• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shrinekeeper (OPEN)

What kind of species would you like to be in the roleplay/want to play?

• Centaur/Satyr

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Siren

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Nekomata

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Changeling

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Harpy

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Shibe

I got some good memes
(Hello all! I apologize for the lack of bbcode, I wanted this post to be mobile friendly. The character sheet page, ooc, info, and other tabs will contain bbcode later on though.)

“Long, long ago, before our current time, the human race was vast and far more advanced than one could imagine. They lived in tall prisims that were so enormous the structures kissed the tops of clouds. But humans back then were much more jealous, greedy, and paranoid. Their race bared so much power, yet they always wanted more. This ultimately lead to their own demise...a thousand years ago, a massive war occurred. Humans fell back on weapons of destruction, and turned against each other. It began and ended in a matter of moments, the earth was quiet once more and very little articifacts remained of the human race. The few humans that survived split off into two groups, one that wished to live simply and in peace, and the other slaughtered and pillaged for survival...”. -Unknown

A thousand years ago, a great nuclear event occurred and practically wiped out most of humanity. The few remaining either evolved and adapted to become different, yet still humanoid species, or changed very little from their ancestors. Humans now live in a time that could resemble that of the Middle Ages, except with much less cruelty, and with a few futuristic technologies that managed to stay intact during the war. Such as laser technology, advanced medicine technology, and a type of communicative technology used through the medium of crystals.

Delves is a region inhabited by a peaceful population of humans, with soft rolling hills, serene lakes, and a sharp mountain range. Many of the humans live near the city of Rioan, seeking the protection of the royal family. The royal family has a strange set of powers in which they use in order to keep the humans safe that live in the region they rule. But recently a threat has been drawing closer from the region of Kipaia, a craggy, canyon-like and swelteringly hot place. A group of humans, known as the Vicua Clan, that reside in the region seek to conquer more territory and quench their bloodlust with the lives of the innocent. Not only do they wish to wipe out the entirety of Delves, but the regions that surround it as well.

This RP will be a fantasy style RP, and contains world building as well. Your character can be anything you wish it to be, whether human or of an other species, you also get to name what region or area it originates from. Magic will also be included in this Rp. Our setting will begin at a meeting in the city of Rioan that involves the royal family and ambassadors/leaders/champions/etc. of the various races will come to meet and form a plan to take down the Vicua Clan. Do you have what it takes to save your kind?

The only rules for this RP is no godmodding or overpowering characters, be somewhat realistic, a paragraph post minimum, and please be kind to others

Down below is a set of roles available, if interested, be sure to message me!
(MOST NEEDED ROLES)
Royal Family

•King of Rioan-Ruler of Rioan, controls the royal army and oversees the protection of the borders of the region. Also gives orders of war if needed. (1 available)

•Queen of Rioan- Second ruler of Rioan, is considered equal to her partner. Oversees the economy and trade of the region, often makes trade deals with other regions.(1 available)

•Prince of Rioan- Heir to Rioan, like his sister(s) he is well educated as well, has knowledge of hunting and of the land itself. He is often assigned to travel about the region to various villages to check on the citizens. (2 available)

•Princess of Rioan- Heiress to Rioan, raised well educated and trained in battle. She can also aid her father in decisions of war.(2 available)

Royal Guard

•Head of Royal Guard (Taken S Shibe )

•General (1 available, 1 Taken) - Elite soldiers assigned in formatting battle plans or patrols, are considered equal roles to the head of the guard

•Soldier/Guard (Unlimited available)- Highly trained and deadly in close combat, whether assigned to the battle field or to guard the royal palace.

Other Species Roles

•Ambassador/Chief/Champion of your own species (4 taken, 1 more available)- A representative of a species of your own choosing.

(OPTIONAL OR SUGGESTION ROLES)

• Traveler (Unlimited available)

•Soldier (Unlimited available)

•Civillian (Unlimited available)

Other roles (Human or Other species)

•Hunter (Unlimited available)

•Criminal (Unlimited available)

•Civillain/ Villager (Unlimited available)

•Vicua Clan Member (Unlimited available)

•Other (Unlimited available)

Be sure to message me if you have any questions! I’ll be more than happy to answer them, more information will be up soon!

UPDATE!: Lore page is now available! The map should be up shortly.

Fantasy - Shrinekeeper Lore

Fantasy - Shrinekeeper CS

Fantasy - Shrinekeeper Main RP

Fantasy - Shrinekeeper OOC

Last edited:
hmmmmm, maybe!! though as a long term rp-er there would be a few things I can suggest for a more stable and long term plan for this? :3

Please do share your plans! I love long-term roleplays. This makes me excited.
will tommorow if ya remind me haha, please, it's pretty late I don't wanna forget XD

Also, a little announcement,

A lore page with more information on the royal family, region, economy, and technology should be up by 10:00 P.M E.S.T tonight. As well as a map of the region that shows were cities and villages are located as well, as players create regions during the RP, they will be added to the map as well. Thank you!

Okay, so first of all in my experience free reign over series creation hardly ever works well, the best way I could see would be either create an extra age to take suggestions and choose a few suggestions or create a poll of some of the more standard creatures you'd think would work well in the setting and have people select from a long list, that way lore is easier to work in along with less risk of godmodding, unfair advantages, drastic differences in characters as a whole and of course the endless fine tuning that comes with originally made ones, it also helps add an easier aspect for those that may be overwhelmed by too many decisions. It also helps the world keep a relative flow and more simplistic to understand.

As for all the roles maybe cutting a few down or listing which ones NEED/SHOULD be filled versus those that are more optional or just there as suggestions, having a format or even simplistic become separation on them could also help in simplifying viewing. Even adding a brief description as a guide line can help inspire people if given in a cage aspect.

Tying in rather than bbcodes for the overall thread just a couple simple changes of font, bolding, underlining, colour or even size can help break up and make reading and section reading much much easier for those quickly scanning the interest check therefore gaining more players, particularly the more detailed players like things to be organised to know if it's something they want to commit 100% as they often spend hours on their characters and posts to perfect them which is understood, not saying this applies to all and especially a lack of too fancy of a become can help encourage newer members who maybe aren't as sure of their writing abilities to give it a go and improve! after all practice is never a bad thing in line roleplay.

As for a more final point some vague image 'ideas' can aid in attracting attention, something that can briefly describe the look and feel of what you're going for without a long paragraph of words or even just to get people excited when clicking in!

I think that's most of what I can say at the moment haha "^w^ :3 sorry if it sounds mean I really hope it doesn't I just think this idea is amazing and really ant it to go well! Along with that asking wether players would prefer a discord ooc or an on site thread ooc is always a good idea as the former allows quicker and more fluid discussion but on here keeps it more organised and professional. //>w<b XD

Kipsy Kipsy

S Shibe

Oh no, I didn’t think it was mean at all! Suggestions and constructive critisism is more than welcome here! :3 I will gladly take your suggestions in mind.

I usually do try to put in some bbcode, but I do think I should definitely polish up my skills with it. I’ve always wanted to make something really appealing to the eye! <3

I love these ideas.
Might I add one more?

Personally, I love the concept of an open world. The overlapping plots and character arcs are so fun to mess with. But we do have to get to them. I find timeskips are very important to keep things going so that the rp never dries out. Just something to consider once we get this started. ^^

I agree with that as well, there can be a couple of times when timeskips are quite handy and can keep the story still interesting and engaging!

You took this idea from the Shannara series, didn't you?

You little Final Fantasy lover, you. :o)

Anyways, I would love to join. However... I like my characters to contain at least SOME human traits. Well, humanities.
..Well, not exactly... hold on...

Alright. To be completely honest with you, I prefer either complete humans, or dhampirs. (half human half vampire) I do have an idea if I go with a dhampir to how that happened exactly, but... its a vague one.

Still, it's your RP. Stamp your approval, or shoot me down. Just, if you shoot me down, gimme time to grab the parachute.

I’ve actually never heard of the Shannara series, my inspiration surprisingly came from Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. But that’s okay though, lol. And I will certainly allow you to play as a human or a dhampir, I think it would be quite interesting to be honest! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back