Side Story: A Night to Remember

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
A Night to Remember

Nagisa stood in the middle of her apartment with her hands on her hips. It was the early evening, she had spent most of the afternoon shopping, cleaning and rearranging furniture before finally taking a shower and getting dressed.

Am I really going to do this? she wondered, surveying her handiwork. The floor had been vacuumed, the surfaces wiped down, she had 'borrowed' a folding table from the building's storage and, after cleaning it, pushed it next to her own and covered them both in a tablecloth for more room. Nagisa had borrowed extra chairs from storage as well and bought some cushions to make them a little more comfortable. The two tables, with their simple covering, were covered in dishes and plates laden with various snacks and drinks. There was even a second hand CD player and a hastily assembled collection of CDs. All in all the effect was that of a room prepared for a party.

Really though? This apartment was Nagisa's home, her sanctuary. This was the one place where she could retreat to and not have to deal with anyone's bullshit, where only a few people had ever been allowed in. Was it really a good idea to let a horde of people invadde her one island of privacy?

In all honesty the question was really out of Nagisa's hands. She had already sent out the invites, ordered the food, pawned that weird, flowery sword to pay for all this stuff. The die was pretty well cast. There were nine chunin including Nagisa in her generation. They had gone through the academy together and their first shot at the exams had been shattered at the same time by the mist attack. They didn't always work together, but the assault on the coliseum had involved all of them in some way. And now most of them were going get together in her house. Nagisa wasn't really sure about the Hyuuga, her and Mai seemed pretty close so Nagisa had left that with her but the rest of them had already confirmed.

This was intended to be a celebration of sorts. The mission had been a difficult one but they had all made it out the other side. This wasn't like the Mist invasion, where they had barely managed to stay alive, they had struck a blow against an enemy, rescued their own people and every one of them had done their part to make sure the plan succeeded.

That seemed like something worth celebrating and more importantly, celebrating without their sensei's and families getting involved. This was about the nine of them and nobody else. Since Nagisa was the only person with her own place and since she had swiped the sword that was going to pay for all of it, she had decided to organize it all and then simply invite everybody, timing it so that those who were injured had time to recover first.

Without realizing it Nagisa had started to pace in the middle of her room. After seriously considering calling the whole thing off, now she was a little alarmed to find she was nervous that nobody would turn up...

Ganryu Ganryu
KageYuuki KageYuuki
Orikanyo Orikanyo
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter
Hanarei Hanarei

Katsumi Nonoba

Suddenly, there was a quiet knock at the door. After a few silent moments, the doorknob turned and the brown haired Katsumi stepped inside. In her hands she held a metal circular dish, and they were shaking a little. If one listened carefully, they may hear the sound of of sizzling, like something was pressed against scorching metal.

“N-Nagisa! I made a pie!” Katsumi said with excitement. She hurried to the table that had been set up and set it down between the snacks. She let out a sigh of relief, steam rising from her hands.

“I forgot to put the pie in the oven so I though I was gonna be late after I put it in so I didn’t have time for it to cool of so i brought it here but I forgot to put on those oven mitt thingies and now my hands are all burned up!” Katsumi took a deep breath.

“Do you have any burn cream, before the other people get here? I don’t want anyone to know how foolish I am...” Katsumi gave Nagisa a pathetic smile.

Hideki ukita

Holy shit a party, an actual god damn party.

Not like those shitty get together, or Mai lieing to him to get him out to the training grounds like that last time(Sure he kinda fell for it but he still felt bad) but an actual factual party that he can pull out all the stops for. He was bringing the cake of course, not a cake, but THE cake. It was tough to actually recollect ingredients in time but it was oh so worth every single bit of blood, sweat and tears.

He had to cake sealed away, for freshness and.. so he didn't actually drop it. He also had sealed away was a... well.. A suprise... he just had to find the punch bowl and wait for an opportune time...

Was it bad? kinda, but it was a party so why not go abit wild?

Was it kinda... illegal?

They were ninja, enough said.

That said, best he make his way towards the place, gathering up his stuff and looking casual as ever in his nice jacket(Which he wasn't sure on for some time until his meeting with Hotaru.) he set off towards Nagisa's place after locking up his home, his home, had hadn't been back for awhile now but he felt it was time to leave Takara's place...

Especially after her admittance to thinking he'd defect... what a great sensei...

ignoring that train of thought, he set off to Nagisa's.

it didn't take long for him to get there, hell he was outside the door when he heard hurried voices from inside, well, one at least... He.. can't remember WHO that was. It was feminine, very... Cute sounding... Was it a friend of Nagisa's? Or.. wait... Yuuki had another teammate he'd been neglecting to introduce... Was this her...?

Pausing outside the door he made certain he looked his best, cleared his throat before knocking on the door. "Hey Nagisa! it's me, you in?"

Sei Teshima

Sei looked down at the invitation and then back up at the streets. She didn't go this way very often. The hope was to buy some time by stopping to get a basket of fruit to bring for the host, then follow her classmates to the apartment for the party, but so far she hadn't seen anyone yet. Either everyone else had arrived early or they were just taking their time. To be perfectly honest, she was surprised to even receive an invitation. She hadn't really talked to anyone outside of missions since the academy. Maybe this was her chance to do better.

Finally finding the right building, she made her way to the door, happy to see she wasn't the only one who was just arriving. She nodded to Hideki as she approached. "This is Nagisa's apartment, right?"

Pausing at the door, she shifted the basket a little, careful not to let the oranges spill, and raised her hand to knock.

Nagisa Kanazawa
"Katsumi..." Nagisa didn't finish that sentence, though her expression and a slight sigh probably conveyed as much as words would have anyway. "I think I have something like that in the bathroom, just wait there and I'll-" Nagisa paused in the act of turning around. 'Wait why don't you just heal yourself? If your hands are covered in ointment or something people are going to be more likely to notice not less,"

Just then Nagisa heard a familiar voice outside her door and then a delicate knock for good measure. Leaving Katsumi to ponder her next move Nagisa hurried over and opened the door, revealing HIdeki and...

"Teshima," Nagisa said suddenly, remembering the name at that moment. This was the one she hadn't worked with before, now that they were face to face Nagisa remembered seeing her at the academy but not much more than that. Then there was Hideki. "Hey," Nagisa said, nodding at him, then frowning. "Wait did you two come over together? She glared suspiciously at Hideki. That seemed like something he'd do, even though she'd heard vague rumors about him and Sanada. Or was it him and the Hyuuga girl? Or Yuuki's cousin?

"Anyway," Nagisa said, pulling back from the doorway so that the two of them could actually enter. "Thanks for coming and for the oranges, there should be plenty of room on the table. We're still waiting on a few people but come in and make yourselves comfortable in the mean time, I guess,"

He was about to say hi to Sei when Nagisa ambushed with another round of slander! "What? No of course not, she showed up after I shouted..." he sighed, scratching behind his head as he kreened his neck to peer inside to try and see the other person.

There she was, cute as a button and a beauty to boot, small wonder Yuuki was hiding her from him... Well, so he says in jest at least.

Play it cool man, your that stranger friend of a friend, just gotta play this right... When the angry puppetteer isn't standing before you...

"So, brought the cake like I said. Best we leave it till we're eatting cause it'll stay warm in the scroll, handy thing really. I can see why Yiuki loves them heh." He joked abit, trying his best to put on a casual face before the woman who might kill him soon...

Jeeze just look at that cutie behind her though.. aww... Whats wrong with her hands?

Yuuki Uchiha

Of all the things Yuuki knew Nagisa for, throwing a party certainly wasn't one of them. Normally his teammate preferred to keep to herself, and guarded her apartment fiercely. Hell, she'd even killed a few of Nobushige's clones when they broke in to deliver messages. But she'd invited all of the rookies over, he wasn't going to argue.

He walked with a slight limp still, but his energy was coming back at least. Dark brown eyes watched a man cook a batch of takoyaki with a practiced hand. He and Nagisa had stopped by this little shop more than once after a day of training. If anything, it'd be good for after the party to just unwind. Accepting the box with a slight bow, the Uchiha sealed it in a tag before starting on his way.

It was a short trip to the apartment, even more so with Dance of the Shikigami. A stream of papers fluttered along the walkway, reforming just behind Hideki and Sei. "Hey," Yuuki offered Nagisa a slight smile before nodding down the hall, "Pretty sure those neighbors you're always complaining about are headed up the stairs." Even if it wasn't, they were damn noisy.

"Target acquired. Use of hands... permitted. Time to grab, 6.3 seconds. Three.... two... one..."

A long whistle sounded in the open of the Hidden Leaf by the old district. It was followed by the door to Koma's shop flying open, and Mai body flickering through. A single sentence uttered:

"Hiya Uncle Koko."

In a flash, Yukari would find herself from standing to suddenly being stuffed into a bag and then accelerated to high speeds across the rooftops of the Leaf. Hopefully, she was more fun about it than Hideki was, spoilsport. If not, eh, Mai had done weirder. She could have probably announced she was back in town the normal way, with a letter, maybe stopping by, even via a friend. But none of those would capture the essence that was Mai quite like this.

It was only a few minutes for Mai to make it to Nagisa's apartment. It was a nice place, Mai had never been here before. It took her a moment of wonder before she remembered she had a squirming bag on her back. Bursting through the door, Mai threw it to the ground, announcing triumphantly, "I brought presents!"

Laughing heartily, Mai walked up to the bag, and whistled again. She looked pain for a minute as her chakra levels plummetted, but she then untied the sack with her fingers.

" 'sup Yukari, I'm back in town. Izanami's throwing a party for our class, figured you'd want to come."

Katsumi Nonoba

Katsumi let out an audible gasp at the knock on the door. People were already here! She quickly turned away as soon as the door was opened, using Mystical Palm to heal the burn on her hands. The girl prayed that they wouldn’t try and look at what she’s doing. She wasn’t exactly being sneaky about it, as the glow of her jutsu could be seen emanating even behind her. Her breathijg intensified as she heard the barious footsteps begin to enter the room. Running off to another room would be too suspicious. She had to act natural.

Katsumi turned around displaying an onvious forced smile. “H-hi everybody!” She had her hands behind her back, still healing them.

From within the sack, soft breathing could be heard, the occasional grumble and movement in the sack was seen, up until Mai opened the bag. For within this sack, was not Yukari, no indeed the young woman was on her way to the party herself. Mai, in her haste, did not grab Yukari.

She in fact grabbed Atsuko, who had been sleeping soundly in the store and was all none the wiser that she had been kidnapped, stuffed in a bag, and brought for a very rough ride all the way to Nagisa's appartment. Indeed, there she was, snoring away without a care in the world as she clutched what seemed to be a soft looking stuffed animal.

Instead of waking up with the new world around her, Atsuko simply rolled over and tipped the bag onto it's side.

Hideki had kept his eyes on the young woman inside... Yep.. she was definitely hiding something... She had that face that couldn't hide something to save her life... And the fact her butt was currently glowing didn't help her case.

The young man took a moment to sidestep inside as Mai came crashing into the scene, he'd greet her soon, he didn't wnat a single look at what was in that bag of hers... Lats thing he wanted was another jerky scenario... he forgot all that jerky was in his house... And for so long it really, really, really smelled up the place. Dad's old room smelled like a cow had been slaughtered, hung to dry and heavily salted in it.

He began to approach the odd young woman with a smile, looking about as well as he usually does. "Hey there, I take it your Katsumi eh? i've heard alot about you, but I can't believe i've yet to really meet you. heard you saved Yuuki's life, thanks, glad you were around to save my best buddy!" his eyes kept trailing to the odd glow...

"You.. uhh... Okay? Hiding some glow sticks or something?"

Nagisa Kanazawa
Nagisa gave Yuuki a small wave and a "hey," in return. They hadn't talked to much since that day in the hospital, but Nagisa found herself relieved he was here. "I put up a notice on the bulletin board that I was having people over," she said in response to his warning. "And the manager owes me one, if he tries to shut us down he can fix the washing machine himself next time," Before Nagisa could say anything else the door to her apartment burst open forcefully, revealing a triumphant Mai.

"Sanada...what the fuck?" Nagisa exclaimed tiredly, resting her hands on her hips. "Have you ever actually entered a room like a normal person? and who is..?" The person released from the sack definitely wasn't Yukari, they did look familiar though. Nagisa leaned in closer and then it clicked. It was that weird jonin's daughter, the mouthy one.

"You need to take her back," Nagisa said, with an air of finality. "I'm not running a hotel here, she can't just sleep in my living room. If we're lucky she won't even wake up on the way back. Ideally you'll run into the person you were supposed to bring and you can turn back up with her but I'm not gonna hold my breath," Nagisa finished, then frowned. "And what is 'Izanami supposed to mean?

Mai blinked for a minute.

"What? Yukari was supposed to... Bah. Easy enough mistake when you move as fast as I can. "

She wasn't sure what it was about Nagisa, but sometimes hearing her talk felt kinda like when you were at the dentist, and he hit a nerve by accident, and your whole face went numb and felt like ya got hit by a cattleprod even though it was just an injection needle. That's what her talking sometimes did to Mai.

"Yeah, I'll get her back, meant to bring Yukari, honest mistake. This one ain't even waking up.... not if she stays true to character. But firstly, knock like a normal person? Come on! Which one of us here is a 'normal person': Harem guy; the masochist hero; girl who can punch like a monster truck, great looking desert ya got there by the way!; Hokage's son; one arm girl, or... hey, I don't know ya, Hi I'm Mai!" Mai waved to Sei. "Come on, we're all freaks. But I love all ya guys! Quirks make ya'll fun. Like, we're all chunnin by 14, how many groups can say that? Ain't one of ya I wouldn't fight for, even the ones I don't know that well.

Oh, and you're Izanami cause you kill more people than anyone I've met. Anyways, Imma go return this sack, be right back."

Having insulted everyone she knew casually, Mai reached down to the sack, and faded to black.

She returned to Uncle Koko's store in a flash, dropping the girl off at the front counter and making it look like she fell asleep at the desk, then flickered back to the party.

"Wonder where Yukari is anyways. Ya asked me to bring her, so I tried to. Huh. Want me to pick up anything for the party otherwise, I can be anywhere and back real quick."

Sei Teshima

Sei stayed near the edge of the room, quietly watching everyone. Most of them she hadn't really talked to since the academy, not including the arena mission.

The loud girl--calling herself Mai-- was hard to forget. Sei gave her a slight wave and let her hand drop when Mai vanished. But she'd heard them mention Yukari so maybe she'd get to see her teammate. . . ex-teammate. It was a weird thing to think about. But at least there'd be someone she could talk to. Until then . . .

Mai appeared again.

Sei hesitated before approaching her. "Mai, right? I'm Sei. Yukari and I were teammates for a while." She gave a small smile. "Have you seen her recently? I've tried visiting but I haven't been able to get in."

Ganryu Ganryu

Yuuki Uchiha
"Heh, can always pay those two a visit if they try to start anything." Yuuki stepped inside, noting all the food that was already laid out. "The old man threw in a few extra," he said, pulling a tag from his pocket and offering it to Nagisa. "Can keep them for later if you-" He stopped as the door banged open, turning to see Mai come barreling inside, "....the fuck?" Had she really bagged the Hyuuga and ran all this way?

...No, it was that freak of a jounin's daughter. Who apparently slept like the dead. "Wait..." He looked back at Mai as Nagisa scolded her, "isn't Hyuuga blind now? Bagging someone that's trying to recover from being kidnapped and tortured seems like a horrible idea." He sighed, Mai clearly wasn't listening, arguing with their host instead.

But firstly, knock like a normal person? Come on! Which one of us here is a 'normal person': Harem guy; the masochist hero; girl who can punch like a monster truck, great looking desert ya got there by the way!; Hokage's son; one arm girl..."

"Oh, fuck off, Sanada." Yuuki made no effort to hide the annoyance in his voice. Though just as suddenly as she appeared, Mai was gone. Hideki... how do you even put up with that?" He turned towards Hideki and Katsumi, "...What'd you do this time, Katsumi?"

Yukari
A party... did she really want to go? Yukari found herself debating it the entire time she walked to Koma's shop, Hikari walking close beside her. Roku had insisted she went, having already picked out a violet yukata with light blue flowers for her to wear. The kitsune was sure going would be good for her, help her recover more. Mai was apparently even back in town for this. Probably wouldn't take her very long to pick a fight with Nagisa though. "We're almost there, nyah." Hikari pulled her from her thoughts.

They were barely a block away from Koma's shop when Mai suddenly came tearing out, laughing like the madwoman she was. "What was Mai..."

"Flea-ing with a large sack, nyah..."

Yukari sighed, she was supposed to meet Mai at Koma's and then go to the party. She had a feeling that whatever was in that sack was likely supposed to be her. "Let's... just go to the apartment." It wasn't a very long walk for the pair, Hikari even spotted Mai racing back in the direction of Koma's shop at one point. Must have realized her mistake.

Finally stopping in front of the apartment door, Yukari hesitated a long moment. They were all technically friends, right? Just a little get together to have some fun and relax after everything that had happened.

It'd be fun...

Shaking her head, Yukari lightly knocked.

Katsumi Nonoba

Katsumi flinched, when the plain looking brown haired boy suddenly approached her, asking about glow sticks for some reason. Obvious panic spread across her face, only to go away suddenly when she felt her hands finish healing. She took a step back from him, wary of the stranger.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about, but please don’t get so c-close!” Katsumi said with a tremble in her voice.

She continued to back away from Hideki, before her eyes focused on the peculiar scene of Mai pulling a whole person out of her burlap sack. It was odd, but she was more conerned about Yuuki and Nagisa leaving her out to be preyed upon.

Nagisa
"I just...gah," Nagisa muttered, trying to keep from grinding her teeth as Mai left. Nagisa had promised herself she would try not to start anything tonight, even with Sanada. She had invited these people into her home hadn't she? Surely she had the emotional maturity to get along with them for one night.

Yet here they were, it had been literal seconds after Mai arrived before Nagisa was chewing her out. How the hell did that girl get under her skin like this? And how the hell did she spend who knew how long coming up with a clearly pre planned nickname to come up with something as insulting as 'good at your job' then, in a totally offhand comment, throw out something that felt like a total gut punch.

-one arm girl-

Bitch.

"Ice." Nagisa said, her voice tight and brittle. "We could use more. Ice."

This was technically true, they could use more ice. They didn't need more ice, but if Mai was going to volunteer to get out of her hair for a few brief seconds Nagisa was happy to take her up on it. The brief exchange left Nagisa enough time for a a couple of slow, measured breaths before there was another knock on the door.

"Thanks for coming" Nagisa said to Yukari standing aside to let her in then, after a beat, adding. "Come on in,"

It would be a stretch to say Nagisa thought of Yukari as a friend, they just hadn't spent any time together outside of a few missions. That was enough to confirm that Yukari was good at what she did and not an active drain on Nagisa's sanity like most of her fellow chunin were. So there was respect there at least, and sympathy, Yukari was in a rough spot at the moment.

Nagisa wondered briefly if she should say something about that. When she had lost her arm what would she have wanted someone to say? When she was having to plan her day around the bullshit little tasks that used to be easy as breathing. When she cut her face up falling over and forgetting there wasn't an arm there to break her fall anymore? When she woke up drenched in sweat that her dreaming mind had been certain was her own blood again?

"...Wanna get drunk?" she asked, after thinking about it for a bit more.

KageYuuki KageYuuki
Ganryu Ganryu

Hideki Ukita
While he was about to ask katsumi about.. Why exactly she looked like she was a corner mouse... the young man heard something... One, the voice of Yukari, two, the voice of Nagisa. And in what that second voice contained something he never thought he would hear this night, indeed, she said it. Wasn't she supposed to be the prudish one? no nonesense?

it didn't matter, the young man slipped the scroll from his pocket and handed it to Nagisa. "Don't ask why or how, but I've come prepared." he noted with a smirk. "It's a party, we're technically veterans, chuunin at that, if anybody says we can't drink I'm pretty certain we can take em in a fight. Don't worry i brought the cake to, but.. yea know." he then looked towards Yukari...

His smile wavered a tad. "Hey, it's been awhile Yukari, sorry about not visiting.. Did try getting Mai to tell me where you were so i could visit but she couldn't stop trying to punch my lights out for long enough, business as usual really." he shrugged, trying his bets to avoid any and all talk about her eyesight... She was beautiful as always but...

Fuck he couldn't help but feel his stomach wringe in shame he couldn't help.

"...Huh...? Anybody else smell... Fur?"

Aiko Uchiha

The cold was bad today. Not the weather mind you. Aiko woke up that day in an ice coated blanket. It normally wouldn’t have been a problem, since she could simply avoid people all day. But she had been invited to a party at Nagisa’s home. Apparently most of the chuunin her age would be there as well. She had actually been excited to go too...

—————

There was a knock on the apartment door, before it was slowly opened. Aiko stood in the doorway wearing a big winter coat. Her breath was visible, as if it was cold, but it felt just fine in the room to everyone else.

“Sorry I’m late. This coat make it difficult to move around,” Aiko apoligized, taking a couple stiff steps into Nagisa’s home before shutting the door behind her. She had several layers on beneath her coat as well to help contain all of the frigid cold she was emitting today. It worked well, for he temperature didn’t drop a noticable amount.

“I didn’t miss anything did I?”

Sei Teshima

Failing her first attempt at socializing, Sei retreated to the table of food. It was her own fault. She'd given herself excuses not to hang out with the others during their time at the academy and she was paying for it now. Maybe she'd have better luck after a quick snack?

She gathered a few things and hung back against the wall. Parties were never really her thing.

When Yukari arrived, Sei couldn't help but sigh in relief. Finally, someone she knew. She offered a small wave but the others quickly gathered around Yukari. Sei moved forward too, waiting for the others to finish their greetings before closing the gap.

"It's good to see you," she wondered if she still sounded too formal towards her old teammate, "did you get the packages I sent you?" It hadn't been much, a few flowers, some sweets, and a tin of homemade tea meant for soothing and sleep. A sad attempt at an apology and an extended hand of friendship, but Sei wasn't sure how it would be met.

And then came the announcement of getting drunk and Sei considered slipping back to her spot along the wall. Parties really weren't her thing.

KageYuuki KageYuuki

Yukari

Yukari wondered how many were there so far as she struggled to get a feel for her new surroundings on sound alone. "Thanks for inviting me," it was an almost automatic response to Nagisa's thanks. It was only polite, not to mention the chuunin had really gone out of her way for this party. Even more so given how much she kept to herself.

She paused at Nagisa's question, tilting her head slightly. After everything that had happened to her in the past month, it was a very tempting offer. A slight chuckle, "fuck it, why not?" Sometimes, you just had to say 'screw it' and do something.

"Hey Hideki," Yukari shrugged slightly, "It's alright, I'm... a little hard to track down right now." There was no sense in dragging the mood down with clan politics. Could it really even be considered politics though?

Hikari gave a low hiss, swatting at Hideki's shin, "Got a problem with fur, nyah?"

A familiar voice caught Yukari's attention, one she admittedly wasn't expecting to hear. "Packages?" So much for not really having to bring up her current family situation, "I don't... live with the clan, so... no, I'm afraid I didn't."

Yuuki Uchiha
Yuuki, meanwhile, sat back and watched things play out. He'd admit, he certainly hadn't expected the Hyuuga to show up. Mai's attempted kidnapping notwithstanding. He couldn't help but groan and rub his eyes when Sei waved to their blind guest. She was Yukari's teammate, wasn't she? She of all people should have known her current predicament.

"Hideki, when you asked for those sealing scrolls I can't say this is what I expected you to use them for..." Yuuki said finally with a slight sigh. While it was an attempt, he'd admit it wasn't the best way to draw attention from the sudden tension in the atmosphere.

He nodded to Aiko when she walked in, "Outside of Sanada's usual nonsense? Not really."

Hideki Ukita

The young man didn't back away from the paw swipe, in fact, it was only due to it did he realize that the cat was here. as such, he wasted no time scooping up Hikari into his arms, plucking her up from her middle causing the cat to stretch as they usually do, like picking up a slinky from the middle. Now cuddling the cat, looking about as happy as can be with the fluffy little thing, he eyed the two. "So? lets get to it, what should we do first? Not like we got a plan. Lets get drunk and start doing stupid shit." the young man motioned to the scroll and looked to Yukari.

"Glad to see your out and about Yukari, was worried, but we're here to lets have some fun eh? Has your sensei been treating yea well? Don't tell me the guy is still sending yea out doing crazy shit?"

He paused and stared at Aiko in confusion, then understanding, then he began to snicker.

"Looking abit chilly there Aiko, abit to early to prepare for winter eh?"

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy KageYuuki KageYuuki

Nagisa Kanazawa
"You're just in time actually, Nagisa said, giving Aiko a small wave before setting Hideki's scroll on the table and unsealing it. There was the expected puff of smoke then all of a sudden the empty space was occupied by a small bounty of alcoholic beverages. There was a couple of six packs of Phoenix Lager and a large bottle of cheap sake.

"So apparently there's this thing where you add a shot of sake to beer," Nagisa said, studying the assortment carefully then fetching a stack of paper cups. "I don't really have a proper sake set or anything so we might as well just do that," Nagisa didn't actually know all that much about alcohol. Tsuchinoko used to drink a lot but he tended to drink whatever he bought immediately so all she had ever figured out was that it smelled foul and made him even more annoying then usual. The part about mixing beer and sake Nagisa had just overheard on a mission.

Nagisa cracked open some cans of beer and divided them up between the row of plastic caps then unscrewed the cap on the sake. How much is a shot exactly?.. Nagisa wondered, adding a generous dash of the clear liquid to each cup then handing them out to everyone who was willing to take one, keeping one for herself.

Nagisa took an experimental sniff from her cup and then recoiled. Maybe her tastes had yet to mature, because the curious mixture still smelled pretty foul to her. Nagisa didn't really want to be the first one to try this, on the other hand she got the feeling if she didn't most of them would end up chickening out so after steeling her nerve Nagisa brought the cup to her lips and drank.

Katsumi Nonoba
Bad Decisions

A sigh of relief escaped Katsumi’s lips as Hideki turned his attention somewhere else. As much as Katsumi regretting coming to put herself in such a stressful situation that required her to try and not make a fool of herself, it was a rare chance for her to hang out with her only two friends! The idea of making more friends didn’t even cross her mind.

Suddenly, it was revealed. The alcohol. Katsumi had never once tasted it before. She was always told never to touch the stuff, and that she’d end up a drunk on the street! Of course, Katsumi knew better than that now, and she knew exactly how alocohol affected the body, but knowing was different than experiencing. Her old foster parents would throw a fit if they knew what she witnessing.

Katsumi was about to reject the offer of getting a little tipsy, before she saw Nagisa take up a cup and drink some. Katsumi watched Nagisa’s fave scrunch up a bit. Did it taste foul? Whatever the case, Nagisa didn’t seem too worried about the favt that they were too young to be drinking alcohol. Maybe someone gave them permission? Where did the boy even get the alcohol from in the first place?

Countless wuestions raced through Katsumi’s head as she slowly reached down to the table and picked up ine of the cups of sake, the same kind Nagisa had taken. If it tasted foul, the best way to get oast that was to drink it all down quickly. Before Katsumi could second-guess herself, she quickly turned the cup bottoms up, and downed the sake in an instant.

It tasted better than she expected. The hospital had worse tasting medicines. Katsumi looked over at Nagisa, as if looking for some sort of confirmation or approval. She was at a party doing bad things, just like stereotypical kids her age do.

“W-we shouldn’t be drinking...” Katsumi mumbled, knowing it was too late now. She had already jumped too far in.

Sei Teshima

Not staying at the clan's house? Sei hoped that didn't mean what she thought it did. Maybe not all of her distaste for the Hyuggas was misplaced. I guess she's staying with Mai or Koma, then? "Oh . . . Well, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to come by."

Sei shifted when the alcohol was offered to her. Her grandmother wouldn't approve. Taking a cup, she sipped it, surprised at the bitterness and heat spreading through her mouth and throat. It wasn't bad. . . not that she had much experience with alcohol other than medicinal purposes.

She smiled a little when Katsumi voiced the same concern she had. "One or two shouldn't hurt as long as we're careful." She held out her hand to the girl. "I'm Sei. Nice to meet you." She swirled her glass, not too keen on taking another sip but not sure what else to do with it. "We may have to keep an eye on how much the rest of them drink." Hopefully it would be taken as a joke. Sei glanced at Yukari, trying to read her reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread