Chitchat Shibe’s Existential Discussion

We either kill ourselves or let nature do it for us.

Or we somehow manage to advance to the point of reaching a technological singularity. Until then, I'm still waiting for genetically engineered cat girls.

Very good predictions my friends! I’m very happy this thread is getting quite a lot of attention! <3

What? 🤣
We will DEFINITELY be ok. I think by 2030, most of the earth will be fairly green and we will leave at ease.

I believe genetic modification will enhance us as humans to adapt to our new environment, probably ressurect some extinct species, etc.

I think we will also start colonizing outside earth by 2040. By then, the world will be very different from today.

In a way, I’m kind of happy to be born now. It’s a very beautiful chance to see our civilization drastically evolve.

I can’t predict what will happen after a century. But i do not believe we will go extinct, we aren’t that stupid. Maybe the gene pool will erase the least creative and ‘weakest’ of character...but we civilization will continue.

I do believe we will top at 11 billion on earth. Maybe humans will grow even bigger in numbers if they colonize other planets.

I think for the next hundred or two hundred years or so we’ll be okay. Very little existential threat kinda exists at the moment, but you never know!

Currently, we aren’t near a neutron star or pulsar close enough to be blasted with a gamma ray. Which is pretty awesome, that’s one thing to scratch off of your list of daily anxieties.

If we did every happen to get into a nuclear war of sorts, I personally think we have a good chance of survival. As long as we could make it through the nuclear winter for a couple of years. Humans are very versatile, though the radiation would definitely have some negative effects on our bodies.

I also think the worry of our planet being struck with an asteroid will definitely by eliminated by 2050, NASA is wishing to make a defense system for that purpose.

Hopefully the issue of global warming will be dissolved though and we can pass some carbon bills in our legislature to put a limit on how much we release into the atmosphere. As well as hopefully completely switching over to a renewable source of energy and going away from fossil fuels. I definitely see lots of biofuel being made in the future!

The two threats I currently see is virus epidemic since taking too much antibiotics is creating beefcake viruses, bacteria, and fungi. So that might be a bit of a problem. And the sun swelling up over the course of millions of years and swallowing the earth like a tic tac. Though that’ll be at least a billion years from now, that’s a really long time.

I think by then we’ll probably have colonized the solar system and be relatively okay as a species!

But there are definitely a lot of things to look forward to in the future, sciences such as medical science, quantum mechanics, astronomy, and social sciences will learn tons and are evolving everyday as we explore the world around us. I’m sure in about 20 years or so we’ll have a much better understanding of our universe and its functions, maybe even what could have existed before it or even if it’s finite or infinite.

Either way, there is still something to wake up to everyday and I can’t wait to see what the future will hold for us all! <3

Having the Emperor and the Imperium in the far, FAR future makes me both excited and scared. New intelligent races popping up in the Milky Way Galaxy that are smart (Or atleast, smart enough to talk and understand reason) but the amount of war, corruption and HERESY in the new galaxy makes me scared and probably not a good time to live in, considering what Civilian Life is like- Even more so in the Military! So yeah, it both scares and excites me at the same time, but leaning more towards scared cause ya know....

Guess what? Shibie has another existential question. This time we’re reversing gears though.

My next question is, How do we exist?

Not just we as humans, but the universe as a whole. Logically, we shouldn’t really exist at all. So, how do quarks, atoms, molecules, and all the other building blocks of life as we know it exist?

Of course, no one on this planet currently knows the answer to this question. But, I’d love to hear your speculations or thoughts on our existence! Whether it’s the simulation theory, just plain ol’ luck, or even your own theories!​

Guess what? Shibie has another existential question. This time we’re reversing gears though.

My next question is, How do we exist?

Not just we as humans, but the universe as a whole. Logically, we shouldn’t really exist at all. So, how do quarks, atoms, molecules, and all the other building blocks of life as we know it exist?

Of course, no one on this planet currently knows the answer to this question. But, I’d love to hear your speculations or thoughts on our existence! Whether it’s the simulation theory, just plain ol’ luck, or even your own theories!​
I guess it'd have to be some sort of prime mover, at least I'd like to think so. Creation myths have existed in almost every human civilization, certain eastern rites actually have multiple. Hinduism for example, has one about a world egg bursting to create all the things around us and another one bout this celestial being that's sacrificed by the gods who use his body parts to create the universe. Maybe pick one of these and roll with it? Remember Pascal's wager? What do you got to loose?

This question cannot be answered definitively. The unknown factors are numerous and so we base ourselves on assumptions.

However, we can observe that a number of things happen, as far as we can tell from our point of view.

The universe seems to follow certain rules and has structure.

It would be natural to assume that it needs a point of origin. But that, too, depends on assumption. There are also theories that place the point of origin in the future. It is not because our experience of time is linear, that spacetime itself needs to be linear.

It is also an assumption that the Big bang is the point of origin. It is theoretically possible that this is a cyclical occurence after a big crunch. However, was there a first event ? Or does spacetime exist all at once, past present and future, along with all possible variations ?

Such an interesting topic from many points of view...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back