Other [Sigh] Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chronicler

The Flamethrower of Hate
[i'M DONE! This is better than typing up some science. I'm going all out on this. Also, this is a repost, cause apparently I can't put it in 'Current Events'. Which I think is weird cause I'm impatient and waited 2 hours.]

OKAY! Fuckin' hell. Makes me so mad this is a thing.

If feminism is so protective over potential abuse than why can't we men have like a Manism. That did sound good in my mind but.. I swear. If feminists are gonna yell at men just because they looked at a girl. Okay, trailed off the road there.

It's time for Feminists to start thinking about how women can improve the world and not destroy it with one gender. Females and Males are like.. Uh... Bonds. Or some chemical thing. They work together to make something. Like, just because women couldn't vote doesn't mean anything!

In New York, the voting was rigged so that basically only really rich people can vote. Do you hear anything about Richism? Or Poorism? The issue is over! Stop bringing it up! And what's worse, is that my Algebra Teacher is such a feminist. Every morning, I have to hear her stupid nagging about how women don't get treated correctly.

THEY DO! And when someone tries to go against Feminism, they got bashed on, being considered an Anti-Female. Like girl, chill. Just because a guy slightly punched a girl doesn't mean he should go to court and get sent to jail just because of a bunch of feminists thinking they're doing the right thing.

A poll made on Debate.org about 'Is Feminism Wrong?', 75% of people voted 'yes' while 25% of the rest voted 'no'. Now, I'm about to present a story to y'all that my friend that's about 34 and I know him in real life. He's basically my father since my real father is in jail for Rape Allegations.

Now, my friend goes by the gamer name; HuskysWish, but his real name is Jason. So, Jason and I were chatting on Skype and he sent me a story of his past time. He went to the same school I go to so the teacher he mentions is my teacher.

I have a teacher who is an extreme feminist, and i find it disturbing. I naturally see everyone as equal because that is the way i have been raised but ever since I have taken this class i have to hear her nag and complain all day about how women aren't treated fairly and have thousands of standards set upon them by society. Yes there are standards set but that's because its been that way since the beginning of time. Eve was only created so Adam would not be lonely. Eve was only created to produce offspring. The fact that my teacher is a women speaks volumes to me. She is a WOMAN with a JOB. If you ask me, i see this as progression. There are still people in this world who completely disregard women. The fact that women can even speak freely in america is huge compared to third world countries where women have 0 rights! There are more important equality issues at hand. Racism is still very much alive and well in the United states. Do the feminists fight for racism too? Do they present every statistical fact for African Americans and Mexicans trying to obtain jobs? No. Why? Because they are only thinking about themselves.They hate the role they were designed to play. Yes women can be powerful, but they will have to work twice as hard. So what? That's the way it is. You're aren't meant to do something so if you really want to do it then you should be willing to work twice as hard as a man. Being in a class full of feminists has made me strongly dislike them. Instead their purpose should be to make me see the so called 'wrong' that they suffer in today's society. No, what's wrong is having your head chopped off for speaking your mind. I dare you feminists to go to Iran and march and rally for " gender equality" . That'll be the last of you. What do i suggest ? Shut up and Get back in the Kitchen.

He was quite the.. Uh.. Rude type but he's a Truck Driver... my god that doesn't sound healthy.

Now, it's a common misconception that women gain 75 cents for every 1 dollar a man makes. It's too misleading and every feminist that I've encountered brought it up as some type of fact. It ain't. And it doesn't consider all the factors of working. Like hours, amount of experience, education, the job. And it's a clear fact that women are the same in smarts as is men. Boys are slightly ahead in Math and Science while girls are over 9000 in Reading and Writing. The skill of a 17 Year Old's Boys writing is the same as a 14 Year Old Girl.

And college rape? I can assure you there is none of this anywhere. In my time of exploring colleges, I have asked them about it. Here's what they said.

"Rape is a uniquely horrible crime. That is why we need sober and responsible research. Women will not be helped by hyperbole and hysteria. Truth is no enemy of compassion, and falsehood is no friend.".

That is literally what they said, and I believe them. 1 out of 4 women in college aren't raped, it's just a myth people use to... Well... I don't know. Advantage?

The problem is that Feminism does not equal Women. Feminism is a political movement. Even when Lollipop Feminists, the brand churned out by freshman gender studies classes the likes of which Dr. Delaway undoubtedly teach, exclaim, “Feminism just wants equality for men and women,” it takes exactly one question to reveal the political nature of what is being said.

When you say equality, do you mean anything having to do with legislation, the courts or the manner in which government and the citizenry interact?

Lollipop feminist replies: No, we just want men and women to be treated equally…

How?

Well, there should be laws…

THAT’S POLITICS!!!!

And colleges should….

THAT’S POLITICS!!!!

And businesses should be made to pay women…

THAT’S POLITICS!!!!

If it involves a law, a college (most of which get all of their funding through loans for tuition made possible by government), the workplace, how rape is defined (you know, so that the legal definition makes it impossible for anyone other than a man to commit rape), the types of judges put on the bench in family courts, it’s POLITICS.

And on Reddit, people have asked why Feminists get such a bad rep. It's because Extremists make anything bad. And don't talk about college. Women and Men can get into college because of they're skills. [Look above]. Like in all honesty, I was at my old middle school and I was walking in the forest and I saw a homeless man sleeping in the forest. Do feminists care about homelessness? No! They care about they're stupid issues and why people should fix them! It makes no sense!

Like, I've encountered a feminist and I looked at her and I saw her dialing the police. I was in total shock and started running. Like what the fuck! I looked at her because she had the most abstract clothing on, like, color abstract. It was beautiful and she thinks I'm checking her out? Like, me already have a girlfriend but why am I being swatted when I just looked at her.

That's the thing though. Everyone knows that rape and robbery is wrong, regardless of whether the person's door is locked, saying "well, they didn't lock their doors" wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

When it comes to rape, however, some (yes, not all, I am aware) don't regard is as wrong to rape someone if they are "asking for it" (being overly intoxicated, overtly sexual, making out with the person sometime during the night and then changing their mind, or simply walking alone at night).

If a door is unlocked, you still don't have the owner's consent to walk in and help yourself to any and all objects in the house. Intellecrually, you know this. Similarly, if a person says no to sex, or at any point is too drunk to say YES, you should know it's not okay to stick your dick in her (or ride him, rape goes both ways). The idea that the victim is to blame at any point in time is toxic in itself. Not only because of the implications for women, but also because it paints men as animals unable to control their sexual urges when they see like a thigh or something. (Why is, for example spaghetti straps, short shorts and yoga pants not allowed in American schools?)

Like, I think feminism is gonna become a cult soon. Like, no joke, they're gonna start doin' some cult shit. End my suffering.

Reply if you can, I honestly don't care about feminism because it's unfair as fuck so... Yeah. Just leave your stuff down below.

BlankName said:
It's time for Feminists to start thinking about how women can improve the world and not destroy it with one gender. Females and Males are like.. Uh... Bonds. Or some chemical thing. They work together to make something. Like, just because women couldn't vote doesn't mean anything!
So I wanted to post a reply to this thread,but it seems like your thoughts are all over the place. I honestly thought you were going to call Feminists fascists and sort of concoct a reason for them being hypocritical. However I just don't understand what you're trying to say here. I can guess what you want to say,but honestly speaking, this all comes off like you're on a sugar rush and just typing whatever comes to mind.

If you really tighten up your post and lemme know what you were getting at, I'd be more than happy to respond.

Sorry what?

Uh.. If I were to call Feminists hypocrites, than it'd be too easy. I like having my posts all over the place. Just try to understand them.

I'm honestly not in the best mood to be replying. Cause I got a courtesy warning for putting this on Current Events when it really is a current event but because of stupid rules, I don't have a platform to defend myself on.

BlankName said:
Cause I got a courtesy warning for putting this on Current Events
"Current Events" I.E. recent articles and such. While it's true that the problem is current, I wouldn't classify it as an "Event" per se. More of an issue with people that's been happening for a long time.

Just stop!

End my suffering

Like, it's more of an event than an issue with what I think. And if it's recent articles, than why do you have to wait 30 days for it to actually be validated as an article.

If I can remember the rules correctly.

BlankName said:
Just stop!

End my suffering

Like, it's more of an event than an issue with what I think. And if it's recent articles, than why do you have to wait 30 days for it to actually be validated as an article.

If I can remember the rules correctly.
Alright, so it's an event. When did it start?

*Googles it*

The nineteenth century. Sorry, I don't think that qualifies as current. Yeah, it's still a problem today, but I'd only call an event current if it happened recently.

Edit: And I believe it's after 30 days an article becomes invalid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...? I only really remember Feminism sinking in like pretty recently, probably a year or month but that's what I remember.

Just please... Avoid the topic of events and actually discuss this. It is in 'General Discussion'. [FUCK!]

BlankName said:
Okay...? I only really remember Feminism sinking in like pretty recently, probably a year or month but that's what I remember.
*Shrug* Either way, still out of date by RpN rules.

Articles must be no more than thirty days old. Remember, this is the Current Events forum, not the “This was an issue six months ago and I’m only finding out about it now” Events forum.
Staff-chan

BlankName said:
Just please... Avoid the topic of events and actually discuss this. It is in 'General Discussion'. [EFF!]
Alright. I just popped in hoping I could clarify a few things ( :) ) I don't actually have anything to say on the topic itself, really; Plenty of other people have spoken about this subject in various places that I really don't think I'd have anything meaningful to contribute. So I'll just bow out now.

THANK YOU OH DEAR LORD.

Now time to wait for the pack of girls to come out of nowhere and start bashing on me. Give me a crowbar.

Just wait...

Well, I don't like how far some people take their beliefs. When it's to the point that you're shutting other people up just because they have a different opinion than you, then you obviously have a problem and you shouldn't get involved in politics 'cause you have a problem outside of the issue. So, yes, I can agree with most of what you're saying. But what you seem to misunderstand is just because women can get jobs and vote, doesn't mean that they're truly treated as equal. Men too, since it's seen as 'unmanly' to wear a dress or play with dolls. That may be the difference in our experiences, since you grew up with ultra feminists that bash on almost everything men do, and I've grown up in a place where my mother got fired from her job because 'she was distracting the men' when in reality it was just because she was doing their job better than them.

How I see it, is that the women you speak of are misandrists, they hate men and use feminism as a shield so they can get away with their blatant sexism. Which is even worse than the rednecks whose response is, "The kitchen is where women belong," because they're dirtying a once proud belief that women should be equal to men and now just setting equal treatment back and just instigating a war between the sexes. Because, like I said before, men face their own problems in society just as women do and I fully accept that. But bashing isn't going to solve it and will only further said war.

BlankName said:
Sorry what?

Uh.. If I were to call Feminists hypocrites, than it'd be too easy. I like having my posts all over the place. Just try to understand them.

I'm honestly not in the best mood to be replying. Cause I got a courtesy warning for putting this on Current Events when it really is a current event but because of stupid rules, I don't have a platform to defend myself on.
It's not for my benefit, it's for you.

Oh goodness where should I even begin? Feel free to arm yourself with a crowbar because here comes an out and proud feminist. It's just common sense to me honestly, though of course anyone has the right to believe in fair treatment for women without labeling themselves as being feminist.

Here is something important to keep in mind: the feminists you will often find on the internet are extremists. A member of any movement on the internet will tend to be extreme. That's what gets you attention on the internet. If you stir up controversy and anger, you get hits. That's why you see so many negative attention seekers. Sure you'll find a number of extreme feminists in real life. But the majority of people you meet every day tend to be somewhere in the middle. A normal curve is called "normal" for a reason. There will be a few vocal extremists, and an impressive number of people who side with them, but the bulk of society tends to have a moderate stance.

The first issue that you address is asking why feminism is so hung up on potential abuse. The simple answer is why people are more afraid of shark attacks than falling coconuts, or why they are more afraid of having their children kidnapped than their children drowning. Whatever seems to be dangerous will cause people to want to protect themselves, even though statistically they are safer than they are acting. That's just human nature. People create heuristics, which are assumptions that allow them to simplify situations. They human mind is, quite frankly, lazy. People rely on heuristics without even realizing it because more often then not they work out in their favor. It's a sort of "better safe than sorry" mentality that causes women to take so many precautions.

So why do many feminists care so much about potential abuse? Because it seems more likely than it is, and it's better to prevent a horrible thing from happening if possible. That can lead to being hyper cautious, but abuse is a serious situation. If it can be prevented, it pays to be cautious. Most feminists will not yell at a man because he looked at a girl. Some might, but that is simply due to the phenomenon that I have discovered where "if you exist, there is someone out there who hates you". Not because of anything in particular, but there are some people who will invent a reason to hate someone. Any justification made by such people is merely an excuse to find a target to vent their animosity out on. It is inadvisable to classify a group by their members who behave in such a manner. Particularly feminism, since compared to the number of feminists who get along perfectly well with men (or who are men themselves), these people make up a minuscule proportion of the movement.

The majority of women are not looking to destroy men, or become superior to them, or any such nonsense. For the most part, they merely resent discrimination and dealing with sexism. Modern feminism is mostly focused around reducing sexism. We have the right to vote, and the women's suffrage movement was only part of the feminist movement, even back when it was first becoming popular. Getting the right to vote was a big deal, regardless of the existence of rigged elections. It gave women a political voice, something which they were not allowed to have. Women being allowed to express their political opinion just as men were allowed to was a big step forward. It's a major accomplishment that was no small feat. I very much appreciate being able to vote, so kudos to the women who came before me.

Richism and poorism are not words. A better term for that is classism, or prejudice against people of a certain social class. It was part of the curriculum in my class that focused on social issues, so it is misleading to suggest that no one is talking about it. The issue of how women are treated is not over. In fact, I think it would be beneficial to continue to bring to light issues that are faced by men as well as women as the result of gender roles. Dismantling gender roles is one of the major goals of feminism that I fully support.

It is not appropriate that your algebra teacher vents to your class every day, and she should not be doing that. However, just because the feminists that you have encountered act in such a manner does not mean that they are exemplary of every feminist. Feminists are not a hive mind, the movement is characterized by many different men and women from many different walks of life. Some people take their views too far, others not far enough. Your teacher would fall into the former category. With some luck, you won't have to deal with her ranting in such a manner for long. If it bothers you, you should speak to your guidance counselor or principle or someone in charge of dealing with inappropriate behavior (though you may make the ranting worse so do be careful).

You say that women are treated fairly. That is a large blanket statement and easy to shoot down, so I'll just bring up some personal examples. I have a female friend who was told that she can't be good at math because she was female. My cousin used to work at a hardware store and constantly had to go find a male employee because of customers who "wanted someone who would know what they're doing". They would say this to her despite the fact that she had worked for the store for years. Also she was hit on a lot. I personally have been the target of catcalling and sexual harassment. Oh, and I have to debate someone about why a girl getting raped is not "a compliment". That was fun =_=

Also, as a statistics nerd, debate.org =/= reliable source for statistics on opinions. Particularly on the internet, where feminism has a bad reputation because of radical feminists. Feminism is characterized by many different opinions. Social movements tend to be like that. Characterizing a group as a single entity is not a view that takes into account the different perspectives that exist in the feminist movement. Additionally, public opinion that something is bad does not mean that it is. Public opinion can also condemn innocent people who are falsely accused of crimes. That is why the public does not get to make judgments on right and wrong; they are biased towards whatever their initial perspective is and whatever reinforces their worldview.

(I read your friend's story. Frankly, I cannot see how you can cite a person who says such problematic things. Not only does he generalize all feminists into a single entity, but he claims that they do not fight for racial equality. I can tell you right now that a large number of feminists at my school are engaged in fighting for racial equality, as well as fighting for the rights of the LGBTQIA+ community. Additionally, your friend suggests that feminists go protest in third world countries, implying that he would like them to die. As a matter of fact, I think they should be fighting for the rights of women in other countries. But not because I want them to die, but rather because I think that all women deserve to have autonomy. Also, anyone who tells women to get back in the kitchen loses all credibility, although honestly he already did long before that statement. You can't argue that women are treated the same as men and follow it up with a sexist joke. That just makes no sense.)

The wage gap does exist, but I agree that some feminist groups report it misleadingly as though all women make less money at the exact same job as men. Anti-feminist groups assert that women simply do not take high paying jobs like men. Neither is entirely accurate. Some women make less money in the same job because of employees illegally forcing their workers to never compare salaries. That is not characteristic of all jobs though. Less women take higher paying jobs, but it is also true that they are less likely to be promoted (especially if women are married since it is assumed they'll take maternity leave someday). Additionally, jobs which were formally dominated men and considered high paying ended up being jobs that paid less once they were dominated by women. Back when women were first entering the workforce, employers were allowed to pay women less. In fields that were dominated by women, that translated over time to the job being considered a low paying job. One of the main factors that contributes to the pay gap is surprisingly not due to gender at all. It is actually due to black and Hispanic women being paid substantially less than white women and men of the same race. So a white woman acting as though she only gets .75 cents on the dollar is misleading. But a black or Hispanic woman is more than justified in complaining about the wage gap. The combination of both racism and sexism is, at least to my understanding, the main problem.

College rape doesn't happen? Ha! I find that laughable. Colleges are notorious for pushing that stuff under the rug. According to the student groups that I have encountered, people report stories about why the campus police are a joke and how the college administration pressures people to be quiet to avoid a scandal associated with their college. On one hand, you can see why college administration does that. On the other hand, that's a horrible thing to do. Also, it depends on the college. Some colleges are very good at handling reports of rape. Others are not. If you are quoting verbatim what you were told, I find that very troubling. That really sounds like a scripted response, and while they did imply that the frequency of rapes on campus is less than the news makes it seem, nowhere in that statement did they say "rape on college campuses does not happen". It happens to women and men, regardless of sexuality and in spite of colleges insisting that they have it under control. The statistic 1 in 4 does sound inflated, but that does not mean it does not happen, or that it does not happen frequently. College kids drink, and where there is alcohol involved, the amount of rapes go up. It is concerning to me that anyone should act as though it doesn't exist.

I don't understand how feminism being politics makes feminism invalid. Feminism is socio-political, dealing with both social and political issues. It is a large movement, just like the civil rights movement and gay rights movement, and as a result there are differing opinions on what the focus of feminism should be. But nevertheless, the desire to have women treated equally in both society and under the law is not something I can disagree with.

It is very frustrating to me the number of times the argument "do feminists care about X? No! They only care about themselves!" is used in your post. I am a feminist. Do I care about homeless people? Yes. Do I care about gay rights and racial equality? Yes. Do I care about the treatment of transgender people? Yes. I care about a lot of things, many social issues and some political ones. I also care about how women and men are depicted in film and literature, and how women are treated in society and by the courts. The same applies to how different races and sexualities are depicted in media. I can care about more than one thing without the issues becoming less important to me. I go to school in a big city, and give money to every homeless person I see. I also give to charity, and vote for the politicians I think will best represent the people's interests. I have friends who are also feminists, and they also care about more than just their own interests. I would invite you to get to know some feminists better who aren't extremists. The ones who don't get up on a soapbox at every opportunity. Trust me, there are quite a few of us out there.

I commend you for reading all the way through my post (assuming that you did). I also am glad that you recognize that the "she was asking for it" mentality is problematic for both genders. In fact, I'd go a step further and add that men are considered to be "asking for it" when they're the victim of rape because of the stereotype that men always want to have sex with a pretty girl. Obviously this is not the case, men are not hormone driven animals and women are not sultry temptresses, and the victim blaming mentality is one of the most toxic mindsets that exists in our society. This, I would argue, is much more toxic than even extreme feminism can be.

Feminism will not become a cult. A cult requires everyone to have the same viewpoint and act as a scary hive mind and whatnot. Feminists all have different perspectives of how women should be treated and what the main focus of the movement should be. Overall however, feminists simply want to end sexism and dismantle gender roles that are harmful to both women and men. Some take it too far, but the majority of feminists just want what most people want; to be treated fairly. To that end, I don't think that feminism is bad. The movement just needs more people who will speak up for the average feminist and not the extreme side.

This fucking idiot say that all sexual interaction is rape from the male gender,

What!?

She sits there saying all wars and violence is caused by men,

What!?

She says that women have Telekinesis of some sort. But men have suppressed the power.

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK!?

WHEN DID I HAVE THIS POWER, I WANT IT BACK!

Does anyone know what type of doctor can turn me into a transgender? I've lost all faith in both genders.

Arion said:
Sometimes, I sit back and wonder how on earth people can be so blind to reality. Then I remember that I study psychology and analyze it. The best explanation I can come up with at the moment is the ingroup-outgroup bias. People create the idea that "everyone who is like me is good, and everyone who is not like me is bad". I cringe at the fact that someone who writes an article like that would consider themselves a feminist. The entire point of feminism is to achieve political, social, and economic equality to men. Although there is still work to be done, it is destructive to put another gender down to raise another up. That is precisely what needs to be fought against.

When all intercourse is deemed "rape", when all problems are attributed to one gender, it prevents people from being able to classify things that are actually a problem, or address the real source of the problem. Quite frankly, the person who wrote the article sounds seriously disturbed. The unfortunate thing about the internet is that even the craziest of viewpoints can gain a following. And irritatingly such people will try to steal a perfectly acceptable label and attach it to a viewpoint that has very little in common with it.

Does anyone know what type of doctor can turn me into a transgender? I've lost all faith in both genders.
Transgender individuals consider themselves to be on the gender binary though. Transwomen are women and transmen are men. I suppose you could just deem yourself to be gender nonconforming (the "queer" segment of LGBTQIA can refer to being gender nonconforming). Though there's no point in doing that arbitrarily. Just accept that there are dumb people of all genders and reassure yourself with the fact that you are not one of them. We can't be represented by anyone other than ourselves in the end.

ApfelSeine said:
Transgender individuals consider themselves to be on the gender binary though. Transwomen are women and transmen are men. I suppose you could just deem yourself to be gender nonconforming (the "queer" segment of LGBTQIA can refer to being gender nonconforming). Though there's no point in doing that arbitrarily. Just accept that there are dumb people of all genders and reassure yourself with the fact that you are not one of them. We can't be represented by anyone other than ourselves in the end.
Very well put, i made a rather big mistake in that sentence, Thanks for the correction.

Cool story, bro.

BlankName said:
"Like girl, chill. Just because a guy slightly punched a girl doesn't mean he should go to court and get sent to jail just because of a bunch of feminists thinking they're doing the right thing."
"When it comes to rape, however, some (yes, not all, I am aware) don't regard is as wrong to rape someone if they are "asking for it" (being overly intoxicated, overtly sexual, making out with the person sometime during the night and then changing their mind, or simply walking alone at night)."
You gotta wonder what makes a dude have such vitriol and violent feelings towards women. Insecurity and inferiority issues stay buggin'.

Going back to the link in my first post in this thread,

"No more military, no more army, no more wars! It would be illegal for men to hold weapons. Global peace would be the immediate consequence. Most weapons will be destroyed (or recycled into something else), such as weapons of mass destruction, anti-personnel mines, tanks, machine guns, all manners of terrestrial, marine and air-bombers, and all the many disgusting things men have invented. For the remaining weapons such as guns or blades, women will hold exclusive right of use over them in order to defend ourselves from men, from the risk of them taking power over us again."

First of all, "Global peace would be the immediate consequence.", Wrong, Violence would most likely soar the charts, as there would be riots much like depicted in 'The Division' <---- (I may look stupid for referencing a game for a point, but it is rather realistic in the rioting sense.) Now:

"No more military, no more army, no more wars!" I just. I... I... don't know what to say. How the fuck will you protect yourselves from other country's?

"Most weapons will be destroyed (or recycled into something else), such as weapons of mass destruction, anti-personnel mines, tanks, machine guns, all manners of terrestrial, marine and air-bombers, and all the many disgusting things men have invented." You can't recycle radioactive materials, you stupid bitch. And what the fuck are you going to make with the remains of a nuclear submarine, battleship, or stealth fighter?

"and all the many disgusting things men have invented. " I quit, your logic is ham-fisted.

"For the remaining weapons such as guns or blades, women will hold exclusive right of use over them in order to defend ourselves from men, from the risk of them taking power over us again." You can't fuckin' locate the damn slide on an M9 you fucking dumbass, forget loading the damn thing, and didn't you just say Guns would be recycled? And what the hell is a 5'3 woman going to do against a 6'0 man? I'm 5'4 and i can HANDLE a weapon and i would still run for my damn life.

ApfelSeine said:
Thank you for your input on this issue, as well as the topic of feminism. You took the words straight from my mouth.

Arion said:
Going back to the link in my first post in this thread,
"No more military, no more army, no more wars! It would be illegal for men to hold weapons. Global peace would be the immediate consequence. Most weapons will be destroyed (or recycled into something else), such as weapons of mass destruction, anti-personnel mines, tanks, machine guns, all manners of terrestrial, marine and air-bombers, and all the many disgusting things men have invented. For the remaining weapons such as guns or blades, women will hold exclusive right of use over them in order to defend ourselves from men, from the risk of them taking power over us again."

First of all, "Global peace would be the immediate consequence.", Wrong, Violence would most likely soar the charts, as there would be riots much like depicted in 'The Division' <---- (I may look stupid for referencing a game for a point, but it is rather realistic in the rioting sense.) Now:

"No more military, no more army, no more wars!" I just. I... I... don't know what to say. How the fuck will you protect yourselves from other country's?

"Most weapons will be destroyed (or recycled into something else), such as weapons of mass destruction, anti-personnel mines, tanks, machine guns, all manners of terrestrial, marine and air-bombers, and all the many disgusting things men have invented." You can't recycle radioactive materials, you stupid bitch. And what the fuck are you going to make with the remains of a nuclear submarine, battleship, or stealth fighter?
Honestly, the author of that article just sounds delusional. There are women in the military, women who are pro-gun, and women who have violent tendencies. It sounds like that person does believe in gender stereotypes, but only the ones that benefit her and seem positive. It is concerning that she is egocentric enough to think that all women are the same as her. I think that reinforces my idea that women are her "ingroup", leading her to assume that all women are good and have the same worldview as she does.

Personally, I think it's best to ignore articles like the one you linked. Complaining just gives her the attention she's looking for. Plus, if you spend all of your time arguing with ideas that are that far removed from reality, you'll waste the rest of your life because there's an endless amount of people like her. It's better to focus your attention debating people capable of rational thinking. It's less stressful and you actually have some chance of teaching or learning something. You can't teach someone who has no firm grip on reality, and you can't learn from that sort of person either, so what is there to be gained? You're just going to frustrate yourself.

ApfelSeine said:
Honestly, the author of that article just sounds delusional. There are women in the military, women who are pro-gun, and women who have violent tendencies. It sounds like that person does believe in gender stereotypes, but only the ones that benefit her and seem positive. It is concerning that she is egocentric enough to think that all women are the same as her. I think that reinforces my idea that women are her "ingroup", leading her to assume that all women are good and have the same worldview as she does.
Personally, I think it's best to ignore articles like the one you linked. Complaining just gives her the attention she's looking for. Plus, if you spend all of your time arguing with ideas that are that far removed from reality, you'll waste the rest of your life because there's an endless amount of people like her. It's better to focus your attention debating people capable of rational thinking. It's less stressful and you actually have some chance of teaching or learning something. You can't teach someone who has no firm grip on reality, and you can't learn from that sort of person either, so what is there to be gained? You're just going to frustrate yourself.
True, thank you for beaming me back from an endless rant. I'm going to go do something instead of sitting here arguing about something that isn't going to happen.

BlankName said:
[i'M DONE! This is better than typing up some science. I'm going all out on this. Also, this is a repost, cause apparently I can't put it in 'Current Events'. Which I think is weird cause I'm impatient and waited 2 hours.]
For something to be in current events, it needs to have a relevent news article linked from the last 30 days.

Since this does not belong in Current Events, it really does not belong on RpN as CE is the only section of the site where we even allow topics like this.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back