• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Siblings shouldn't do this type of thing

Sleeperson

Warrior of the tired ones.
Step siblings move in together, one isn't too thrilled about it and the other is, how will they react over it all?

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. Rosette couldn't help but wrinkle up her nose and sneer at the ceremony in front of her. Over all the girl was horribly offended just from such a thing. It had barely been six months since her fathers death and now her mother was already remarrying another man? One word rang out in her mind from it. Gold digger. Of course the man she was marrying was rich, why should the pale female have expected anything less? Her mother would have never messed around with any broke man, she was too expensive, her lifestyle was too lavish. She needed someone to support her, of course Marie could have always relied upon her daughter to do that, but what a shame that would be to her. So instead she went out and played the rich widow and scored herself another rich man. Rosette doubted that she even loved this man like she had loved her father. None the less, they both had appearances to hold up, so here they all were at the alter, at a boring ceremony that no one carried about her, her mother, her new stepfather and her new augh, brother. What the ebony haired female would do for a drink right now.

Rosette hadn't even had a chance to introduce herself or get to know any of them to deem them acceptable to be part of their family before her mother had decided to do this. Dressed herself up to be the perfect bride just to save her secure future. Hearing the vows the female sighed and crossed one leg over the other. She had refused to stand in the wedding, she didn't agree with it and it had not received her blessing so she would not participate in it. The girl would swear up and down that this marriage would never last that her mothers new husband would figure out what was going on soon enough and dump her mother like yesterdays trash. Good, the traitor deserved it. As every one stood up and clapped a frown merely crossed the girls face, lies, lies and bullshit. All of it. Everyone here knew that this wedding was for nothing more than image, a business opportunity waiting to happen. She would show no happiness in such a thing. Standing up the girl smoothed her pastel pink dress out and then walked down the isle to leave, she was to be at the reception that was true but that didn't mean she had to ride there with her new faux family.

Mika hates weddings.

He doesn't get the gist of it. What's the point of saying, "I do," in front of the altar, when the marriage wouldn't even last? He's not completely sure about the divorce rate these days, but he knows that it's fairly high. The worst part about all of this is the bawling. There's a woman behind him who keeps on wailing her tears. The person beside her keeps on soothing her back, but the crying only becomes harder. A sharp tug of pain enters his brain when the noise whirs loudly, forcing the crowd to glance back. Mika feels his face getting hot, and he pointedly avoids to be seen.

Really, though. What the fuck.

He breathes a sigh of relief when the ceremony is finally over. He follows the newly weds to the limousine, where the relatives would be taken a ride to the reception area. His father smiles at him. It's the first time he's seen his father happy in so long. He just doesn't have a good feeling about it. His dad drapes an arm across his shoulders and pulls him against his chest. He's about to say something when his bride comes over.

"Oh, darling," he says. "Where's Rosette?"

Rosette is his new stepsister. But it seems that she hates him even before she actually knew him. Mika presses a finger to his temple. It's going to be a long day.

If there was one thing in the world Rosette actually liked, it was her car. The girl held a deep love for her car and most other automobiles. They were so much better than humans. They kept you warm when you needed them, they could give you Wifi if you wanted it, and they took you where you wanted to go without question. Cars were a gift from the heavens, or Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot but that wasn't to be brought up at the moment.Instead she would just drink in the sweet cool air from her air conditioner and the silence of her car as she sped miles and miles away from that horrid wedding. She would let those pathetic beings rot in their own sugars, and she would be back eventually like a dentist when it all fell apart and they needed the tooth pulled. Of course the tooth being pulled was them signing divorce papers. Though that might take some time and there would be alcohol at the reception and that was always a tempting favor to the sixteen year old. Leaning over the seat she smiled at the man driving her car.

Okay, so there might be one person in the world she didn't mind and almost liked as much as cars and that was her dearly beloved butler.He had been her fathers right hand man and always seemed to know what was on her mind. Just as he did now."You know you can't run from your problems forever Miss Baudin." My what a plucky man, she loved it. "Who ever said I was running dear Claude. I am merely taking a breather for the long race that is a head, now please set route for my mothers reception. I do have an appearance I must uphold after all." A small smirk came to her face, it was all about appearance, if anything her mother had taught her that. Seeing the butler, lift his brows at his heiress' words he often found himself wondering what exactly she was up to. He wouldn't push it past her to poison everyone at this wedding for her own amusement but of course that would look bad on her so it instantly crossed that out. Maybe just the groom then? Unlikely but still possible. None the less the older gentleman set route for said reception while the girl sat back and mused .

When they get to the reception area, which is actually placed at the back of his father's mansion, Mika wants to hide. The guests are practically hovering over him like hawks. Everyone's asking about the living arrangements, how he feels about the new bride (he doesn't like her all that much, but he doesn't dwell on it, either), and how the family is doing. What family are they talking about? His mom is probably ogling over another rich man, or crying her eyes out. He doesn't have any other siblings, except the one who positively hates him. If they want to know about his family, he might as well adopt his own dog. Now, that he's going to have answer for. But right now, there isn't much he can say.

They will live in his father's mansion and share the wealth. His stepmom will lounge around the house, replacing the spots and crevices the previous one has left. And his new sister - well, he doubts they're going to have some bonding time. Does she even like movies? Or video games? Or books? Does she like anything? He bets she likes to smoke. She just seems like the type who does, but then again his first impression of her isn't all that good.

Another relative starts to walk toward him when he rolls his eyes and ducks out of the way. "Dammit," he grumbles under his breath. "I'm going to die before this is all over." Which won't be any time soon.

The car ride was short simple and sweet as tea, and oh how did Rosette love her tea. As the car slowed down any pleasant look upon the females face melted off into her normal scowl. When the car stopped she was just as disgusted as she was when she got in the car. Did she really have to do this? She could almost hear her father saying yes in the distance somewhere. Taking a nice deep breath the short haired girl opened the car door to step out. Already she could feel the vibrations of annoyance just seep and soak into her skin. Someone here was already acting like an idiot, and by someone she meant most of the party goers. Turning around she popped her head back into the car. "Claude, I will return shortly. I will call for you when the time comes. " Hearing a 'Yes m'lady.' From the servant before she shut the door the girl nodded and turned to look at the party.

Really she should get a drink and mingle around her lesser peers, just for business opportunity sake. So the slim girl went in, she did as all business women must in social situations. She bit her tongue and batted her eyes at all the business men. Make them melt under you and you would stand on top of the world, never let them into your heart though, they would destroy you. Perhaps she had been watching too many movies again. It seemed to be working because the sixteen year old did turn some heads.

Soon enough she got bored and decided to get a drink. No one paid much attention to her aside from ogling about how she did or did look or to whisper something about her being the daughter. No one liked to talk to her because she didn't like to talk to them unless it was business, she made that very apparent. Settling down at a table with her drink Rosette sip on it with a disdain for the flavor and glanced around.Already she had spotted her mother, drunk and disgusting as ever, how disgraceful.

There's something about this occasion that makes him uncomfortable, like the perfect motion picture is about to turn into a crappy comedy movie.

First, it's the amount of people. Mika can't believe his dad knows so many people. No, actually erase that. He knows that fully well; ranging from his business partners to his faithful clients, he has a pretty long guest list. But join that with the bride's acquaintances, and they've practically created a mob. Sure, they're dressed nicely - men are wearing black suits, their hair slicked back; and the women are graceful and swan-like in their casual Sunday dresses, their hair pulled back to reveal their faces. But the wine glasses are decreasing at an incredible rate. Not to mention the bottles of wine slowly disappearing from the table . . .

Second, it's the look on his father's face, like he's expecting something horrid to crawl out of the garden. Maybe if an ogre had sprouted from the blades of grass, the wedding reception would be ruined, and they'd have an erratic divorce. That will force his father to wallow himself back into his sphere of depression, long bad nights, and endless supplies of wine. He will replace the scars Mika's mother had left on his skin with new women. Just like this one. Only less crazy . . . Because Mika honestly thinks that the new bride is stealing everyone's glances.

"Mika," his father calls, urgency evident in his voice. "Your mother is behaving erratically."

"I'm aware of that." Mika licks his lips. "Are you not going to save your new bride?"

His father shakes his head. His forehead wrinkles in worry. "I'm afraid I still have guests to tend to." He hesitates. "You don't mind doing that for me, do you?"

Mika does mind, actually, because that task would require him to drive his new stepmother away from the center stage. And that would mean that he'd have to endure the stares for seconds, maybe even minutes. But the desperate look on his father's face is what overwhelms him. "Fine," he huffs. "I'll go do it, then."

He stomps silently toward his new mother, trying to hide the look of disgust on his face. His eyes are narrowed in annoyance, his lips pursed tight. He gently grabs his new mother's arm, wanting to steer her away from the crowd. "Um," Mika tries, "excuse me. Father is asking for you."

Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back