is what the pendant of the necklace would look like, but on a bronze chain.
UV5a5sa.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back