Other Should I leave RPN?

Vorkaysus

The Crusader
For a while now i've been here but i've gotten very few partners over the 2 years on here. partners eventually begin to ignore me or get busy or even just say I made one mistake, and, instead of even trying to tell me or discuss that they don't like some things, they go on ahead and basically pull a jerk move and walk out on me. I try very hard to make the best RPs I can, i've made multiple worlds, vast stories, and tried to make them as fun as possible and fit all the things they ask for and change for them, going so far as to bend over backwards, and asked for very little in return. But nobody has been looking into my ideas and liking them or taking an interest, or they simply just say 'oh, i'll respond' and days later I'm still waiting, patiently asking where they are and they give the same response. So, finally, after 6 years of roleplaying online, trying to make the best out of things, for the first time ever, i'm actually turned off and am beginning to genuinely not want to RP. So, I'm in a befuddle. I've got nobody to say goodbye to, since, well, nobody responds anymore... So I may as well post a thing here. I'm not going to bump it or anything, just want to say some goodbyes, and maybe, just maybe, meet one or two people i used to RP with before the responses stopped. I always enjoyed this. And I may stay, but honestly I'm tired of trying really hard on these sorts of things and waiting for days on end to come to a stop of realizing nobody is interested.

Everyone has these struggles with online roleplaying. It's sad to say that it can be rare for a roleplay to finish because there are so many factors that could happen; sickness, injury, disagreement, lost interest, work, school, and so on. I noticed you had started a group RP and even gathered players, but then did nothing more after that once all the slots were filled. Perhaps you yourself got busy and were unable to continue and thus the RP ended before it even began.

Just consider this a slump. Slumps can last either short-term or long-term, it all depends on your dedication. Maybe just take a break. Read a few books, do some things you've put off, then when you're ready come back and try again. You may also just want to try something different that doesn't require as much dedication as the more elaborate RPs and maybe jump into some Quest RPs or even making your own. It's a way to get a story told with some player interaction, but doesn't require dedicated players to continue the story as they can freely come and go.

Sounds like you need to take a break friend. It is summer though, so maybe you will have some luck in getting a committed partner. Other than that, you can only hope you'll find a true faithful partner :) .

I just came back to role playing so I understand that you become disheartened after so many failed rp’s, especially when you put a lot of time and effort into. You could always take a break? Absence does make the heart grow fonder. At least, sometimes it does.

What did you expect? The internet is a cesspool of egotism. Add to that an entire generation of people who have been raised thinking they're the center of the world, getting everything they point at, and never being told 'no'.

What did you expect? The internet is a cesspool of egotism. Add to that an entire generation of people who have been raised thinking they're the center of the world, getting everything they point at, and never being told 'no'.
Pretty much what I was telling my little sister yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back