Side Story: Hideki makes a series of bad decisions. - Complete

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hideki Ukita
Hotaru Hagano
Nagisa Kanazawa​

Hideki smiled down at the boxes before him, he had spent most of yesterday making certain each and every single one was perfect. Many of the chocolate he had made into cute cat-like molds, while some he had to order in.. largely because he was sure Hotaru’s palate was the oddest of the bunch.

He had been planning this for awhile, it had been a holiday he really hadn’t spent to much time on, but nowadays with his repertoire of friends opening up, he figured it’d be best to celebrate it in full force!

He kept it abit of a secret from takara, even if he left a box for her on the counter for when she’d get back home with her name on it. But he was certain today would be just great!

Optimism was a rare thing for him, but… maybe it was the holiday cheer getting him going for once?

He gathered up the stuff, placing each of the respective boxes in his bag neatly and shuffled the bag onto his back. He stepped outside and took in a deep breath of the morning air.

“First stop.. Hotaru… I can smell the stuff even when it's inside the bag…”

And with that, the young man went off to hunt down his first delivery.

The Hagano residence was a little out of the way, a surprisingly narrow wooden building that didn’t quite seem to match up with its neighbours. But it was neat enough and if Hideki rang the bell on the front door he’d soon hear precise footsteps march down a flight of stairs.

“Can I help you?” The woman who answered looked something like an older version of Hotaru, taller, turquoise hair pulled back in a severe bun instead of loose and wearing a long white lab coat. “Hmm,” Bright green eyes looked Hideki over in a coldly analytical manner. “Teenage, male. Is this a social call?”

Hideki was taken lightly aback by the woman’s sudden appearance… and.. Very analytical first impression of him. He half expected her to try and measure him or put him on a scale next. “Ehmn, ah, yes. Is Hotaru in? I would like to talk with her… Your her.. Mother?’ he asked examining the woman carefully, maybe a relative?

“What exactly are your intentions regarding my daughter?” Wakaba asked with cold suspicion, her eyes narrowing as they zeroed in on the package he was carrying. “Are those chocolates? I’ll speak bluntly, Hotaru doesn't need any distractions, I won’t allow your sucrose based bribery to undermine her training regime-”

“Mooootheeeeer,” The voice was sing song sweet and recognizable to Hideki. “I thought we agreed I would answer the door from now on?” Hotaru appeared in the open doorway, ducking in under her Mother’s arm and then pushing the taller women back a few paces.

“I’m only trying to protect you! The other one was very nonthreatening but I don’t like the look in this one’s eyes. Too many hormones,”

“Mother! Go finish tabulating those results or something! I’ll handle this!” Hotaru insisted, a very deliberate smile on her face as she shooed her Mother away from the door and stepped out onto the porch with Hideki, closing the door behind her firmly.

“You’ll have to forgive her, she’s uh.. She doesn’t get out much these days,” Hotaru said, rubbing the back of her head.

Hideki was… stunned… Right up to the moment that Hotaru finally came out. “Shes.. your mom huh? Interesting character.” he chuckled abit, christ it’s like the woman tried to determine everything without a word coming from his mouth.

“Well, she was right about something. I did bring you some.. How did she put it… “Sucralose based bribery?” he smirked with a small wink, holding out the chocolate. “I took a guess consider what I saw of your tastes last mission, if you don’t like it I can get something else for yea.”

He was quite genuine with the gift, looking quite pleased as well, chocolate covered fruit, while not particularly uncommon, was abit of a hunt. He found them far to sweet for his taste… though strawberries were good.

“She’s honestly the smartest person I know,” said Hotaru with a small laugh “Just… her intelligence is very specific, she has no patience for things that don’t interest her,” then the girl’s eyes lit up as Hideki revealed.

“Ohhh! These look delicious!” Hotaru took the chocolates, studying them with an admiring expression. “Mother’s right you are dangerous,” she said with a mischievous grin. “I hope you got some for Yukari as well, I don’t want to be embroiled in anything dramatic!”

Hideki smirked, chuckling abit. “Well, glad to hear the “fruits” of my labor are liked. Don’t worry, i got some for her to, though I’m gonna have to be sneaky getting them to her as I don’t want to end up on a list.” he sighed slightly looking over his shoulder in a glance.

“These are just my way of saying thanks, without you, we’ve likely wouldn’t have been able to save all those folks. You were a valuable part of the team, even if we were only in that mission to date.” added in, blushing abit as he admitted it.

“Glad I was able to catch you as the first, don’t want those fruits to go bad after awhile of trying to find yea.”

“Heehee don’t worry they won’t last long around here! And I’m happy to work with you again any time you want if I get chocolate out of it! Or maybe next time I should get you something?” Hotaru winked. “For now I’ll just say thank you,” Hotaru leaned forward and gave Hideki a quick hug “It’s a very sweet gesture,”

“Hotaru! I need your help with this!”

“Whoops I better go, good luck with the rest of your deliveries!” Hotaru said, retreating back into the house with a wave.

He returned the quick hug before she almost bolted away. “Good luck yourself Hotaru. Heh, whata cutie.” he scratched behind his head slowly starting to make off to his next delivery.

Hopefully, it would go as well as this one.

With less… involvement of nosey parents.

Though likely he would have trouble regardless as his next target was…

Nagisa…

The distance to cover was considerable, but considering his training it was a cake walk. Though finding the place that is his target’s home was… to say… difficult. The address was fine and he had gotten it earlier, it was more just annoying to get to as the streets were congested at times.

He finally came to the building, Nagisa lived in one of Konoha’s few apartment blocks, although even within that narrow category it wasn’t an especially fine example. Squat, grey and probably in need of a new paint of coat on the other hand the building was tidy enough and the old man at the front desk was alert and helpful.

“No.. 26 eh? Third floor, on the left. Reckon you would be the first visitor in a while to that number,”

“Thanks… And… Really?’ he questioned, raising an eyebrow. “How long ago was the last one? I would’ve figured Yuuki would’ve come to see his team mate sometime.” he wondered with a scratch of his chin. He got a sudden sinking feeling… was… this alright to do?

Well.. he should explain himself firstly to nagisa, hopefully she doesn’t deck him right out the gate..

The door to apartment 26 did not look identical to its neighbours. The lock had clearly been reinforced and someone had added a small peephole. Surprisingly it took a while for anyone to come to the door and when they did there was clearly a pause while they studied Hideki through the peep hole. Finally the door opened.

“The hell do you want?” Nagisa mumbled as she revealed herself. “Her skin was paler than usual except for her nose which was bright red and her hair was a tousled. Perhaps most noticeable, she was clearly wearing pink, cotton pajamas.

Hideki took in a deep breath as she had opened the door… She… Looked kinda sick actually… She spoke exactly what he figured she’d say but, hell he didn’t expect such cute pjs. “Umm, hey. Sorry for waking you up, guess I shoulda came later. But… Well... “ he trailed off for a second.

“So, today is white day, and since that last mission really couldn’t have been done without your guidance and leadership… I figured I should get you something. And it’s also… an apology for being an absolute ass.” he just let it out with the box in hand, holding it forwards.

He wasn’t sure how this would turn out… But god damn if he didn’t have to word himself correctly.

“Wh..? Y..” For once Nagisa seemed lost words and her cheeks flared to match her pajamas. She seemed about to speak when a voice echoed up from the stairwell.

“~And so I said to Fumiko ‘Darling! Of course!’ But you know what she’s like so~”

“Dammit!” Hissed Nagisa, suddenly grabbing Hideki and yanking him into her room by the collar, slamming her door behind him.

“That woman is the biggest gossip in the building,” Nagisa whispered dangerously, covering his mouth with her hand and pushing him up against the closed door. “If she finds out there was a boy hanging around on my doorstep I’ll never hear the freaking end of it so be quiet till she passes!”

Hideki was about the protest when nagisa told him whats going on, he didn’t think he was going to benefit from having the biggest mouth in Konoha! “Hmphfirl.” he mumbled, his mouth covered so he couldn’t really speak anyways.

Hes glad he kept his gear at home.. God knows what she’d think. Plus, she kinda had him by the throat at this point. He’d stay quiet until she left… he REALLY didn’t need any more trouble with those young woman…

Nagisa leaned over Hideki’s shoulder to listen at the door and there was a tense few seconds as the chattering woman and her companion passed by. As their voices receded into the distance Nagisa sighed with relief and then seemed to notice how close she had been pressing up against Hideki and leaped back as if stung, her cheeks now flaming.

“A-Anyway! You didn’t have to do something like this, you were fine once things got serious so whatever!” Steeling herself Nagisa took two deliberate steps back towards Hideki,snatched the chocolates and then turned him around by the shoulders. “I could use a pick-me-up so thanks I guess,” The pace of Nagisa’s words accelerated until she was near babbling. “Now-get-the-hell-out-of-here-before-you-get-sick! Idiot!” she insisted, pushing him out the door and then closing it behind him.

Now outside the door, staring at the wall across the way he looked more confused then anything else. “Umm… you’ every welcome?’ he questioned, before he looked to the floor for a second. “...Well.. That went better than I thought… Must’ve been very sick if she wanted me out so quick…” he sighed, feeling abit sad he couldn’t talk more.

Oh well.

It was time to go get his face punched in anyways.

He checked off a name on his list and set off to make his way to the Sanada house, he couldn’t help but feel abit happier after that visit.

Looks like things went well after all!

Hideki Ukita
Mai Sanada​

Hideki stared at the building… he.. Wasn’t fully certain how to even start going in… he wondered, just how many steps would he take before he had to duck a stray fist? He could already hear the sounds of fighting inside. Hell, there was fighting outside to.

It was like the building exhumed a aura of fisticuffs.

The building it’self looked like it could take a punch of thousand.

Well, there was no time like the present. He began his walk up and into the house, readied to defend himself at any possible time.. He just needed to find Mai’s mother to be safe. Find her, and everything will be fine.

And she wasn’t hard to find. Follow the screaming, and find the healer. Only in this case, the healer was the screaming.

“You !#$#’ing idiots! Why the hell did you think catching a #$@’ing blade with your @#$@’ing hands was a good idea!? And not just a @#$3’ing blade you piece of #!$!, a real #$@#’ing sharp blade! And you, Tori, WHY THE HELL DID YOU SAY YES?!”

A whimper was interrupted by Nohime casting several layers of paralysis jutsu on the culprit, stepping on the wounded man’s gashed chest, and then beginning to heal him. She noticed Hideki in the distance.

“Oh. Hello. Hideki was it? I think? Huh, think I’d get it right with how much Mai talks about you. You… didn’t hear any of that before? Right?”

Hideki had completely heard all of that, he could be in the next village over and could’ve heard it… But like a good young man, he lied. “Huh? Heard what? Oh you must be Mai’s mom, it’s great to meet you!” he put on his best respectable demeanor before the woman, cause by god if he was going to be pure as driven snow in front of somebody it would be the Sanada wrangler.

“I hope Mai said good things, speaking of, where is she?”

Nohime blushed and giggled a bit at the young man’s first comment, then tapped her chin.

“That’s a good question. Keeping track of her’s a nightmare. I thiiiink she said something about wrestling a tiger? I told her it was #@#@’ing stupi… I mean, I said I didn’t think it was very smart. Knowing her she went anyways. Probably around the forest of death. I was going to see if she was okay, but would you mind doing it?”

“Of course, that sounds simple enough. Thank you for your help, I’ll get going before I get punched in the back of the he-... I mean she gets lost. Have a wonderful day.” forcing his politeness out he swiftly turned to get the hell out of the battleground.

The forest of death… Wrestling a tiger… Figures…

The forest was huge! Just how in hell could he begin to find her in there…. Listen for the sounds of destruction and rampant stupidity?

….

Well…. It was a start.

Abit of time later at the forest of Death

It didn’t take that long for him to find her, following the sounds of a distressed tiger sped up the process and the sounds of Mai’s yelling also limited just which tiger sound he should investigate.

Appears she had been quite busy today.

He was in the treetops when he came upon the scene… “...Mai! Let the poor cat go!”

Mai looked up from the whimpering tiger, a little surprised to see Hideki. In the momentary lapse, the tiger bucked her off and ran full speed into the forest. Mai fell upwards into a column of vines, and struggled to get out.

“Hideki! What’s up? You trying to catch a cat too? I was thinking about getting a pet.”

She gave him an honest smile from her vine hell. On any other girl, maybe it was cute. On Mai, the innocence was terrifying.

The young man sighed. “Always getting into something aren’t you? You can’t just beat a tiger into submission you have to raise and train one to…. Why am i giving you advice on this, give me a second I’ll cut you down.” the young man put a hand to his back and…

“...I left my knives at home it seems… Well..” he put up his hood and activated cat covering, the ears and tail forming. “Now just hold still so I can cut the vines.” he flexed his hand abit, looking at the claws upon each finger tip with his shadowed cat-like eyes, before landing softly upon the ground to actually get to the young woman.

Mai landed soft enough, looked at him confused, and actually silent for a moment. Then a deep breath followed, and then laughter that shook the trees.

“Y-you! You’re a cat! A cat! Hahahahaha! Why did - How did- Hahahahhaha!”

She started to turn red in the face, unable to stop. Finally she wiped a tear out her eye.

“So, what brings ya out here?”

“..Laugh it up why don’t yea. I happen to like this jutsu thank you.” he grumbled before reaching into his bag. “Well, it’s white day, so I’m here to give you this.” he didn’t looked very happy at the moment, slight embarrassed from the whole fact of his cat thing being laughed at…

Which he now remembered to take off, it felt almost to naturally to have it on…

“Go on, take it, it’s yours.”

Mai was still stifling a giggle as he handed her a bag. Instead of taking it, Mai almost looked horrified.

But, but, but… I didn’t get him anything? White day is supposed to return the love of a pure maiden’s heart 2 or 3 times, but I didn’t get him nothing for Valentine’s day…

Mai’s face turned a different type of red. W-was Hideki flirting with her?

“Uh… Uh…”

Mai just stood there in a stupor. It looked like Hideki broke her.

Hideki rose an eyebrow and shook the box in her direction. “...Well?” he brought it closer. “...Don’t like chocolate?’ he questioned before walking closer to her with the box still pointed to her.

“Whats wrong? Cat got your tongue?” He smirked devilishly at that pun, oh yes, how long had he waited to use that one…

Mai turned redder and redder from the approaching Hideki. Why was she suddenly feeling dizzy? Why was the sky suddenly in front of her? Why was everything black?

“...Mai..?” he watched the girl fall flat on her back. He blinked a few times looked around himself at the forest. “...Well shit…” he sighed scratching his head. He walked over and flopped her onto his shoulder like a wet sack of potatoes. “Time for you to go home I guess… Wait, shit thats across town.. Best just drop her off at Takara’s, leave the box with her.”

And with that, the young man set off to drop off his friend.

He still had a few deliveries to run!

Hideki Ukita
Yukari Hyuuga​

“...Alright… Here's the tricky one…” the young man had tried to figure out the best way of getting to speak to Yukari or figure out where she was without going to her home… As that place was certain death today.

He had gone to the place that her sensei lives at, all he got was a shrug and a ominous “If you’re looking for her, you’ll find her I’m sure.” he also tried to sell him an air freshener for some reason and… Well he bought it on impulse… Guy said he was smelling like blood? The fuck?

Well the air freshener did smell nice and was a nice keyring regardless, no sense not keeping it around.

But he really had no idea where to start looking.

“Just keep looking my ass… Guy probably didn’t know anything.” he sighed once more before once again looking around the street, he had passed by this gate so many times he felt like he had been walking in circles.

Yukari let out a slow sigh, walking down the street. Her hair was pulled back in a loose bun, wildflowers stuck in it. Damn Nona and her puppy eyes… there was no saying ‘no’ to them. Oh well, it was relatively quiet in that corner of the village. Nice to just stop and rest for awhile. The Hyuuga paused, “Hm? Looking for something Hideki?” Guy seemed to be going back and forth.

Hideki perked up at the voice, looking over to the young woman and it was almost like the world had been lifted off his shoulders. “Whew, thank the gods I found yea, was beginning to think I’d have to risk trying to find you at home.” he chuckled a bit flashing a smile.

“Lucky I caught yea though i’ve been hunting for yea for over 2 hours now.. I even talked to your sensei who was… helpful?” well, the guy was right in the end, kinda.

She blinked, tilting her head slightly. “Do we have a mission or something?” A light chuckle escaped her as he mentioned speaking to Koma, “He’s… definitely got a roundabout way of doing things sometimes.” Well, most times.

“Oh no, been a pretty quiet week in that regard.” he considered her question. “That said, it’s a holiday, so i figured I should take part you know?” he fished out a small box from his bag. And looked at it for a moment.

“Wasn’t sure what type of chocolate you like so, kinda went with a variety.” he was smiling earnestly the whole time, looking quite pleased with himself.

“Oh?” Yukari took the small box, making no effort to hide her surprise at the gift. But a holiday… what holiday could it-?

Oh…

She felt a slight blush creeping onto her features, “Isn’t White Day when you give a gift to someone that gave you one…?”

Hideki blushed slightly “W-well I guess so, but the way I see it, since you saved me and all back then.... Thats a pretty damn good gift huh? I owe you more than anything… So…” he pointed the box her way, suddenly feeling real embarrassed about it, blushing mad but still looking quite happy.

“Happy White Day Yukari!”

She smiled, genuine and soft. “Thanks, Hideki,” Yukari said, giving him a light kiss.

The kiss took.. The young man by suprise, at first he was stunned, then swayed abit, then he came back down to earth. “Oo-o-ooh! I… umm I…” he sstutter, having been thoroughly broken at the moment. “I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i I gotta go! See yea soon! or whenever! Soonisheverbye!” and with that, he took off and collided with a nearby tree’s branch, bringing him back to the earth below , flipping to fall face first…

Before he leapt up again to get moving.

He was.. Definitely gonna need to recover after that one.

Yukari chuckled, watching him take off before looking back down at the box. Roku would have a field day if she found out...

Aiko Uchiha
Hideki Ukita​

Hideki, brushing off the blood from his nose gazed at Aiko’s house. He had only just recovered from the last… Delivery… And he figured he should keep on going while the iron’s hot. Despite the pained nose, he felt good! Really good! Good enough that he walked right up to the restaurant and opened up the door with no trepidation at all.

“Hey Aisu! Is Aiko in?’ he asked looking around for the jolly man, hoping he was behind the counter or at least in ear shot in the kitchen. Not fully knowing what kind of implications that was laid about him asking for his daughter on this special day of the year.

Aisu peeked his head out from the kitchen, an annoyed look on his face. That expression quickly changed when he saw who had come in.”Well if it isn’t Hekki! How are you young lad! Come to ask Aiko on a date?” Aisu gave the boy a wide smile before yelling, “Aikooooo! Hekki is here to take you on a date!”

Hideki wasn’t fully surprised he jumped RIGHT to that, hell he wasn’t fully certain why everyone was so damn quick to jump like that today. White day was just a day to give thanks, weird. Though some people give thanks in interesting ways… He blushed lightly remembering the delivery before. He walked inside and motioned to the guy.

“It’s Hideki and… Well I’ll just explain it to Aiko..” he sighed abit, waiting for the angry young woman to come out.

A door opened farther back in the restaurant, and a cold air washed out of the room. Aiko stepped out and glared at Hideki. “He must be an idiot if he really thinks I’ll go anywhere with him. Anyway, why are you actually here?” She asked, knowing her father was full of crap.

Hideki sighed and shiver abit. “Man, chilly as ever. I figured you’d be used to your dad’s jokes by now.” he began to rummage about in his bag. “So… We’ve been partners since graduation, we’ve had our ups and downs and disagreements, we’ve both had to yank Mai’s chain many times to get her to stop messing around. But honestly I…”

He stalled for a second, box now in hand.

“I honestly say… I am happy that I had, and continue to have you as a squadmate. And I know I can be a jackass… Most of the time.” he smirked, winking her way knowingly. “But.. Well… here… happy White Day Aiko. Thank you for everything.”

Aiko didn’t respond for a moment, a bit taken aback by Hideki’s sincere words. Maybe he wasn’t just an idiot boy who flirted with every girl he met. However, Aiko didn’t plan on letting the little punk off that easily. “Oh really? I’m glad you finally decided to show some appreciation.” Aiko noticed Hideki’s nose was a little red. “I appreciate your words, but did you give thanks to Mai and Sensei yet?”

“Oh? Yea I gave Mai one abit ago, she was… Wrestling tigers… in the forest of death…” he couldn’t help but sigh. “Its odd… I gave her the box and she… Fainted…” he frowned, unsure of what happened. “Haven’t heard what takara ahd to say about her’s, she had work today.”

“And well, i guess at least one of us is appreciating the other, i do my fair share of work yea know.” he chuckled. “Gotta say… Starting to not be certain i know fully whats going on today… But Is till got a delivery or two left to do.”

Suddenly Aisu spoke up, having been listening in on the conversation. “WHAT?! You have more deliveries to make?” Aisu sounded enraged, as he slid out of the kitchen. “It sounds like you’ve already made a few deliveries too! I doubt that they were all fellas as well! You scoundrel! I won’t let you steal my daughter’s heart while you fool around with other women!”

Aiko could only stare at her father and shock, amazed at how emotional he suddenly became.

“Wait a minute what’re you talking about?” Hideki began to back up. “I’m not fooling around! I’m thanking them for their help through the year.” he was out of the restaurant at this point. “Just what kidna game are yea playing?!”

Aisu brought his hands together, and was about to start weaving handsigns. “No, I won’t let you get away this. You’re punishment is dea- ACK!” Aiko’s foot planted itself right into Aisu’s stomach. “Ignore my dad, he’s an idiot. You’d better go now though, thanks for stopping by, I guess…” Aiko said, as Aisu gripped his gut in pain.

Hideki panted lightly, he would have already felt the icy chill on his bones had Aiko not interfered. “I… Right… I’m sorry Aiko.” Hideki didn’t bother staying , god knows he was going to give the place a wide berth in the future…

He had only one more left… he just hoped he could find her before the whole thing crashes around him… Again…

It didn’t take long for Hideki to get to his last stop in his journey, he stood outside the gates of the Uchiha compound and breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a difficult day to say the least, it had it’s ups and down… But finally, he was nearly done. A day for giving thanks, and the guy who had been his friend for the longest time, even despite the gap in class. He owed Yuuki a great deal, and it was about time he should the guy some thanks for it!

Walking towards the gates he noted the distinct lack of care that he was here, yet again, though he could spot a pair of red eyes turning his way, only to turn away to more possible targets. He kept onwards to find his friend, unsure of where he might be he figured to check the gardens or dojo.

Approaching the dojo, he’d hear wooden practice blades clashing against one another. Shortly after, a small shout and crash could be heard. Tsubaki sighed, standing over Yuuki, a wooden sword resting on her shoulder. “Nobu’s let your sword work get sloppy,” crimson eyes glared down at him. “Now get up.”

Yuuki groaned, slowly pushing himself back up and readying a stance. In only a few blows, he was back on the floor. “Gah!”

Hideki took a few steps into the dojo turned his gaze to the young man currently getting a beating with a wooden sword. “As always, ever at work. He’s gonna run himself ragged one of these days.” the guy sighed, staying along the side lines to wait for the end.

“Gotta say, that's why I like shields, some call it cowardly, but there's nothing cowardly when you live through a dance with kabutowari due to it.” he smirked, speaking to himself mostly as he looked over the scene.

“A shield doesn’t mesh well with a style that revolves around iaijutsu,” Tsubaki commented, still blocking an incoming blow without looking. Kicking Yuuki back to the floor, she sighed and turned away. “Take a break for awhile.”

“True.” he noted as he looked over his friend from the distance. “Rough day huh?”

“Something like that,” Yuuki muttered, staring at the ceiling as Tsubaki left. “So what are you doing here?”

Hideki walked over and knelt next to the young man. “Well, special day and all that.” he tossed a box atop of the young man’s chest, smirking abit. “Happy white day bud.”

“Uh…” Yuuki blinked, slowly sitting up to look at the box. “I, uh…” he cleared his throat, looking away. “Can’t… say I knew you... swung that way…”

“...Knew I swung what way?” Hideki rose an eyebrow not fully getting it, he looked so honest, so innocent.

Yuuki gave him an incredulous look, “Y-you know… into… guys…”

Hideki’s brow furrowed. “...Dude I’m not into you. If I was I totally wouldn’t go after you. But no really, what do you mean with his? It’s white day, give gifts to people who did you a solid right? Thankfulness as all that.” hideki waved it off as a dumb joke.

“Oh my god…” Yuuki rubbed his eyes, though was still slightly relieved. “That’s not at all what White Day is.”

“....Yuuki, this ain’t the time to be jokin man…” Hideki suddenly got serious. “...Its a day for thankfulness…. Right?” he became pointed, hoping to god he was correct, a hint of desperation in his words.

“Kinda?” Yuuki gave a frustrated sigh, “It’s when you give a gift to the person you’re dating, not just whoever you feel like.”

“...You mean… So… I… Give Chocolates to.. The one I….” Hideki started to turn pure white, his eyes wide as he remembered all the deliveries before, why Aisu got angry, why Yukari kissed him, why Hotaru’s mother was acting that way.. Actually it’s possible she’d act that way regardless.

“....” Hideki was speechless, staring down to the ground. “...Yuuki… I’ve… I’ve messed up…. Hardcore…”

“....how many boxes did you hand out?”

“...five…”

“To who…?

“...Hotaru…. Nagisa… Yukari...Mai... and Aiko…” he trailed off, growing more and more forelorn. He was a dead man walking, he knew this, hsi death was for certain, nothing could save his skin from the hell he had unleashed.

Another thought occurred to him that caused him to let out a deep breath, shuddering all the while “...Six…. One for… Takara….”

Yuuki was silent for a long while, “You’re definitely screwed.”

“DUDE YOU GOTTA HELP ME! I gotta hide somewhere or, something! At least for awhile, until this whole thing blows over!’ Hideki began to beg his friend, hoping to god Yuuki would aid him in this crisis!

“Like I could save your ass against Lord Hyuuga.” Yuuki stood, “You really dug yourself a deep grave.”

“You don’t think he’d know right? She wouldn’t bring those home and show them off!”

“Skilled byakugan users can see up to 20 kilometers away...”

“Oh god… all those things Hotaru’s mom said…”

“Seriously, how the hell did you not know this!?”

“...I...I….” Hideki continued to slump over, looking more and more defeated. “...I’m.. gonna have to run from the village… I… Can’t stay here any longer…”

“Mmm, to think this would be the great Hideki’s fall. Guess the old man was right about this biting you in the ass.”

“You’re about as helpful as one! UGH… I’m SO DEAD! Shit…. I could explain why but then I’d still be dead. She gave me a kiss, man! The others would kill me anyways! Aiko likely would drive a sword up my ass!”

“It does sound like you’ve gotten into quite the predicament, HIdeki,” a familiar voice called.

Hideki froze… Yes… he knew exactly whose voice that was… Everybody knew, for he was the most powerful and influential ninja in the village. “...Lord.. Hokage…” Hideki stuttered, still frozen in his spot.

“...I’m sorry… It appears I will be disposed of soon…”

Gou chuckled, “It’s been a while since I’ve seen a White Day stir up so much excitement in the village. Ah well, seems you could use some work outside the village.”

Hideki seemed to turn on the spot and bow before the hokage. “I would graciously accept any task you would have need of me! Any!” he proclaimed, desperate to disappear for some time.

“There’s certainly plenty of work to go around, I’m sure I could find a mission for you.”

“I’ll take whatever job you need done, preferably something that takes me far from the village…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back