Side Story: Contractual obligations. - Complete

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hideki did not mean for this to happen.

Sure, he figured he’d try out the summoning contract he acquired as takara was out of the house for abit, just to be acquainted with the beings he’d make his contract with. A little friendly visit type of thing. So, while his roommate/sensei/physical exemplar was out, he decided to get down to it.

The first bit went okay enough, getting the contract was simple, though a tad bit painful due to the whole blood price thing, a thing that Eijuu was quite unhappy about. He was blissfully unaware of the hell he was going to unleash, he imagined the whole thing would pass well enough, just one new ally to make friends with.

What was the worst that could happen?

It appears, on that day, god decided to call him on that thought.

The building, from top to bottom, was filled with fluffy little friendly rabbits, each with different coloration, each seemingly quite happy to raid whatever vegetables were left in the house and ignore the young man’s pleas for them to “Go back and stop chewing things!”

HE had been trying for the better part of an hour or two to get these things to go home, a part he figured he’d spend a slow time learning as he spoke to them, but considering one had stolen the instructions and hidden them somewhere, he had no idea how to send them back…

The young man stood, amidst a flowing sea of fluffy bodies, only thankful he hadn’t opened the doors outside yet…

Which… conveniently happened to open. A familiar, blue haired blue haired figure blinking in confusion at the sheer tidal wave of bunnies that came pouring out of her door. “Uh…. Hideki?” Takara called inside.

“Oh god sensei!” Hideki, looking positively hellish right now. “Their escaping! Get back here you!” he had rushed past Takara, desperately plucking up rabbit after rabbit in a vain attempt at collecting them before they ran off.

He had three in hand, and one that was for some reason on top of his head, as he looked to the woman. “Why didn’t anybody tell me it was gonna be like this!? I thought summoning jutsu only brought out one!”

“It, uh… it does?” She seemed still thoroughly confused by the events playing out before her. If Hideki looked closely, he’d notice a slight flush on her face. “Summoning so many should have knocked you out.”

Hideki looked at her with with utter confusion. “Wait what? Then… Why are there… How can…” he began to question the ludicrous amounts of bunnies. He doesn’t remember much, just summoning the being, a moment of darkness, and suddenly there's fluffy rabbits all over the place.

“But… I… But…” he could not get the words out right, why rabbits? Why so many? This DOESN’T MAKE SENSE!!

“...Sensei how do I unsummon these things?’

“Uh… well... “ Takara sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly in defeat. “I don’t know. I’ve never used the summoning technique before. Never had the chance to learn.”

Hideki could only stare, she had been his only hope. “But… Their all…” he put a hand on her shoulder. “...I… Then… What do we… do with all…? They took the scroll and hid it, I don’t know where the instructions are.” he stated as a couple of rabbits cuddled up around their legs.

“I…” She shifted, rubbing the back of her neck. “I guess you’ll have to find the scroll?” Her gaze shifted to the floor, “I’ve never even been offered a summoning contract before… I… I really don’t know how to deal with such a thing.”

Hideki blinked. “...Umm.. Sensei? Is… Everything okay?” he asked, slightly distracted from the bunny related disaster currently happening throughout the neighborhood’s gardens.

Takara cleared her throat, looking back at him with watery eyes. “Perfectly fine. Think the dander is starting to get to me.”

“Uh… Right… So… Could yea hold onto this one?” he handed over one of the bunnies and began picking up another that had its teeth in a cucumber. “Ugh… maybe the one I summoned made all these? So.. there's maybe a main one, if we talk with it, maybe it knows where the scroll is?

I summoned it so.. Maybe it’ll listen to me? Maybe it’s still inside… Come on, lets go look.” he began stepping over and shuffling through the mass of soft fluffy animals littered all over the place, they seemed to follow him in a weird fuzzy mass…

Despite munching on the pilfered cucumber, the rabbit contentedly snuggled into the jounin’s arms.Takara just quietly followed him through the adorable sea of fluff.

It was like a sea of fluffiness, a the little masses of floppy eared adorableness nearly melted the young man’s heart as each step, it took all of his strength to not slowly lay down and hug the rabbits until he dozed off.

They were everywhere,on the table, in the sink, atop of the fridge, in the fridge, clinging to the ceiling fan, on the window sill on the ceiling. Hell, there were a few that were just cuddled up in a corner and simply snoozing away.

Though upon seeing the cuddling that Takara was giving, or perhaps sensing the effects of… “Dander” upon her many started to flock around her heels.

Continuing the march, hideki kept moving forwards and onwards, until he came to the door of Takara’s room, the sound of chewing and mumbling could be heard inside… “I think I found it.” he said to his sensei whom was currently becoming more and more surrounded by pleading eyes and fluffy… Fluff.

She didn’t reply, if he turned back to look he’d barely be able to spot Takara happily cuddling with a mass of bunnies back in the living room.

Pulling open the door he stepped inside he’ll admit… it was exactly what he expected. A bunch of books that he… Really didn’t want to know of… yet. Alot of crystal jewellry, workout stuff, signs of actual tasteful clothing in the closet, ninja gear. It’s how one might expect it to be really.

Everything, but the gigantic fat rabbit sitting on the floor, reading one of Takara’s books. “‘Bout time yea made it boyo!’ the fat rabbit called to the young man, who stood there dumbfounded. “Was wonderin’ when yea would’ve woken up, thought I hit yea on the noggin a tad bit to hard.” the rabbit said between bits of a comically large carrot.

It took a moment to flip through a page and began snickering. “Hoo boy, if you knew what your teacher was readin, you wouldn’t be living around here I tell yea. Pretty well versed I gots tah say.” the rabbit tossed the book aside, atop of a growing stack nearby.

“I… Umm…” Hideki struggled to find the words. “Where is the scroll.” he snapped back to it.

“Relax, I got it right here.” the rabbit patted the scroll nearby it’s leg. “Yea know kid, you’ve made abit of a name for yerself with the boss yea know. Suprising, considering how fickle…” he trailed off for a second.

“Forget i said that, so when yea were looking for a summoning contract I was sent to… make sure certain yea were set up, if you get me. Yea know, make certain we were the ones to getchyea.” the big rabbit explained, placing the carrot in it’s mouth like a cigar.

Hideki shook his head. “Wait.. What? So you… made certain my contract was with… rabbits?”

“Well, yea, but it’s abit more complicated.”

“More complicated than preventing me from contacting the actual group I was supposed to be with?”

“Yes actually, glad yer on my level.” this only caused Hideki more confusion. He glanced back out of the room and down the hall for some support on this but… well.. Takara appeared to be…

Occupied.

“So… Why… Rabbits?” he asked out flat.

“Well, boss wanted yea, so we got yea. Plus, we got a different little job as well, one bsos really wants us to keep up first and foremost.” the bunny stood up to it’s feet and started waddling over. Hideki got ready for a fight, he didn’t know what the hell was happening anymore, sensei was covered, he was knocked out, there was rabbits everywhere, what else could make this even worse!?

“See, boss, likes yea, and the things that boss likes, well. She don’t like competition yea see.”

“..Comp… Competition?”

“Yea, so… Yer gonna have to… Stop.. Stop damn well flirting with anything thats walking on two legs, ever four legs if yea can help it.”

Hideki was frozen… Just… What the hell did he get himself into.

“What…? I… I’m not flirting with any… Well… i guess I have been pretty bad. But still that’s my business!” he tried to defend himself in this matter, just who was this boss trying to dictate HIS life! It was HIS decision to be flirty now and again, and sure, MAYBE he made a bad call last white day, a bad call he would never forget about.

And SURE! Maybe he was a LITTLE bit too… Quick with his complements.

And MAYBE he could tone it down abit.

But it was HIS life and this boss person surely shouldn’t be able to say how he should live.

“I don’t rightly care what she has to say, this boss of yours has no bearing on me. Just who is your boss anyways?” he asked, the rabbit giving him a sly smirk. “I like yer guts kid, but sadly, i’d tone it down abit. Yea never know who’s watchin’…” the rabbit began to walk past him into the hallway. “Alright everyone, time to head back!” he snapped his fingers(paws???) and the sea of rabbits went up in smoke.

Hideki was only getting more confused. “Answer my question, who is, your boss!” he demanded once more, clenching a fist.

“...Alright kid… But… just stay with my on this, it ain’t gonna be easy for you to take.” the rabbit sighed, facing the young man. And with a quick flourish of his carrot he pointed out a nearby window.

Hideki rose an eyebrow and looked outside, the moon was just rising for the night, the stars sparkled beautiful in the dark backdrop. “...What? I don't’ see anything.”

“Keep lookin.”

Hideki peered at the moon, it was full, looked rather bright tonight really, hell it looked pretty big. You could plainly see it to, all the weird shapes upon it. Hell you could easily see the rabbit to-

The.... Rabbit... In the moon…

Hidek stared at the celestial body in complete and utter confusion. “...The… the moon…?’

“Now yea got it. Alright kid, remember what i said, quit yer damn flirting if yea wana keep yer head.” the rabbit started to get ready to leave.

“Wait what do you mean the moon!? What do you-” and before he could get an answer… the rabbit disappeared within a cloud of smoke…

Hideki was left there, dumbfounded and confused beyond all reason. He simply stared down at the floor the rabbit was, the place showing no signs of the creatures that were there before.

Takara laid on the living room floor, staring at the ceiling. “They… all left,” she quietly murmured, not in the mood to even try and move.

Hideki looked down at his sensei and didn’t even bother to sigh, he was just so tired… But he couldn’t leave sensei there. He walked over and hoisted sensei up, mostly dragging but at least had enough of her to not drag her like a wet sack of potatoes.

He slid her into her room and laid her upon the bed, his eyes turning to the immense moon each time he passed by the window. Once he was certain she wasn’t going to hurt herself, he glanced once into his room, noting the complete lack of blinds, and a big white orb in the sky that only seemed to cause him more discomfort and fear.

He resigned himself to sleep in sensei’s room nearby the door where the moon couldn’t watch him. And, if any more rabbits come, at least he had sensei nearby… For whatever it’s worth right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back