• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy SHONEN BANSHO: A season-based anime rp

SAIGO-NO-HEATS

A drifter, returned
STOP!

What I present before you here today is not a yet fully fleshed world of colorful prose, but rather a loose but conjoining set of ideas that will form the skeleton of the body we'll hopefully build together. With that out of the way, I present my idea-

Shonen Bansho aims to be a "seasonal" RP that takes ques from the many various shonen anime that used to/currently plague brighten our lives. Your Narutos, DBZs, Bleachs, One Pieces, you get the picture. Colorfully named over the top special moves, powerful transformations, and endlessly power-scaling villains all of our own design will all fill a world whose history will probably fill out to be a patchwork of crazy bullshit before the end of the first arc.

"So what the hell does he mean by seasonal?"- 

Simply put it's a fancy name for a simple concept, rather than mashing the story together in a single loosely connected thread, each "season" will effectively be a short story, each featuring our growing heroes battling a new and unique set of villians from a range of backgrounds. This will (ideally) help the story feel like its actually going some where, as villains die off and heroes get stronger each season as they become able to access more powers. 

And now, a list of idea bullet points

1. Characters will have limited power pools, that will become less limited as time goes one. In season 1, heroes will only have 2 powers fleshed out and an untapped slot (Represented by a '?' on the character sheet until the power is revealed, effectively these will allow characters to just make something up when the situation arises. Think the dramatic reveal of a new power or transformation mid battle) The main villain will have 3 powers and 2 untapped slots, and Underlings will have 2 powers at most and no hidden abilities. Each season will add more untapped slots so in season 2 Heroes will have 3 powers and 2 untapped slots, Villain will have 5 powers and 2 untapped, and underlings will have 2 or 3 depending. Each season will continue the trend and old powers that become obsolete for whatever reason will be able to be replaced in between seasons. 

2. In the lead up to each season I will spin the mythical "Wheel of Threats" which will decide the theme of the antagonists for that season. They'll be pretty general, Aliens, Demons, Machines, etc in hopes of giving some leeway. Once the theme is decided the doors will be open for villain submissions. The best submission of the season will be selected as the main antagonist, though other good submissions will be offered the opportunity to act as underlings, less powerful villains that will primarily act as one off fights to show off powers, but particularly well acted underlings may get the chance to usurp the title of main villain if said character isn't pulling his weight. 

OF NOTE: Villains and underlings are intended to be at least mostly dead by the end of the season. Underlings will usually only get 1 good fight while main villains will usually get a few chances to pummel the good guys, but ultimately barring certain circumstances everyone explodes before season's end. However popular and well performed villains may get an encore performance, returning for revenge in a later storyline or at least appearing as an underling to a much more powerful foe, and JUST MAYBE even switching sides to become a hero. But yeah, if you plan on being the villain, be prepared to die.

3. Some purely cosmetic stuff will be thrown in if it seems cool. First thing that comes to mind is that in the lead up to each season I'll open a board for suggestions on the OP for the season. Best one/most liked will be posted above the opening post of each season.

4. Decent effort in posts will be expected and maintained. I'm not a grammar nazi, especially as I'm not so learned in the ways of the word as some others, but posts that are too short, or that contain constant, egregious spelling errors are serious red flags and may prompt a discussion. That being said, I don't want to drive away anyone who genuinely wants to improve their writing. I still have a long way to go myself and I'd like to help others if I can. So if you're interested but not sure you've got the skills still feel free to apply, the worst that'll happen is that I or another mod will message you about what needs to be fixed and some pointers on what might help.

IN any case, that's all I got for tonight. If your interested, got questions or ideas, just say so below. If not then, like, don't, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like it's going to be a beautiful mess. Love it already. Would be very happy to take part in this.

OH! MAH! GAHD! A stupid anime based RP with seasonal story lines, over the top powers and flamboyant villains?!?!

*Promptly goes super saiyan* 

COUNT ME IIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!

Yes please! Sign me

UUUUUUUYUUUYYUUUP!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, lemme get this straight. Episodic RPing of randomosity and loose story plot with guaranteed explosions, carnage, mayhem, and the power of friendship?! Heck yes, I think I'm sold XD

Appears in a puff of smoke in a Anbu black opps uniform- ahh a shonen adventure? Seems like this will be the time for hero's and villains alike to appear and make there debute

ooo this is a cool idea.  You my interest, though if you have any other information about this roleplay please let us know (like setting and stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back