• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shonen anime-inspired city RP.

Thesmashbro

Filthy Casual
I want to start up a RP that takes place in a modern city. I don't have much of a plot set up yet, but I want the RP to be character-based. The way I'm going to set up the characters, you can choose any power(s) you can imagine and they can be as strong or weak as you want. Just know that if you make your character super-powerful, your weakness will be even more crippling if you decide to turn on the other PCs.

The setting is as follows:

Out of 100,000 people, it is said that only one of them has the "gift." These "gifted" have developed special abilities, or powers, that allow them to accomplish superhuman feats. While there have been reports of criminal activity by these Gifted, law enforcers have also assigned Gifted to stop these criminals. As such, Gifted are always treated as armed, but not always dangerous.

Estimated population : 8,406,000

Estimated Gifted population: 84
I'd really like to try a RP like this and I could use help with the plot.

All right. I'm going to start making the thread tomorrow. If anyone else is interested, post so I know to tag you when the thread is up.

Until then, does anyone want to suggest something for the RP (plots, factions, etc)?

I was considering joining, but didn't know if this would die at the start or not. Seeing as everyone seems excited about it, I'll join in as well :D

I'm bad at ideas, but i think that like there should be 2 or 3 gangs with the criminal Gifted, and then the Gifted that are good are obviously with the police force.

And like each gang could have it own areas.

or they could each have their own crimes.

Like one gang robs people and banks and stuff

While the other does assassinations and kill people.

(Or you can combine the two gangs into one)

And then maybe a third(or second) gang could claim they're doing it for the good. Only killing people and robbing people from the other two gangs, but non the less still committing a crime by killing them and such.

And the Gifted with the police are trying to find and arrested people from all three gangs.

IDK

Im just throwing out ideas and i'm sorry if they're sucky.

Based on your description we need at least one gang of Gifted misusing their powers and a police force. Our characters can start out as neutral and either decide to help the police or the gang. Though I don't have much of a fleshed out idea. Though it might be interesting if there are some gifted in the police ranks (maybe as an OC).

There is actually a whole lot of cool things this RP could do and lots of room for it to expand....I LOVE IT *W*

shadowdude505 said:
Based on your description we need at least one gang of Gifted misusing their powers and a police force. Our characters can start out as neutral and either decide to help the police or the gang. Though I don't have much of a fleshed out idea. Though it might be interesting if there are some gifted in the police ranks (maybe as an OC).
I can see the police forcing a few gifted if they didn't volunteer to help them. If they were to do that, they would have some type of tracking system to monitor their gifted to see if they misuse their gift and would probably keep them on police grounds, either a safe house or within the building underground. Then their would be the secrete gifted within the police ranks who would make it easier for the ones they have forced into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back